~ DiabolicalMask's PhotoMode Gallery ~ (Randoms)

• Thread starter 35mm
  • 566 comments
Very nice pics of the M3 at the Ring, all pics are so bright and clear, great job on brightening them up from the darkness of the Ring 👍 👍

Nice shots of the M3 DM. My favourite has to be the last one. That one sticks out so much out of the rest. It's one hell of a shot. I just love pictures where the car is going at full pace and is driving like on the edge of a knife. This is very well shown in this particular picture. The smoke (dust) and the glowing sparks jsut underline it. That shot would have got my vote in the pmc week 48 if you had submitted it. 👍 👍

Vonie
Awww...I was hoping for more bikes.
Eheh.
Yeah, that title served TT as well. Sorry! ;)

ALPHA
I don't think I've commented here regarding your last five updates, :indiff:. I just can't find anything original to say!
I know exactly what you mean and I feel the same many times. Don't worry about that with me. :)👍

ALPHA
Could we (I) please see a rework of the Elise at Motegi :dopey:👍
Meh...
Dude, have you looked at that set lately? I don't think it's that great, at least nowadays... :scared:

But I'll see what I can do. :D

Fletch
Very nice pics of the M3 at the Ring, all pics are so bright and clear, great job on brightening them up from the darkness of the Ring 👍 👍
Thanks for pointing that. Indeed it's always a hard job at the Ring. Thanks. :)👍

freddy86
I just love pictures where the car is going at full pace and is driving like on the edge of a knife.
Those are my kind of pictures as well. 👍👍
Thanks. :)

FatAssBR
Awesome update, João. One of your best in my opinion. 👍
Oh, it's good to hear that. Really glad you think that. :)

Thanks, everyone, for the comments. 👍

nice lookin lemon bimmer you got there..👍

its a good thing i stopped by at this gallery.. it gave me great new ideas and angles for shooting..

i especially like the pic w/ the sparks..👍

i think im gonna shoot one like that someday..

keep up the good work man..👍

Accord Euro R @ Apricot Hill

picture2713copyr9xy.jpg

picture2717copyr6og.jpg

picture2712copyr1pj.jpg

picture2718copyr1ke.jpg

picture2724copyr6pf.jpg

picture2710copyr8xl.jpg

A quick and small one. :)

@Dick Steel and R32mania: Thanks, guys. 👍

nice lookin car there man...i also like the wheel/car combo... my favorites would be the first and the third one.. they look really nice and clean..

oh btw,what's up w/ the red light on those headlights?:dunce:

do they really look like that?:dunce:

Ooops, I don't know how I double posted. I replied once, and it said the page could not be displayed, so I went back and replied again, and I have double posted. Sorry. But my second reply expressed what I wanted to say better, so I won't edit that one.

Wow DM, great shots. For some reason I am just now stopping by your gallery. I have really been missing out. I am especially impressed by your TT shots. They are all so clean and sharp and colorful. I am envious of you because I really want that game! I really like those old bike shots you have. Those vintage bikes are sweet. And it's not just the TT shots, but all of your shots. They are all so clean and crisp, I really like them. I would love to hear your methods of how you make them so clean and crisp. Maybe you don't want to share them, but it's a great method, whatever you are using. And again, great gallery, love your style, and more TT shots please!:)

Edit: Oh, I just read back a post from a couple months ago on how you clean them up. Levels and saturation. But could you elaborate on the Highlights and Shadows. What do you do with that to make the shot more clean and sharp? I just can't beleive that you have done just that little bit to get those shots that clean. I can, but I am still in awe. I guess you have perfected the method.

Thanks, everyone. Glad you liked it. :)
I'll probably do this (small updates) more in the future. 👍

R32mania
oh btw,what's up w/ the red light on those headlights?:dunce:

do they really look like that?:dunce:
Well, they look weird, don't they? That's because they have a strange hue to them, I don't know why. That should be ambar (turn signal).

