The Old GT4 Drift Settings Depot - Permanently Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
here are some settings for 96 Nissan silvia k's areo (S14)

Power:226 or werever you like it.

sports chip
oil change
racing exaust
full custom tranny
all the weight and chassie options
triple plate clutch
racing flywheel
carbon drieshaft
n2 tires
racing brakes
brake ballnce controller

here's the settings:
spring rate:F 6.7 r 7.7
ride height:F 97 R 97
bound:F 10 R 6
rebound:same
camber:F 1.5 R 2.5
toe R 1
stablizers: F 2 R 1
aids: understeer 10
brake ballance: F 10 R 15

commets:
well I find this being intermedate find this perfect for new drifts and good enough for the pro's I say. you can modify to the ways to like it and the aids is optoinal.it both works great either way. klee (kyle) shiphorst

I'm going to DELETE all requests that have been posted in this thread. Go through the proper channels to request settings. By sending a PM to TankSpanker.

In the future, if anyone sees someone trying to request settings incorrectly. Send me a PM immediately so I can get it out of there. That way, we won't mess up the numbering system for the links on the first page.

Thank you.

BMW 330i (316 Hp)

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Sports Chip
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Lightweight Stage 1
Semi-Racing Suspension
Triple Plate Clutch
Sports Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
Full Customize LSD
N1/N1 Tires

Suspension settings
Spring: F 6.0/ R 5.5
Ride: 98/106
Shocks: 6/5
Camber: 1.5/0.5

FC LSD Settings
Initial: 15
Accel: 35
Decel: 12

Drifts great, long slides, holds very stable, great for anything from Trial Mountain to Mid-Field (loooooooooove this car on midfield, just breaks away smoothly and driiiiiiiifts forever)

Note: I will probably edit in my new settings for the Shelby GT-350R later, found a much better setup.

blue_sharky39
I did. No trace of a '93 Beat in there, I'm afraid.

What he meant was that you should submit your requests in a PM to TankSpanker.

Alright, people... These are just about the most well balanced settings I have created to date... I'm sure you will enjoy them as much as I do...

'98 Sileighty = 283hp

Exhibition Settings

Parts to buy:

Oil Change
Semi racing exhaust
Sports chip
Stage 1 turbo
Racing intercooler
Racing brakes
Original suspension
Full customize transmission
Triple-plate clutch
Racing flywheel
Carbon driveshaft
Full LSD
Stage 3 weight reduction
Tires: N2's
Aids: Off

Settings:

Spring rate: 10.3 - 9.5
Ride height: 92 - 92
Shock Absorbers: 8, 8
Camber angle: 3.0, 1.5
Toe angle: 0 - 0
Stabilizers: 1, 1
Transmission: Auto set 8

LSD initial: 15
LSD Accel: 41
LSD Decel: 14

This is my pride and joy... It's light enough to take gracefully around hairpins, and powerful enough to link huge sweepers... Perfect balance and ease of control combine to make this one mean drift car... You can see it in action in my first GT4 drift video ("Positive Lock")...

Enjoy...

;)

Last edited:
dsvw56
This is what I got the best results out of. Still gotta be gentle with the throttle. This thing loves to spin the tires (Just like its real life counterpart). *OFF TOPIC* Speaking of that, has anyone seen the prices of Supra's lately? Wow are they getting expensive. My friend bought one in 99 and sold it for twice what he paid for it last summer. One in good condition will go for $40,000 easily. It's crazy. *BACK ON TOPIC* So anyways, if anyone one can come up with a better set up than this I'd love to see it, cause I just couldnt find one.
The reason they sell for so much is becuse they stoped importing Supra's to the U.S

Hey what's up guys, my name is Trent, I usually don't post here, I usually come and check out what's new in the GT world. I've recently been playing around with the suspension, limit slip, driving aids, etc. in order to build the ultimate reality experience for each car. As I have progressed as a driver (in the game) I have found that the cars respond, drive and feel more realistic with all the aids off. For some, this may be overwhelming and seemingly impossible. But if you stick with it, you will find the cars handle the and feel the best. Besides, when's the last time a racing car with 700+ hp would have TC?

Anyways, since this is a drift page I assume I should get to the point. In playing with the settings I have come to one certainty: all cars handle different despite outward similarities (Engine/drive placement, weight, power, etc.) When setting your car up for drift I follow these steps, usually not in order, but normally all of them.

1. Turn off TCS and ASM (TCS keeps the wheels from spinning, very important for drifting and ASM helps keep your car from spinning, also essential for drifting.)

One thing to note esp with ASM off is your inability to maintain control from high speed straights into elevated, uneven or sharp turns. I will explain how to counteract this later.

2. Run your car and find its strengths and weeknesses, for drifting i recommend Trial Mountial or Deep Forrest, good elev. and variety of turing radii.

