Revolution Studios :: Merc SL65 Part Two!

Nice work on the cleanups 👍 I thought about using the pen tool to vector in some new panel gaps and bodywork etc. but i'm far too lazy to do it. :dopey:
Keep up the good work.

Thanks everyone.
By the way, I do use motion blur for cleanup, quite a bit actually. Its not unheard of, if anyone remembers (I certainly do) Franz's fantastic shot of the Nissan GTR Concept's wheel with the corner blur, he said he'd used motion blur for cleaning there.
On SL65 Part Two, if you look at the rear 3/4, the front 3/4 and the door, they've all been motion blurred for cleaning of textures and then touched up slightly with smudge brush.

Absolutely amazing stuff, Rev. Great cleanup work, and I love seeing someone who puts enough work into the pictures to release a wallpaper sized copy. Very impressive, I really like the second SL65 shot and the S2000 is extremely clean.

Thanks everyone.
By the way, I do use motion blur for cleanup, quite a bit actually. Its not unheard of, if anyone remembers (I certainly do) Franz's fantastic shot of the Nissan GTR Concept's wheel with the corner blur, he said he'd used motion blur for cleaning there.
On SL65 Part Two, if you look at the rear 3/4, the front 3/4 and the door, they've all been motion blurred for cleaning of textures and then touched up slightly with smudge brush.

How about that, never heard of that 👍

wow the SL65 AMG at Seattle Pt 2 is really great!! I never get the pics so clean :( but I'm gonna try it with motion blur like you said :)

Thanks guys.
JTSnooks - Hehe, yep, thats always something I try to provide. It always annoys me alittle bit whenever I'm browsing the galleries and see a fantastic shot, and when I open it up full size its 800*600. I do my best to make all my pics look good at high res... chances are if it doesn't look good at full size, I'm not gonna bother posting it here.

Damn, the second shot looks amazing, chrome like. The reflections and lighting are awesome. Motion blur for cleanup huh, sounds interesting might have to try that one out. Anyways beautiful chrome mercedes shot.

Good job Rev, the blur and cleanup are on point. 👍 It's really nice to see people really getting good at cleaning up things with tools they use often. I tried cleaning up with motion blur too, but it didn't came out well, and I didn't bother to try it again but you succeeded very well. For the cleanup now I mostly use median, it's a very smooth effect, and it only takes some selecting.

Wow, theres some fantastic updates here, the SL65 part two is amazing, how do you get such reflections and keep it so clean.

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate the positive feedback.
@Sej - Hehe, practice makes perfect. I've been using motion blur to clean for a while now, and IMO they're turning out nicely. I don't tend to use the median often, because it sorta seperates the colours a bit, and I'm a fan of the smooth and subtle gradients and reflections on a car's body.

Back