200pt A-spec races

• Thread starter route_66
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, finally after countless SEOUL attempts managed to put Camaro races behind me. After adding 9000 miles or so on N1/N3.

El Cap and Midfield conquered in Oct 2 with 200 weight, NOS 40.
Reread notes and lowered weight to 173 for Seoul. 200 pts no go
N2/N3 + 200W for 180 points is all I could manage.

Seoul was a different matter.
Tried again today (NOS 50/70) for an hour or so and managed to get the elusive 20 points.
Lineup (start / finish)
1 3 IROC
2 2 Z28 coupe 97
3 6 SS 00
4 4 SS 69
5 5 Z28 302 69
and me
Twice I had to resort to wallriding at the bottom of the track (lap 1 & 2) and sometimes using the AI at the top of the track (mini-map) to negotiate bends. Not a very nice sight 👎
Wallriding is tricky as you may end up doing a 180 degree spin.
With a bit of luck you'll move in to 3rd on the 1st wallride.

By blocking in the final part of the straight I managed to keep the IROC and the Z28 behind me. MoV 0.239s

Installed (as I do in all cars) TR clutch, RC flywheel, FC tranny (default) RC susp 10.8/9.6 height 105/105 + Carbon Shaft.
Don't read too much in to these settings though.

The Z28 was in 3rd but managed to scrape by the other IROC by 0.004 secs or so for 2nd.

Still to finish Saleen and Crossfire for USA.

AMG.

Done with Infineon today for 200 with CLK-GTR again...

1000 points more to go...

1. 24h LeSarth II
  2. 24h Nurburgring
  3. 8h Montegi
  4. 9h Tsukuba
  5. 4h Roadster

69 h left!!!

...1000 points more to go...
Legend effort - the only one that might cause you some bother is the 4 hr roadster but as you have managed all the other hard ones I expect you will join the very exclusive 111813 club soon (are there more than 3 members?) - well done :bowdown: :cheers:.

I was wondering when someone else would manage it - it has been a long time.

I'm curently running 24h LeSarth II... 3h passed, already 2 laps ahead :yuck:

Thanks for the info on Tsukuba but I think I'll try Lotus Elise 111R on that one if it can do 200 pts... I simply love that car... CRXnut did it in Elise but I don't know witch one...

I know that 4h Roadster is major PITA... I'll leave it for the end... so the satisfaction when I complete it will be even greater...

👍 👍 News Flash: Nissan Skyline Sports Coupe (BLRA-3) kicks serious butt at European 1000 Miles Nurburgring for a stinking 200 A-spec points in 4:05.03. The second place Ginetta finished a scant 3.9 seconds behind me.

I knew for certainty that the 320,000 credit Skyline had the legs to win. Whether I had the patience was another thing. I had to run several partial races to see weaknesses in the competition. I couldn't stand the idea of having to block constantly for four hours. I find it hard to drive forward and constantly look in the mirror. Plus, I wanted to use my own strategy and not follow what was already done.

Brilliant comments: 💡 My strategy was to compete against the Ginetta G4 and Mini Marcos because they allowed me to have more HP against the other cars. Although the Ginetta has a top speed of 126 MPH, it's easy to spin out and it also frequently spins out on it's own when the tires go bad. The Mini Marcos is fast, but doesn't handle all that well. I actually did some partial races where the Ginetta got left way, way behind due to bad tires caused by battling with other cars.

My car: The brick-like Nissan Skyline Sports Coupe (BLRA-3) putting out 104 HP with 200 ballast. It would seem to be a dog, but it handles decently on N1s and is an immovable object when it comes to push and shove. I totally gutted my vehicle to make it as light as possible. I give up some HP that way but tire wear is better. I raised it high for grass cutting and believe me I needed to cut grass any chance I got. I used a fairly soft suspension also.

