Revolution Studios :: Merc SL65 Part Two!

Short on time for comments, so I'll just say nice avatar. I like cool car avatars, and we both seem to be damn good at making them.:sly:

Okay then! Due to an overwhelmingly positive reaction I'll bring you all the rest of the pics either tomorrow or on Wednesday. Thanks for all the feedback!

And here it is! I've experimented with a few different techniques through this update, including alot of different color/gradient overlays, so don't get stressed if they don't all match together as well as they perhaps should. Enjoy.

Hyundai Rally Car at Grand Canyon

Click for wallpaper size.

__________________________​

Very unique colour like the last update
maybe gone a bit too far
but I really enjoy the update

lmracer - Thank you :) I'm glad you like'em :P
franz - I was going for something a bit different from the usual Grand Canyon photos :) Hence the color overlays ;) I'm glad you liked the update, though.

Very nice shots once again rev. That first shot is the best even though its the one beating right now in the 2.0 polls.

I like the shots where you put the soft outer glow to the car. 👍 Good job Rev.

BTW, how'd you get the wheel blur to look so perfect on that last shot?

PLMatt91 - Thank you :dopey: I'm glad you <3 it so much :P ;)
Dick Steel - Heh, thanks mate :dopey:
RcWr - Thank you too!
LGForce - Ta :)
Krame - Thanks :D I was really pleased with how that one came out myself!
JFM92_GTRacer - I'm glad someone noticed the subtle glow! Thanks. About the wheel blur, it actually came out of the game like that! Here's the original pic, if you're interested :)

Fyffe - Thank you. :)

Well, I was kinda bored tonight so I threw together this update for you of what I believe is some of my finest work. These are all my PD GT4 Tournament Entries, which helped me to make it to the Semifinals in Comp 1 (where I was eliminated by franz :dunce:) but unfortunately for me I was eliminated fairly early on in Comp 2 by SlipZtrEm. So here they are. Enjoy!

Polyphony Digital GT4 Photomode Tournament Entries

Competition One

Round One

Round Two

Semi-Final

Competition Two

Qualifying

Round One

As usual, click for wallpaper size.

________________________​

Rev:) They all look awesome,, I love the Nsx and the Ford and the Volkswagen and the Beemer and the Alfa,, whcih is one of my favourite cars:)
Just awesome comp entries,, Wish I had such skill:D

Because of this week's 2.0 Advanced Comp theme, I've decided to write you all up a tutorial on how to do those tricky-to-do yet awesome looking zoom blur pics. Enjoy the tutorial :)
BTW, this tutorial is designed for Paint Shop Pro 9, but can be adapted to suit Photoshop without too much fuss I should think.

Zoom Blur Tutorial

1. Find a suitable picture. This technique can be applied to a huge range of different angles, styles and often produces a stunning motion blurred background which looks great. For the purposes of this tutorial I'll be using this nice picture of an Alfa Romeo GT.

image14ns.jpg

2. Using the selection tool, make a selection around the outside of the car, as shown.

image20tz.jpg

3. Promote the selection to a layer, ie the car on a layer by itself. Then invert the selection (remember to select the background layer again) and promote the scenery onto a layer by itself.

image38sm.jpg
image43gt.jpg

4. Your layer pallete should look something like this right now.

image52ws.jpg

5. Now this next step depends on the picture. The vanishing point is the place on the picture where all the perspective lines go into. If you can see the vanishing point on the picture already, then this is unnecessary. However, if the lines all point to a spot which is off the pic, then you need to enlarge the canvas so you can blur to that spot. It is a rough estimate as to how much to enlarge the canvas by, usually a few hundred extra pixels is more than enough.

image65rr.jpg

image77en.jpg

6. Take the pen tool. Using a bright colour (such as red), draw (on a new vector layer of course) a straight line down the perspective lines. Repeat on a different line, and once more for good measure. Where the lines meet is the vanishing point!

image87hg.jpg

7. Go to Adjust > Blur > Radial Blur. Make sure it is set to 'Zoom'. Now, position the cross over the vanishing point. Zoom in if need be to get it perfect. Paint Shop Pro remembers the point where you last blurred, so click OK, then hide the lines layer.

image94ef.jpg

image109ka.jpg

8. On the scenery layer, select Radial blur from the Adjust menu again. The cross should be in exactly the same spot as before. Play around with different strenths of blur and different levels of "Protect Centre" until you get the desired effect. Click OK.

image139im.jpg

9. Go to your layers pallete. Duplicate the blurred layer. This is to eliminate the unblurred area around the edge of the car. Duplicate it 3 or 4 times, and then merge them all into one 'blur' layer.

image124ho.jpg

10. And you're done! Looks good, doesn't it? Time for finishing touches...
The wheels are clearly stationary, so thats the first thing on the list. You can either radial blur them which produces a very clean finish, or you can use the copy-paste wheel technique, which requires another 2 photos to be taken at the same time. So if you're working with just 1 pic, the radial blur is your best bet.

image148ii.jpg

11. The finished product! Finishing touches include a radial blur for the wheels, general cleanup, a touch more contrast, a border and the all important sig.

alfagt12lu.jpg

I hope that this tutorial has been helpful to you, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to either ask here or drop me a PM!

I have a question: who's this Kyle fellow you were talking to while creating this (excellent) tutorial?

;).

You do things almost exactly the same as me Rev, the only difference being the PS vs. PSP stuff which we already talked about. I hope this is of use in getting people past the intimidation of adding blurs post-GT!

Latest Posts

Back