week 2 driving skill competition - XKR @ trial mountain

• Thread starter LMP787B
  • 312 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow cracking time! Really don't know where you found all that time!

I tried manual and beat my old time then just tried again in auto and beat it again, every single corner can make or break the lap, its tough getting them all half decent!

Its just crazy how there is over 2 seconds left on the track!

phil_75
I tried manual and beat my old time then just tried again in auto and beat it again, every single corner can make or break the lap, its tough getting them all half decent!

It is indeed, as I know too well :lol:

After a slight change of my approach (drifting to much yet) I have a new personal best:

Driver: no1pal
Time: 1:39.111
Transmisson: Manual
Controller: DFGT
ABS: 1

There are some really good times here 👍

no1pal
After a slight change of my approach (drifting to much yet) I have a new personal best:

Driver: no1pal
Time: 1:39.111

There are some really good times here 👍

Nice one your two tenths up on me atm! :)

Driver: ianjames25
Time: 1:41.578
Transmisson: Auto
Controller: DS3

EDIT: 1:40.614

Last edited:
Nice one your two tenths up on me atm! :)

Will see how long thats going to last ;) You beat me by almost a second on week 1 competition. And when you get your wheel.. :)
From Timepaqq´s video, it is sure much time to gain here also.

I can probably get more out of it, but for now.

Driver: Mac K
Time: 1:38.998
Transmission: Manual
Controller: Logitech G27
ABS 1

Will see how long thats going to last ;) You beat me by almost a second on week 1 competition. And when you get your wheel.. :)
From Timepaqq´s video, it is sure much time to gain here also.

haha i know i had a good run in the f40 i found it easier to drive than the xkr but this week is great fun, really shows who is a good driver!:)

I can probably get more out of it, but for now.

Driver: Mac K
Time: 1:38.998
Transmission: Manual
Controller: Logitech G27
ABS 1

Thats a pretty good time :)

haha i know i had a good run in the f40 i found it easier to drive than the xkr but this week is great fun, really shows who is a good driver!:)

I find Jag a little more controlleable than the F40. The F40 you had to be more careful with the trottle. But Trial mountain is bumpier than Suzuka, so is very easy to spin out.
Both is/was great fun :)

no1pal
Thats a pretty good time :)

I find Jag a little more controlleable than the F40. The F40 you had to be more careful with the trottle. But Trial mountain is bumpier than Suzuka, so is very easy to spin out.
Both is/was great fun :)

Good, i'm glad you're enjoying the events theres more to come!

DS3, Automatic, 1:42.9. OH MY GOD, w/SH tires and NO AIDS that thing was nearly impossible to keep in line. Just a HAIR too much throttle and I was spinning out haha. I'm used to SS tires and all the aids turned ON haha.

i use automatic and all the aids as you said. sport hard tires and after 5 laps i can say that with a little mistake (got it red numbers) i got 1:33.318
and a great lap becuase i suck at this course was 1:34.666 and i took a picture so i could prove it XD (mostly becuase im new to this threads ):)

ImTheZobi
i use automatic and all the aids as you said. sport hard tires and after 5 laps i can say that with a little mistake (got it red numbers) i got 1:33.318
and a great lap becuase i suck at this course was 1:34.666 and i took a picture so i could prove it XD (mostly becuase im new to this threads ):)

Are you sure thats your time with a stock xkr on SH tyres?

ImTheZobi
on arcade. i can do the lap again on video if you want.

Yeah I think that would be good, if the time you say is true then you are 3 seconds quicker than even the best drivers here. Thats impressive :)

Yeah I think that would be good, if the time you say is true then you are 3 seconds quicker than even the best drivers here. Thats impressive :)

I think it is impossible to do such a time. ImTheZobi, are you using skid recovery force? Also are you using this car: JAGUAR XKR Coupe '10

yes i do. and i dont know if i used it so ill try again to be sure. if it cant be ill do it again this time paying alot attention to all aids and ill try again right now 1-2 laps just to see what i did wrong

edit: ok i tried it again and i must have done somthing wrong on the 1st time. my time now is 1:41.394
im sorry for mistaking you all :( i really was sure that i have done it correct.

yes i do. and i dont know if i used it so ill try again to be sure. if it cant be ill do it again this time paying alot attention to all aids and ill try again right now 1-2 laps just to see what i did wrong

edit: ok i tried it again and i must have done somthing wrong on the 1st time. my time now is 1:41.394
im sorry for mistaking you all :( i really was sure that i have done it correct.

Honest mistake, we all make such mistakes now and again in life 👍.

thank you both. well to avoid this problem again ill do the race a few times checking each time the settings.

I might attempt this properly but it will a mammoth effort for me to beat Timppaq's time so I will probably end up happy doing a time in the 36's without putting in too much effort.

Well done Timppaq on that awesome lap, you must be enjoying your new rig ;).

saidur_ali
I might attempt this properly but it will a mammoth effort for me to beat Timppaq's time so I will probably end up happy doing a time in the 36's without putting in too much effort.

Well done Timppaq on that awesome lap, you must be enjoying your new rig ;).

Cheers mate, it's a good lap but no close to perfect. Was .3 up on it later tonight but managed to mess it up. And yes, the rig has made gt a whole new game 👍 Wish I could have had it earlier.

Agreed, there's no way I'll get any where near Tim's lap, I know I can go faster, but not that fast.

Driver: smskeeter23 / sfam23
Time: 1:42.875

Man you guys make me feel like I suck as a driver! :(

Down to 1:41.930 but damn it feels like there is nothing left in this fat pig...

Then again, I turn in too early, I turn in too late, my God my apexes feel like an unfolded lawn chair!

I'm in! so we have till next Sunday right? this looks like a lot of fun, I'm also taking part in Airriders Budget Car Challenge, i like supporting these offline challenges, seeing as I don't have Internet! (yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back