200pt A-spec races

• Thread starter route_66
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shannon
Beginner Hall: Pickup Truck event with a stock Dodge Ram will yield you 200 a-spec points.

Hell, you can even give it a supercharger to kill the competition and still get the points.

Yeah, I used this one too. You only need some kind of powerboost for the Fuji race. The other races I won easily with a completely stock Ram, not even an oil change. 👍

Grtz,

MSH

Old Man
All five Speedster Cup races are 200 a-spec points a piece in a stock Speedster NA or Turbo. By stock I mean oil change and nothing else.

And if someone says they won one of these races, I'll need to see a video and some kind of proof their car was stock. I couldn't even catch up to the fifth place car with a stock Speedster Turbo! :ouch: IMHO, these five races, especially Infineon and Seattle, are some of the most challenging in the game.

Also, thanks for starting this thread. I like racing, not blowing by the AI cars before the first turn and winning by a mile, not, as Old Geezer so aptly puts it, bringing a gun to a knife fight. So, I'm beginning to pay attention to a-spec points as a means for keeping the race competitive, and, if folks respond and post, this thread may help me to do this more efficiently.
You can actually tune the speedster quite hard and still get 200 A-spec pts. lvl 3 turbo, R/M tires and second degree of lightening will still give you 200 pts. The AI are maxed out as much as possible.

Messiah
Not 200pts but a decent haul for a stock car - Evolution Meeting, the Evo 8 MR (top car in the range) grabbed at least 112pts stock. The lower cars in the group should easily be capable of much more...

Agreed: my lightly modified Evo7 GT-A was pulling in the same amount of points (~110). I dont think it had ballast. The GT-A is one of the least powerful Lancers, (Evo I/II might be, I can't be sure), and so would be one of the better choices for 200pt racing.

Messiah
Which other one make events can you do anything to the car and still get 200pts?

Definetly the Clio races, but it´s easy to overdo it there, ´cause the race is really hard against the trophycars in a somewhat stock Clio V6.

Also the Suzuki races are apparently the same thing.

This has become my fav thread as I am now trying to get as many A-Spec points (w/Mission 34 finally out of the way) as I can. Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a thread specifically for posting how many A-Spec points people have. Would like to get an idea of how far I can hopefully go. I tried a search and couldn't find one just for that purpose (there's the Theoretic Maximum thread that gives an idea of what MIGHT be possible) and I may be the only one who wants one. Anyone else interested/have any info? Thanks.

Gentry Coach
This has become my fav thread as I am now trying to get as many A-Spec points (w/Mission 34 finally out of the way) as I can. Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a thread specifically for posting how many A-Spec points people have. Would like to get an idea of how far I can hopefully go. I tried a search and couldn't find one just for that purpose (there's the Theoretic Maximum thread that gives an idea of what MIGHT be possible) and I may be the only one who wants one. Anyone else interested/have any info? Thanks.

I was going to post my status screen when I'm finished, so yeah maybe a new thread, or maybe you could stick it in here and do your bragging. I don't think anyone will mind. As for how many you can get, my total is in my sig and I reckon 100k-105K will be as high as anybody can get - that's what i'm aiming for, the MAx is 113,100 but there's a fair few races that can't get 200pts, mainly one make manufacturer races (I only managed 122 at the 2CV race, that's about my lowest so far)

New race - Tokyo 300km enduro - BMW 320i touring car / R1/R1 / NA stage 2 - 200pts

The Speedster races. I entered a fully tuned turbo with all power upgrades and oil change, stage 3 weight reduction and Medium race tires, gearbox and suspension upgrades for 198 A spec points.
To get to 200 points I first added 25 kg ballast but futher testing found I only had to add 6 kg of ballast to get 200 points. I moved the balance to -10 to give the best front back grip balance.

Right, firstly, the DTM. AMG Merc 190 evo touring on S2's (yes S2 tires) - 200pts provided there's no other 190 merc in the line up. And it can be done on S2's, at the ring I still ran a 7'19 lap which was enough to win by 5 secs.

