What did you do in FM23 today?

• Thread starter DextroCat
  • 503 comments
I turned on the good ol' Series S and raced the full Nürburgring race in the 1974 Porsche RSR (no practice) and it quickly became one of my favorite cars. I also theorized that easier difficulty levels make the AI drivers too brake to early and in places where they should go flat out instead, so I raised the difficulty to the max (8) and tested my theory on Spa, and they were better all-around, but the leading cars do get out of reach. I will test difficulty at 7 to see if that's the sweet spot, before the promised updates.

Last edited:
Started with AMG Showdown from Ringer Tour.
Bought 2011 SLS and car is real beast!
No need or place for much tuning.
Did 2/4 races and saw which is third - it is VIR full.
a71e6afe-06d0-43b2-b27c-2f16d95da428_copy_1920x1080.png

Don't like choice of tracks at all, I don't know them and think that there should have been European classic courses.

Finished C Class Open and got my first max level car, coincidentally the '94 MX-5
So what does that mean? Are you saying you bought all the upgrades for the car? Or are you talking about car level?

I personally spent about an hour farting around the Nordschleife (spelled correctly?) using an AMG I favor driving.

So what does that mean? Are you saying you bought all the upgrades for the car? Or are you talking about car level?

I personally spent about an hour farting around the Nordschleife (spelled correctly?) using an AMG I favor driving.
Just Car Level

Started with German Rivals Tour.
Interesting pick of cars, I chosed M3.
dc557b3d-187e-4de8-89b4-ccce788ebe4f_copy_1920x1080.png

Happy with first track, Nurburgring GP, bcs it fits into title of Tour.
Only did and won this one, I see next is Mid Ohio.

Yesterday I completed AMG Showdown, Nordschleife as last track was full win, real pleasure of driving, not overtaking thought.

2c6149be-4ac6-4930-b74c-17370ea19092_copy_1920x1080.png

I turned off the racing line as a visual aid (crutch?) and survived the Nordschleife. The feedback from the gamepad is that good in this game, and very different from other FM/FH titles.
I've been driving an Audi LMP1 car around Nordschleife in AC and FM, using a controller with both. It's a very interesting experience. I did a faster time in FM than AC, mainly because I can't get round the track in AC without messing up, whereas in FM my errors are much smaller. The car behaves more predictably in FM. The car has greater cornering ability in AC, there are sections I can take flat out that I have to significantly slow down for in FM. AC provides lots of options relating to the controller - steering speed, speed sensitivity, gamma and filter, and I messed with those and had it feeling kind of okay, but all those settings always leaves you wondering if you could have them all set better. FM seems to manage to just make the controller work in a natural feeling way without exposing any of those settings to the user. The car was easier to control in FM, but not in a fake non-sim kind of way, it just felt like it was behaving in a more natural, intuitive, and predictable manner.

I think ACC has improved things over AC, but I'll compare all 3 games with a GT3 car when Nordschleife releases for ACC within the next few months.

Haven't driven much the last few days, instead I've been building myself a phone dashboard. I've got the main functionality working, now I need to find a better way to mount a phone on my T300, I 3d printed some parts a couple weeks ago but I wasn't happy with them as the phone mounted too close to the steering wheel rotation meaning my hands would pass too close or even touch the mounted phone.

Once I'm happy with the app I'll publish it on to the Play store, still have to make the dashboard look nice, but I'm very happy with it so far.

Raced in race 3 and 4 of German Rivals Tour.
Rainy both Spa and Hochenheimring, only Nordschleife left.
f5bf1084-7cda-424d-b3a7-d386aa21e647.png

Didn't have concentration for ring, so I left it for tomorrow or some other day.

It's little strange to have a race with 4 laps both at 7km Spa and 3.5km Hochenheim.

Super happy with how this turned out. Started building a custom dashboard app to ingest the udp data. Have so far implemented the most important functionality, and have a few surprises in store for when I publish the app.

But I then needed a way to mount the phone, realised I had printed a phone holder that would almost work, stuck it on with some double-sided tape, worked good enough so I remixed the 3d print by giving it about 10mm more height, and made the bottom curved, then stuck it all together with some Velcro.

Only had one race so far but yeah super happy with it

[Edit] image didn't seem to attach, here

eeq8PLd.jpeg

Last edited:
Finished German Rivals at Nordschleife.
Foggy on practice, sun came out on race...
626a5d2f-bfab-40ab-82cb-71035e4f80b7_copy_1920x1080.png

Started with JDM Legends and did first two races.
In championships like this one, I usually pick Skyline, but this time I chosed Mitsubishi GTO.
bcd7bf5e-1caf-4702-b35a-9b71e3d34bb7_copy_1920x1080.png

Tomorrow will unlock 911 Showdown, so I must finish JDM first and then start with featured Tour.

2018 RS Avant had the right balance of power and handling for me. I was able to ace most of the featured Audi career races at level 6 AI which is unusual for me. No tuning besides quick upgrade.

Last edited:
Just finished off painting a replica of the Zakspeed ProMarkt Mercedes on the 190E - now available for download.

View attachment 1334143

D'oh, I'm an idiot. After wondering why I didn't get any downloads for this paint, I realised I hadn't shared it. Now shared if anyone wants it (not that my ego is that big to assume anyone would...).

I sold in rage ("rage sell") the 2018 Audi TT. Just a bad car, nothing I did could cure its unresponsive front end, and it snaps under heavy braking.

Any benefit to selling cars? I don't really care about having a small paddock so just accumulating as much as I can as far as my funds allow

Any benefit to selling cars? I don't really care about having a small paddock so just accumulating as much as I can as far as my funds allow
I got credits back (and a small measure of satisfaction, I guess) but your car progression is reset. Fortunately, grinding levels for parts is going away with the next update.

Fortunately, grinding levels for parts is going away with the next update.
Depending on how much you use each car, grinding for parts will be replaced to a large extent by grinding for credits. If you buy a car for 300k and spend 100k on car points for it, it actually takes a long time to get 400k credits, you don't get much more than that from AFK levelling a car up to level 50, and you have to stop it halfway through and start again to get that much, as there's a cap for how much you can get from a single continuous run. So while I have 14.5m credits in the bank at the moment, that would get burned through very fast if I started buying lots of cars, buying car points for them, and only doing 30-60 mins of driving with each car.

Depending on how much you use each car, grinding for parts will be replaced to a large extent by grinding for credits. If you buy a car for 300k and spend 100k on car points for it, it actually takes a long time to get 400k credits, you don't get much more than that from AFK levelling a car up to level 50, and you have to stop it halfway through and start again to get that much, as there's a cap for how much you can get from a single continuous run. So while I have 14.5m credits in the bank at the moment, that would get burned through very fast if I started buying lots of cars, buying car points for them, and only doing 30-60 mins of driving with each car.
Well, I got the car pass, so free cars until it runs out. But seriously, I use only about a dozen cars or less at any given time, and the only car I got to lvl. 50, the FXX, doesn't have a true upgrade path!

In FH5, I've collected 700+ cars... My list of favorites is about 30 or so.

Back