What Anti-Virus Software do you use?

What Anti-Virus Software Do You Use for Your Computer?

• 360 Safeguard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ad-Aware Pro

• Agnitum

• AhnLab

• avast!

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • AVG

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Avira

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • AVZ

• Bitdefender

• BullGuard

• CA Anti-Virus

• Celframe Antivirus

• Check Point ZoneAlarm

• Cisco Security Agent

• Calm AntiVirus

• CalmWin

• Comodo Internet Sercurity

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • CyberSoft VSTK

• Dr. Web

• Dr. Web Curelt

• DriveSentry

• Element Anti-virus

• Emsisoft Anti-Malware

• eSafe

• eScan Anti-Virus

• ESET NOD32 Anti-virus

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Norman

• TrustPort Antivirus

• Other

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • I don't use Anti-virus software

Votes: 11 16.7%

• Total voters
I use Comodo mainly, but AVG sometimes. Definitely should have been a multi-choice poll!

G.T
I use Comodo mainly, but AVG sometimes. Definitely should have been a multi-choice poll!

I agree to the fact I'm going against my own thread. But as I said before, I was in kinda of a rush to put choices in. But the fact that confuses me is when you use one sometimes and another, another time. :confused::boggled::confused:
~ENDURANCEGUY

Im using Norton now and im wondring why its hated?

In my case it's because of the endless stream of popups it was responsible for.

Seems to me that your AV should be stopping popups, not being the major source of them.

Microsoft Security Essentials. It's good and not too heavy for my system. It's free anyway so no complain.

Before this, I used to use Kaspersky Internet Security. I have to say, it's a very strong anti-virus but it's very, very heavy for my system. Also, it's pretty expensive!

In my case it's because of the endless stream of popups it was responsible for.

Seems to me that your AV should be stopping popups, not being the major source of them.

Most the time it will stop them by itself but offten you'll have to go into the settings and tell it want to show up if its from a specific website .
But Norton does seen to slow down browsing a little now and the its one of those things where you have to customize it to your liking i guess or it sucks.

There are a lot of commercial av missing in the list.

I use Norton for years. Good recognition not too heavy on the system. Happy withit since win xp.

I tried some other one (kaspersky, nod, avast,...) but always come back to norton
Maybe i am too much acustomed to their menues as i never use the auto settings

An Anti-virus software is a program (software, which works with your computer) that help protect you computer from viruses, which may damage your computer. Some also offer that they protect your computer from hackers. Hope you find this helpful!
~ENDURANCEGUY
P.S. If you do not have one, just search it on Google. I prefer avast!, very easy to use.

I probably should have put the /sarcasm tags in there.

My anti-virus software is called Common Sense. Though as a precaution I also have Security Essentials.

Most the time it will stop them by itself but offten you'll have to go into the settings and tell it want to show up if its from a specific website .
But Norton does seen to slow down browsing a little now and the its one of those things where you have to customize it to your liking i guess or it sucks.

No, Norton was the source of the popups; it wasn't failing to stop popups from a website. The popups were mostly to "inform" me that a new version of Norton AV was available. I'm not sure why they felt I had to be told several times a day, but whatever. It did convince me, however, that I would never buy another computer with Norton pre-installed.

This was not at all browser-related BTW.

I agree to the fact I'm going against my own thread. But as I said before, I was in kinda of a rush to put choices in. But the fact that confuses me is when you use one sometimes and another, another time. :confused::boggled::confused:
~ENDURANCEGUY
There's a chance a scanner might have additional things to scan that the other doesn't have, and vice-versa. It's probably a very small chance but in the past I've had a scanner pick up some malware another scanner completely missed...

I have an old laptop with Malwarebytes on it and was wonding if it where possable to transfer it to another computer?

It's Malwarebytes
Anti-Malware 1.41 that i have on the old DELL with it massive 320mb of RAM :lol:

Can anyone follow up on this id like opinion's on Malware and the version that i have,
im wondering what it is like could it replace norton entirely? and can it be moved to my new computer.

You should replace Norton definitely but not with Malwarebytes'.
While you indeed should have Malwarebytes' installed, you should also have a "normal" AV system running. I would recommend avast! if you want a free solution, if you wouldn't mind spending some bucks, get Nod32 or Kaspersky.

I've just changed to TrustPort Total Protection. I'm not sure how good it is in protecting my laptop but one thing for sure is it's not too heavy for my system.

I have ESET NOD32 Internet Security. I get it for an extra $5 a month with my internet provider.

Im using Norton now and im wondring why its hated?
I have an old laptop with Malwarebytes on it and was wonding if it where possable to transfer it to another computer?

EDIT
It's Malwarebytes
Anti-Malware 1.41 that i have on the old DELL with it massive 320mb of RAM :lol:

OH MY GOD!! Best computer in the world!

Would like to know what you mean with easy to use. No AV program i've seen so far was complicated to use, they're all pretty basic.

Would like to know what you mean with easy to use. No AV program i've seen so far was complicated to use, they're all pretty basic.

Well I have only used Microsoft Security Essentials and avast, so my experience with AV programs is very "limited". I suppose when I say "its easy to use", its the same as you saying " its pretty basic". I like something basic, what will protect my computer, scan when I want it to scan etc. I think that Microsoft Security Essentials delivers this.

I hope that answers your question ;)

theotherspongey
I use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

I work on computers for a living and i use that and i also use Microsoft security essentials (it is free too and it works great)... But i also use programs that my homie i work for uses... He has developed some great mirrors so i usually never have a firewall or anything running on the computer its self because i don't need to run it... I love when people try to hack me and send me viruses because little do they know they're actually looking at their own computer... When they try to corrupt or steal something they think os on my stuff they are actually doing it to their own computer... And if they copy something the software will rename files on their computer and when they copy it deletes it... I love mirrors so much

Back