Secondly, the finish line is in sight for me, I finally gave the PS2 a rest 5 minutes ago after nearly 100hrs in the last 7 days - 89.9% completion and 92651 A-spec points. By my calculation I've got about 10000-15000 possible points left to get (but that includes 6 enduros with both the 8hr and 9hr races to go)............should only take me another couple of days to get to my maximum, and when I do i'll post my status screen. And brag. quite a bit. and you can all ridicule me for being inexcusably sad spending this long getting all these points.

route_66
Right, firstly, the DTM. AMG Merc 190 evo touring on S2's (yes S2 tires) - 200pts provided there's no other 190 merc in the line up. And it can be done on S2's, at the ring I still ran a 7'19 lap which was enough to win by 5 secs..

DAMN! :bowdown:

Alright, gotta ask. Did you have to qualify or use nitrous?

I'm doing DTM right now and getting 191 w/R1s. Had to switch all the way down to R3s for Paris. (BTW: CLK is in the pole which made things painful). R2s seems vaguely possible. R1s I'm not sure if I could catch 5th. Also needed R2s for Fuji and the Ring (because I suck - it was about a 7'14 and I just squeeked by - but then I off-roaded at least 4 or 5 times)

jdw
DAMN! :bowdown:

Alright, gotta ask. Did you have to qualify or use nitrous?

I'm doing DTM right now and getting 191 w/R1s. Had to switch all the way down to R3s for Paris. (BTW: CLK is in the pole which made things painful). R2s seems vaguely possible. R1s I'm not sure if I could catch 5th. Also needed R2s for Fuji and the Ring (because I suck - it was about a 7'14 and I just squeeked by - but then I off-roaded at least 4 or 5 times)

No Nitrous, but yes to qualifying, and you only get one shot at qualifying or the AI gets it's tyres warm and you can't keep up anymore. Oh and I didn't need qualifying for the 'ring, I was lazy enough not to bother and cocky enough to think I could do it from the back. And I was right, the AI is rubbish at the ring and I'm not bad, plus I love that Merc, it's brilliant. 👍

Also the AI is truly terrible at High Speed Ring. Fuji's was hardest but that's because I hate the track, so i needed some blocking there.

route_66
No Nitrous, but yes to qualifying, and you only get one shot at qualifying or the AI gets it's tyres warm and you can't keep up anymore. Oh and I didn't need qualifying for the 'ring, I was lazy enough not to bother and cocky enough to think I could do it from the back. And I was right, the AI is rubbish at the ring and I'm not bad, plus I love that Merc, it's brilliant. 👍

Also the AI is truly terrible at High Speed Ring. Fuji's was hardest but that's because I hate the track, so i needed some blocking there.

Oh great... yet another goal for me to aspire to :ill:

At least it's good timing, since I was planning on going back for the 200p version of these later against the same lineup.

Funny thing, if you finish a championship and go right back into it, the set of lineups is exactly the same.

Question so I better understand what I'm up against ;)
Given that you had a 7'20 at the ring with S2s what do you suppose you could run it with R1s or R2s?

jdw
Oh great... yet another goal for me to aspire to :ill:

At least it's good timing, since I was planning on going back for the 200p version of these later against the same lineup.

Funny thing, if you finish a championship and go right back into it, the set of lineups is exactly the same.

Question so I better understand what I'm up against ;)
Given that you had a 7'20 at the ring with S2s what do you suppose you could run it with R1s or R2s?

hmmmm....well my best time for that car (i'm sad to enough to have my own personal excel laptime database for about 70 odd of my favorite cars) is 6'57.3 on R3's so.....7'10 on R1's is a guess. Tell you what, I'll just go and do it............

EDIT: obviously all this A-spec bad tyre driving's made me better than when I did that test lap before - I just took 1 lap on R1's and got 7'03.862. There you go, you have a target.

EDIT 2: did a second lap. 7'01.243. sorry, and good luck. I'm sure the time can be beaten, I made plenty of little mistakes.

does anyone know how many miles you have to put on a car for the oil to go bad

plus I'd like to add the spitfire cup for races you can't get 200 for

stock spitfire, 200 ballast and N3's gives 104
stock spitfire, 200 ballast and N1's gives 104

stock spitfire gives 52 or 54

ideas ???

deadboy1975
does anyone know how many miles you have to put on a car for the oil to go bad

plus I'd like to add the spitfire cup for races you can't get 200 for

stock spitfire, 200 ballast and N3's gives 104
stock spitfire, 200 ballast and N1's gives 104

stock spitfire gives 52 or 54

ideas ???

