SurfaceModder  – Advanced Rally Track Phisics

SurfaceModder – Advanced Rally Track Phisics 2.3

Slippery cars is solved – Something to keep in mind.​


Well, I found the issue I mentioned in the previous update. It nearly drove me crazy 😵‍💫.

It was tricky; I had to test a ton of parameters to see if I could find a solution (or an undetected error 😓).

I'll post a photo so you can see what I mean: WRC '00 doesn't work on gravel; WRC '24 works on gravel.

Captura de pantalla (294).webp


Captura de pantalla (293).webp


Here is what the creator's GitHub says: "...CSP tries to guess some parameters, but sometimes with custom tyre names it doesn’t work as expected. So, CSP uses a fallback tire type—'slick'—which can make cars with tyres with unexpected names behave extra slippery..."

This will happen whenever you use a parameter that requires enabling Track Extended Physics with WAV_PITCH=extended-0 (my application does this for you), such as advanced surface or collision (as I recall).

This applies to any mod that does not have TYPE_HINT= tyre_type defined within the tyres.ini file.

The solution is to open the car's /data folder, find tyres.ini, and add TYPE_HINT=GRAVEL below each SHORT_NAME entry within the [FRONT] and [REAR] sections.

I’ll say right off the bat that the simulation doesn't feel the same; perhaps that mod wasn't made for this, and it's better to use it in Vanilla Gravel.

1790353810714.webp


Here are the possible types and the link to the page:


Cars – Tyre Types​



TREADED,
VINTAGE_PERFORMANCE,
RACING_TREADED,
SLICK,
SEMISLICK,
RAIN,
GRAVEL,
ICE,

I’ve noticed that the friction in some presets is low, and some vehicles that aren’t from the new generation (WRC 2020+) slide quite a bit. If you notice this issue, increase the friction in the surface.ini to above ~0.80.

I’ll investigate (when I feel like it) to see if another parameter in ext_config.ini could help fix it. Or you can do it yourself. But with that parameter, it should be enough.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
I want to let you know there’s a small error in the Full Physics Swap module, in case you use it. During the swap, the wheelbase and CG doesn’t transfer over, you’ll need to adjust it manually.
I’ll fix this in the next update.

[Upcoming correction update]
I’m working on something right now, so the correction will be coming soon. thx for understand.
Version 2.3 (though it feels more like 3.0)

New modules: Car Modder and Swap Modder (requires _car/data to be extracted)


Added.
Surface
-15 new surface presets (including variant), Asphalt is a default value.
Texture Replacement
-13 textures in totall.
-The posibility to create your custom presets with your own textures. Fast and automaticaly.
-Live test/ parameter adjustment with sliders (note block not needed any more, all from app).
CollisionSoftener
-Added grass as "terrain collison softener" (ground absorb energy on each tyre colission).
-Rock/stone and Grass are ready for Rally, though the Tyre, Hay bale, and Foam haven’t been tweaked yet.
CarModder
- Rally Tyre added for broken or bumpy tracks. Primarily designed to ensure a smooth driving experience.
SwapModder
-Full Physics Swap: gearbox, suspension, aerodinamic...
-Restore button to erase any changes and return the entire car to its original state.
-EngineSwap: Only Engine and only Drivetrain.
1.Engine and their luts.
2.Drivetrain-> everything like gearbox, cluth, diferential, FWD-RWD-AWD.
-Restore button for both.
-[x] Inject Fast-Shift Gearbox (50ms)
Updates [GEARBOX] section with modern racing response times and paddle support.
-[x] Inject Racing Clutch & Auto-Blip
Applies instant-engagement clutch curves and high-performance downshift blip profiles.



Important!! [Texture Replacement]
AC name de fourth slot as "Detail," but don’t use this texture format—you can only use Roughness, or it won’t have any effect. Please read the README in /resources/material.



1777645631316.webp



1777645700371.webp



1777645732982.webp



1777645767008.webp



1777645789564.webp


1777645892535.webp
Back