MAGBURNER: Incisions Beyond Motion. NEW UPDATE 27.09.10 SOMETHING DIFFERENT

• Thread starter magburner
  • 707 comments
'Crescit Eundo'

AFTERNOON SHAKEDOWN
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again, Thanks for all the comments, they are much appreciated. 👍 I'm on a roll at the moment with updates, as I have several almost ready to go. To start with, here is the GT40 LM. This is the 3rd update after 'Golden Brown', and I have used the new techniques that I learned doing that update to create this. I'm particularly happy with the look of these images, as I feel that they are some of the smoothest, most natural looking I have done in a while. I've been emphasising the reflections on the cars for a few updates now, and this is the latest in that experiment. Ok, on with the show. I hope you like my interpretations. :dopey:

banner51jt.jpg

Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II '04

mag408lo.jpg

mag378gf.jpg

mag386qq.jpg

mag398xv.jpg

mag360hr.jpg

fin
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check back, from time-to-time for updates!
Take care, magburner.

I always had a soft spot for soft pictures like these. Great how the car looks. The only thing you could've done to make the update better are other angles or more scenery inclusion.

ok, thanks for all the comments guys, I have the next update ready to go, and I will post it here later today. later today.

@gabibyte: Thanks man. Yep, they were taken at the super speedway! 👍

@garnettrules21: Thanks man. Im glad you like the softness, as its here to stay in one form or another! 👍

@freddy86: Thanks man. The angles are poor, and there is not much to look at, but the car was the focus for this update. I've spent a lot of time concentrating on getting the car to look perfect, and I havent thought much about the angle. That will Improve over time... I hope! 👍

@Fyffe: Thank you very much Fyffe. 👍

Until next time, take care, magburner

'Crescit Eundo'

COMPETITION ENTRIES

Hello again! Here are a couple of competition entries and sneak previews from the next two updates that I have planned. I have decided to use a different format for my competition entries, which will differentiate them from my regular work. I know the angles are similar, but my aim, as always is to improve on the quality of the image. :indiff: The quality of these images is a direct result of my experiments with the 'Golden Brown' update, and apart from the Head to Head entry being 'dumbed down' for competition rules, they represent the level of my photo-editing at present.

The Fairlady Z LM update will follow tonight, and the Mercedes SL will follow in a few days after that. I hope you like my interpretations. :dopey:

Head2Head Competition Week 22

h2hcwk224hf.jpg

GT4 Artistic Release Competition Week 5

gt4arcwk58pu.jpg

Take care, magburner.

I like the lighting and reflections on the Z. Looks nice and clean, but im not sure if you meant for it to look like the car was moving or not. Looks like sort of a moving shot with stagnant wheels. Just a tad bit confusing.

The softness of the SL shot is just dreamy. Great shot. As far as the art thing goes however, it is a little too straight forward for my tastes i think. The movement is pretty decent and as a photo/poster its great.

@Dick Steel: Thanks man, the second is my favorite too. 👍

@identti: Thanks man, look for future updates in a similar theme.

Lord Nicon
I like the lighting and reflections on the Z. Looks nice and clean, but im not sure if you meant for it to look like the car was moving or not. Looks like sort of a moving shot with stagnant wheels. Just a tad bit confusing.

The car was moving, and I intentionally shot it as if it was standing still. The rest of the update will feature the car moving, but for this image, I thought I'd try and recreate a newbie mistake. You've got a keen eye my friend! :dopey:

Lord Nicon
The softness of the SL shot is just dreamy. Great shot. As far as the art thing goes however, it is a little too straight forward for my tastes i think. The movement is pretty decent and as a photo/poster its great.

If taking a picture of a car and then running a PS artistic filter on it is art, then this probably isn't. Personally, I think that it is very artistic, but thats just my opinion. If it gets nowhere, well... At least I tried! :sly:

@lmracer: Thanks man, I hope so! 👍

I really love the mercedes! What a great shot. Sadly you used it for the artistic release comp, IMO it's not enough art. :indiff: But don't get me wrong I love it!!
The Z has such a great lighting and colour, but with a radial blur and moving wheels this shot could be a killer!! 👍

Maybe you want to change those things. But other than that it's a great job mate! 👍 👍

I would personally like to know the process to get that softness and color and sharpness :lol: to my pics. Your pics are some of my absolute favorites Mag 👍. Keep up the great work, its always a pleasure seeing your new updates.

'Crescit Eundo'

THAT LADY!

Hello again, Thanks for all the comments, they are much appreciated. 👍 As promised, here is the Fairlady Z LM update. As always, I've gone for quality over quantity (hence the boring angles :indiff:).

As this gallery progresses, I am slowly learning that PS is not as an important part of the images final look as I first thought. Don't get me wrong, some of the images I have created have been heavily photoshoped, but as my photomode skills improve, so my use of PS decreases. I keep saying this, apart from the softness of recent updates, all the images from 'Early Morning Call' onwards, have been edited identically. I create the difference in the images in game. At some point in the future, I plan a totally unedited update to prove this. I hope you like my interpretations. :dopey:

banner67kg.jpg

Nissan Fairlady Z Concept LM Race Car '02

mag465ur.jpg

mag416ug.jpg

mag420if.jpg

mag459io.jpg

mag437hs.jpg

fin
Take care, magburner.

MAG, you gotta let me know your secret on that editing. How the heck are you doing it???? Looks incredible!!!!!

Great pics!
You really got to tell me how you get things so soft!

Don't like the rim choice on the 350z tough.
Definatly going to follow this one.

Thanks for all the comments, they are much appreciated. 👍

@Vonie: Thanks man. 👍

@PLmatt91: Thanks man. I'm still fine tuning the softness of the pictures. they do need to be a little sharper, I will get it eventually. 👍

@garnettrules21: Thanks man. All will be come apparent once I've perfected the technique I use. My gallery images are currently in 'phase two' of my editing process, after 'phase three', I will reveal my secrets. 👍

@Dick Steel: Thanks man, I will! 👍

@Cosmic: LOL. I know what your saying, and your right. The update I originally planned was a lot more stylised than what I eventually posted. The wheels look cool, but are a little too bling-bling. I have another update using these wheels, I hope you like that one. :nervous:

@LancerEVO_fan: Thanks man, that picture is one of my favourites from my whole gallery. 👍

@RcWr: Thanks man, I'm honoured. 👍

@APEXi_: Thanks man. 👍

appie17: As always, thanks for all the drool appie! 👍

Back