Oil - upwards of 3000 miles. Which is a pain because there's a good few races where you'd like to have bad oil on a car, but I'm not going to be trying to put 3000miles on them all first!

The Spitfire - I'm sure I got more than 104 for N1's and 200 ballast, more like 130-150. I'll check again later but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

route_66
Oil - upwards of 3000 miles. Which is a pain because there's a good few races where you'd like to have bad oil on a car, but I'm not going to be trying to put 3000miles on them all first!

The Spitfire - I'm sure I got more than 104 for N1's and 200 ballast, more like 130-150. I'll check again later but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

that was using the car I bought, not the car that you win from that series

but I'll be interested to hear if you got more than 104 points

nice result of 93K thou'

damn I've got a long way to go

deadboy1975
that was using the car I bought, not the car that you win from that series

but I'll be interested to hear if you got more than 104 points

nice result of 93K thou'

damn I've got a long way to go

It was the bought car. The car you win is lighter and gets less A-spec points. I still haven't tested it though, I spent all night watching the election and my girlfriend's over this weekend. I'll get round to it.

New Entries - Just went through the American Events:

All American Championship(all 200s) - Shelby 427 Cobra w/dt/su ups, R3s a chip and racing muffler vs. Oreca Viper, Camaro LM, Ford GT LM, Chapparal 2D and GT40. Had to widen out the tranny to 11 for NY because it tops at 150mph

Stars And Stripes(200s):
Buick GN-X - stock
vs. Shelby Series 1 (3rd), Viper GTS (5th), Pontiac GTO 5.7, SVT Cobra and the Camaro SS.

Hot Rod Comp(200s):
NY - Ford Lightning - stock
vs. Dodge SRT4, Pontiac GTO 5.7, SVT Cobra, Callaway C12 and a Lightning

Laguna and El Cap - Delorean - stock
vs. SVT Cobra, Callaway C12, Viper GTS, Shelby Series 1, Pontiac GTO 5.7
El Cap was a joke (beating a Viper and a Shelby by 10s... for shame! :D ) but Laguna was tough. Note: The Delorean had room so it could have gone against a lesser lineup and still got 200p

Muscle Car (200s)
'54 Vette w/NA1, dt-su ups and S3s... Yes, I had to use nitrous at NY :guilty:
vs. Le Mans GTO, Cougar XR-7, Super Bird, Camaro Z28 302 and Camaro SS

There's one other car that can get 200p, the '63 Vette but you need the Buick Special in the lineup and bad tires to do it. I kept it stock for 166 on Infineon and Seattle and it was already hard. But someone looking for a challenge could do it.

'

jdw
New Entries - Just went through the American Events:

All American Championship(all 200s) - Shelby 427 Cobra w/dt/su ups, R3s a chip and racing muffler vs. Oreca Viper, Camaro LM, Ford GT LM, Chapparal 2D and GT40. Had to widen out the tranny to 11 for NY because it tops at 150mph

Stars And Stripes(200s):
Buick GN-X - stock
vs. Shelby Series 1 (3rd), Viper GTS (5th), Pontiac GTO 5.7, SVT Cobra and the Camaro SS.

Hot Rod Comp(200s):
NY - Ford Lightning - stock
vs. Dodge SRT4, Pontiac GTO 5.7, SVT Cobra, Callaway C12 and a Lightning

Laguna and El Cap - Delorean - stock
vs. SVT Cobra, Callaway C12, Viper GTS, Shelby Series 1, Pontiac GTO 5.7
El Cap was a joke (beating a Viper and a Shelby by 10s... for shame! :D ) but Laguna was tough. Note: The Delorean had room so it could have gone against a lesser lineup and still got 200p

Muscle Car (200s)
'54 Vette w/NA1, dt-su ups and S3s... Yes, I had to use nitrous at NY :guilty:
vs. Le Mans GTO, Cougar XR-7, Super Bird, Camaro Z28 302 and Camaro SS

There's one other car that can get 200p, the '63 Vette but you need the Buick Special in the lineup and bad tires to do it. I kept it stock for 166 on Infineon and Seattle and it was already hard. But someone looking for a challenge could do it.

