What did you do in FM23 today?

• Thread starter DextroCat
  • 508 comments
Just finished with Ringer Tour, 911 Showdown.
What a great event with fantastic tracks!

Everything starts with Watkins Glen, personally one of most enjoyable tracks...
200f372c-96bf-497b-842a-ede855ee873c_copy_1920x1080.png

Then things moves to rainy Hochenheim
6cbcca81-127b-49f6-9217-3876501c0cb4_copy_1920x1080.png

Everything moves to foggy Spa-Francorchamps, my probably most liked track.
ce7e2b5e-2ecd-4529-9e25-38276454249b(1)_copy_1920x1080.png

Show ends at Nurburgring Full
12ccda6e-4f14-4b75-87b3-54874df29aaa_copy_1920x1080.png

And that's it, didn't have strength for reward car race, that is also Nurburgring Full...

Time to bed.

Had a go at Nordschleife rivals at 300 PI. I had my '90 MX-5 already set up for 300, so thought I'd just give it a try. Did 8:56 with the extreme grip build that I had on it - race tyres, fattest rear tyres, full aero.

That was 21 secs slower than the fastest '90 MX-5 time of 8:35, so I felt I had to move towards more power and less grip. Got down to 8:51 with stock tyres, full ballast. Watched the replay of the 8:35 and was stunned to see a peak power of 135kW. I set about trying to match that, and eventually got there with the centrifugal supercharger and the upgrades that add weight as well as power such as intercooler. It only improved my time to 8:46, still 11 secs slower than the fastest time in the same car.

It's a fun exercise in building/tuning if anyone else fancies trying it. I'll be tweaking it some more another time to try to reduce the gap a bit more. 8:46 was 42nd out of 3025 on the leaderboard.

Having watched MF Ghost in its entirety, I went ahead and tried to recreate Kanata Rivington’s Toyota 86 out of a Subaru BRZ and used it all the way to complete the Open Series Tour in one sitting, which I then also beat the reward showcase with the classic Porsche.

Just finished with Ringer Tour, 911 Showdown.
What a great event with fantastic tracks!

Everything starts with Watkins Glen, personally one of most enjoyable tracks...
View attachment 1335294

Then things moves to rainy Hochenheim
View attachment 1335295

Everything moves to foggy Spa-Francorchamps, my probably most liked track. View attachment 1335296

Show ends at Nurburgring Full
View attachment 1335299

And that's it, didn't have strength for reward car race, that is also Nurburgring Full...

Time to bed.
Did the same today, nicely done 👍 the Porsche event is indeed great, too bad it is a timed event, I've spent some difficult times with the Mercedes event, choose the SLS, it was painful to drive...

I want to like this game, but ATM, AI and penalty system are just puting me away, this is really bad

🤞 For update 6

-Modified my '73 Monaro and took it to Homestead
-Modified my '21 M4 and took it to Hockenheim
-Bought the '02 WS6 Trans-Am, modified it and took it to the Nurburgring
-Bought the '88 Monte Carlo, modified it and took it to Watkins Glen
-Bought the '05 Neon SRT4, modified it and took it to Mid-Ohio
-Drove the Vasser Sullivan RC-F GT3 around Road America
-Drove the Lotus 98T around Catalunya

Been a rough little patch but I got both Porsches done. I have enough club related stuff to keep me occupied for the next little bit and the reward cars aren't up my alley so I'll probably concentrate on other things for a bit. Like practicing for our Daytona IMSA semi-endurance thing and our 70's F1 series and such!

Finished Iconic Muscle tour in first place.
That Challenger throws me all over the track with no TCS and other aids...

Sunset at Indianapolis

d3465621-f3ae-4c59-b20f-52843375de62_copy_1920x1080.png

Next is new Featured Tour with Alfa Romeo...

I raced my Dodge Neon SRT4 online and got wrecked several times by idiot drivers. Give people an inch and they'll take a mile... I then bought the '87 Toyota MR2, fully modified it and took it to Hakone. I also drove the Silvia Super Silhouette on Hakone.

Finished the last of the previous month's tours last night, took me a while longer than previous months as much of the month was spent driving random cars around the Nordshleife instead.

Also been working on a phone dashboard the last few weeks, I'm pretty happy with it so far, I'm not an artist so it's functional more than anything. Almost ready to upload it to the play store.

