200pt A-spec races

• Thread starter route_66
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I've seen quite a few people trying to maximise A-spec points in their games, and having a lot of trouble getting those maximum 200 pts per race and being able to win.

Famine and a couple of other other people have posted HOW the a-spec points are calculated and what affects them but not any ideas for races where you will get 200pts

So I thought this thread could be the place to post those races where you have been offered AND WON 200 pts (I know you can get offered 200pts for running a fiat 500 against LMP's but you can't win them, so no mucking about please)

Some of my examples (and these ones at the start don't need to be posted again please):-

Opel Speedster race and Peugeot Cup race can both attain 200ots and still win
The Dodge Ram can get 200pts for a lot of races (but this is a bit cheap)

Ginetta G4 vs MR Challenge
Suzuki GSX R/4 vs All Japan GT Cup (JGTC)
ASL Garaiya vs Japan Championship

I'll Post more as I work them out, I've forgotten a lot of the cars I used.

Also if there are any races where you CAN'T get 200pts no mater what settings you use, then please post them here too.

Some examples:-

Daihatsu Copen Cup - Copen Active top, max ballast, no oil, N1 tires (187pts max)
Daihatsu Midget cup - Midet II, max ballast, no oil, N1 tires (152pts max)
Isuzu Cup - Isuzu Coupe, max ballast no oil, N1 tires (176pts max)

Hope you other Max A-Spec nutters find this useful and hey maybe if we get 100000+ pts we'll unlock something nice - though i'm not getting my hopes up yet.........

EDIT:
Since the quest is pretty much finished for me and this thread is now huge (thanks for all the help guys) I'll put a couple of links in this post to summarise everything:

First - here are all the 200pt races I did Link updated 13/07/05, all my races to date:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1646593&postcount=260
And here's Moloch's Summary of all the suggestion by everyone else so far....
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1639209&postcount=231

UPDATE 10/01/06
For those still looking, a couple more links:
First - Fizio's spreadsheet summary of all the listed 200 pt races
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1918189&postcount=999

And for the slightly more hardcore, WildCobra's excellent (if a little nuts) work on the stats of which car for which race:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1910374#post1910374

Hope this makes life easier!

great idea Route ...

I'll summarize some of the info from my earlier post here on the new thread and some other info as well.

1) A-spec points earned in Arcade mode do not add to your A-spec total in GT mode.

2) Max theoretical total = 113,100 A-spec points (but probably less)

3) A-spec points DO NOT go above 200 per race - except for Driving Missions (they are 250 A-spec points per race)

4) A-spec points for family cup and City track races count for 200 A-spec points TOTAL in the game.

5) Races where it is (so far) impossible to get 200 A-spec points:

a) Audi A3 manufacturers race (using worst tires but w/ clean oil, low mileage car) = 153 A-spec points (and won) - no info yet on dirty oil effect on A-spec points, but expect points to go up.

b) Chysler Crossfire manufacturers race (worst possible but with clean oil) = 154 A-spec points (and won) - no info yet on A-spec points using dirty oil

c) BMW 1 Series Trophy (manufacturers race) = 176 A-spec points (and won). Note that the A-spec points will change depending on the make up of the field even though there are only two types of car. Max A-spec earned using the i-model and having 4 d-model BMW's in the field. Unknown if its possible to get 5 d-model BMW's in the field, if so, A-spec points will probably go up to 184.

6) Races where it is known to be possible to get 200 A-spec points:

a) every dirt/snow track
b) every beginners cup race
c) The Shelby series cup

more Monday if I get a chance to review my records.

Dont forget about Driving Missions. There's plenty of A-spec points to pick up there. Not only that, Driving Missions offer more advance techniques than the licenses because there are 5 comps to overtake during the 3 lap race, so to say its not only a time trial. Therefore, I think doing these missions will help to maximise A-spec points come race time.

All five Speedster Cup races are 200 a-spec points a piece in a stock Speedster NA or Turbo. By stock I mean oil change and nothing else.