'

Thanks a lot these are about all i've got left to do.............well and 30 odd hours of enduros. but before I get stuck into Motegi 8hr I'll be sending that delorean to get me some viper scalp.

Beginner Hall
Sunday Cup [200 A-spec] Yaris/Vitz: 70 hp
FF Challenge [200 A-spec] Lupo: New oil; S2 tyres; [Stock]
FF Challenge [200 A-spec] Yaris/Vitz: some ballast
FF Challenge [200 A-spec] Mini Cooper: Stock hp; [Some races]
FR Challenge [200 A-spec] Ginetta G4?
FR Challenge [200 A-spec] MX5: 120 hp; R exhaust; Chip; DT/Susp: SR Suspension; +/- ballast
FR Challenge [200 A-spec] MX-5 Miata 1800RS '00 : NA1 induction; R exhaust; DT/Susp: All; [R Muffler for S3s Tsukuba]
4WD Challenge [200 A-spec] Dodge RAM 1500
4WD Challenge [199 A-spec] Mitsubishi 3000GT: Stock hp; New oil; [Not Fuji]
4WD Challenge [200 A-spec] Celica GT Four (St185): Sport or N1 tyres; +/- ballast
MR Challenge [199 A-spec] MGF '97: S3 tyres; [Some races]
MR Challenge [200 A-spec] MR2 '85: R exhaust; Chip; [No NSX]
Lightweight K Cup [180+ A-spec] Daihatsu Move : 55 hp
Lightweight K Cup [200 A-spec] Honda Life Van : 30+ hp; R exhaust; Chip; some ballast; [Hard]
Lightweight K Cup [200 A-spec] Daihatsu Midget II : 32? hp; N3 tyres; NOS
Spider & Roadster [200 A-spec] MX5: 120 hp; R exhaust; Chip; DT/Susp: SR Suspension; +/- ballast
Spider & Roadster [180 A-spec] Lotus Elise Type 72 : Stock hp
Sport Truck Race [200 A-spec] Dodge RAM 1500

Professional Hall
Clubman Cup [200 A-spec] '54 Vette: S2 tyres; NA1 induction
Clubman Cup [200 A-spec] Lotus Elise Type 72 : 133 hp; S3 tyres; R exhaust; Chip; DT/Susp: All; [Not Seoul]
Clubman Cup [173 A-spec] 111R: [Seoul]
Tuning Car Grand Prix [200 A-spec] Lancer GSR Rally Car '74: 219 hp; NA3 induction; [Not Tokyo]
Tuning Car Grand Prix [200 A-spec] Clio Race Car : [El Cap and Apricot]
Race of NA Sports [180 A-spec] S2000
Race of NA Sports [200 A-spec] Clio: S3 tyres; R exhaust; Chip; [+/- mods dep on opps]
Race of Turbo Sports [200 A-spec] Speedster Turbo: 260 hp; S2 tyres; T1 induction; ? exhaust
Race of Turbo Sports [200 A-spec] '85 RX-7: 280 hp; Used; Old oil; R1 tyres; BRP; WR1; NOS; DT/Susp: All
Race of Turbo Sports [200 A-spec] 22B-STi: S3 tyres; R exhaust; DT/Susp: All
Race of Turbo Sports [200 A-spec] Lotus Esprit Turbo HC : 230 hp; S3 tyres; DT/Susp: All
Boxer Spirit [200 A-spec] Legacy B4 Blitzen
Boxer Spirit [197 A-spec] 22B-STi: S3 tyres; DT/Susp: All
World Compact Car Race [200 A-spec] Cappuccino: 87 hp; N3 tyres
World Compact Car Race [200 A-spec] `87 Nissan BE-1: S3 tyres; NOS; DT/Susp: All
Supercar Festival [200 A-spec] M3 GTR: New oil; S1/S3 tyres; NA2 induction
Gran Turismo World C'ship [200 A-spec] R390 GT1: Used; 50 ballast
Gran Turismo World C'ship [200 A-spec] 787B: Used; New oil; R1 tyres
Gran Turismo World C'ship [200 A-spec] Mercedes CLK-GTR: R1 tyres; 100 ballast

