MAGBURNER: Incisions Beyond Motion. NEW UPDATE 27.09.10 SOMETHING DIFFERENT

• Thread starter magburner
  • 707 comments
very nice blurring man, it looks very clean. how are u bluring the images? what i do is i duplicate the default layer (which is where everything is) then make a copy of the car and cut out the car on the blur layer, then blur the layer and clea up the edges around the car. doing this will elimate the paint from the car from spilling over to the background when u motion blur. looking very good man, so much better than i can do 👍

phew... My damn PC crashed big time last night, and I thought my XP setup was a goner for sure! Luckily, I managed to salvage things and Im' back here now! :crazy:

@garnetrules21: Thanks man. 👍

@krame: Yeah, I struggled to clear the excess red shimmer, but to no avail. :indiff: I was just happy to have got somewhere near. As for the pics I take, I always use the mature setting, but it is only one of many things I do to make them look different. :sly:

@gt_masta: Thanks man. My signature is at it again... :sly:

@lmracer: Thanks man. 👍 I have a few more in the pipeline, but they are a few updates away yet. 💡

@franz: Until you mentioned it, I never though of bluring the road more than the scenery/skyline. I've had a second look, and you are spot on with your advice, nice one! Ill put your tips into practice next time. 👍

@identti: The b&w look of the first was a feeble attempt to try and mask the red shimmer that appeared on the pic. In the end, I though I'd go with it because it stood out nicely. :dopey:

@PLmatt91: Depending on how you look at the pics, there could be too much blur. On the 1st and 3rd, I'd agree, but I think that with a little tinkering (ala franz' advice), the blur on the 2nd, could look awesome. Thanks for your honest opinion. 👍

@FaLLeNAn9eL: I do it exactly like you do. The only problem I'm getting is that when I cut the car out, I'm leaving traces of the paintwork on the background, hence the red shimmer around the edges of the car. I have an Idea about how to get rid of it, so wait for my next attempt... :dopey:

Looking awesome. I really love the 2nd one... maybe just look to make them a little bit cleaner around the car. But it's damn well for a first try! 👍

'Crescit Eundo'

TRIAL CELICA PREVIEW
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again. I've been busying myself with this update for the last couple of days. I've almost finished it, so is a preview of what is to come.
I have split this update into two, and will post both parts separately. First up is the preview for the light side which I will post today.
I will post a preview of the dark side tomorrow.
I hope you like my interpretations. :dopey:

Trial Celica SS-II (zzt231) '03

prev11lm.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check back, from time-to-time for updates!
Take care, magburner.

Krame
Wow man, I really like that. Looks realistic. Nice snd soft.

Thanks mate. Wait until you see the update, some of the pics look photo-realistic! :dopey:

FaLLeNAn9eL
Im FaLLeNAn9eL and I approve this message

sexy8zx.gif

lol i just HAD to make one

Thanks mate, that banner is cool! :D Your comments are greatly appreciated. 👍

I love the corvette shot, 3rd row of thumbnails, 2nd shot from the left. The flow of those highlights looks amazing. Great work! I'm interested to see what you come up with next!

'Crescit Eundo'

'REAL SUNNY DAY'

Welcome all to my latest update - 'A Real Sunny Day'. Right, I hope you like this update, as I have spent a lot of time creating the look I was after.
For the side I have tried to create the most realistic picture I could. I'm particularly impressed with the first image in this update. :D
OK, Enough babbling, take a look, and please leave comments. 👍

ps. Look out for the dark side of this update, which I will post within the next 48hrs. :dopey:

banner2gp.jpg

Trial Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '03

mag014yh.jpg

mag022gx.jpg

mag034mn.jpg

mag042vn.jpg

mag055zd.jpg

mag069rm.jpg

mag076sz.jpg

mag086ti.jpg

mag092ux.jpg

mag101nc.jpg

fin
Take care, magburner.

usually, id look at an desaturated picture and think "ugghhh eww" but these came out extremely well! very very nice man! i love all of them! the camera angles are awesome and the framing is superb! :bowdown:

I'm FaLLeNAn9eL and I approve this message:
sexy8zx.gif

Damn dude. Those pics are nice as hell. So clean and so realistic. You made the unsaturated look pretty nice looking. This is one of my favorite updates from your whole gallery.

PLmatt91
Good stuff mb, but there's hardly any color...:(
thats the entire point of his update. read the title "***A REAL SUNNY DAY***" hes trying to simulate a strong presence of sunlight in his shots. adding more color would completely destroy the look hes trying to achieve.

I would like to thank you, magburner. You have made me look at the Celcia in a whole new light. The fourth pic really shows how sleek the back end of the car is. I never noticed that before.
I love the softness in them, brilliant. Awesome. 👍

Thanks for all the comments guys, they are much appreciated. 👍

@FaLLeNAn9eL: Thanks for that awesome banner man! I'm glad you think my pics are sexy! How you doing with the vanquish? :sly:

@identti: Thanks man. This is the first time in a long while that I have used softness like this. I like the effect, and I plan to use it more now that I have sussed it out. :D

@Krame: Thanks mate. I'm honoured that you think that much of my work. Thank you. 👍

@PLmatt91: Yeah, I hear what you are saying. I was in two minds whether to post this update, because of the ammount of desaturation. In the end, I thought what the heck, and did it for better or for worse. :D

@Vonie: Thanks man. I'm glad my images influenced you because the car is awesome to look at and awesome to drive. Its funny you should say that you now see the Celica in a new light, because after I saw Krames excellent update a while back, I saw the car differently too. This update is the result of that. 👍

@JFM92_GTRacer: Thanks man. 👍

Thanks to all who have commented and viewed this gallery. I will post up the second part of this update either tonight or tomorrow. A preview should follow soon. Until then, take care, magburner.

Those really look sick man! I love the brightness in them. It really looks like a very sunny day. The photos in real life look exactly like that when it's that bright outside. Awesome job dude.

@magburner:np man ;) i havent had a chance to start on the vanquish yet, i had to study for finals all day yesterday, i have one more to take in about 2 hours then im gunna get to work on it ;)

'Crescit Eundo'

TRIAL CELICA PREVIEW (DARK)

Hello again! As promised, here is a preview of the dark side of this update. I have gone with the desaturated look again, this time focussing on darkness. This will be the last big update for a week or two, as I want to focus on smaller updates again. Anyway, here is the preview.

Trial Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '03

prev29mq.jpg

Take care, magburner.

WoW!! I missed posted here...how? Amazing work, really. lovely banners by the way. Detailed pics and brightness shots. GREAT!! Keep up!!

Back