MAGBURNER: Incisions Beyond Motion. NEW UPDATE 27.09.10 SOMETHING DIFFERENT

• Thread starter magburner
  • 707 comments
'Crescit Eundo'

'GOTHIC NIGHTMARE'
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again! Thanks for all the comments, they are much appreciated. 👍 Ok, here is the dark side of the Trial Celica update.
This part is heavily stylised, and like the first part, desaturated. I've titled this part of the update 'Gothic Nightmare' as I think it reflects the darkness in the pictures nicely. Some of the angles are average, but as usual, I've chosen quality over quantity.

There are quite a few images on this page, so this will be the last big update for a couple of weeks as I am going to focus on smaller, more experimental updates.
I hope you like my interpretations. :dopey:

banner21wv.jpg

Trial Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '03

mag111zd.jpg

mag127pk.jpg

mag137fa.jpg

mag148ul.jpg

mag157my.jpg

mag168og.jpg

mag172qp.jpg

mag180vj.jpg

mag192jj.jpg

mag208mb.jpg

fin
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check back, from time-to-time for updates!
Take care, magburner.

Wow, those are some powerful photos. The clarity is immense even though they were taken in a dark setting. I think the whole Darkside/Lightside theme is outstanding. Great work, I can't wait to see more productions from you! :cheers:

I think it came out very well. That effect worked really well with that car.
Great job overall. 👍

Nice stuff mag
low satuation makes the shot more realistic than usual
it's dark but the car really stand out with those extreme reflection
I love them ... but I think you should only put a few shot instead of 10
because most of them look pretty identical

Hi guys, Its been a pretty annoying couple of weeks for me. First my PC went koo-koo-laa-laa and I had to re-install my xp setup - I lost some awesome updates in the process. Now, my memory card bit the dust yesterday! :mad: I have another update or two on my flash drive, so I will concentrate on them. Unfortunatley, I will be out of the loop after that for a week or two, until I can muster the funds to get another memory card (wish I didn't have to pay bills :indiff:).

@diabolical mask: Thanks man. Along with the first part of this update, I was trying to see if I could capture the same car in two totally different moods. This part of the update was IMO, the exact opposite of the first part. 👍

@emptyspace: I use 'BnSmash' (I found it at DaFont.com), then I added a two-pixel white stroke to it, and a 75% multiplied opacity drop shadow. I then simply colour the first three letters red,and the remaining letters black. The sig you see now is a play on the original sig I created, I have other colour variations that I may use in future, but at the moment, I'm liking this style. 👍

@franz: I agree, I might of over Emphasised with this update, but originality was never one of my strong points. :sly: I find it hard to capture great angles consistently, so I go for the quality of the image. If you think that 10 pictures was over the top, wait until you see some of my future updates! :D

lmracer: Thanks man. 👍

identti: Thanks man. 👍

R32mania: Thanks man, I'm honoured you think my pictures are that good! 👍

Dick Steel: Thanks man. 👍

Until next time, take care, magburner. :dopey:

Brilliant set man, keep on going like this. 👍

I really like the style of the pics. Dark, almost desaturated, clean but still nice reflections. Best pics I've eer seen of the car. :drool:

I have been sitting here for a while now and looking at your amazing gallery:eek:, you got some of the best shots here in gtp. I can't find any words to say it's just... awesome... really cool work man:tup:

'Crescit Eundo'

Preview

Hello again. Its been a while, so here is a long over due update, I have a couple more to post in the next few days, so please check back. Anyway, here is a preview of my next mini-update. I've chosen the Mines Lancer Evo VI again, but this time I've shot it in the early evening. I hope you like my interpretations. :dopey:

Mine's Lancer Evolution VI '00

preview3eq.jpg

Check back, from time-to-time for updates!
Take care, magburner.

Hmm, maybe the pic is indeed a bit too dark, but it's not bad or something. Maybe a little more contrast could make it more lighter, and more brightness. 👍

Thanks for the comment guys, they are much appreciated. I guess you won't like the update then, because that is probably the brightest of all the pics in the mini-set I have created. :(

This mini-update was an attempt at abstraction. My thinking was that you didn't have to see the whole car to know exactly what it was. Sure you might not be able to say 'Hey, thats a Mines Lancer', but you would know that it was a Lancer because of the obvious rear end. Although it is dark, I believe that there is still a lot of detail within the picture, and particularly the car itself.

My experiments into darkness will continue with following updates, including an update taken at Tokyo R246, that is probably one of the darkest ever shot there, a 24hrs Le Mans simulation, and a day/night combo featuring one of my favourite skylines.

Anyway, I will post up the rest of the update later tonight, until then take care, magburner.

Love that heavy contrast shot of the sunset. Maybe if a tad more of the curves of the car were visible it would add a bit more to the pic.. like a nice dark curvey outline... but I like the pic... clean and well framed with fantastic colour.

Back