Extreme Hall
Dream Car Championship [200 A-spec] BMW M3 GTR Race Car : R2 tyres; [7 of 10; need all LM car in field]
Dream Car Championship [200 A-spec] AMG Mercedes 190 Evo Touring Car : [No LM Zonda]
Like the Wind [200 A-spec] Vette Z06 C2 Race Car '63: T4 induction; DT/Susp: RT
Like the Wind [200 A-spec] Cerbera Speed 12 : R1 tyres; T4 induction
Like the Wind [200 A-spec] Supra RZ '97: max hp
Formula GT Grand Prix [200 A-spec] Audi R8: New oil; R1 tyres
Premium Sports Lounge [200 A-spec] M3 GTR: 380 hp; No oil

American Hall
American Grand Prix [200 A-spec] Mustang SVT Cobra R '00: R3 tyres; R exhaust; Chip; NOS; DT/Susp: All
American Grand Prix [200 A-spec] Shelby 427 Cobra : R3 tyres; R exhaust; Chip; DT/Susp: All
Stars & Stripes [200 A-spec] Ford RS200 Road Car: Stock hp
Stars & Stripes [200 A-spec] Buick GN-X: Stock hp
Muscle Car Grand Prix [200 A-spec] Ford RS200 Road Car: Stock hp
Old Muscle Car Grand Prix [200 A-spec] '54 Corvette: S2 tyres; NA1 induction; R exhaust; Chip; NOS; DT/Susp: Yes; +/- ballast; [No 427 Cobra]

European Hall
European Championship [200 A-spec] M3 GTR
European Championship [200 A-spec] M3 CSL
British GT Car Cup [200 A-spec] Jaguar S-Type R: Mild + hp
British GT Car Cup [200 A-spec] Elise 190: Max hp
British GT Car Cup [200 A-spec] Lotus Elise 111R '04 : ++ hp; DT/Susp: All
British GT Car Cup [ A-spec] Aston Martin Vanquish : [Stock]
British Lightweight [146 A-spec] Elise Type '72 : N2 tyres; DT/Susp: All
British Lightweight [200 A-spec] Triumph Spitfire : 83 hp; NA1 induction; NOS (100); DT/Susp: All; [Prize car]
German Touring Car GP [200 A-spec] AMG 190 Evo II: S2 tyres
Italian Festival [200 A-spec] Alfa Romeo Sprint '65: S3 tyres; R exhaust; Chip; DT/Susp: All
Italian Festival [200 A-spec] Citroen C3: + hp; [Not GV]
Italian Festival [200 A-spec] Alpha Romeo Gulietta 1600 : S1/S3 tyres; NA1 induction; Sp exhaust; Chip
French Grand Prix [200 A-spec] Citroen C3: + hp; [Not GV]
French Grand Prix [198 A-spec] Megane 16V: S1 tyres; NOS
European Hot Hatch GP [200 A-spec] Mini Cooper: S3 tyres; R exhaust; Chip; NOS; DT/Susp: All
European Hot Hatch GP [200 A-spec] 120i
European Hot Hatch GP [200 A-spec] Golf
Schwarzwald League A [200 A-spec] 120d
Schwarzwald League B [200 A-spec] Audi S4: 346 hp; N2 tyres; 200 ballast
Schwarzwald League B [200 A-spec] Merc SL 500 '04: S3 tyres; NOS; DT/Susp: All

Japanese Hall
Japanese Championship [200 A-spec] ASL Garaiya
All-Japan GT C'ship [200 A-spec] Suzuki GSX R/4
Japanese 80's Festival [200? A-spec] MX5: <Max hp; [Unconfirmed]

Britain
Spitfire Cup [104 A-spec] Spitfire: Stock hp; N1 tyres; 200 ballast

France
206 Cup [200 A-spec] 206 S16: 247 hp; R3 tyres; NA3 induction; R exhaust; Chip; DT/Susp: All
2HP - 2CV [122 A-spec] 2CV: ?; ? oil; N1 tyres; 200 ballast
Alpine Cup [182 A-spec] Which model Route_66?: N1 tyres; 200 (back) ballast

