GT4 Engine sounds: downloadable samples

• Thread starter shirakawaa
  • 329 comments

shirakawaa

Premium

GTP_shirakawaa
Hi everybody

Since engine sounds in GT4 are much better than in previous games, I have recorded and converted to mp3 some sound samples of various cars available at start game in arcade mode, for everybody's pleasure. I've tried to record the sounds in most different situations.

I can take some requests, if reasonable and if I have the car you ask to record the sound from. I'll update the first post when there will be something new.

Every file is 1.5 to 2.5 megabytes big. Mp3 format.
Every car has been tested at the Test Course, Except for the Ford SVT Lightning.
Sounds recorded with the external cam
The
post_new.gif
icon denotes a recently added item in the list.

Please report broken files
DON'T stream the files, download them (to save bandwith)

THE FILES ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD

Last edited:
My dad might just have a heart attack when he hears how good that old beetle sounds. Is it just me, or do tire squeels sound good this time around.

Great sounds! Been looking forward to hearing the muscle cars. Do you have the buick special or the GNX? or even the tank car? much appreciated.

Awesome endeavor to undertake... you're a credit to the GT community, Akira.

Thanks for the snippets... :)

Edit: After actually listening to the Chevelle SS sound byte, I am afraid to drive -- in my current state of euphoria, I might do something very, very stupid behind the wheel.

That nsx-r is just as I imagined it! it sounds amazing!!! :dunce:

I'm looking forward to blasting around on LeMans and nurb now with that thing!!

SLR request if possible. thankyou very much!

Avenix~

honourable mentions

the m3
Mercedes-Benz CL600

kx125z
My dad might just have a heart attack when he hears how good that old beetle sounds. Is it just me, or do tire squeels sound good this time around.
ha, my dad too too, he's an air cooled fanatic (which has made me one too :dopey: ) can't wait to drive it in game. The idle noise sounds just like my dad's. spot on P.D 👍

BIG THANKS TO AKIRA!!!!111!!!!11! 👍 👍 👍

oh yeah if possible i'd like to hear that yellow drift 350Z (the one with the body kit) as it has a rocket style muffler and in life they are really low pitched and very loud, would like to see if PD have got it right.

Mate if possible, Holden Monaro, Ford XR8 V8 Supercar, Ford Falcon F6 Typhoon, Ford Falcon GT, Standard 98/99 WRX vs Modified 98/99 WRX, and same with GTR Skyline.

Sorry for the amount but the Aussie cars im interested in, and the WRX i noticed the WRC has a nice WRX sound at low revs but its heavily tuned so i am wondering how the standard wrx sounds, and how it is compared to the same wrx but modified.

I dont expect anything, only if its possible.

Thanks for the recordings SHIRAKAWA Akira 👍

It does seem like the engine sounds have improved a fair bit, some more than others, the Beetle sounded great! (well for a beetle...). :)

Slick6
440 Cuda. :drool:

I know, the idle sound is just awesome. Mind you so is the Impreza and the Beetle wow the beetle wow yeah wow. The beetle.

Oh even the Civic sounded nice at full song.

Latest Posts

Back