WRS New Drivers and Promotions

• Thread starter Tedehur
  • 1,222 comments
I don't usually come in to the WRS forum, i just followed a link from SkengD's thread in the GT4 forum.

Having read the last page I think you are all jumping on mafia_boy a bit much.

He saw the splits that SkengD put up, (i did too but i'm not in the WRS and have forgotten them already!) and came here to tell you all. Obviously that gives him an unfair advantage and Sphinx fairly commented that he would not be able to get in to Div1 on his qualifying time.

mafia_boy has accepted this and said he doesn't mind what division he goes in as he will work his way up to whatever division he belongs in fairly.

From what I have read he has nothing but respect for Sphinx and the WRS so some of you need to back off.

Can you blame someone for having a bad attitude when multiple members call him a Cheater, prankster, ass, and then telling him to piss off.

I think some of you should look at your own attitudes.

Hey this guy isn't for kid gloves! I read his posts also in the other thread and he is trying to push buttons as far as he can for reactions and I'm damn sure he has got them ... why should I even explain myself to you over this matter?
Just go and do what you guys normally do when I call someone an ass or a prankster or worse ... go report this to the moderators and blah .. blah blah ...

There's some real touchy people around here .. I wonder how they deal with real life and god forbid someone ever swears in the street in front of them haha! .. Call the cops and then try to sue them I suppose for offending their ears :dunce: Time after time at GTP now you get guys who never post in a certain section jumping in with an opinion just to look like the voice of reason / peacemaker in areas they don't ever take a 2nd glance at :crazy:

I've been a member at GTP since September 2001 and was in the very first WRS1 way back when .. we have seen all forms of abuse towards the series and have dealt with it quickly and efficiently, be it a cheat or just a simple fake time submitter! But in all the time I have been here this is the first time I ever seen a guy come in and say "hey I'm here to bend the rules and I'm being open and direct about it before I even start the ball rolling" :dunce: A simple dressing down is what he got and some stipulations on what he should do to gain access ;) .. Harsh yeah! but this series has been the result of numerous members of GTP's hard work and effort to make it a success! .. we don't like people coming in and chancing their luck ... simple as that!

I hope the grease monkey does run the qualifier and buys a maxdrive to get himself validated because its the only way to prove his worth and it shows true character to fight back against the disbelievers with some undeniable evidence in the form of valid replays! He will instantly be forgotten as the guy who said this and that! ... and become a verified participant in next to no time :)

Let him fight back with some authenticity and a fresh look on this series instead of the usual influx of AUP experts coming in and giving him nothing to do other than sit back and watch the show from afar whilst long term members decide whats right and wrong! He wanted a reaction and he got it .. now let him sort his own mess out himself if he has the ability or even the desire to do so :sly:

I really haven't got the time to deal with this at the moment, so I'm going to close this thread for a short period before it really gets out of hand.

I'll pop back later. 👍

Right then. This thread is now open again for business. I have PM'd mafia_boy regarding his initial comments here and have laid down certain conditions for his entry into the WRS. I now consider this matter closed.

Please remember this thread is for WRS New Drivers and Promotions and I therefore ask for all replies to this thread to remain on topic which is solely for welcoming newly registered members and promotions. For example:

Congratulations to EDK for promotion into Division 2. Well done, mate. 👍👍

01gtp, How do I send a PM, there is no send message box anywhere?

Moderator Note:

Wait a bit longer and it will be active now that I've approved this post.

Yes, Kevin well done. I hope you now have a bigger target on your back so that I can see it from back here. Congrats again Kevin, it is well deserved.

01gtp, How do I send a PM, there is no send message box anywhere?

Moderator Note:

Wait a bit longer and it will be active now that I've approved this post.

If you want to PM someone you will have to click on the persons name and a drop down menu will show a link to PM, besides other info. If you are trying to PM Sphinx for the WRS qualifier then look here.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2783227&postcount=1

No, 01GTP, he just joined today, so his PMs aren't enabled yet. I pulled down his drop down menu and PM wasn't there.

I think you have to just wait, like Sphinx said.

Yes, Kevin well done. I hope you now have a bigger target on your back so that I can see it from back here. Congrats again Kevin, it is well deserved.

Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to the new challenge. 👍

And I'm sure you will be breathing down my neck or blowing past me again in no time, Kenny. :nervous:

:cheers:
Kevin

Hey there, Captain. Welcome to the WRS.

I had shoulder surgery back in mid January and if not for gt4 and the WRS I would have gone nuts. There is not a lot to do while recuperating after surgery, so having forums like gtplanet helps with the boredom. I did a lot of photo competitions here at gtplanet and seeing that its your profession you should give them a try if you get the time.

It is difficult to enjoy this time off as it is not by our choosing. The simple things we take for granted are sometimes the most difficult to deal with while recuperating from surgery. I can finally wash my hair with two hands pain free. The therapy lately is very painful, but it is all worth it in the end.

Take the time you need to recoup and try to enjoy it. Racing of course.

Cheers, i will!
I've actually been resisting getting back into gt as I can get a bit OCD on it, but while I got the time, i may as well! I'm definetly gonna hit the comps I hope i'd have a chance! Working on some nice new pics at the moment, when their all done i'll put them up.

Chris

I'd like to welcome PeterP42 and Statos to the WRS.

PeterP42, you are running well already. You are with some real tough competition up there in D1.

As for Statos, I hope to be catching up to you on the track as I'm in D3 trying to make my way up to D2.

Welcome to division 3 guys. I think we have the most fun in D3 and some pretty tough competition also.

Welcome, Kesl.
You are from the Czech Republic, interesting.
We have people from all over the world competing in the WRS.
Nice photography. I like the photo's of the older folk, they seem at peace, almost joyful at work. The photo with the silhouettes of people, the girl standing looks as she is alone, somewhat outcast to me.

Hey guys, enjoy your time here and even more enjoy the racing combos.
Glad to see you've come to compare your driving skills with the rest of us.
See you on the track.

Back