4gIQAxM.jpg

Powered through the Power Tour. I enjoyed the American Ferrari Challenge (C8 Challenge) and I didn't realize the Demon was on Drags, so that was a workout...

Started with 4 Cylinders Fury Featured Tour.
When is in spotlight, then I chosed 4C, although I wanted A45 too...

3a749492-122f-4fe3-82ed-0c80d025937e_copy_1920x1080.png

Definitely don't like tracks in tour.
Drove first two and I saw that third is VIR...
It's enough for today, tomorrow is Virginia.

The 4C didn't really come alive for me until the end of 4-Cylinder when it got promoted to S-Class. I might try it out with a Porsche 918 if I have time.

Finally started picking at the Legacy Tour. Completing Vintage Hatch in a Golf (can't remember which model) wasn't as enjoyable as I thought it'd be, so I'm hoping to repeat it with a Trueno AE86 and a Dodge Shelby to see whether either of them drive better.

Last edited:
I've spent most of the day catching up on a task I've been meaning to do for a while - I've recreated the WEC class plates for category and driver class, Nordschleife 24h 2010 and 2017 number plates, and DTM number plate.

After that, I completed the C-class championship and picked up the Alfa 4C and McLaren F1.

Let's see...had a busy Sunday! Did a bunch of testing/balancing of cars for our upcoming '70s F1 series, played round one of the four cylinder series with my beloved Porsche 718, and played day one of our club V8 SupahCahs pretending to be NASCAR and actually won a race for a change! Of course, it was at Indy on the speedway so it practically doesn't count, but I'll take it.

Catching up with the Ringer Tour and went to do the Audi series with the new DLC Audi..

Oh wait, it's not eligible! :mad:

So I've still not driven a SINGLE Car Pass car!

Used the 2021 R7 Sportback instead.

Then ran the AMG series using the Forza Edition car. At least that WAS eligible.

I think they've overcooked the rubber band a bit, I've had to up difficulty from 4 to 6 to get the same level of contest.

In fact, dare I say it, with the lead rabbits slowing up wildly to let you past, they've turned the AI racing virtually into... Gran Turismo.

Up next will be my level 33 911 from the earlier Featured Tour - which should then be my first level 50 Porsche.

Printed some new buttons for my T300 GTE wheel as well as some Xbox stickers to put on them, creating a cursed T300

wub9eol.jpeg

Might play around with the print and try and do a 2-colour print so I don't have to add stickers to the buttons, but this works for now.

In game got through a few more open tour races and had a couple of brilliant races online in the M3, really puts in perspective how important tuning is as the races are very competitive, was less than a second off P1's top time both races. I probably should pay more attention to tuning in the other lobbies but I really can't be bothered.

Catching up with the Ringer Tour and went to do the Audi series with the new DLC Audi..

Oh wait, it's not eligible! :mad:

So I've still not driven a SINGLE Car Pass car!

Used the 2021 R7 Sportback instead.

Then ran the AMG series using the Forza Edition car. At least that WAS eligible.

I think they've overcooked the rubber band a bit, I've had to up difficulty from 4 to 6 to get the same level of contest.

In fact, dare I say it, with the lead rabbits slowing up wildly to let you past, they've turned the AI racing virtually into... Gran Turismo.

Up next will be my level 33 911 from the earlier Featured Tour - which should then be my first level 50 Porsche.

Ran the 911 Series tonight. Struggled a bit in the dark on the last race although that was half down to me spending too much time looking at the spectator lights :lol:

Left the Cayman race for now.

Also ran the 3 rival events - actually used a DLC car for the GT rival event! So that's 1 out of 30 used...

Also Also, some people will download anything :lol:
20240320_214110.jpg

First I set new, big thumb orbs to my gamepad - and steering is really better.

20240321_220916.jpg

Combustion Featured Tour unlocked Super Sixes event, so I bought discounted Skyline GT-R V-Spec II '02 and went racing.

First came Nurburgring Sprint, easy win, cause I know the track and car is badass...

0976c22b-1345-4e57-81c4-963c69cdb967_copy_1920x1080.png

Second race I participated was Hochenheim Short. Same thing as with the Nurburgring, with the change with rain that was falling.

5f27457c-e478-4fb5-86e8-88f86396f229_copy_1920x1080.png

Finally, I bought 1994 McLaren F1 at the discounted price.

That's it for today :)

Back