You learn something new... - Cars you didn't know existed, until now!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 6,192 comments
1954 Mercedes-Benz Blue Wonder Transporter

http://www.babez.de/mercedes/racetruck.php

1954-Mercedes-Benz-Blue-Wonder-Transporter-SA-1280x960.jpg

1954-Mercedes-Benz-Blue-Wonder-Transporter-FA-1280x960.jpg
1954-Mercedes-Benz-Blue-Wonder-Transporter-Speed-1280x960.jpg
227383117_459451a80d.jpg

That looks wild. :eek: How do they manage to turn that thing if the wheels are that far behind......

good, then slap one of those on there. Well... never mind i just saw the rest of the pictures. they need to be fixed so you can see them without scrolling right.

i would imagine that it's a lot like driving a bus and i was talking with a bus driver that I am friends with and he says he prefers to drive th 35' over the 25' because it is a lot more manueverable.

Last edited:
I thought I'd seen the end of an MP4-19 on the back of a flatbed back in 2004...

CMC make a 1:18 and 1:43 model of that Merc transporter. They don't come cheap, but are well worth it.

I'd actually heard about that thing before, Auto Express did a feature on it a few years back. I would offer to scan it for those interested, but it's at home and I'm at uni!

I remember researching that for another thread a while back. Cool truck.

Oh yes, there's some quite ridiculous vans.[/IMG]

There sure are...

Piaggio Ape (pronounced ah-pay "Bee" in Italian ;))
piaggi5.jpg

Nissan S-Cargo
hpool0513_020.jpg

The electric Mega Multitruck
Mega%20electric%20van.JPG

Or everyone's favourite, the Midget...
800px-Daihatsu_Midget_II_Cargo_001.JPG

In reality though, they're fantastic for small businesses. I went to a market today, one of the vendors was a coffee shop selling out of the back of an Ape, professional coffee machine in the back! Another was selling snack foods from the back of a Multitruck. Great for standing out from all the usual stalls.

there sure are...

Piaggio ape (pronounced ah-pay "bee" in italian ;))
piaggi5.jpg

nissan s-cargo
hpool0513_020.jpg

the electric mega multitruck
mega%20electric%20van.jpg

or everyone's favourite, the midget...
800px-daihatsu_midget_ii_cargo_001.jpg

in reality though, they're fantastic for small businesses. I went to a market today, one of the vendors was a coffee shop selling out of the back of an ape, professional coffee machine in the back! Another was selling snack foods from the back of a multitruck. Great for standing out from all the usual stalls.
lol

the zeder z250
1953_Bertone_Dodge_Zeder_Z-250.jpg

1953%20Zeder%20Z-250%20rVr.jpg

wanting to beat cunningham at his own game, chrysler racer fred zeder had built this 260hp dodge v8, body by bertone, these were sold with two bodies, one for the road and one for the track, four bolts took the body off to swap for the other

Well some of those little vans are really ugly, but I suppose if they serve there purpose well and you COULDN'T CARE LESS about appearance...then there the car for you lol!:lol:
Peace,👍
Rusty*

the zeder z250
1953_Bertone_Dodge_Zeder_Z-250.jpg

1953%20Zeder%20Z-250%20rVr.jpg

wanting to beat cunningham at his own game, chrysler racer fred zeder had built this 260hp dodge v8, body by bertone, these were sold with two bodies, one for the road and one for the track, four bolts took the body off to swap for the other

This one is really cool, Hemi and a very cool design, the grille isn’t as good but come on, for a private effort, awesome little car. Hemi!

Well some of those little vans are really ugly, but I suppose if they serve there purpose well and you COULDN'T CARE LESS about appearance...then there the car for you lol!:lol:
Peace,👍
Rusty*

I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I happen to like the looks of all those little vans I posted (though I wouldn't call them beautiful, more "interesting" - but then I'm a fan of weird kei-cars and the like anyway) but for small businesses they make a lot of sense. In the UK, who would bat an eyelid if a Transit went past? Nobody, because there are hundreds of thousands of the things. A tiny, curious little van attracts attention (and is cheap to run). I'm seeing more and more of the little things about town centres and I think it's great :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kia_Elan

just stumbled across this on wiki, only difference from the M100 was the engine... interesting

Yeah, I knew about the Kia Elan, it was just unfortunate it was never released in the UK. The Kia name had more of a stigma attached to it then than it does now, but for the right price it would have given the manufacturer quite a boost - less sophisticated than an MX-5 maybe, but with exactly the same significance - bringing low-cost, open-top, fun motoring to more people.

I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I happen to like the looks of all those little vans I posted (though I wouldn't call them beautiful, more "interesting" - but then I'm a fan of weird kei-cars and the like anyway) but for small businesses they make a lot of sense. In the UK, who would bat an eyelid if a Transit went past? Nobody, because there are hundreds of thousands of the things. A tiny, curious little van attracts attention (and is cheap to run). I'm seeing more and more of the little things about town centres and I think it's great :D...
Yes your right, I might of been a bit 'abrasive' with my previous comment.
And everyone has a different idea of what looks nice, interesting.👍
I suppose I'm just not use to seeing these little transporters around, I would agree with you on fuel economy. Like who wants a car that is heavy on fuel when its only being used for work?:D They would be great for a light duties transporter where a big heavier car is not required.:)
Cheers,
Rusty*

The SARD MC8-R, ia the GT1 machine Toyota used between the Supra LM and the GT-One.

sw20-sard-mc8-lemans.jpg

Very few people know about the car, most probably because it wasn't that very good. It either didnt finish or did terrible at Le Mans. In 1995, it retired after 14 laps and in 1996, it was the last of the GT1 runners. Finishing 15th in class and 24th overall.

The link i got has a lot of facts and photos of the car. If you look care fully, you will notice MR2 tailamps, that is because its based on the MR2, but with a longer wheelbase to fit the Lexus V8.

http://www.midengine-motorsports.com/Competition/Toyota/MR2/MC8R.htm

Last edited:
Back