What is your favorite Aeon in Final Fantasy 10?

What is your favorite Aeon in FFX?

• Valefor

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Ifrit

• Ixion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shiva

• Bahamut

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Yojimbo

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Magus Sisters

• Anima

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
Yes, yet another poll about FFX:) This time, I was wondering which Aeon you like best. My favorite is Anima because it is VERY disturbing (which makes him extremely cool:D)

Also, please post an explanation of your vote

Ifrit!! Man, come on! he has the coolest overdrive move ever! He is awesome! I always use him more often than other aeons that i have now. :D

Yes, I bought FFX a few months ago and i am still not finish it yet. :)

I don't remember what I did to Anima, but mine was consistently attacking at the highest rate possible. While I think that Bahamut was more of a visual treat, Anima was my heavy hitter.

Like I said, I don't remember how my characters were set up - save for the fact that each character has their Sphere Grid filled completely.

I never played FF10 for more than a few hours, but Bahumut is the daddy when it comes to Summon monsters.

I noticed something unusual about Anima. It has a necklace that seems to have a picture of the Virgin Mary. If anyone knows the significance of this, please explain. Thanks

Originally posted by jizzmirk
I don't remember what I did to Anima, but mine was consistently attacking at the highest rate possible. While I think that Bahamut was more of a visual treat, Anima was my heavy hitter.

Like I said, I don't remember how my characters were set up - save for the fact that each character has their Sphere Grid filled completely.

Is that with the damage restrictor at 9999? If so, then all of my aeons hit for maximum damage (with the exception of Bahamut):confused: .

BTW: sorry for posting twice.

Originally posted by NISMOskyline
Is that with the damage restrictor at 9999? If so, then all of my aeons hit for maximum damage (with the exception of Bahamut):confused: .

BTW: sorry for posting twice.

The reason I didn't quote a number was because I forgot. I'll got boot up FFX and find out...

My favourite is Yojimbo! He killed every single dark aeon in one strike. Just power his overdrive up and give him a little dough and whoosh they dead. :D

OK, NISMO. I headed over to the Monster Arena. All my characters and summons aren't affected by the damage limiter.

Anima ALWAYS hits for 99,999 damage. I had it fight the Greater Sphere in the Monster Arena and his regular attack does max damage but his Pain move does the max as well with a status ailment that the Sphere is immune to. But when the Sphere casts Ultima, it only hits Anima for 900 damage. You gotta love that.

All character have their master weapons equiped. And I did some funky stuff to their weapons and armor that made all that possible. Break damage and HP limit abilities, One MP Cost abilities. Others have Triple Overdrive combined with Overdrive -> AP for easier sphere-leveling.

The thing about Yojimbo and the Magus Sisters is, yes, they are super strong, but at the same time aren't the most predictable of characters.

P.S. After starting the game up and doing that one fight - it took damn near 10 minutes trying to remember how to save :embarrassed:

OK, NISMO. I headed over to the Monster Arena. All my characters and summons aren't affected by the damage limiter.

Anima ALWAYS hits for 99,999 damage. I had it fight the Greater Sphere in the Monster Arena and his regular attack does max damage but his Pain move does the max as well with a status ailment that the Sphere is immune to. But when the Sphere casts Ultima, it only hits Anima for 900 damage. You gotta love that.

All character have their master weapons equiped. And I did some funky stuff to their weapons and armor that made all that possible. Break damage and HP limit abilities, One MP Cost abilities. Others have Triple Overdrive combined with Overdrive -> AP for easier sphere-leveling.

The thing about Yojimbo and the Magus Sisters is, yes, they are super strong, but at the same time aren't the most predictable of characters.

P.S. After starting the game up and doing that one fight - it took damn near 10 minutes trying to remember how to save :embarrassed:

Holy s***!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I think Im going to go off into a corner and cry:( :( :( :(

Hehe...thanks NISMO. It's actually not at all difficult to do. It just took some tinkering to the the weapon ability combinations right, a whole lot of patience and a little bit of drive.

I've spent near 200 hours on FFX (a long time ago). It's more time consuming rather than difficult. As long as you're willing to invest the time and investigate the means (I have large photocopies of the Sphere Grid to map out each character's advancement and some tables listing what stats needed to to be advanced and such), then it won't be too bad.

It's probably like pulling teeth to most people, but I had a blast doing it. And I LOVE the look on people's faces when I have Lulu drop down her little Onion Knight and it saunters over to the monster, jumps up and clobbers them for 99,999 damage - heck, I even have Yuna hitting that hard.

