Why people don't want top gear test track to come back to gt6?

• Thread starter ToyGTone
  • 117 comments

Do you want Top Gear Test Track back?

• Total voters
Bahrain
Parts Unknown
DM me
DM me
l'm watching threads about why tgtt removed and wanting to come back (which I think pd can't) and I hear people say "invisible wall" "small road" "boring" "not for racing"....etc
Why you don't want that track to come back (if it's possible)?

I mean invisible wall, they could remodel it like in willow spring.

Small road?
Goodwood%20Festival%20of%20Speed%20Gran%20Turismo%206.jpg

Not for racing? Okay, how about time trial only (bad idea but still) just like ^ one.

Always find Saudi drift lobby's for this track and you hate It? Don't like the lobby? just ignore it.

I'm not moaning about it, just asking why you don't want it?

Last edited:
I actually wouldn't mind seeing it come back as it would be a fun track to drive around with the invisible walls taken down like on the other courses in GT6 now. I would have a field day with photo mode with this course.

I just assume that people wouldn't want it back simply because it's not really a good track for racing with the way it is.

I want it, but not if PD drops the ball like they did in GT5. Limited challenges, no seasonal TT, no leader board, no standing starts, jumbo jet with single digit polygon turbines, unforgiving track boundaries, replay camera didn't emulate the show, disturbing lack of Stig, etc. was pretty disappointing.

Adding that track makes little sense without the -now probably unobtainable- Top Gear license. Besides, when PD had it they did nothing with it, so don't have high hopes, and the game as a whole lacks key basic features to make that track worthwhile, even without the show's license, such as standing starts and leaderboards.

At this point I would much rather see those resources into making something else.

Last edited:
the game as a whole lacks key basic features to make that track worthwhile, even without the show's license, such as standing starts and leaderboards.

At this point I would much rather see those resources into making something else.
Umh... disagree. Its a test track, and I think a very good one.
I used it a lot in GT5 and I think it tells quite well which cars handle better on corners and which ones dont

Even with the stupid invisible walls and crazy restrictive track lines that discounted your lap for the smallest of infractions I still miss the track so much.. I'm very sad PD let that license go. The track & full runway are just begging to be modeled and opened up for having fun on. Oh what could have been... :(

I want it, but not if PD drops the ball like they did in GT5. Limited challenges, no seasonal TT, no leader board, no standing starts, jumbo jet with single digit polygon turbines, unforgiving track boundaries, replay camera didn't emulate the show, disturbing lack of Stig, etc. was pretty disappointing.

I was very surprised when the replays weren't emulated.

I was also equally surprised when none of reasonably priced cars weren't added, especially the Suzuki.

I would like to see it return, it's a great shakedown circuit. Designed by Lotus if I'm not mistaken.

There's a reason it says "test track" in its name and why both Lotus and McLaren used it to test their cars...
But I think it was unpopular with the cool kids because uncool kids liked to drag race red bull fan cars there, well that and also because I don't think they ever patched the massive cheat in gt5 whereby rather than swing right at the follow-through you could go straight the wrong way towards the start/finish line cross it pull a hand brake turn then cross the line going the correct way and it would count as a completed lap. :/

Last edited:
Umh... disagree. Its a test track, and I think a very good one.
I used it a lot in GT5 and I think it tells quite well which cars handle better on corners and which ones dont

In real life technically it's a quite bad test track for general purposes. That a TV show uses it doesn't mean it's good.

Reason is it's practically solely based on top speed and on full braking, a stop and go circuit, without mattering much how well the car corners, or stability, suspension and weight transfer, aero, initial acceleration (torque included), modulating and the lot, as in....what matters in an actual circuit or in real life conditions. It's like the current Hockeinheimring but even worse.

At best it'd be useful for testing and comparing some particular aspects, but as a whole it's quite bad. Also for those said aspects there are better circuits to test them actually, so no point in using the TG test track really (besides wanting to do particularly well at that track, for marketing reasons).

