AWD cars acting like RWD cars??

• Thread starter SUBSAILOR
  • 46 comments
SUBSALLOR
Justice_Strikes
I make a couple runs a night to try and improve my time and get down into the 2:09.xxx, today obviously being after the patch and the thing is completely unmanageable, it looks like the 4wd capability has been removed, massive wheel spin off the line and it's only the rears showing heat in them. I hit the first chicane and it's sliding all over the place, by turn 3 I'm completely turned around on track. I didn't even finish the lap the handling was so bad, over steer in some corners and massive under steer in others.
I pity the person who hasn't golded this yet because I don't know how it would be possible given the changes.

***Under the advice of Sier_Pinski I changed to title to reflect what appears to be a major error by PD in the latest patch***

Last edited:
(SUBSAILOR is referring to License Test S-5 [Veyron at Ascari] after the 1.04 patch)

I just bought the 4WD Monster Tajima E-runner Electric and it constantly spins only the rear tires as if it were a FR/MR car. I wonder if it was like that before this patch?

Last edited:
Ya its definitely going to take more skill. If it stays this way i'd imagine the best times are sealed. Unless it now handles amazing through like the 3rd sector.

I'm starting to notice that some 4WD cars are applying almost no torque to the front wheels after this patch, causing them to act almost like RWD cars. I tested the Land Rover Evoque, Pikes Peak E-runner, and the GTR Black edition and they all perform like this. Some other 4WD cars like the Audi Quattro and R8 road car perform just fine. I've mentioned this issue in another thread, and I'm hoping it gains more traction. (EDIT: pun not intented)

This was posted in my changelog thread, and I too have been testing it, this seems to be affecting all 4wd cars, regardless of torque split settings.

At first I didn't add it as the complaint was specifically R35GTRs, and I don't really like them, so I don't own any, but testing on RS6, S4, RS4, ur quattro, and others leads me to believe that this may be a complete reworking of 4wd cars in general.

I tried to do some donuts in the Veyron and it had zero power to the front wheels, I didn't see any front wheel spin. I don't think this is a rework I think someone ****ed up.

I tried to do some donuts in the Veyron and it had zero power to the front wheels, I didn't see any front wheel spin. I don't think this is a rework I think someone ****ed up.

Same happened to me trying to donut the Land Rover. It appears that some 4WD cars have unintentionally been converted to RWD after this patch, confirming my previous suspicions. I'm starting to think that this issue probably needs more attention than it's currently getting.

I think a new thread title is in order, Sailor.

Same happened to me trying to donut the Land Rover. It appears that some 4WD cars have unintentionally been converted to RWD after this patch, confirming my previous suspicions. I'm starting to think that this issue probably needs more attention than it's currently getting.

I think a new thread title is in order, Sailor.

Hey, some people have been asking for drivetrain swaps. Maybe they'll be happy?

I noticed the same thing last night with the RAM while testing the off-road "fix" at willow.

Out of the dirt onto the track... rear wheelspin like crazy.

Funny, I just noticed this as well. One of the GT-R missions, the car def handles like a RWD instead of a AWD car. Rear wheel spin off the line, tail happy in the corners. So strange, wonder why this was fiddled with by PD?

Have all of you tried to adjust the torque split to 50:50? I know you can't do it on license races & untune-able races, but personally owned cars have the adjustment for a reason.

Funny, I just noticed this as well. One of the GT-R missions, the car def handles like a RWD instead of a AWD car. Rear wheel spin off the line, tail happy in the corners. So strange, wonder why this was fiddled with by PD?

I don't necessarily think they meant to mess with this. I would imagine someone just worked on the wrong piece of code. I do not believe you could possibly gold S-4 or S-5 in this state without ASM and TC but at that point you would be too slow in the corners anyways.

I love the game for having contstant patch and updates since they add new stuff, but at the same time, i fear im not gonna enjoy the game if they keep changing and messing with physics that isn't broken.

Testing a Lancer Evo just now, I notice that, when it comes out of corners, the rear inside tire almost always spins under full throttle, sort of like how a front inside tire spins in a FWD car in the same corner. After a donut-test, I noticed that the front wheels still had some power to them, but for some reason there's a lot less traction in the rear wheels.