3. Once you have felt your car go back into settings. With certain cars (i.e. Supra), the turbo lag and subsequent explosion of power is not favored for drifting. In the settings menu you can view your Hp and Torque curves. If your curve looks a dramatic porabola, you may be in for a tough time. Try purchasing a smaller turbo kit or lower NA tune. If you lower NA doesn't help, try the supercharger if available. The point is to find a flatter torque and horsepower curve for drivability. For those die-hard horsepower friends, remember, the cars as three saveable settings (A,B,C) courtesy of the makers. I usually set up A for short tracks, B for Drag or Drift, and C for long tracks.

4. Time to get technical. As many of you have done, the scrolling toolbars provide useful info on how each mode and setting effects the car. It seems cheezy, but if you read, you learn a lot about how to make you car perform according to your style. Certain settings are favorable for drifting such as brake bias, camber, tire strength, limit slip, weight transfer, etc.

Brake Bias-As you drive your car, feel its tendency to understeer or oversteer. Some cars have trouble losing the back end at the approach of a turn. Increase the front bias to pitch the front thus producing a "floating" rearend. This will allow the back tires to start their spin.

Camber-This isn't usually that important as long as you set up the rest good, but certain cars can be made or broken from the drift club with this setting. There is no real rule of thumb, but remember, the higher the camber, the less the contact patch their is under most conditions. The lower the contact patch in the back, the easier the spin. Also, the front should a dramatically larger camber, you want these wheels to control the car through the turn.

Tire Stength-This is kinda cheating, so I'll be brief, if your frustrated, select a harder compound for the back......enough said

Limit-Slip-The most important part of this equation. This determines how much the rearend will take before it grips or gives out. Each one determines individual characteristics, and each is very tricky. Experience and trial and error is the key here, but here's a guide.
The initial torque is kinda like how fast the tires wanna break lose under a none straight line situation. This one is important for the cars that are stubborn drifters (ie. SLR, Cobra R). Simply lower to allow the tires to break out at an earlier angle of the turn. Raise it if the car drifts to hard or to early
Deceleration settings is the second most important. Also for hard to drift cars, this allows the back end to swing at the approach of a turn. This goes hand in hand with the break bias. If the brake biased is up, but the decelerations setting is to high, the car will simple lose control not drift.
The acceleration setting is simple the ability of the power of the engine to translate into acceleration, or rubber stripes. Don't worry too much about this. Everything else should pull it into place.

5. Weight Bias-This one is usually never used, but just incase, play with it and find a good balance. I dont have any weight bias on my drift cars, I use it for balancing the short track ones.

Counteracting ASM off
You have undoubtedly experience the bucking bronco ride that the fully tuned Cobra 427 has to offer. Esp with ASM off. I have tried to tame the beast, and have only come close. Here's what to do for it and similar cars.

Make sure you decrease the front brake bias( In the Cobra I have it F-1, R-3), this will stop the float.

Increase the front spings and struts if the brakes dont help. The reason for this float is the front squating too much. Tighten up the front stop this compression from occurring.

Increase the deceleration setting on the limit-slip. This will help you maintain control.

Well, I think that is all I have. Hope you guys benefit from this post, Enjoy.
-Trent

Hey , i know what you're talkin about....I love the Tommy kaira ZZII also....you should try my settings for drifting.I think its the perfect setting for drifting

Racing Exhaust
No Racing Chip
no NA tuning
Sports Medium tires
Nitrus epuipped...max
stage 4 turbo
normal brakes setting
racing suspension
SR:13/10.3
RH:60 front and rear
Shock Bound and rebound 4 in front
Shock Bound and rebound 10 in rear
Camber:2/0
Toe angle:0/-4
Stabilizers:7/1
Ballast:200 ....-50
Driving Aids:ASM:0/10
TCS:0
and also if you have bought a wing....max in front and back
that should do it for ya......your welcome

Isuzu Bellett 1600 GT-R '69
222 HP

Parts:
Racing Exhaust, Sports Chip, Port Polish, Engine Balancing
Stage II Turbo
Brakes, Brake Balance Controller
Racing Supension
Super-Close Transmission. Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Carbon Driveshaft
Weight Reduction Stage I
2-Way LSD
N2 Tires

Settings:
Brake Controller: 5/5

SR 4.0/5.0
RH 129/129
Bound 6/5
Rebound 7/7
Camber 3.5/1.5
Toe: 0/0
Stabilizer 3/1

Driving Aids:
0-20-0

ok, i feel bad about having left this thread in the dark for so long. Just been super busy with things lately - the job, and getting prepared for university.
An update of the first post will be coming this week - although I'm not sure when yet. Maybe wednesday evening.

btw trent - despite being posted in the drift forum, that post of yours could not have been placed in a more innapropriate spot. Not to mention that it is all old news....

