Autopolis v1.0

Length
Theme
Eifel
Number Of Turns
Length (Unit)
km
Replica of Autopolis v1.0

This is my recreation of the magnificent circuit at a mountainous region in southern Japan.

The circuit opened in 1990 and was built at a cost of $500 million by the wealthy real-estate developer and investment banker Tomonori Tsurumaki (who made headlines in 1989, when during a Paris auction, he successfully bid a Pablo Picasso painting Les Noces de Pierrette for $51.3 million from his Tokyo hotel room).

Meanwhile the circuit has changed hands several times, in 2005 it was finally purchased by Kawasaki Motor Company.

The only major international race held at Autopolis was the 1991 World Sportscar Championship season final race, the 1991 430km of Autopolis which was won by Michael Schumacher and Karl Wendlinger in a Sauber Mercedes C291. The plans of an F1 race could never be realized as the circuit can only be reached through relatively narrow winding mountain roads and hotels for visitors are hours away.

Today Autopolis hosts domestic series only including Super GT, Super Formula, the Super Taikyu endurance series and the All Japan Road Race Championship for motorcycles.

The layout of the track provides a great flow and there are quite massive elevation changes.

While the homestraight is the highest point of the track T 3 to T 7 and T 12/13 are located at the bottom of the terrain. For that reason the section out of T 1 and the section from T 11 to T 12 are downhill while the other sections (T 7 to T 11 and T 13 to T 18 are uphill). That results in some challenging and fast corner combinations and beautiful views to the woodland landscape.

v1.0 Release Notes:
  • proper track width (12 m)
  • track length only 30 m longer than original
  • accurate route drawn over aerial image
  • correct radii for every turn thanks to an available radii map
  • elevation close to original for most parts of the track
  • curbs placed at original positions
  • sadly TPE didn’t allow the position of the characteristic track gate
  • furthermore at T 18 only one grandstand was placeable
  • some tents placed to represent track facilities like parking lots or houses
  • many trees and banks symbolize the original atmosphere
  • picturesque views going down to T 3 and T 12
Have fun racing this great track!

Original Track onboard lap

Original Track Map

Autopolis_Map.png

Replica Track Map

Autopolis_Replica_Map.png

Original Aerial View

Autopolis_Aerial.jpg

Original Elevation and Radii

Autopolis_Elevation_Radii.jpg

Author
Patrick8308
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 4 ratings

More resources from Patrick8308

• Road America
    Road America
    Major Update - track length and route revised, track width now 10 m, elevation absolutely perfected
  • Portimao
    Portimao
    Major Update - track length and route revised, removal of chicane, elevation absolutely perfected
  • Swift Motorsports Park
    Swift Motorsports Park
    Fast flowing track with moderate elevation plus an appealing variety of turns.
  • Woodland Dropway
    Woodland Dropway
    Fast, technical, diversified track - sophisticated elevation changes - picturesque woodland scenery
  • Nardò - Handling Track
    Nardò - Handling Track
    Fast Porsche Test Track at South Italy with proper length, similar elevation and wonderful scenery.

Latest reviews

Sublime flow with 600pp GT500 on RH tyres. The road crown is quite strong, a bit unrealistic. It does reward accurate, tight driving lines and helps to maintain speed across the dramatic terrain.

A flat surface would be much slower and more awkward. The fastest line would be harder to see, too.

Currently running as a TT in my club until May 2017: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/benmillard-likes-these-tracks.352419/#post-11731128
Congratulaitions. There is no words to explain how excellent work you done. Thanx a lot
Patrick8308
Patrick8308
Thanks for the high rating, very much apreciated! Have fun @ Autopolis.
Same for me, 5 stars for this track. Very cool, good work. 500pp RS, 450pp SS no problemo, no bad surprises, really fluid. We can not leave this circuit, it is too fun. :-)
Patrick8308
Patrick8308
Thanks for rating and testing this track. I'm pleased you enjoy Autopolis.
An absolutely spot on creation, you got the elevation much better than mine. It's really, really close to the real thing, good job. It's a ********** star track. Thank you for sharing it. :)
Patrick8308
Patrick8308
Very enthusiastic review! :-) I'm really happy you like it that much. Thanks!
Back