week 2 driving skill competition - XKR @ trial mountain

• Thread starter LMP787B
  • 312 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
cooldawn
I thought last weeks challenge was tough. Sheesh!!

Combination of lots of torque, lower-grip tyres and a gear-ratio that doesn't really match the track really hurts, but it's still LOTS OF FUN!!

Driver: cooldawn/cooldawn
Time: 1:38.776
Transmission: Manual
Controller: DS3
ABS: 1

I'm absolutely sure there's more to come but how much is the question. Feel quite strained at this point but will try to improve.

Good time, I'm really struggling to keep this car smooth through corners, but I will try later to improve my time, need to be more aggressive on some of the corners, and smoother and tighter through others. This car and tyre combo really highlights the skill of some drivers. Good job everyone! :)

pfff. that car is heavy...

Driver: Firedre
Time: 1.41.558
Trans: AT
Controller: DFGT

First go:

Driver: Timppaq/GTP_Timppaq
Time:1'36.103
Transmission: Manual, no clutch
Controller: G25
ABS:1

Fun casual competition you have going on here 👍

Timppaq
First go:

Wow that is quick! Think your leading!

Had another go for about 30 mins and got down a second and a half.my new time is:

Driver: LMP787B/ld_headshot
Time: 1:39.315
Transmission: Auto
Controller: DS3

Can't quite put all my sectors together, reckon with a bit more time and practice a 1:38.5 is realistic. Will have to have a try with manual to see if that helps.

First go:

WRS Division 1 Gold! And the Top Driver in the Top Division!

No wonder!

Any chance of a vid so us mere mortals can see where we lose time?

Over 1 sec faster than Lewis so far........Who are you, reincarnated Ayrton?:crazy:

Last edited:
Looks like I will be stepping foot into a Jag for the first time in GT 5 later today and become intimately familiar by next Sunday.

WRS Division 1 Gold!

No wonder!

Any chance of a vid so us mere mortals can see where we lose time?

Over 1 sec faster than Lewis so far........Who are you, reincarnated Ayrton?:crazy:

Yeah, sure I can vid it on my phone. Now that you asked it, I actually watched the replay and it seems I just barely touched the ivisible wall just before the finish line. The lap is still "white", and just was wondering what are the "rules" here? Are the laps clean if the game allows it? Didn't notice anything on the OP about this.

Rather wait for the ruling on this before will video any replays. Just for the record, I don't mind if you rather have the time withdrawn.. I can drive another one / submit a slightly slower one. 👍

Sorry about this, not my style to submit 'touching' laps, I just didn't notice it while driving. :(

I think a 1'35 high is doable. :cheers:

Timppaq
Yeah, sure I can vid it on my phone. Now that you asked it, I actually watched the replay and it seems I just barely touched the ivisible wall just before the finish line. The lap is still "white", and just was wondering what are the "rules" here? Are the laps clean if the game allows it? Didn't notice anything on the OP about this.

Rather wait for the ruling on this before will video any replays. Just for the record, I don't mind if you rather have the time withdrawn.. I can drive another one / submit a slightly slower one. 👍

Sorry about this, not my style to submit 'touching' laps, I just didn't notice it while driving. :(

I think a 1'35 high is doable. :cheers:

No its no problem at all, if the lap is white, thats clean IMO, don't take any of the credit that you deserve away from yourself. :)

SomethingGR/ELLHNAS
1:38:402
DS3
ABS 1
Manual

First results. Should improve down the road, as i get used to the track more.
Love the Jag. Really fun to drive 👍

SomethingGR
SomethingGR/ELLHNAS
1:38:402
DS3
ABS 1
Manual

First results. Should improve down the road, as i get used to the track more.
Love the Jag. Really fun to drive 👍

Great time! Looks like manuals the way forward this week!

Why didn't I think of that? Should have painted my car red, red is always faster :sly:

Nice lap! I might try racing in a different view, sometimes I perform differently. Doubt I'm going to reach that sort of time with a DS3 controller though, it's too hard to be that smooth.

:lol: Actually drove first with a black one, then had to start again and chose a red one, immediately faster! ;)

Sorry, it's a little crappy quality..

It may simply be my skill level, but your turns seem to be much smoother than the ones I can muster lol. Do you use a wheel? I have a G25 collecting dust in my closet because sadly, I don't know what to mount it on. :dunce:. If you don't have a tall enough table, what's a suitable substitute?

captaincrunch24
It may simply be my skill level, but your turns seem to be much smoother than the ones I can muster lol. Do you use a wheel? I have a G25 collecting dust in my closet because sadly, I don't know what to mount it on. :dunce:. If you don't have a tall enough table, what's a suitable substitute?

Yes, a G25. And I know a guy from here that makes really great rigs.. 👍 :sly:

Yes, a G25. And I know a guy from here that makes really great rigs.. 👍 :sly:

Well if I held the steering wheel in my lap than I guess that would work haha because the table in the PS3 room is just a coffee table, so it'd be like the Jolly Green Giant driving a Peel P50. :)

Wow!:crazy: Awsome lap.

I see defineatly where I loose time. Thats almost every corner. Your tyres are almost never red. Mine are all the time. I´m drifting every corner. Its fun, but not effective. I can´t help myself though :dopey:
I guess I have to change my approach totally.

After an hour session this is my best time so far:

Driver: no1pal
Time: 1.40.252
Transmisson: Manual
Controller: DFGT

Hey guys, will do the update ness tomorrow! Good times. Btw, sorry if I missed your updated time Hamilton, will sort it tomorrow! Sorry team

NJ72
Hey guys, will do the update ness tomorrow! Good times. Btw, sorry if I missed your updated time Hamilton, will sort it tomorrow! Sorry team

No problem you deserve a break from it!

But how do youknow if people just say they got a time when they didn't really?

Well who you cheating at the end of the day? only yourself!

And if anyone gets a faster time than Timpaq I definitely wanna see a vid because I wouldn't belive it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back