The competition in starting order:
Isuzu Bellett 1600 GT-R...(finished 5th)
Nissan Silvia (SCP311)...(finished 6th)
Mini Marcos GT...(finished 3rd)
Ginetta G4...(finished 2nd)
Toyota Sports 800...(finished 4th)

The race: At the start I used nitrous and knocked everything out of the way to get to first place. Whenever the Ginetta caught up I would sometimes let him push me so I could get more speed (the Ginetta was 20 MPH faster than my Skyline and the Mini Marcos nearly as fast as the Ginetta) At other times I would spin him out to wear his tires faster, get myself a bigger lead or make him get in the way of the Mini Marcos. The other cars didn't factor in at all. I shot my nitrous wad about six laps into the race because I stupidly let the Ginetta pass me on the back straight and had to use up most to overtake it.:banghead: :mad:

During most of the race I stayed about 15 seconds ahead but the Ginetta would sometimes catch me on the ends of straights. At one point late in the race I had a huge 1 minute and 7 seconds lead due to competitor pit stops. I only needed two pit stops on laps 11 (Fuel/N1/N2) and 20 (Fuel/N1/N2). I could have gone further, but I needed to pit when I could get enough of a lead to pit and get out before those suckers passed me. On the last few laps the Ginetta had changed tires and was closing the gap very quickly but fell short of catching me.:scared:

Conclusion: I won, dagnabit. :cheers: Although I occasionally had to block it wasn't a constant thing. I had to drive hard all the time and grass cut to keep a decent lead so I could feel like I was in control. I only gained 33 points winning this race since I already had 167 points. I felt the need to prove I could win this stupid race using my own strategy. Sarthe is the last 1000 Miles race to do at 200 and I know it's easier because I've tested it using the Skyline for a number of laps and I can easily wear out the Ginetta tires quickly and leave it well behind using grass cutting. More power to the Skyline and to me.:bowdown: :lol: :lol:

I'm curently running 24h LeSarth II... 3h passed, already 2 laps ahead :yuck:

Thanks for the info on Tsukuba but I think I'll try Lotus Elise 111R on that one if it can do 200 pts... I simply love that car... CRXnut did it in Elise but I don't know witch one...

Well you'll definitely make it to max 👍 , but I already suspected that a while back when you were showing 10x813.

* goes in to jealous mood :mad: *

nah j/k :)

CRXnut mentioned the Base model so I suspect its the Elise, all the other elises have extensions to their name like 72, 111, Sport etc.

Question:
Crossfire Motegi Oval, I can get past the others with 100 weight for 172 points, just. Do you guys draft as much as possible the other cars through both corners or do you wall ride. Ive tried both or a combination of both but those 10 remaining points ......
Even increasing weight from 100 to 150 for 177 points is a no go, with luck can get to 2nd place but 2 secs behind.

Ive played around with camber from default to 3 to 4 to even 12 :scared: but no significant difference, went back to default.

On the other hand Trail Mountain was easy for 182.
Seattle I find most difficult.

* offtopic *
Xmas is coming soon, Fizio will be done by then so he wont need all his skills so much anymore. How about we ask him to share some, he's got plenty ;)

leave it well behind using grass cutting.
Well done SirB, 👍 me impressed.
Other than the running accross the sand just after the S/F straight towards the big Dunlop(?) tyre and the section just before the S/F line are there other sections you can do that?

AMG.

Yep, as I said in the report:
Base model, Race exhaust, Sport chip, NA Stage 1, 10kgs ballast.
I think this upgrade pretty much matches stock 111S model so that might be an option. I think 111R would need too much ballast weight.
You have to drive pretty good laps for 9 hours but that should be no problem for a driver of your caliber :-)

Thanks for the info on Tsukuba but I think I'll try Lotus Elise 111R on that one if it can do 200 pts... I simply love that car... CRXnut did it in Elise but I don't know which one...

