Revolution Studios :: Merc SL65 Part Two!

appie - thanks again.
Rohrl-fan - I'm glad you like them, and thanks alot for the high praise for the Lotus.

And now, for my first proper update, a slick Black SLR at George V Paris.

Click on the images for wallpaper size.

Great work revolution as always! That first shot is so damn nice. The around the corner blur looks great on it + those break disks are just beautiful. 9.5/10

Wooooow. The twirl in the 2nd motion blur is barely visible. 👍
The third is the coolest of the bunch to me, it's super-clean.

This is why you kick so much ass.
The blur is perfect on all of them.
And the last big one looks like something from Top Gear.

Wow, you got some crazy pictures Rev. I love them. But why the radial and motion blurs only? Why can't you try and achieve the look in GT4? I know it looks way better in PS, but I'm just wondering.

Wow, I knew your first real update would be, ahem, off the chain, yo! Excuse me and my pitiful imitation of ekmatt. Yes, I still call him ekmatt.
Now, to the photos.
Number 1 really communicates the feeling of hard braking from high speed, and the depth blur enhances that sense of speed even further. I can see that you used a radial blur on the right side of the pic. I'm not sure what to think about it. First of all, I can only see about half of it, the right half, and I'm not sure where the rest is. Did you do some layer thing to get rid of the left part or something? Anyway, I like the idea of the blur following the car around the corner, but the more I look at it the more I dn't like it. It looks out of place and the line where it begins, where the bricks all the sudden get longer, lighter, and blurrier, really stands out. But I don't really know how to fix it. Obviously, the red hot brake discs really slam the hard braking concept into thy head. A little thing that annoys me: people say "Hey look, headlights! Let's make them brighter." This is a good idea, I do it too. But sometimes you shouldn't brighten the whole thing, as with this SLR. The only part of the headlight that would light in real life would be the round Xenon bulb. The rest of the low-beam unit is just for show. So only a small circle within the unit should actually be bright. Just something to compain about.
The second picture is really nice, too, though not as exciting as the others. I wish the reflections on the right side of the car were a little brighter, though. And the liscence plate stands out oo much to my eyes, I think it should be smudged around the edges a little. You did a great job with the blur and I like how it brought out a little glow behind the left-hand taillight.
Numer 3 is my favorite. I like the speed , which is something this car is really good at creating. It seems a little smoother than the rest. I love the bright reflections all over the car, they are partly why this pic is my new wallpaper.

:drool: The first three big images are unbelieveable! I like the sense of speed you have created, keep those updates coming! :dopey:

Thanks for all your positive feedback, everybody.
freddy86 - Thanks! I'm glad you like the brake discs, alot of work went into making sure they looked perfect.
sejtur - Thanks again, I'm glad you like the third, I spent a bit of time cleaning the textures and smoothing it out.
tougemonster - Hehe, I'm glad you like'em. My favourite is the first one, too!
Fletch - Thank you!
Vonie - Wow, I'm glad you like 'em! PS I love Top Gear!
MKthreeGTi - The reason these have had radial blurs and motion blurs put on them is because I can't achieve the same effect in GT4. Especially the 'around-the-corner' and zoom blur. The blur on the second pic would be more achieveable, and believe me, I tried to do it ingame, but the front of the car would always go out of focus when I wanted the whole car sharp.
PERFECT BALANCE - Thanks!
painkiller - all your drooling is making a mess on the floor! Seriously, though, thanks for dropping by and commenting.
keef - Thanks for the large amount of feedback! About the twirl blur on the first - I tinkered around with that in PSP for a long time, trying to get it perfect, I experimented with different layers and positioning the twirl in the right spot and couldn't get it perfect, so in the end I just left it as is, so what you see is the best I could do. Its a work in progress (the around-the-corner blur) and I'm still experimenting with different methods and blurs, and I haven't perfected it yet.
I'm not quite sure what you mean about the headlights on the SLR, as I didn't brighten them separately! The only brightening that has been done there is the general B/C that has been done to the whole image.
I'm glad you like the second image, that was taken just after heavy braking and the SLR is just cruising around the corner afterwards, so I didn't want it to be 'action-packed'. PS I painted on the red taillight glow ;).
Thanks for all the positive feedback, it will be helpful for my next update.
Duċk, Krame and magburner - Thanks, guys.