@440 CHARGER: Thanks for stopping by.
It's no secret at all what I do to my pictures and I'm happy to share it. :)
What I use in the "Shadow/Highlight" menu is "Midtone Contrast" and the amount of "Shadows". The first one is really useful for the backgrounds, removing a bit of that haze that the shots normally have. The "Shadows" I use for brightening the dark areas that I want to highlight - normally the lower part of the cars. It's really good for making some reflections stand out, although some jaggies may appear as well...
I also use UnSharp Mask now. Especially after I resize the pictures, it makes a lot of difference.

Anyway, if you'd like to, you can pick a picture from my gallery and, when I have the time, I'll explain step by step how I cleaned it. 👍

PhotoTravel​

picture2887copyr9za.jpg

picture2908copyr6uv.jpg

picture2938copyr3xa.jpg

picture26828zt.jpg

I had these lying around and never got the chance to post them, so I decided to gather them all now. Hope you like them PhotoTravel shots. :)

EDIT: Thanks, Freddy. 👍

DiabolicalMask
Thanks, everyone. Glad you liked it. :)
I'll probably do this (small updates) more in the future. 👍

Well, they look weird, don't they? That's because they have a strange hue to them, I don't know why. That should be ambar (turn signal).

@440 CHARGER: Thanks for stopping by.
It's no secret at all what I do to my pictures and I'm happy to share it. :)
What I use in the "Shadow/Highlight" menu is "Midtone Contrast" and the amount of "Shadows". The first one is really useful for the backgrounds, removing a bit of that haze that the shots normally have. The "Shadows" I use for brightening the dark areas that I want to highlight - normally the lower part of the cars. It's really good for making some reflections stand out, although some jaggies may appear as well...
I also use UnSharp Mask now. Especially after I resize the pictures, it makes a lot of difference.

Anyway, if you'd like to, you can pick a picture from my gallery and, when I have the time, I'll explain step by step how I cleaned it. 👍

I might just take you up on that. Any one of those TT shots would be cool. Thanks DM.

^ I kind of liked it to be honest... :embarrassed:
But thanks. ;)

wrxrex: Thank you. The 206 shots are my favourites as well. 👍

440 CHARGER, here we go. A little DIY. :D

First, here's the original shot:

First, I do the Levels. I normally look at the spot that is more bright and therefore more likely to lose detail ("blow") when moving the right slider.
In this case my attention was at the rider's shoulder and helmet, and also the spot on the bike above the headlights.
With that in mind, I decided to leave it as showned in the picture:

After that, a bit of Contrast. +10 looked OK to me. I normally use values between 5 and 15:

Now, let's go to the Shadow/Highlight menu, and I normally start with the shadows to brighten the dark areas and balance the whole thing a bit (that's how I prefer them).
If there are reflections on the car/bike, this will also help to make them stand out. Especially when the car is in a shadow or at night shots.
+20 looked good and I normally don't use more than this but, as you'll see next, I should have used a bit more:

In the same menu is the Midtone Contrast. As I said, it's good for the backgrounds (but not only), although in this case it didn't make that much difference. I normally use more (+10 in this case):

(Note that I don't mess with any of the other parameters in this menu)

These ones don't need any explanation. Saturation (+15):

Unsharp Mask. I always use 0,4 radius and then normally around +100:

Now, after this the photo is pretty much ready and I save it like that.
Then, I resize it. 450*600 (600*450) as always.
After resizing, I usually give them a final touch in the Levels.
In this case I thought that overall the shot could be lighter, so I moved the middle slider a bit to the left to brighten it. Since the photo is much smaller now and there's less detail, I could have messed with the right one again as well to give it a final adjust, but not in this case.

After resizing a photo, it always seems to lose a bit of its sharpness, so I discovered that adding a bit more of USM after the resize is a good idea. +30 normally does the trick:

As I said above, when adjusting Shadows, I should've added a bit more. I noticed this right at the end and, because this is the way I like them, I added +5 (it also matched more the shot I previously posted a few days ago):

And voilà. The final result:
final2qo.jpg

Phew. So there you go!
I really hope that helped and that you make good use of it... ;)

The result is not far from the other one, I guess. This one looks even better, maybe.

I don't have specific techniques for specific situations. This is pretty much what I do to ALL my shots, although the values and amounts obviously vary, depending on how it looks at the moment.

👍

Back