From Stock Car Race Comparison/Challenge thread:-

Endurance races: Tsukuba 9h
Car: Nissan Silvia 240RS '83 / FR / 236HP / 970kg / 4.1kg/HP / 200 A-spec by route_66
Car: Honda S2000 '01 (Used, no oil, S1 tyres) / FR / 220HP / 1240kg / 5.6kg/HP / 200 A-spec by Smallhorses
Car: Lotus Elise 111S '03 / MR / 162HP / 806kg / 5.0kg/HP / 200 A-spec by Moloch_horridus

These are the 3 stock entries so far, so it seems CRXnut is right in his assessment that the tuning he performed on the base Elise puts it on a par with the Elise 111S '03 which Moloch_horridus used for his stock submission.

If you can manage to win this race in a stock (unmodified except for oil change and tyres changed to S1 if necessary) car, then we'd love to have you submit in that thread too Fizio, and your race and name will make it to the Club 200 list! 👍 Can we tempt you? :mischievous:

Not sure if this one is up somewhere but...
Lightweight K Cup
Fiat 500 R - NOS, new oil SR muffler, NA stage 1
for all 3 races

200-point Racers, Rejoice - Jordan has granted us the forum. As soon as a moderator creates the thread, I guess it'll move over there.

That's great news... Although I'm almost finished it'll be great help for new 200pts race seeking members...👍 👍 👍

@Smallhorses: You can try... I'll see what I can do...Maybe I'll try something at Montegi... Too bad ballast is not an option...since it's not quite modifying. Lets say 80kg can be a driver weight and 200 kg could be fat driver weight...:) :) :)

FORUM!!!!! 👍 👍 👍
Holy shoot, Wow, i was about to give up, I'll be back!!!
AMG

Well done SirB, 👍 me impressed.
Other than the running accross the sand just after the S/F straight towards the big Dunlop(?) tyre and the section just before the S/F line are there other sections you can do that?

AMG.

Not that I'm aware of. There is a bit of a grass cut near the back of the course where there is a sweeping right hander and a short left turn leading towards the pit straight. You can cut that grass section and just skim the red and white curb for a tenth of a second or so. Good if your tires are just about shot.

Hey, I found five races in Beginner Events, MR series I missed, I was able to score 1,000 more points using a Toyota MR-1600 GT. Nice freebie, woohoo!. I better keep looking for more.

A question before we all move! 👍 👍
I've been maxing out the Chrysler Crossfire to run on N1 tyres. I can achieve 182 points at Trial Mountain but getting 182 at Motegi Super Speedway seems impossible for me. The handling is too poor and wall riding doen't seem to help. I have played around with suspension, camber, tranny etc but again no luck.
Can anybody help with set ups, suspension settings etc. It has been achieved but I don't know how!!!
Thanks.
nige

Lets say 80kg can be a driver weight and 200 kg could be fat driver weight...:) :) :)

Oh man, I cant stop laughing at this one. 👍
How about 100 for the driver 60 for the girlfriend and 40 for the waterbottles, chips, sandwiches weekend luggage etc

Sorry Couldn't resist ;)

*back on topic*
Not sure if this one is up somewhere but...
Lightweight K Cup
Fiat 500 R - NOS, new oil SR muffler, NA stage 1
for all 3 races

I dont think it is. I used the Midget and that may well have been the 'listed' one.
Welcome to our obsession Raz, good to see 'new' blood!

AMG.

How about 100 for the driver 60 for the girlfriend and 40 for the waterbottles, chips, sandwiches weekend luggage etc

Sorry Couldn't resist ;)

Excuse me - How much for the Mother in Law? - 200 for mine at least!
Good job she's not into GT!

... but getting 182 at Motegi Super Speedway seems impossible for me. It has been achieved but I don't know how!!!

This one is hard one... Major PITA class...:) :)
You'll need a little bit of luck for this one. As I remember right you should try messing with gearing and try for nitro at 100 to get ahead sooner, before they get avay too much... you can try not to wallride on bigger turn ... how about opponent riding ...

I can't see my settings now cause I'm in the 24h race...