And if someone says they won one of these races, I'll need to see a video and some kind of proof their car was stock. I couldn't even catch up to the fifth place car with a stock Speedster Turbo! :ouch: IMHO, these five races, especially Infineon and Seattle, are some of the most challenging in the game.

Also, thanks for starting this thread. I like racing, not blowing by the AI cars before the first turn and winning by a mile, not, as Old Geezer so aptly puts it, bringing a gun to a knife fight. So, I'm beginning to pay attention to a-spec points as a means for keeping the race competitive, and, if folks respond and post, this thread may help me to do this more efficiently.

VW Lupo - Beginner FF cup. I didnt win the 200pts offered, but if it was actually driven properly i reckon it could win ( i went off the track - twice. Oops). Im not wasting time here - I think that someone with more skill than me should run it. I'd only had the game for just 3 days at the time, and around Suzuka I was keeping up with the opposition (i.e 3/4/5th). When i am re-united with GT4, I hope to do it.

otherwise a stock Mazda Kusabi with 200kg gets you 150-odd everytime.

Great topic!!!

Old Man: Speedster races get you 198 to 200 points with all upgrades. If you get 198, then just add a bit of weight to get those magic 200.

Hi everyone.

Finally, at the end, what are A-spec points used to ?

For me this is just some way to check that there will be a challenge in the race I choose, 'cause most of time it is possible to enter a race with a car that has 200+ bhp than opponents. But there is no fun doing so.

So is, this topic is great for me, offering shortcut to find races and cars settings to get more challenge, thanks.

Difficulet races incoming, good thing !

[FR]Mad
Hi everyone.

Finally, at the end, what are A-spec points used to ?

For me this is just some way to check that there will be a challenge in the race I choose, 'cause most of time it is possible to enter a race with a car that has 200+ bhp than opponents. But there is no fun doing so.

So is, this topic is great for me, offering shortcut to find races and cars settings to get more challenge, thanks.

Difficulet races incoming, good thing !

I have raced in a race worth 1 A-Spec point and got my arse handed to me so there is not much truth in all that.

eastley
I have raced in a race worth 1 A-Spec point and got my arse handed to me so there is not much truth in all that.

Sorry, my english is a bit poor. Did you mean that even when you enter a race with only 1 A Spec pt offered, you can get challenge ? If so, I agree, of course. There are some like that, yes ;)

But in most cases, challenge will be very high, systematicly, with these 200 pts race, and very often low, very low, for 1 pt race, no ?

[FR]Mad
Sorry, my english is a bit poor. Did you mean that even when you enter a race with only 1 A Spec pt offered, you can get challenge ? If so, I agree, of course. There are some like that, yes ;)

But in most cases, challenge will be very high, systematicly, with these 200 pts race, and very often low, very low, for 1 pt race, no ?

I meant I have entered races where 1 point has been offered and been beat by about 20 seconds.

i think that the opel speedster trophy is a bug because if you look at a preview you can see that the cars are 384 ps :crazy: the most i can get is 344 :ill:
(bad english)

eastley

A-Spec points are a waste of time, just now I tried a 10pt race I couldn't get anywhere near the first place car and he went off into the distance on the long straights.

I came back with upgrades and the opponents had changed it was now a 48pt race which I won without too much trouble.

I got a speedster turbo for the speedster cup did it up a bit with a turbo and mucked around with suspension etc. All the races were still 200 point races. Im confused here because I thought that aspec points were based on power to weight ratios. Even though I have made my opel more lightweight and more power, the aspec points didnt change. Does anyone have a possible explanation??? :scared: I got through the championship reasonably easy. It is one of the few events in gt4 that is actually competitive!

Points are based on power to weight ratio of your car compared to opposition.

Speedster cup gives you 197-199 points fo full tuned speedster turbo and quite interesting race. I think that ordinary speedster can be tuned to a bit more HP than speedster turbo. Races become easier to win if you put a wing on your speedster and set downforce to the max (30/30). You'll receive about 150pts. I tried that a bit today. The main problem (not a glitch) in speedster cup is, that all opponent cars are fully tuned, so you'll get 200 points and won't be able to win unless you tune your speedster to the max (or very close ;) ).

