MAGBURNER: Incisions Beyond Motion. NEW UPDATE 27.09.10 SOMETHING DIFFERENT

• Thread starter magburner
  • 707 comments
'Crescit Eundo'

Nightlife: Out-takes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, here are a couple of images that didnt make the cut. There is nothing wrong with them, but I feel that they don't fit with the mood I was trying to create.

mag68bg7sb.jpg

I've used a similar effect to a method I used for a pic in the corvette update for this, but I concentrated on cleaning up this image, and making the car look a lot smoother.

mag69bg5lt.jpg

I saw an image similar to this in another gallery, and I remember being really taken by it.
So I tried to create a similar look, but with darkness being a bigger factor.
This pic is in homage to the original I saw.

The only problem is, I've seen so many great images lately, that I forgot :dunce: who's gallery I saw it in. Whoever it was though, thanks for the inspiration!

mag64bg9zy.jpg

Here is an image I thought was awsome, but was spoiled by the poor tidemark in the sky. I tried blurring the line, but the lower half of the sky looked too different to the top to be believeable. I also thought about cropping the image, but it would mean losing the effect I was after, so sadly, it didnt make the final cut. :grumpy:

mag77bg7hk.jpg

Here's another I like that won't make the cut. Again, there is nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't fit the mood I'm trying to create.

By now you must of figured out that the Nissan GT-R Concept (Tokyo Show) '01 will be the hero for this update.
Its a beautiful car, with interesting lines, and a killer look. Keep those eyes peeled! :dopey:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check back, from time-to-time for updates! Take care, magburner.

'Crescit Eundo'

Nightlife: Out-takes

Ok, final out-take. Again, there is nothing wrong with this image, it just doesnt fit the style of the update I'm creating.

I'm just adding the finishing touches to my explorations into darkness, and god-willing, they will be posted tonight.
This update will be the biggest I have posted to date, so I hope you like it. :dopey:

mag93bg3ti.jpg

Thanks Rohrl-fan. I have spent a lot of time on this update. Hopefully you should see why the images I've posted so far are rejects. :dopey:

Popping in here after your comment in my gallery, (I'm not much when it comes to commenting) :indiff:. I must say those GTR Concept photos are great! The textures are very poor around the rear lights and you've cleaned them very well. 👍

I chose the ST185 because of the cars extra kit it adds a more detail to the pictures, worked for you too. I still can't get over how clean the Mines Evolution looks, the blue tone works wonders too. I'll certainly be coming back here :)!

@DiabolicalMask, Alpha: Thanks for the comments guys, they are much appreciated. :dopey:

@Fletch: Thanks for the 10/10 rating for my out-takes. I have much better to come! :sly:

Damn man, I really like your style. 👍 Your way of using light makes your pics look so smooth and nice to look at. 👍

banner40ft.jpg

'Crescit Eundo'

Welcome to my latest update! Feel free to look around and leave comments!

Hi there again! Thanks for the many encouraging comments I keep receiving, they make me want to try and impress you more! :sly:
This my biggest update yet, so I hope you like it. Its taken me a few days to create the desired effects I was looking for.

The theme of this update is night, and I've tried to capture some of the moods that are sometimes seen at that time of the day.

This update is split into three catagories.
There are two Photomode sections (differentiated by finishing), and a Phototravel section.
Furthermore, I have split them into classic and artistic styles. I hope you like my interpretations. :dopey:

NIGHTLIFE
----------------
As darkness falls, a menacing predator stalks the highway...

Nissan GT-R Concept (Tokyo Show) '01

mag62bg9wc.jpg

mag70bg2rj.jpg

mag71bg3xq.jpg

mag89bg0ty.jpg

mag90bg9ll.jpg

mag97bg7jh.jpg

mag103bg2oh.jpg

mag118bg9bk.jpg

mag114bg2oi.jpg

mag120bg8wz.jpg

fin

Euh, okay, seeing your good pics I can understand why you reject your, euh, well, rejects! :lol: Seriously, fantastic job you did on those!!! :drool: They're awesome, wonderful, marvellous,...

Thanks for the comments Rohrl-fan, they are appreciated. :dopey:

I was in two minds about going ahead with this update, because I wasn't sure if people would understand my thoughts. I'm not sure people do, still its up now. :(

Thanks pain killer, I created a new PS technique to make them really stand out! :dopey:

The fifth big one! :drool:

Not much more to say, but fantastic work. I could never do anything like that. 👍

Thanks GT4-4-fan. That shot is actually a 'fake' night shot. I took it on the rise before the tyre arch on Circuit De La Sarthe. I'm Glad you like it though, Its one of my favourites. 👍

Thanks Krame, the big ones are my favourites too. :dopey:

Maybe I should of gone with just them, IMO the thumbs are good too.

I was trying to create hi-res images with this update, as I have created a new technique to get my pics sharper and smoother. :dopey:

Back