What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,835 comments
Do we have any resident Ridge Racer Type 4 experts present? I just picked it back up after a long break and for some reason some of the qualifying positions mentioned in all the GameFAQs guides don't apply to me; I placed 3, 3, 2, 1 as PRC/Lizard and got cars 2, 7 and 14 instead of 2, 8 and 15, same as I got for placing 3, 3, 1, 2. Any idea why or where I need to place to get those cars? That's on the EU version.

But yeah, been playing RRT4 since Snowrunner annoyed me a little too much. It's the same save I mentioned here a few years back, it's about four years old. I've been playing the game since day one and revisit it on a regular basis but have never managed to stick with a single platform or save long enough to make much progress but today I reached 100/321 cars unlocked for the first time in what, 25 years?
That’s quite the puzzle. I once mapped it out completely but couldn’t find my notes. Here you can find the information:

Between breaks of Diablo IV (lv. 40 now) I've resumed Evil West, and IMO is the Castlevania fix we don't have right now. Sweet graphics (performance mode>quality mode always), responsive controls and fun combat, linear and to the point, and I love the setting.

I dread the day someone decides to make Castlevania a Souls-like, open world nightmare...

Last edited:
@PletdeKoe yeah, that FAQ was one of the ones I've been using that I found to be wrong. I've since found a couple of threads on other forums and asked on Reddit and it seems the more reliable solution is to use the second heat more than the first. Like this:

Old FAQsNewer advice
3/3 2/23/3 2/2
3/3 2/12/2 2/2
3/3 1/22/1 2/2
3/3 1/11/1 2/2
2/2 1/12/2 1/1
2/1 1/12/1 1/1
1/1 1/11/1 1/1

I don't actually know if this works for everything but I did use one of these different patterns to unlock cars 8 and 15. I wonder if this is a bug or a deliberate inconsistency to make the game last even longer, as if that were needed, since we're already doing 7 GPs of 8 races with 4 teams and 4 manufacturers for a minimum of 896 races if you never have to redo any, and that's excluding the extra trials and whatever it is you have to do to unlock the Pac Man car.

Edit: Ridge Racer Type 4 continues, I'm currently scumming my way through DRT's hardest races using save states. I can do the first half no problem but the last four races are really hard, I even found that corners I've done hundreds of times before were suddenly impossible, like the one after the big jump in race 6 where I discovered my car wouldn't initiate a drift on two of the three laps and I couldn't work it out, or the tight uphill right hand hairpin turn on the penultimate race where my car would oversteer and shoot into the inside wall nose-first on the exit... I assume it's because I'm using the fastest cars in the game and they're maybe breaking the physics a little because I had no problem using the fastest cars in PRC and MMM's liveries.

Last edited:
Sea of Thieves. Bought it for PS5, just going to do some chill solo sailing in the Safer Seas mode (no interest in the PvP rubbish).
I think my Xbox user is the same as my PS5 (Fezzik1983) if any GTP pirates are about and want to say hello.

Finally getting very bored with GT7 after 2 years, so will just do one last Manufacturers Cup and then park it in the garage.

Almost finshed Cyberpunk - gigs and side jobs nearly done, chrome at capacity, just got some Dogtown stuff and then it's endgame time. Took me a while after release to jump onboard as the reviews were a bit iffy, but it has turned into one of my favourite games - top 10 of the decade for me.

In spite to many reviews and comments on the subject, I installed Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (From EA Play, via Game Pass) on my PC, and it runs well within an inch of its life: RAM usage up the roof, CPU usage at 100%, GPU usage near 100%, and almost all of the video memory, just to get decent framerate/visuals at 1080p...
As an old Corellian smuggler used to say:

“She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid.”​

I also installed it on console, but to my annoyance, it's not the same version as PC, so I have separate save files. Anyways, I love the game, just as I loved Fallen Order.

On Diablo IV, I'm near level 50 and closer to the regular story endgame, I guess.

In spite to many reviews and comments on the subject, I installed Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (From EA Play, via Game Pass) on my PC, and it runs well within an inch of its life: RAM usage up the roof, CPU usage at 100%, GPU usage near 100%, and almost all of the video memory, just to get decent framerate/visuals at 1080p...
As an old Corellian smuggler used to say:

“She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid.”​

I also installed it on console, but to my annoyance, it's not the same version as PC, so I have separate save files. Anyways, I love the game, just as I loved Fallen Order.