Germany
A3 Cup [153 A-spec] Audi A3: New; New oil; N1 tyres
1 Series Trophy [176 A-spec] 120i: No?; No? oil; N1? tyres; 200? ballast
Group "M" [150+ A-spec] M Coupe: + hp; DT/Susp: All
SL Challenge [200 A-spec] SL 500 (R129) '98 : New; No oil; S1 tyres
Speedster Trophy [200 A-spec] Speedster: Max hp

Japan
Copen Race [187 A-spec] Copen Active Top: Old oil; N1 tyres; 200 ballast
Midget II Race [152 A-spec] Midet II: Old oil; N1 tyres; 200 ballast
Type-R Meeting [200 A-spec] Accord Euro R
Isuzu Sports [176 A-spec] Isuzu Coupe: Old oil; N1 tyres; 200 ballast
Group "RE" [200 A-spec] '85 RX-7: Used; Old oil; R1 tyres; BRP; WR1; NOS; DT/Susp: All
Roadster Cup [200? A-spec] MX5: <Max hp; [Unconfirmed]
RX-8 Cup [187 A-spec] RX-8: No oil; N1 tyres; 200 ballast
Mirage Cup [152+ A-spec] Cyborg: S3 tyres
Race of Red Emblem [200 A-spec] Skyline 2000 Turbo '84
March Brothers [200 A-spec] Nissan Pao
March Brothers [200 A-spec] Nissan Cube: [Not Suzuka]

Korea
Hyundai Sports Festival [149 A-spec] Tiberon: New; No oil; N1 tyres; [Only some races]

USA
Corvette Festival [200 A-spec] Convertible (C1) '54
Crossfire Trophy [154 A-spec] Crossfire: Min hp; New oil
Shelby Cobra Cup [200 A-spec] Cobra 427
Shelby Cobra Cup [200 A-spec] Series 1

Endurance Hall
El Capitan 200 miles [200 A-spec] '05 Mustang: ~360 hp; S1 tyres
El Capitan 200 miles [200 A-spec] RX7: S2 tyres; R exhaust
El Capitan 200 miles [200 A-spec] Amuse S2000 R1: 295 hp; S2 tyres; NA1 induction; R exhaust; Chip; DT/Susp: All
Grand Valley 300 [179 A-spec] Subaru Touring Car : R1 tyres
Laguna Seca 200 [195 A-spec] M3 GTR: R1 tyres; NA1 induction; Chip
New York Streets 200 miles [200 A-spec] Honda HSC : N1 (start) tyres
Nurburgring 24 Hours [167 A-spec] BMW 320i touring: R1 tyres
Sarthe Circuit I 24 Hours [200 A-spec] R390 GT1: Stock hp; R1 tyres
Sarthe Circuit II 24 Hours [170 A-spec] Nissan R390 GT1: R1/R2 tyres
Sarthe Circuit II 24 Hours [200 A-spec] Nissan R390 GT1: Used; R1 tyres; 200 ballast
Super Speedway 150 [125 A-spec] PS Pescarolo C60: Stock hp
Super Speedway 150 [151 A-spec] R390 GT1: Used; R1 tyres; CRP, NOS; [Wall riding]
Tokyo R246 300 [200 A-spec] BMW 320i Touring Car : R1 tyres; NA2 induction

SC Hall
All [200 A-spec] Dodge RAM 1500: ++ hp

SC Hall Hard
Tsukuba Circuit [200 A-spec] Impreza Spec C GD: Max hp
Tsukuba Circuit [200 A-spec] Lotus 111R: Max hp

Latest summary above. I am probably missing some as there was a lot to get through and some of the entries were missing vital information (such as the race that was being run).

For some series there is well and truely enough info (eg El Capitan enduro) so I won't add any more.

