MAGBURNER: Incisions Beyond Motion. NEW UPDATE 27.09.10 SOMETHING DIFFERENT

• Thread starter magburner
  • 707 comments
'Crescit Eundo'

PREVIEW
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks again for all the comments guys, they are much appreciated. 👍 Right, here is another mini-update. I've decided to do another Photo Travel set - the hero for this update will be the HKS Hyper Silvia. I've concentrated on getting the cars as smooth as possible,and I've paid more attention to how the reflections affect the car, and particularly, the livery upon it. Below is a preview of the update that I will post later today. I hope you like my interpretations. :dopey:

HKS Genki Hyper Silvia RS2 (D1GP) '04

mag1905iv.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check back, from time-to-time for updates!
Take care, magburner.

That is, once again, just amazing! The subtle shine on the paint, the gleaming chrome rims... :drool:

How long does it take you to make one of these shots? I'm just curious to know. :)

@appie: Thanks man. 👍

Greycap
How long does it take you to make one of these shots? I'm just curious to know. :)

Each image takes about an hour and a half in total, but thats from the moment its shot, until the final image that is posted here. I've found that planning and thought take considerably longer than actual execution, and I spend more time in game than I do with PS.

i like what you said about your new motive. it sounds like these are going to be some first class eddited pics. ill be waiting patiently 👍

'Crescit Eundo'

HKS SHIBUYA CRUISE

Welcome all! As promised, here is the HKS Hyper Silvia update at Shibuya.
I stated earlier that I wanted the cars to look smoother and have better reflections that interact with the car and its livery - I think I got it right a couple of times. :sly:
I hope you like my interpretations. :dopey:

HKS Genki Hyper Silvia RS2 (D1GP) '04

mag1925dy.jpg

mag1938fk.jpg

mag1942ji.jpg

mag1957fg.jpg

mag1967ug.jpg

mag1976mw.jpg

mag1982mc.jpg

fin
Take care, magburner.

Man those look intesnse, like everyone else said, incredibly smooth! Very realistic! Keep up the great work!

'Crescit Eundo'

MOTION BLUR TEST

I better start mopping or someone will slip on all the drool! :sly:
Seriously guys, thanks for all the comments, they are much appreciated. 👍

I've been looking at the many different motion blur effects that other artists here have been doing, and I thought I'd have a go my self.
Im not entirely happy with the results, as there is still a LOT of room for improvement.
If anyone has any tips on how I can improve this technique, I would appreciated it greatly.

These shots have been lifted from the Nismo 400R update I mentioned a while back.
I am still in the middle of finishing it and it is some way off yet, but it IS coming! I hope you like my interpretations. :dopey:

Nismo 400R '96

test16dw.jpg

test24de.jpg

test36wo.jpg

fin
Take care, magburner.

I think they look terrific, especially for your first time. I personally like the middle one the best! I would give my tips on blurring but I'm a rookie to it as well. Keep up the great work!

Pretty nice job for your first try. The blur is still a little rough around the car. Are you still using the mature setting to take all your pics, cause they have a different look then everybody elses pics.

all three of them get a 👍 from me. i like seeing motion blured shot tons cause i cant do it myself. make some more and ill come back to see them. :)

looks good for the first try 👍
There are couple things I can suggest you to do
when you compare the ground and the building
it seems the ground doesn't look fast enough
but the building is moving too fast
so when you blur the background, try to do it with 2 layers
1st layer (top layer) is very very fast and you use it for the ground
2nd layer is okay fast and use it for the building
then use layer mask or eraser to remove the building blur on 1st layer
your blur will look more natural

another suggestion will be adding noise on the ground
and sharpen it before blur the layer