You CANNOT trade cars worth 1,000,000 cr and over! Details within.

• Thread starter kingaraya
  • 435 comments
Awsome, just what was needed.YET ANOTHER post on this in a thread that its not needed in.You also failed to mention depending on your net speed, it takes about 1hr PER car you do this with.

AND permanent borrow does only work with savegame file size less then 4165 kb !!!

I think the limit should be 5,000,000 - 10,000,000 Cr if there has to be a limit, because by now 1,000,000 Cr is decently easy to get for people of level 20+. Plus, the seasonals are getting massive payouts, and there are many cars (mostly LMS and LMP, but some road cars) that only just reach over 1,000,000 Cr, like the McLaren F1, Bugatti Veyron, Mazda Furai, Ferrari Enzo, and a whole bunch of German and australian touring cars... But this would also allow trading of the Audi R10 and Peogot 908, which I can tell some may complain about. Although, I have heard somewhere that part of the reason the limit on trade price was set due to issues with trading; as in sometimes cars that were traded wouldn't transfer completely, and it would be lost on cyberspace somewhere forever. I trade at very rare times (only once or twice), but I know this was a MAJOR feature to Gran Turismo... I don't like to lose features. Heres a better idea: how about having a cash limit on trading cars based on level? For each level you gain (A-spec only) 500,000 Cr trading rights (500,000 is 1/40 of 20,000,000), so level 0 can't trade anything, lvl 1 can trade 500,000, lvl 2 can trade 1,000,000, Etc. You can only trade the amount of the lowest lvl of the trading group, i.e. lvl 40 can trade 20,000,000, but if he trades with a lvl 36, he can only trade up to 18,000,000 with the lvl 36. Just an idea...

I think the limit should be 5,000,000 - 10,000,000 Cr if there has to be a limit, because by now 1,000,000 Cr is decently easy to get for people of level 20+. Plus, the seasonals are getting massive payouts, and there are many cars (mostly LMS and LMP, but some road cars) that only just reach over 1,000,000 Cr, like the McLaren F1, Bugatti Veyron, Mazda Furai, Ferrari Enzo, and a whole bunch of German and australian touring cars... But this would also allow trading of the Audi R10 and Peogot 908, which I can tell some may complain about. Although, I have heard somewhere that part of the reason the limit on trade price was set due to issues with trading; as in sometimes cars that were traded wouldn't transfer completely, and it would be lost on cyberspace somewhere forever. I trade at very rare times (only once or twice), but I know this was a MAJOR feature to Gran Turismo... I don't like to lose features. Heres a better idea: how about having a cash limit on trading cars based on level? For each level you gain (A-spec only) 500,000 Cr trading rights (500,000 is 1/40 of 20,000,000), so level 0 can't trade anything, lvl 1 can trade 500,000, lvl 2 can trade 1,000,000, Etc. You can only trade the amount of the lowest lvl of the trading group, i.e. lvl 40 can trade 20,000,000, but if he trades with a lvl 36, he can only trade up to 18,000,000 with the lvl 36. Just an idea...

Or why not just reset the gifting/trading system to the way it was pre-1.0whatever. Any car giftable, 1 car/1 day/1 accout instead of 1 car/1 day/1 PS3. Duping isn't stealing so set trade free!

Or why not just reset the gifting/trading system to the way it was pre-1.0whatever. Any car giftable, 1 car/1 day/1 accout instead of 1 car/1 day/1 PS3. Duping isn't stealing so set trade free!

You should twitter Kaz. ;)

IMO that really really is a good idea. But yeah. Did PD think of it? Can't imagine that they wouldn't have been able to come up with this solution. Must be a reason why they didn't do it this way. I hope it's not just because it's a little complicated and they're just too lazy to make a more complicated limiting system.

Edit: IMO I paid for a game with a 1000 cars. But I want to be able to drive them as well please. As it's going to take AGES otherwise. And I'll just drop the game out of impatience and if that happens I'm SURE not going to buy GT6. Because if it'll get that far that I'll just drop the game because I can't get the cars I want I will not ever buy a game from PD again seriously. That's just a complete rip off. A thousand cars but a thousand years as well to basically "unlock" the game. Because waiting for cars to appear in the UCD or OCD is just a really boring unlocking system. Not based on experience but on patience.

If they would use the limiting system you mentioned then it would pay off far more to race as much as possible to level up in order to be able to get the best deals etc. Now I'm affraid this limit is not being responded to in the right way. It might backfire.

But I don't know what I'm talking about because this update apparently already happened half a year ago so maybe it's an irrelevant discussion by now.