This one is hard one... Major PITA class...:) :)
You'll need a little bit of luck for this one. As I remember right you should try messing with gearing and try for nitro at 100 to get ahead sooner, before they get avay too much... you can try not to wallride on bigger turn ... how about opponent riding ...

I can't see my settings now cause I'm in the 24h race...

Chrysler Crossfire races

Fizio - Thanks for that. 👍
Using max nitro enables you to just about get on terms with the first place car but by lap 3 it's all gone and you are stuffed. I've tried riding on the back so to speak, but the handling is so bad that you can't maintain it in the corners. :ouch:
Wallriding doesn't work because the extra distance covered completely obliterates any potential advantages! :crazy:
About the handling - I've lots of different set ups but whatever I do the car goes STRAIGHT ON or NEARLY STRAIGHT ON in the corners. Is there a set up to loosen the handling somewhat?
nige

Sorry Couldn't resist ;)

*back on topic*

I dont think it is. I used the Midget and that may well have been the 'listed' one.
Welcome to our obsession Raz, good to see 'new' blood!

AMG.

Thanks...:cheers:

another find (@ least for me :sly: )

Japanese Hall
Japanese Compact Car Cup :
Honda S800 - Rclutch, R Fly wheel, Carbon shaft, S2 tires, 60 balast...all races
Same hp as the Suzuki Cappuchino but you don't have to change to N1-2 tires or higher Ballast.
I believe this will also work for the
World Compact Car Race : Suzuki cappuccino (N3)

Question for you guys?
I see you guys used this car for this race:
World Classic Car Series : VW Karmann Ghia (N2/N3, NA stage 1) – 200

Now what line up did you guys used?
I get blown away (427, buick, toyota 2000, even the Ginetta) and if I get a decent line up I only get 100-120 points

Question for you guys?
I see you guys used this car for this race:
World Classic Car Series : VW Karmann Ghia (N2/N3, NA stage 1) – 200

Now what line up did you guys used?
I get blown away (427, buick, toyota 2000, even the Ginetta) and if I get a decent line up I only get 100-120 points

The lineups you get in classics depend on the car you chose to use.
Getting the right lineup is going to be a major 'reset' exercise. You may be resetting up to 30-40 times to find a winnable race for 200 pts.
There's no fixed answer to this one. Pick a car and cycle thru. Avoid the rabbits (e.g. 427) and the snails (2CV Fiat 500) as neither will help in getting max points. Grab the 100-120 points and then find a 'better' lineup.

AMG.

Hi ya'll, first time doing this here. I've been workin' on maxin' out these a-spec points for quite a while now. I'm just returning to GT4 after about a 6+ month absence from the PS2. Right now, I am at 99,425 points. But the problem is, is after that long absence, I beleive I've lost my touch at this game. I can't win crap. The latest races I have finished are, 4 of the Saleen S7 races. The first race there, Sarthe I, I got back before that long break from the PS2. I also got the Mini races all done for 200 each, along with the NR-A RX-8 Cup races. Here is a list of what I have left to do:

1,000 Miles!- need 2 races, the 'ring and sarthe.

Roadster Endurance
Nurburgring 24hr.
Sarthe I
Sarthe II

Crossfire Meeting
MG Festival
Lotus Classics
Spitfire Cup
2hp-2CV Classics
Megane Cup
Renault Alpine Cup
A3 Cup
1 Series Trophy
GTi Cup
Hyundai Sports Festival
Copen Race
Midget II Race
Isuzu Sports Classic
Subaru 360 Race
Suzuki K-Car Cup
Suzuki Concepts