I would love to hear some results for the Professional Classic Car Series. The most I have managed is 7 ('54 Merc) which took about 20 tries before the big block V8s were not there. I tried again yesterday in a '70 Skyline GT-R (thought I would get at least 30) - 3 a-spec points! Of course the series was a walkover. It seems that a really crappy car needs to be used and then just keep entering until there is a chance of winning. The following cars are probably worth a try:
&#9642; Honda S500
&#9642; Nissan Skyline Sport Coupe (BLRA-3)
&#9642; Nissan Skyline 1500 Deluxe (S50D-1)
&#9642; Toyota Sports 800
&#9642; Honda S600
&#9642; Nissan Silvia (CSP311)
&#9642; Honda S800
&#9642; Nissan Bluebird 1600 Deluxe (510)
&#9642; Nissan Skyline 2000GT-B (S54A)
&#9642; Isuzu 117 Coupe
&#9642; Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto
&#9642; Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C1)
&#9642; Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale
&#9642; Toyota Celica 1600GT (TA22)

I raced a 289hp Skyline GTR( I forgot the year, but its an old one, 70's im sure) on "Tsukaba Wet Normal" . See the thing is I use this track for easy money. Averages out to about $105,000 in 3 laps/3.5 minuts. You win 10,000 and sell the Mazdaspeed6 for about $95,000. Anyways, Make sure you buy SuperSoft tires. Its pretty expensive. But I get 200pts for the race everytime.

My original selected cars gave me too few points on many races, but as I aquired cash, I went back to redo some races. I notice that suspension, transmission, clutch, settings, etc, have no effect on points. I normally have the cars fully equipped and focus on lower power worse tires highest weight.

FR Challenge, used 2003 MX-5 Miata w/ S1 Tires and 80 KG. Race 4 the Miata didn't cut it so I also found the 2003 Mazda RX-8 with S1 Tires and 75 KG did the trick.

4WD Challenge with the used 2000 Audi TT Coupe 1.8T quattro, but only when the Hyundai Clix was in the lineup.

Special Events, Normal, Tsukuba Wet Race using the Mitsubishi Evo VIII MR GSR. Oil change only for power.

Special Events, Hard, Tsukuba Wet Race using the Audi Nuvolari quattro R5 tires at 952 HP

Thats all I have so far. I originally bought the EVO VIII, an S2000, Ford GT, etc, early in the game not thinking about spec points. I have only gone back and redone the FR and 4WD challenges. I still only have 1 point on the MR Challenge from running the Ford GT. I'm currently at 33.9% and 13093 points. So many races to redo!

a few 200 point races that ive won.

beginner hall - truck racing - use the chevorlet truck and dont modify it at all. laguna seca is a challenge (but winnable) all the rest of the races you should win assuming u drive the track on the correct line
BMW manufacturers event - 1 series - use a 120d and dont modify it, u can win all races with 200, if u have no serious offings..

route_66
It was the bought car. The car you win is lighter and gets less A-spec points. I still haven't tested it though, I spent all night watching the election and my girlfriend's over this weekend. I'll get round to it.

no worries I'll keep an eye out for the result

cheers

Moloch - the Alfa Duetto was the best i could do at world classics, about 150pts on N1's (and about 150 line-up changes before i could win!)

Deadboy - Tried the triumph again - 138pts on N1's with 200 ballast in the bought car, 104pts in the prize car with the same settings.

and:
Motegi 8hr - Nissan 240RS road car - bad oil, N1 tires (change to N3 at first pit) - 200pts vs a tuner car lineup (Amuse/Spoon S2000s, trial celica, toms chaser)

Infineon sports car enduro - Nissan R390 GT1 (used) - stock - 200pts vs 4 LMP/Class-C and the Oreca Viper.

route_66
Moloch - the Alfa Duetto was the best i could do at world classics, about 150pts on N1's (and about 150 line-up changes before i could win!)

Deadboy - Tried the triumph again - 138pts on N1's with 200 ballast in the bought car, 104pts in the prize car with the same settings.

and:
Motegi 8hr - Nissan 240RS road car - bad oil, N1 tires (change to N3 at first pit) - 200pts vs a tuner car lineup (Amuse/Spoon S2000s, trial celica, toms chaser)

Infineon sports car enduro - Nissan R390 GT1 (used) - stock - 200pts vs 4 LMP/Class-C and the Oreca Viper.

sorry to be a pain, but how many miles you got with the triumph ?

I will retry this race tonight, once I get home

laters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back