And some of my contribution for 200pts races:
Sunday Cup, I used used (:D) Yaris with 70HP, FF, stock everything but semi-racing suspension. All I did was add weight to get 200 points (depending on race I added 100-200 approximatelly). Or I used N1 tyres and only a small amount of weight penalty. Just restart the race and add weight if you don't get 200 points. Oh and Nitro can help you a bit on some races or if you can't stay on road all the time.

I used more or less same settings (only sport tyres) and same car for FF cup.

And I used MX5 with 120HP and added racing chip and racing muffler and exhaust and semi-racing suspension on FR cup. Some of these races were quite hard, but still I managed to win 'em all.

So if that helps to anyone... You're welcome ;).

i got 200 points in like the wind using a fully modified supra :)
got destroyed at the start but had caught them by the time i got around the first banked turn :)

Ax Battler
A-Spec points are a waste of time, just now I tried a 10pt race I couldn't get anywhere near the first place car and he went off into the distance on the long straights.

I came back with upgrades and the opponents had changed it was now a 48pt race which I won without too much trouble.

Not certain but I think it was addressed in the other post....power to weight ratio of the car has a lot to do with how many a-spec points you can get in a race.

well, from other boards and discussions with friends, everyone I know around has had 200pts offered for the Speedster Races.

I don't know how to check, to be sure other cars are fully boosted or not, if so, why would they be when in all other races, opponents always seem to have regular (un-modified) cars ?

And about A Spec points in general, except for defining the difficulty of the race, I also think it's just some waste, worthless thing in the game ;)

Okay, glad people are liking this thread, another that can't achieve 200pts:-

Saleen S7 challenge: 160pts on N2's with 200 ballast (it's 191 on N1's but the Saleens really don't like those tires. Anyone who can win on N1's here is going to be pretty flippin fast)

Other 200pt Races -
Type R Challenge - Accord Euro R (as long as you race at least one NSX)
Micra/March brothers - Nissan Pao (bad oil, N1 tires)
Race of Red Emblem - Skyline 2000 turbo '84 (I think...was a few days since i did this one.)

In general applying the Necessary disadvantages (Weight, N1/N2 tires, Lack of power) can make it VERY hard to win, but the handling mods (suspension, brake controller, LSD) can make a big difference balance it out. Try not to use Wings and Increased downforce (lowers A-Spec points)

It's easy to beat these races on twisty courses where handling matters more than power (and also where the AI is most rubbish - at El Capitan the AI seems incapable of driving well) but On courses with long straights and high speeds NOS makes a big difference (and doesn't seem to me to be unfair in these situations)

Good posts guys, keep em coming.

I've found that a slightly tuned Jaguar S-Type R can get 200 A-Spec points in the British GT Series in the European Event Hall and still be competitive. :)

[FR]mad: other cars are not allways stock. They are also upgraded sometimes ...

for others: thank you for info.

I went on in beginner league with:
4wd challenge, with celica GT4, 185 model. depending on races, I used sport or n1 tyres, and some weight.
I tried to use 95 daihatsu move with 55HP in lightweight race but can't get to 200 points (very close though). So finally I used ~30HP honda life van, tuned with racing muffler and exhaust and racing chip. Added some weight for some races. Vas quite hard, took me some retries.
Also in spider championship I used same MX5 as in FR, just with added much less weight. Also quite hard races.
And the hardest for me so far - MR championship with 1985 MR2, slightly tuned (racing muffler and chip). NSX is a very very hard car to beat. But somehow I have won 'em all.

Regarding the Speedster Cup and Peugot 206 cup - the AI cars have MORE power than you can get even with full tuning (watch the start of the preview - I've seen Speedster Turbos listed as over 400hp on occasion) so that's why you get still 200pts even with the lowest PWR you can get.