Hehe...thanks NISMO. It's actually not at all difficult to do. It just took some tinkering to the the weapon ability combinations right, a whole lot of patience and a little bit of drive.

I've spent near 200 hours on FFX (a long time ago). It's more time consuming rather than difficult. As long as you're willing to invest the time and investigate the means (I have large photocopies of the Sphere Grid to map out each character's advancement and some tables listing what stats needed to to be advanced and such), then it won't be too bad.

It's probably like pulling teeth to most people, but I had a blast doing it. And I LOVE the look on people's faces when I have Lulu drop down her little Onion Knight and it saunters over to the monster, jumps up and clobbers them for 99,999 damage - heck, I even have Yuna hitting that hard.

Yeah, you're right. I haven't even finished the game yet (trying to get Anima and Yojimbo now that I have the airship). Just wondering if you knew the significance of the pendant on Anima (looks like the Virgin Mary, which makes me wonder even more what Anima is). My guess is that its some twisted, screwed up version of Jesus

Spoiler*

wow, Yojimbo is really cheap! I mean we have to pay him to attack each time. That's kinda suck....However he is not bad himself anyway. Also, can he do overdrive or what?

/Spoiler*

viper
Yojimbo does not have an overdrive. His attacks are also based on paying - the only problem is that the amounts that you pay Yojimbo to attack do not consistently equate to particular attacks. As a general rule, if you pay him A LOT of money, you'll get a better attack.

But if you equip Yuna's Master Weapon, all of the summons will break past the damage limit. My Yojimbo acts like the rest of my Aeons. I only pay him 1 Gil and he'll do 99,999 damage. But before I got him that far, I hardly used him (the same went for the Magus Sisters).

NISMO
I read and remember something to the effect that Anima was the spiritual embodiment of Seymour's mother in Aeon form. And because she is somewhat ashamed as to the true nature of Seymour, the Anima's physical form represents that. While she is a spirit, we can assume there is some religious connection - thus the Virgin Mary "ward-type" necklace. I could be wrong, but that's what I can recall and deduce.

Originally posted by vipergt17
Spoiler*

wow, Yojimbo is really cheap! I mean we have to pay him to attack each time. That's kinda suck....However he is not bad himself anyway. Also, can he do overdrive or what?

/Spoiler*

But if you cannot kill a monster or a dark aeon for example (if they can kill you in one hit and have more than 99,999hp) then you can build up his overdrive, pay him a number like 22222gil or 33333gil (may be one more digit can't remember) then he will perform Zanmato. Zanmato completely cuts the enemy in half and wins you the battle.

Okay, thanks 911_Carrera and jizzmirk for info. 👍 Also, where can i find the mirror thingy?...to allow me to obtain the ulimate weapons, you know? Should I beat Sin first or what?

OK...if you want the legendary weapons, it's going to be very involved. I don't remember how long it took me, but it took a while to do the complete affair.

1. Go to Remiem Temple (Calm Lands). Talk to a Chocobo on to the right hand side. That triggers a race.
  2. If you win the race - it might take you a few tries - you'll receive a CLOUDY MIRROR.
  3. Take the CLOUDY MIRROR to Macalania Woods
  4. Talk to a mother and son standing near the Save Sphere in the southern end of the woods.
  5. Go the the campsite located in woods. Talk to the man standing on the right in the campsite.
  6. Find the a glowing path near a Save Sphere and head up it. Talk to the boy standing at the end of the path.

That let's you obtain the legendary weapons, but they won't have any abilities until you unlock them - which requires further steps. I'll post the remaining steps later, I've got to head off to work now.

Here's the rest of the steps as promised:

Tidus - Caladbolg
  • Find and race the Chocobo trainer in the Calm Lands
  • Defeat him in the race
  • Go to the Northwest corner of the Calm Lands and down the narrow path (the guard should be gone)
  • Find the Sun Crest at Zanarkand Dome
  • Find the Sun Sigil by re-racing the Calm Lands Chocobo trainer with a cumulative time of 0:0.0 - it's possible

Yuna - Nirvana
  • Capture all nine types of fiends from the Calm Lands and give them to the old man at the Monster Arena
  • Find the Moon Crest on the beach of Besaid Isle
  • Find the Moon Sigil by defeating every Aeon at the Remiem Temple

Auron - Masamune
  • Find the Rusty Sword on the eastern cliff of the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth in the Calm Lands
  • Go to the statue of Lord Mi'ihen on Mushroom Rock Road and place the Rusty Sword at the statue - then touch the glyph that appears
  • Find the Mars Crest at South Oldroad on the Mi'ihen Highroad
  • Find the Mars Sigil by capturing 10 monsters of 10 different species in 10 different regions

