Greycap's Greatest Snapshots - Updated 020608 - Mercedes Benz 300SL-C

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 946 comments
Boost Lee
Really good pictures, the Viper set is amazing.

I might have to borrow a few of your angles. :)
I'm glad you liked my work, feel free to get ideas from here. (then you go and win a PMC with those ideas and I'm out :lol: )

Here's my latest update, some muscle power was needed to this gallery. I don't like how it turned out but maybe someone else likes though ;) as it's almost always like that.

The wing might not suit the car, but it gives downforce and every bit of handling is needed with this piece of steel.

Chevrolet Chevelle 454 SS '70

OK, comments are welcome, good or bad.

ekmatt9, congratulations on being the first person in my gallery that dares to say they don't like some pictures! 👍

The reason to adding the wing was the handling of the car, I thought downforce would help.

P.S. that doesn't mean that I only want negative feedback :P

Nice shots....I would have liked to see a couple shots closer to the car though. Seattle is kind of a pain to get shots that dont seem over used...but thats just my opinion...

vr6gti72
Nice shots....I would have liked to see a couple shots closer to the car though. Seattle is kind of a pain to get shots that dont seem over used...but thats just my opinion...
This was the first and probably the last time that I do photo shooting in Seattle, I didn't even like most of the pictures myself! These were the only ones worth publishing, you can only imagine how bad the rest were... :lol:

The pic with the rails, I never seen that angle, nice found. 👍 But I can't really see the car good because you've got no close-ups...

From the feedback so far I've made a conclusion: I'll take the wing off and shoot the car again on another track... but I still would like to get some more comments for this set. :)

Fine Greycap...:) Those pics are nice...but the car, and the wing don't work for me at all...It's okay, I'll admit it...Not your best work though 👍 Is that better :lol:

ekmatt9
Fine Greycap...:) Those pics are nice...but the car, and the wing don't work for me at all...It's okay, I'll admit it...Not your best work though 👍 Is that better :lol:
If you don't like it, you don't like it. Full stop. That's your opinion and I can live with it. Ever wondered why it reads "Comments are welcome, be they good or bad"? :)

Actually I got the idea for this Chevelle update from the Axle Grease race report (a good one BTW) and I originally planned to do the shooting on Infineon Sports Car Course. Now I see I should have done that... :lol: The reshooting will occur in the Muscle Car Cup as I don't have any group shots so far.

In fact this update was good for my gallery: now I know what I shouldn't do in the future. :P

LOL ekmatt anti-spoiler. I like it:) I dunno why but spoilers aren't that ugly IMO. Cerainly not at a car on wich the car color matches the spoiler color:)👍 Some more close ups could be cool yah...but I like em.

Nice job keep em coming:tup:

thanks gt4 fan lol...yess, ever since the need for speed game came out, i've hated wings and spoilers...i put some on my car...but if it's mandatory, i hate wings a lot...if i got the subaru STi, i'd take that wing off just because...

Hey, in the Need For Speed the wings are for the looks, in GT4 they are for cornering speeds.

We are different, we have different tastes. Personally I like the wing on the Chevelle but it would ne better if it was a bit shallower and located further back. But we have what we have and we have go get along with it. :)

I won't say anything about your shots, I'll just say that I hate all muscle cars, 'cept for the Ford GT and the Dodge Viper. That's why I never take pics of them. I think what ruined your shots was the track, not a very good one for pics IMO. There wasn't anything wrong with your car.

I completely agree with the track comment, it didn't work.

Some old pictures for now:

PMC shots

British car B&W at the 'Ring

Nissan Z on a Japanese track

Tuning car blasting through the city

Well, these can't be worse than the previous update! :lol:

Nice Black 'n white pics Greycap. I do think though that the z at motegi think it is, is a bit too dark, was that your plan or did it just happen.

P.S: Thanks for giving some feedback about my drift pics, much appreciated

The darkness was fully intentional, I thought I needed something different to make it to the Top 20. Well, I didn't make it... :ouch:

The B&W ones at the ring are great, I loved that theme in the PMC (not that I got anywere with my shot), but then again I'm always a sucker for a sideways E-type.

I missed your last update (the one at Seattle), I would agree that its a difficult location to get good pictures at, its not impossiable (the Mitsu GTO '70 in my pictures thread was taken at Seattle and looks pretty good). I have found that only the back end of the circuit, around by the tram tracks, gives you a good background. Anywere else and its just damn hard work, the buildings just look so flat.

Regards

Scaff

I like these pics Greycap...These are nice, I like the Option Z...I didn't know it had a thing next to the window (I don't know what's it's called, it's that net) Yeah I feel like a n00b...

Back