Hey, could you guys possibly try to find some settings for the '99 Skyline GT-R V-Spec, I bought a yellow and put some mods on it, and I want to find some settings for it but I can't. I'd appreciate if you sent them to tfird14@yahoo.com or just post them up in the drift settings category thing. Thanks :dopey:

You can do endurance races, I did the Nurburging race that's 24 hours long, and it took me 3 days, and that gives you a formula 1 car where you can finish the professional events, easy, (the last one) and there's other races too in the endurance events but you need to be 25% done with the game to do so. If you're not, go to special condition events, and all the races past the 1st one are all good with money, you get 265,000 Cr. for the toyota RSC rally car. 👍

ok, thread finally updated.

I just wanted to appologize to followers of the thread, and to users who have requested settings over this past month. It's been a busy 4 weeks for me. School, job, and housing related priorities have chewed up much of the spare time I usually use for updating this thread.

Things are more or less sorted out now, so regular thread updates should hopefully resume. I'll see what I can do to chip away at the request list, but I'm going to need some time to reaquaint myself with GT4 - I havent played it in the last month either.

A reminder that this is not a place to post random inquiries....like where to acquire a cobra. It is meant for posting and giving feedback on drift settings, helping others with drift setting related issues, and above all: answering the settings requests or other members (plz people, help me out here!!!)

so, resume.

I'll give you a hand, TS... I can post a few of those requests... I have a number of those cars in a driftable state...

;)

'99 Toyota MR-S // 256HP - 219Ft Lbs/Tq.

Parts:
Stage 3 N/A Tuning, Port & Polish, Engine Balancing, Racing Exhaust, Sports Racing Chip, Racing Brakes, Brake Balance Controller, Racing Suspension, Full Custom Transmission, Triple Plate Clutch, Racing Flywheel, 2-Way LSD, Increase Rigidity, Stage 3 Weight Reduction, Economy Tires (N1)

Settings:
Transmission - Autoset 6 (or whatever you feel comfortable with...)
Brake Balance - 5(F) / 8(R)
Spring Rate - 5.0(F) / 7.5(R)
Ride Height - 110(F) / 110(R)
Shock Bound - 7(F) / 7(R)
Shock Rebound - 4(F) / 4(R)
Camber - 2.5(F) / 1.0(R)
Toe - 0(F) / 0(R)
Stabilizers - 3(F) / 5(R)

All Driver Aids Off

'91 Nissan Skyline GT-R // 405HP - 377Ft Lbs/Tq.

Parts:
Port & Polish, Engine Balancing, Displacement UP, Racing Exhaust, Sports Racing Chip, Racing Brakes, Brake Balance Controller, Racing Suspension, Full Custom Transmission, Triple Plate Clutch, Racing Flywheel, Carbon Driveshaft, Increase Rigidity, Stage 3 Weight Reduction, Economy Tires (N1)

Settings:
Transmission - Autoset 10 (or whatever you feel comfortable with...)
Brake Balance - 5(F) / 9(R)
Spring Rate - 7.5(F) / 9.0(R)
Ride Height - 100(F) / 100(R)
Shock Bound - 5(F) / 5(R)
Shock Rebound - 6(F) / 6(R)
Camber - 2.5(F) / 3.0(R)
Toe - 0(F) / 0(R)
Stabilizers - 1(F) / 1(R)

All Driver Aids Off / No LSD or VCD Controller

'98 BMW M Coupe // 353HP - 283Ft Lbs/Tq.

Parts:
Port & Polish, Engine Balancing, Racing Exhaust, Sports Racing Chip, Racing Brakes, Brake Balance Controller, Racing Suspension, Full Custom Transmission, Triple Plate Clutch, Racing Flywheel, Carbon Driveshaft, 2-Way LSD, Increase Rigidity, Stage 3 Weight Reduction, Comfort Tires (N2)

Settings:
Transmission - Autoset 12 (or whatever you feel comfortable with...)
Brake Balance - 4(F) / 8(R)
Spring Rate - 8.0(F) / 6.5(R)
Ride Height - 94(F) / 94(R)
Shock Bound - 7(F) / 7(R)
Shock Rebound - 5(F) / 5(R)
Camber - 2.5(F) / 0.5(R)
Toe - 0(F) / 0(R)
Stabilizers - 3(F) / 4(R)

All Driver Aids Off

I got settings for the 1996 Nissan 240SX (S14): About 420-435 HP

Parts to buy:
Oil Change
Racing Chip
Racing Exhaust
Stage 4 Turbo
Raicng Intercooler
Racing Suspension
Full Customize Tranny
Triple Plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
2 Way LSD
Either the tires you have or Comfort N2

Suspension:
Spring Rate F 5.4 R 4.8
Ride Height: F 86 R 86
Shock Bound F 7 R 7
Shock Rebound F 7 R 7
Camber Angle F 1.4 R 3.1
E-Mail me at tfird14@yahoo.com if you want to tell me if I tuned any thing wrong on the car :dopey:

Can I please get drift settings for the '92 Mercedes Benz 2.5 16v EVOII Road Car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back