Would you rather? - GT Series Track Version

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 67 comments
Indonesia
Paint booth
FMecha_EXE
Inspired by this and this, the goal of this thread is: post multiple tracks that have appeared in Gran Turismo series (NO BETA TRACKS ALLOWED - different layouts/versions of the same track are allowed) and the other person picks which one they would rather drive (give reasons when possible). ;)

Let's begin with:

Swiss Alps
SwissAlps.jpg

VS

Eiger Nordwand G Trail
latest

Swiss alps by a million trillion.

For the next one, maybe Seattle vs London. Of course the winner is obvious
Or
New Rome vs Original Rome

Last edited:
You should make it triple/quadruple. Those or Matterhorn.
425px-Matterhorn_dristelen.bmp.png

maxresdefault.jpg
Matterhorn all the way. Despite not being a old track, its still good.

How about this?
Special Stage Route 11(with the infamous "Death Chicane" turn)

or Special Stage Route 11(without the "Death Chicane" and replacing it with a beautiful garden like straight.)

I will answer them all at once.
First up:
Swiss Alps VS Eiger Nordwand G Trail
Swiss Alps

Next.
For the next one, maybe Seattle vs London. Of course the winner is obvious
Or
New Rome vs Original Rome

First one....... no need to answer really
second one is a hard choice for me but i will go to the original rome layout.

Next.
Seems like an easy one to me, but how about:

Grindelwald Vs Eiger Nordwand

and

You should make it triple/quadruple. Those or Matterhorn.

1) Grindelwald
2) Matterhorn
3) Eiger Norwand

and finally...

How about this?
Special Stage Route 11(with the infamous "Death Chicane" turn)
or Special Stage Route 11(without the "Death Chicane" and replacing it with a beautiful garden like straight.)

The old one of course.

Last edited:
Note: i'm counting the GT3 and GT4 one's rather than GT1 and GT2.

Test course, why? while i like the SSRX which has day/night time change and view to the sea and such, the Test course had a nice day weather with that amount of tress and "beauty" Plus nostalgia.

EDIT:
would you rather have?

Citta di Aria

3000GT_on_Citta_di_Aria_by_Zero_On3.jpg

or

Costa di Amalfi

Last edited:
Good job they both come with GT4!
Assisi (Citta di Aria) is satisfyingly hard - but Capri (Costa di Amalfi) has those annoying arcade jumps/sudden drops.

Capri probably as I ran it for every new car to rack up a stack of Toyota RSC's to sell on.

Can anyone make a choice without nostalgia glasses?
I actually was going to choose SSRX instead of Test course but i reversed words placement so the choose is Test course and that because i just don't want to disagree with anybody.

Further clarification: Real life tracks are allowed as long it appeared at least once in a Gran Turismo game. Suzuka, Red Bull Ring, Infineon (Sonoma/Sears Point), Nurburgring, Ricardo Tormo, etc. are examples of real life tracks that appeared in Gran Turismo games. No real life tracks that isn't in GT yet.

;)

I like Fuji Speedway F, mostly because the track doesn't really allow you to barge into the pitlane at a billion kilometres per hour.

I only remember Valencia from Tourist Trophy, it was one of my least favourite tracks in the game so Fuji would be my choice. Also, 80's/90's Fuji > modern day Tilke car park version of Fuji.
Citta Di Aria over Costa de Almalfi as well, though I enjoyed both. GT needs to brind back more narrow street circuits like those.

Alright, would you rather have seen the return of Infineon Raceway
InfineonRacewaySports.jpg

or the addition of Zahara De La Sierra that we had?
i1Oebtd4lrCaScc.jpg

Sierra, the longest track in GT6 with that beautiful scenery. Still i love Sonoma Raceway to come back.

Would it be better if this thread was mixed between cars and tracks in GT?

Infineon by a mile. Sierra is too long to do any racing.

Or cruising without having one person on the other side of the track setting hotlaps like it's nothing.

Back