Another 200pts race - Subaru Legacy B4 Blitzen at Boxer Spirit (make sure the yellow bird is in the line-up but isn't starting in pole or it'll be gone before you get past the rest)

The Mercedes CLK-GTR at GT world championship got me 150+ on R1 tires and I did win. Will try the BMW Mclaren and Ford GT-LM spec II next - it's been alleged that it can be done in these cars and I should get 200pts for these......I'll be back when i've won it!

Good! Another awesome thread! 👍

I found a really fun 200 A-spec race is in the British GT race series in the European Hall. For a fun handling car you can take a Lotus Elise 190 with fresh oil, sticky tyres, exhaust and chip. That combo will always give you 200 points but as it was stated previously, on the courses that aren't that twisty, then is it going to be really hard. I haven't been able beat the Fuji race without adding either a turbo (180 points) or stage 2 NA Tuning (186 points), IIRC. As I don't use NOS, others may be able to do it with the aforementioned combo for the full 200. Maybe I just suck as a driver. :yuck:

What I want to know is if there's a way to get 90+ points in races where there are LM prototypes racing. :dopey:

Keep the challenging races comin'! :scared:

Easy 200 point races are the 3 races in extreme at the test track.
Like The Wind. Use the Cadillac Cien with stage 2 NA upgrade approx 900 hp and use normal road tires. Set the Down force to the MInimum. The gears on my car were set very wide and in the draft I topped 425 kmh.
This will be down about 4 secs at the start and by drafting you be in the lead by the 2nd straight. Went on to win by a large margin.
The Test Track in the first championship also gives 200 points for same car.
The Test track in the Dream car championship is is easy for 200 points.
Use the VW that is the prize for Like the wind.
Fit the normal road tire and reduce rear downforce to min.
This car is good for 272 in the draft and about 262 without that is enough to easily win the race for 200 points.

nismofreak
Good! Another awesome thread! 👍

Glad you like it!

nismofreak
What I want to know is if there's a way to get 90+ points in races where there are LM prototypes racing. :dopey:

Try using either the Nissan R390 GT1 stock (Hard) or the Mercedes CLK-GTR stock (Very Hard, but it can be done), only changing tires to R1/R2's and then reentering the event until you get the hardest line-up possible (all LMP/Class-C) then you'll get 160+ pts and you CAN WIN! a bit of weight/bit less downforce and 200 should be doable. This works for the GTWC, For GT Allstars it's more difficult, as the field varies from LMP down to JGTC, so 200pts and the win is going to be difficult. As I said earlier, other people have suggested it would be possible to win both these events with the Mclaren F1 or the Ford GT LM so i'll be trying that out (I don't think anyone's done it in either car yet, so there's a challenge in itself!)

Great, I have been waiting for a thread like this to start up:
Professional Hall - Supercar Festival: BMW M5 [all suspension and drivetrain mods] 188 points (a bit of ballast would knock it up) at Midfield - this did require the leading Elise to spin out on the last lap and I don't think I could have beaten the Cien with additional weight.

I got 200 points in the Special Conditions hall Tsukuba Wet Hard using a fully maxed out Impreza Spec C GD. I was against the Minolta 88Vc and won by 4 seconds... I also managed to get one penalty on the first corner by nudging his back end!!

He'll do you on the straights but the scoobie can carry much more speed thru the corners and is much less twitchy!!

C.

yeti
I got 200 points in the Special Conditions hall Tsukuba Wet Hard using a fully maxed out Impreza Spec C GD. I was against the Minolta 88Vc and won by 4 seconds... I also managed to get one penalty on the first corner by nudging his back end!!

He'll do you on the straights but the scoobie can carry much more speed thru the corners and is much less twitchy!!

C.
I managed to do that one and get 200 pts in a fully tuned Lotus 111R. Full downforce is essential though.

Buy a Ram Laramie Hemi Quad Cab and add the following upgrades:

Sports Exhaust
Racing Chip
Full Customized Transmission
Sports Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Stage 1 weight reduction

With this truck and these mods. I have been able to get 200 pts in every race I have entered in the Beginners Hall and have been able to crush all competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back