It appears as though this patch may have drastically altered the torque distribution of some 4WD cars towards the rear tires. I say this is definitely less realistic for some cars like the GTR, and also given that it's making some license tests impossible, it should be reverted.

Last edited:
maybe they are secretly testing drivetrain swaps and didnt think we would notice lol

Yup, they broke it. I tried an old Impreza which should have symmetrical AWD 50:50. It has at least 90% of power to the rear, maybe even 100 %.

No boys, this is a great step for easier driving, everyone can drive RWD car, so now it is easy to drive AWD, hopefully they don't fix this, this is excellent, AWD are no more broken and understeery.:bowdown::gtpflag:

* Small amount of sarcasm *

No boys, this is a great step for easier driving, everyone can drive RWD car, so now it is easy to drive AWD, hopefully they don't fix this, this is excellent, AWD are no more broken and understeery.:bowdown::gtpflag:

* Small amount of sarcasm *

Hahahah i just tried the Veyron licence test it and its ridiculous. What are PD thinking? They should have just left it at mostly 1.01 physics with 1.03 corrections of MR cars and thats it.

1.01 Felt the most realistic to me. They should at least allow you to choose your physics model for offline racing you can practise driving cars as realistically as possible. 1.04 feels like a mix of newbie physics with a mix of awfully strange tenancies, especially for AWD cars.

I expect a hotfix revision within two weeks.

Relax guys this only affects the stock torque split on the cars so either the something to do with the RA functions of the game or with the new zero method for values that they display in null positions in GT6. I tested out a bunch of AWD cars and noticed that any car without a torque splitter that is adjustable will automatically have 0 front torque bias and 100 rear. This is strange because GT has never allowed you to go below 10% with a splitter, but this bug makes all AWD cars without an adjustable torque splitter installed by default to default to 0/100 split. PD needs to be made aware of this as there seems to be one of two reasons for the issue, I have reason to believe it's this zeroing that puts '--' instead of actual digits is forcing default values to be listed as all or nothing.

I'll check to see what else this might be messing up later, but to see the issue first hand just bring up the RA menu and scroll down to torque split and you'll see it greyed out with 100% rear bias. This does make for interesting handling as you can get an Audi R8 to handle like a real MR car and the only remedy is to install a torque splitter and set your split yourself. This does not seem intentional and looks like someone missed a digit somewhere when they were fixing the Yaw and other components missing from Mitsubishi Lancers.

*Remedy, install a torque splitter and you'll be back to normal, just be on the look out for values looking like this '--', these could spell trouble for the associated component it is associated with.

Noticed my Audi R8 is a very different animal, behaving much more like a RWD, but having never driven a real one perhaps it's closer to how it actually handles?

I really don't get all these physics changes, it's getting damn annoying. There is only one way all these cars handle in real life, so match it with the physics in the game PD, and leave it at that! Are we to believe that the original modeling was realistic, but too many people complained about it being too hard, so now they keep 'tweaking' things further away from that? I really, REALLY, hope that this is not the case, I want to see realism, not realism to a point because they're too worried about people not finding things fun enough for their liking or too hard. :grumpy:

Sheesh, isn't the game, heck any game, supposed to be challenging?????

I know it's been fixed...if you chose to download the hotfix. I just cancelled it. I can't go online without it though, so I'll have to install it tonight. But it didn't turn ALL 4WD to RWD. My Evo VI and Audi RS6 Avant '08 is RWD, but I bought a Skyline R34...and that is still 4WD

How the hell do they manage to **** things like this up so seriously bad lol

Like they're writing code on some part then.... oops accidentally changed 4WD into RWD didn't notice that. Were they drunk or something? :s

How the hell do they manage to **** things like this up so seriously bad lol

Like they're writing code on some part then.... oops accidentally changed 4WD into RWD didn't notice that. Were they drunk or something? :s

GT is a very complex and huge game... it`s really difficult to fix stuff on the fly, perhaps.

Back