Ah, I'm learning your secrets. So you use Paint Shop Pro to edit your pics? I have PS 7.0, most people do, I guess. I don't know a thing about your program, so I'll screw up the lingo every now and then. Oh, and I'm infamous for long pic reviews, just ask PB and Sej, especially!

So I've sat down for a bit to look over these shots, and decided to go over each:

Shot 1 - The extreme foreground looks a bit over-blurred, but I think that might have to do with the shifty texture work of PD, not your method. The front wheel is extremely well done, and you made the right choice with using this for the APMC.

Shot 2 - It feels like you wasted no time going from braking to full-on acceleration again. I like that. But for whatever reason, it just doesn't grab me as much as the first and third shot.

Shot 3 - Blur = perfect. Reflections = perfect. Angle = perfect. Basically, you can take a guess at my favourite shot of the pack ;).

Shot 4 - This one confused me, as I don't know what you're going for with the blur. I like it, and it's different, but I looked at this one probably the longest out of the set. For lack of a better term; "artsy"?

Shot 5 - This one's very fuzzy, but that probably has to do with the fact I'm used to looking at the first three shots, which are half the size. The entire row of thumbs have a very "fan in the stands" feel to them, which is convincing and entirely suited to George V.

Shot 6 - The least convincing shot of the litter, mostly down to the jaggie reflections and the paper wheels. But those both aren't your fault. Is it meant to be a posing shot, or was it originally an action one that required a really high shutter speed?

Shot 7 - Emphasizes the incredibly long nose of the SLR. The tiny bit of reflections add immensely to that, and it's a simple, lovely shot. Nothing wrong with that 👍

They're all good, but obviously my favourite is Number 3. You're making us all look like amateurs! ;)

Keef - Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop are very similiar, and can do pretty much the same thing as each other, with a few variations along the way. So if you say something about PS, I'll probably understand it and be able to do the same thing in PSP.
SlipZtrEm - Thanks for the critique, Slip.
Shot 1 - Thank you. :dopey:
Shot 2 - Full-on braking straight to full-on acceleration? Yep, sounds like my driving! :)
Shot 3 - I'm glad you like it so much, as soon as I took it I thought "this shot has potential!"
Shot 4 - Mmmm, I guess that one is kinda artsy, but the blur is all ingame, thats only had brightness and contrast done to it.
Shot 5 - Again, only brightness and contrast to this shot, blur is all ingame and I didn't spend the amount of time cleaning it like I did the first three. And if you click on the first three, you'll get full size and can compare them like that.
Shot 6 - This shot was an action shot that needed a high shutter speed to pull off. I probably should have cleaned it up like the others, but doing that much cleaning and sharpening takes time.
Shot 7 - :)

appie17 - somebody get me a mop to clean this drool up!! :D

Here is my first Photoshop Update, the NFS Most Wanted BMW M3 GTR.

Click for wallpaper size.​

Original​
mworiginal2ar.jpg

I've always liked the look of the hero car in the latest NFS game, Most Wanted. So tonight, I set out to recreate it! But its not just a simple graphics job, the M3 in NFS is actually an M3 GTR Race Version, and the Race Version in GT4 is plastered with racing livery, and we can't have that, can we? So my M3 was originally a Street Version. I had to take all the race parts off of the race car and attatch them to the street version, eg the massive flared wheelarches, the large aerodynamic rear spoiler, the bonnet vents, the wheels, and the front splitter. Then was the simple job of airbrushing the stylish graphics kit from NFS Most Wanted. Enjoy, people.​

Oh yeah! 👍 I really like that. You sure know how to handle our little friend called Photoshop. :)

- Edit: I had a closer look at it once more. The little things you did are great. Like the airholes (??) on the hodd you added, also the wing looks very convincing. Most of all I like how you modifîed the fenders. Great work all over!

Rohrl-fan - Haha, thank you :D
appie17 - Awwww, I just cleaned up the last lot of drool!:lol: I'm glad you like it.
Fletch - Thanks :)
freddy86 - Hehe, thanks, but I use Paint Shop Pro 9! And its the little details that make it convincing, so accordingly I put the most effort into the little things, to make the pic just right.

I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E! Your editing skills are awsome. Keep these great updates coming! :dopey:

There is no way to great your work enough, the Most Wanted pic is stunning to say the least.

Thank you for making this place a better way to be in :cheers: :bowdown:

Latest Posts

Back