Which car are you going to drive for the very first time on Zahara track?

• Thread starter Fender_st
  • 397 comments
My stock '04 Aston Martin Vanquish will be the first to hit the track. It's my favorite/dream car after all. :)

First time, i am going to take it slow and enjoy the view digest the curves and apex at snail pace...

Basically getting to know this route...

Tempted to get a fast car, but i think i am going to go the opposite way:

Buy a very slow car... VW bus...

Take it in slowly ;)

When the first videos of the track appeared in februari, I was really stoked and immediately thought about the '56 BMW 507 ...
Nice cruising, open top, fantastic landscape, unobstructed views, lakes, maybe villages...lots of pictures to take... :P

The recently posted video of the "definitive"? track swiped that away.
Don't know yet. My impression could be wrong... But I may not even bother at all.
Hopefully the road comes available for free riding right from the start, because I really don't like the "arcade" race PD seems to have in mind...
I hope there will be a version of the track without all the crash barriers / kerbs / flags /signs in wild colours and with hairpins and steep climbs. end rant.

When the first videos of the track appeared in februari, I was really stoked and immediately thought about the '56 BMW 507 ...
Nice cruising, open top, fantastic landscape, unobstructed views, lakes, maybe villages...lots of pictures to take... :P

The recently posted video of the "definitive"? track swiped that away.
Don't know yet. My impression could be wrong... But I may not even bother at all.
Hopefully the road comes available for free riding right from the start, because I really don't like the "arcade" race PD seems to have in mind...
I hope there will be a version of the track without all the crash barriers / kerbs / flags /signs in wild colours and with hairpins and steep climbs. end rant.

While I'm excited to get any new track, I agree about the curbs, guardrails, etc causing distraction. We'll see however. I'm sure it'll be great regardless, though I was kinda hoping for something like this:

EDIT: To stay on topic, I'm considering the Gallardo, R8 or any 500-575PP Ferrari for my first free run. :-)

Last edited:
You know what? That sounds like a fine way to spend a day. I'll bring the music. I've got over 30,000 songs on my iPod, I'm sure we can find something to enjoy.

Howdy and Welcome aboard! Camper van sound system might be a bit tinny but we'll ramp up the sound anyway :cool:

First time, i am going to take it slow and enjoy the view digest the curves and apex at snail pace...

Basically getting to know this route...

Tempted to get a fast car, but i think i am going to go the opposite way:

Buy a very slow car... VW bus...

Take it in slowly ;)

Oi you ctznoftime stop nicking my ideas :P:lol:

EDIT I've just realised I said camper van. When it's the vw bus variant in the game :dunce: It's just I always visualise those vw's being used as camper vans by tourists to go round the world with. Some of the vans have done 2m miles upwards 👍

How about's we organise a vw camper van convoy :sly: That way if one of us breaks down we've got a handy tow :lol:

My second car on the track will probably be the Beetle, or maybe the old Fiat 500 :lol:

Citroën 2CV. Seriously. Unless for some reason it needs to be unlocked by way of a Super Lap.

Spooky, that's just what I was going to post in Bond yellow.

I'd hoped to use the Miura but won't have the funds. I'll use the BMW 507.

Next will be the Seat Leon, stock, then maxed out.

After that I've earmarked some money for the Chaparel 2D (that's the non washing machine lookalike.

I'm hoping for more GT6 features than simply a new track or I suspect I'll be back to planning my efforts to obtain a new wheel for Project Cars/wait for the second coming.

I really hope this track feels like more than just a course creator track from GT5.

My first drive will of course be my Lamborghini Miura, which as I'm sure some of you know, I spent a day grinding for back in February so I could break the car in on my first drive of the new track. We knew the track would be long, winding, classic European roads, so for me a classic European sports car is the natural choice. The car is still sitting with 0 miles, that car and Zahara will be broken in together. Hopefully I won't be waiting much longer... and hey PD, my birthday is on Thursday, and you like to give gifts, right? :lol:

Back