Last edited:
AI AI so it's one giftcar per PS3........., GRRRGRRR.., dear PD that $¥K§ (excuse my language there) No i have to forbid my brother to give present's :(
To the op; thanks for the heads up 👍 greetings stano666 :)

Sad. The first word that comes to mind after hearing PD did this. GT is the best driving game franchise. GT5 was a good game that took too long to make. GT4 is a more complete game than GT5. PD released an incomplete game in GT5 even after taking so long, then killed the fun aspects of it with these restrictions. It feels as if someone in PD is trying to piss off gamers by doing these kind of things. It leaves a bad taste in people's mouths and will make people consider jumping ship and play other driving games instead. Ergo, PD just shot themselves in the foot!

Yes, I agree the trade limit should be removed, but I said "IF" there had to a trade limit, then blah blah blah.:)

If there has to be a trade limit, and it has to be a million a day, make it at least a trading credit system, with a roll-over credit. If you don't use it one day, you can trade up to 2 Million the next day. Don't trade for three weeks, and you can trade your 20 Million car. At least that way we wouldn't be limited to sending a single Fiat Punto a day. 1 Million would allow us to send plenty of the cheaper cars a day. I, personally, would much prefer it. :D

If there has to be a trade limit, and it has to be a million a day, make it at least a trading credit system, with a roll-over credit. If you don't use it one day, you can trade up to 2 Million the next day. Don't trade for three weeks, and you can trade your 20 Million car. At least that way we wouldn't be limited to sending a single Fiat Punto a day. 1 Million would allow us to send plenty of the cheaper cars a day. I, personally, would much prefer it. :D

Very interesting suggestion ... I agree with you.
Only I don't need to send multiple cars under 1 million a day, but I would like to have the option to move cars from one account to another on my PS3.
Now I can only transfer one car per day and not per account as in the past.
:grumpy:

Is it me or does PD seem like they're the fun police? They release the game late, which is not fully finished in my opinion, then they just kill the fun. I'm only a new player since I only just bought it, but seems to me there's A LOT of GT5 on eBay. Perhaps people just got pissed off due to the stupid updates that REDUCES your fun rather than enhance it. So I've never had the privilege of playing it before the updates, but just reading about it really makes me consider not sticking with PD.

Last edited:
This dosen't bother me. I have got all 4 FGT's legit, 2 of my x2010's legit, all 19 of my Le man cars legit and my Toyota 7 plus every other car i have (Both Ferrari F1) legit. Only 3 cars i were given was an X2010 Prototype (for free!!!), a daitshu or whatever they are, and somthing i sold. Oh and i got my XJ13 and the old Ferrari plus my XJ13 Chromeline. Ive spent alot of money!

This dosen't bother me. I have got all 4 FGT's legit, 2 of my x2010's legit, all 19 of my Le man cars legit and my Toyota 7 plus every other car i have (Both Ferrari F1) legit. Only 3 cars i were given was an X2010 Prototype (for free!!!), a daitshu or whatever they are, and somthing i sold. Oh and i got my XJ13 and the old Ferrari plus my XJ13 Chromeline. Ive spent alot of money!

Your just a hard core with no life to live that's okay. Most of us have been all over the trading since the game came out cause we don't have the time to win every race in the game to get the high dollar cars. The 1 mill trading thing is dumb it needs to go away I hate dealing with it. I hope they realize they had tons of players before the patch when they came out with the 1 mill patch it was to make about 5 thousand people happy and they lost millions of players.

By the way, if a car is UNTRADABLE, does it apply to it if it's still a ticket? For example, I won a ticket after finishing the Vettel Challenge & saved it after opening it. But afterwards, I pondered the above question but was too late. So can you trade the TICKETS of the cars which are untradable?

Last edited:
By the way, if a car in UNTRADABLE, does it apply to it if it's still a ticket? For example, I won a ticket after finishing the Vettel Challenge & saved it after opening it. But afterwards, I pondered the above question but was too late. So can you trade the TICKETS of the cars which are untradable?

No they are one and the same in regards to trading.

Your just a hard core with no life to live that's okay. Most of us have been all over the trading since the game came out cause we don't have the time to win every race in the game to get the high dollar cars. The 1 mill trading thing is dumb it needs to go away I hate dealing with it. I hope they realize they had tons of players before the patch when they came out with the 1 mill patch it was to make about 5 thousand people happy and they lost millions of players.

Yep. I'm seeing A LOT of GT5 being listed on eBay. Everyday I've seen new listings. And this has been for AT LEAST 4 months now. You gotta be blind to not see a pattern here.

NEW NEWS. I have two PS3s in the house but if I trade through one PS3, I can't trade through the other. Don't know if anyone else has expierenced this yet.

Back