Now I know what I need to do for these non 200 pt. races, rack up mileage to burn oil to get the max points. And, I already have cars lined out for Nurb. 24hr., and both Sarthe races, I just wanna save those 3 for last. Now, my main point in finally posting is, that stupid roadster endurance, and those 2 stupid races in the 1000 miles group. I have read about what to use for each of those 3, and I've tried them out with no luck at all. I haven't touched the 1000 miles races in a long time. But here lately, I have been at that roadster endurance, and I don't see how ya'll did it. I know I'm not perfect at this game, but I am pretty damn good at it, all golds easily, and even one of the best times I've ever seen on mission 34, etc. etc. I guess what I'm asking is, for setups on this stupid miata race, I mean everything setup wise, and parts wise. Possibly even lap times, starting out on the N1's, where ya'll are running when the opponents pit, and then when ya switch to the N3's, what are ya'lls lap times then. Here's my experience with it so far....
I'm using the '89 Miata from the historic showroom, it had right at 60,000 miles when i got it. I haven't changed the oil, so it's nice 'n' filthy right now. I have everything needed on the car for 200 pts., which I get offered with several different lineups. First lineup I tried:

'97 SR-Limited (J)
'93 J-Limited II (J)
'98 1.8 RS (J)
'00 1800 RS (J)
'95 S-Special Type I (J)
then me in the '89 Miata

oh, I might add that at the time I tried this I had ran the mileage up to about 66,2xx miles. Ok, now, I start on N1's front, N3's rear, ballast is around 175 I think, ASM and TCS or all off, I lowered the ride height all the way, 92 I think, lowered the spring rate all the way, nitrous is at 100, no engine mods, hp shows 108 at that parts/settings screen, tranny is set to 1, then final gear at 5.00. First of all, I get dusted with these N1's, I can't even stay in the ballpark. I ran around 16 really honest good laps, I was about 40 seconds behind, pathetic. Back outta the race to just mess around, see if I just suck or what, and this is what really pisses me off bout this race. I started over, ran the first lap, nitrous held down most of the time i was way ahead of the 2nd place car comin onto that straight there before the pit lane, well i decided to pit then, and change to N3's.....lmao unbeleivable, get the new tires, hit the next time trap, and I'm 30 seconds behind, understandable, I hit the next one, I'm at 29.7xx, next one, 29.5xx, I keep knockin off about .300 at every trap, for about 4 laps, then all of a sudden, he starts pullin away again, and by lap 12 he's back up to where he was, and then some, I kept goin', just to see, lap 15 he's pulled to 37 seconds. Do I suck this bad on these stupid tires? Is it just me? It makes me want to take a sledgehammer to something. Anyways, my best lap without the spray was low 1:14's, is this even close to where I need to be? I'm lookin' for any help. I'ma keep practicing, maybe even burn some oil, though I don't think it's gonna do any good. But any setups, lap times, strategies, suggestions, comments, or whatever would be greatly appreciated. Sorry to rant though, sometimes one just needs to vent. Thanks in advance.

.....But here lately, I have been at that roadster endurance, and I don't see how ya'll did it....

Post 1508
This could well be the most difficult 200 point race - somehow you have to take the slowest MX5, add 200 kg and put some crappy tyres on. Then you have to somehow get into the lead (using NOS) and stay there for about 34 laps (when the fast one pits). You can then add some decent tyres which should allow you to stay in the lead a bit more easily.
This is almost impossible. I think you will have to find a lineup where the two fast MX5s are in 4th and 5th spot to start and then drive a perfect race for 4 hours. I find it almost impossible to block successfully at Tsukuba and had to settle for 153 points (in a race that did not include the two fast Miatas (1800 RS (NB,J), 1.8 RS (NB,J)) which was fairly easy.
If you go for the 200 be prepared for a few restarts and lots of frustration.

Welcome back bttlefed to the 200 quest. :)
To my knowledge there are only 3 people so far that have made it. All 3 have since then left this neck of the woods.
Our best chance to get this answered is Fizio. He's kept this race for last and I am counting on him to win it for 200. 👍

May I humby ask all of you to start using the new threads in this subforum to post your information / question.
It defeats the purpose of this forum if we continue to use this thread to post queries.

Thx guys.

AMG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back