Last edited:
In real life technically it's a quite bad test track for general purposes. That a TV show uses it doesn't mean it's good.

Reason is it's practically solely based on top speed and on full braking, a stop and go circuit, without mattering much how well the car corners, or stability, suspension and weight transfer, aero, initial acceleration (torque included), modulating and the lot, as in....what matters in an actual circuit or in real life conditions. It's like the current Hockeinheimring but even worse.

At best it'd be useful for testing and comparing some particular aspects, but as a whole it's quite bad. Also for those said aspects there are better circuits to test them actually, so no point in using the TG test track really (besides wanting to do particularly well at that track, for marketing reasons).
I dont think we are talking about the same track. TGTT is has low mid and high speed corners and no long straights, only short ones.

It's my favorite track (if not, among my favs), and I think it's fantastic for racing as well as TTs and general testing. The only people that say it's bad for racing are people who don't know the track IMO. We see on the show time after time how good it is for racing IRL nevermind virtually. And to be honest, I don't even think it's all that "tight". Getting in to Hammerhead is the only really tight spot, and I've still been through that corner two wide without so much as a rub countless times in Shuffle races. If you can "race" on Nurb, Top Gear should be cake.

I've said it here many times: I would gladly give back every new track in GT6 to have Top Gear back on the roster. And it will be the 2nd track I recreate with the track creator (if we ever actually get a decent track creator) after Watkin's Glen Short.

Ive never been a fan of it.
-Boring environment.
-Not really a good "test track"
-Cant really have a good race, to many wrecks or times you have to slow down for slow ai crossing.
-Some annoying and just unappealing turns, for me at least.
-too wide.

my opinion. I can understand why people would want it back but for me i would honestly rather have something a bit more exciting whether it was a real race track or not. Would love more city tracks.

PD must have the worse licensing department in the business.

EVERY other game can have all of the cars, tracks, and logos they want... but the default excuse by the fanboys is licensing... come on!

PD must have the worse licensing department in the business.

EVERY other game can have all of the cars, tracks, and logos they want... but the default excuse by the fanboys is licensing... come on!

Ok. If PD are so bad where in other games are licenses from Red Bull, the Ayrton Senna foundation? Or Goodwood? Or Classic Team Lotus? I mean it isn't like PD are the only game to NOT feature Porsche are they... oh wait they are not. Also good enough to get hold of a large majority of Super GT cars, NASCAR racecars ver the past few seasons, and even a Moon Buggy.

Certainly like to see some examples here.

Yeah... let me grab my bibliography... I hope AP style is OK for you.
Doesn't matter how you present it; a single shred of evidence is always better than none. Especially regarding the "EVERY game can have what ever they want" thing. What about the stuff that isn't in a given game; is that by default "not wanted"? Is it possible all those games you're referencing were missing things the devs wanted in the game but couldn't get?

What about different games having different wants?

Doesn't matter how you present it; a single shred of evidence is always better than none. Especially regarding the "EVERY game can have what ever they want" thing. What about the stuff that isn't in a given game; is that by default "not wanted"? Is it possible all those games you're referencing were missing things the devs wanted in the game but couldn't get?

What about different games having different wants?

Kaz doesn't know what he wants... that is part of the problem.

Kaz doesn't know what he wants... that is part of the problem.

Of course he doesn't despite having raced the N24 to get info on the track, got FIA GT3, NASCAR, aforementioned bonus contents, partnerships with 25+ global manufacturers, recognition from the FIA, and having off shoot a competition thats produced legitimate racing drivers.

No of course, it is all randomly put in a blender and we see what comes out :rolleyes:

And you still haven't responded to a single on of my points.

Last edited:
I would be fine with or without it, additional tracks are always good. I can do without the other variations that were in Forza 4, especially the reverse versions but the main track would be cool to have

Back