On Diablo IV, I'm near level 50 and closer to the regular story endgame, I guess.
Best wishes to your PC trying to run that trainwreck of a release. It's somehow so much better on console.

Best wishes to your PC trying to run that trainwreck of a release. It's somehow so much better on console.
Thanks, well after some playing and benchmarking, I disabled AMD's FSR2 (which by default is set at the quality setting) because that is what is spiking my CPU usage. Weird, because upscaling is not supposed to be a CPU intensive process. So, medium graphic settings at 1080p native resolution with no upscaling, and I'm using AMD's own fluid motion frames to get up to 100-110 fps with no apparent latency or stutters, but the RAM usage (21 out of 32 GB, with no other programs running on the background) is still alarming. Anyways, it plays reasonably well now.

I'm playing Toy Story 2 from the Playstation 1, it's part of the package for the PS Premium that I got February 2023. 400 games for only $20, now that's a nice deal. I was so excited when I first heard about it on their website.

Last edited:
I started playing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (about 20 hours in) for the first time on Switch. I am not much of a Star Wars fan and this game is definitely dated at this point, but I am a Mass Effect fan and it's very surprising how similar Knights of the Old Republic is to Mass Effect. I know they are both Bioware games, but I had no idea just how similar they are until I started KOTOR.

On my continuing quest to defeat the evil PS5 boss Backlogis Neverdone , I started playing the Rise of the Tomb Raider. So far I am enjoying more the 1st game in the survivor series. I haven't gotten used to the fact that Survivor Lara is a stone cold killer but at least this time around she is not as whiny.

kjb
On my continuing quest to defeat the evil PS5 boss Backlogis Neverdone , I started playing the Rise of the Tomb Raider. So far I am enjoying more the 1st game in the survivor series. I haven't gotten used to the fact that Survivor Lara is a stone cold killer but at least this time around she is not as whiny.
Ironically, the 2016 Tomb Raider feels more like an Uncharted game with some Assassin's Creed and Far Cry into the mix... Rise of the Tomb Rider IMO is like a soft reboot which feels more coherent and only refers tangentially to the first game of the series.
Anyways, I had to cull Everspace 2 from the backlog... I just don't have the time and interest to continue: It's a fun space shooter, but I just see side mission after side mission with no overarching main story hook that compels me to keep playing.

Ironically, the 2016 Tomb Raider feels more like an Uncharted game with some Assassin's Creed and Far Cry into the mix... Rise of the Tomb Rider IMO is like a soft reboot which feels more coherent and only refers tangentially to the first game of the series.
Anyways, I had to cull Everspace 2 from the backlog... I just don't have the time and interest to continue: It's a fun space shooter, but I just see side mission after side mission with no overarching main story hook that compels me to keep playing.
That is exactly how I felt when I played the first one a couple of years back. It felt just like Uncharted and to me because I had been playing Horizon Zero Dawn it felt similar to that at least as far as the heavy emphasis on the bow & arrow. I think I need to get the Tomb Raider collection to go back and play the old games.

Trying out Gray Zone Warfare. It’s so similar to Tarkov that it’s actually kind of funny. I like it, even though it’s a janky early access game.

Do not try and head glitch an ai. They are like the Tarkov ai, they normally don’t go straight for the head if they see your entire body, but if all they see is your head then you’re going to have a bad time.

Last edited:
I have returned to Assetto Corsa to try to test out 3d race track ideas that I have modeled in Blender. While I do have 3D track ideas, I also want to attempt to implement a vehicle into Assetto Corsa as well. I could just take some of my old 3d cars and simply put them into the game. However, I choose to make completely different machines and implement those. So my return to Assetto Corsa is primarily on the developmental front.

I am also playing rFactor for nearly the same reasons. Many resources for base rFactor are rather scares since rFactor 2 came along. There are even more scarce resources regarding Blender modeling, because most of the editing involves 3D Studio Max. rFactor 1 is still a great game to play and a big part of today's sim racing culture. If people still play and enjoy NASCAR Racing 2003 Season, a lot of gamers still race with the original rFactor. So give it a try if you haven't played rFactor before. Or... you can always stumble trying to work with rF2 (or at least from my experiences)...

Finished Barman Arkham City, great game, never played it back in the day, like many PS3 era games which i missed out on ive been picking them up dirt cheap on the steam deck.

Started playing the PS5 upgrade of Fallout 4, forgot how clunky and buggy Bethesda games are. Not sure I'll manage a full playthrough.

Debating picking up Robocop or waiting until Stellar Blade coming down on price for my next pick up.

Back