Wakka - World Champion
  • Once obtaining the Celestial Mirror, talk to the bartender at the Luca Cafe
  • This can be tricky, because if you haven't played enough Blitzball, the bartender won't hand over the World Champion
  • Inside a locker in the Auruach's locker room (at Luca), you'll find the Jupiter Crest
  • After obtaining the Attack Reels, Status Reels and Aurauch's Reels Overdrives, the Jupiter Sigil is offered as a prize in a Blitzball match

Kimahri - Spirit Lance
  • Find and activate the three Qactaur stones in the Thunder Plains (hit the Square button)
  • You should find a Qactaur ghost flying above the ground in the southern end of the Thunder Plains - follow it
  • Once you get to a ruined lightning tower, press the Square button to reveal the Lance
  • The Saturn Crest is at the columns of Mount Gagazet (after a Seymour battle)
  • Find the Saturn Sigil by doing the blue butterfly mini-game in the Macalania Woods

Lulu - Onion Knight
  • Go back to the Baaj Temple and dive underwater
  • You'll have to fight the Geosgaeno after a short swim
  • Find a treasure chest in the southern part of the area where you just fought
  • Find the Venus Crest in the Farplane of Guadosalam
  • You'll have to finish the "Lightning Dodge" mini-game to get the Venus Sigil
  • After dodging lighting a few times (200 times to be exact) - go back to the Travel Agency and look for a chest outside

After aquiring the crest and sigil items listed per character above, you'll need to return to the spherical crystal in the Macalania Woods. Once there use the Celestial Mirror and the weapons should be unlocked. I really don't remember the exact details to this, I'm just recanting the strategy guide for you.

Great! Thank you so much! 👍 :D I can control the aircraft now. That battle with Yunasacle (sp) was hella tough! But i managed to beat her without all members dying.

Yunalesca? :lol: You had all the right letters.
I found that battle surprisingly easy. The hardest battle I had was Seymor's second (I think) form just before (after maybe? I'm not positive) the Sanctuary Keeper.

Originally posted by 911_Carrera
Yunalesca? :lol: You had all the right letters.
I found that battle surprisingly easy. The hardest battle I had was Seymor's second (I think) form just before (after maybe? I'm not positive) the Sanctuary Keeper.
]

Exactly, Yunalesca was much easier thatn I expected, but Seymour Flux was much more difficult at that point in the game.

Hmm...Strange. Yunalesca was much tougher than Seymour's all battles...I mean we have to beat her three times! She always keep use the zombie's attack and blind attack and absorb attack which took about an half of our members' health... I hate that. Flux is not bad as once as you used Bahamat's overdrive which can damaged him over 10,000 hp.

Update: I have obtained Anima (took me about 3 hours to get all the items) and it owns anything; hands down. I beat the left and right fins with Anima's normal attack (about 6 or 7 of those) and beat Overdrive Sin with only Anima's overdrive and 4 of her standard attacks. The best part is that Anima's standard attack can hit from long distance, so Sin does almost no damage to you.

Seymour Omnis was quite a bit more difficult, as Anima was a bit down on attack power, but I still had Wakka and Tidus hitting for about 5,000 damage each time after Armor Break. By using about five Quick Strikes in a row, it made the battle a lot easier.

BTW, does anyone else have the -aga level spells (Thundaga, Firage, etc) with Yuna? I find her to be a better black mage than Lulu. Yuna rocks!

Also, you were right on about Anima being Seymour's mother. It is all explained before you obtain the aeon.

Yeah, I got the -aga spells with all of my characters. The effectiveness of the spells you cast is dictated by the magic level of a particular character. Since Yuna's the main caster of the group, her magic level will be very high by the time you get around the grid to the black magic area.

But as for my characters, they've all got the ability to cast all spells. It's kinda cool, but after fighting with them for a while, there's no need to really swap out characters. You simply use a character based on their special abilities (stealing, summoning, etc.).

'Gratz on getting Anima. I guess you'll be on your way to Yojimbo and The Magus Sisters now.

Yeah, I will get them after beating the game. My goal is to have a "god like" game file and then start over and see what I could have improved upon. I'm looking forward to obtaining the Magus Sisters, but do they automatically break the damage limit? I know that Yojimbo needs the Masamune charged up to break the limit.

I was wondering if you had any better info than most websites I can find jizzmirk. I have all the ultimate weapons, powered up and deadly but I can't find Kimahri's. He looks pathetic compared with my other characters. :(

*EDIT- I should read posts above mine first sorry. :rolleyes:

Back