TVR&FF's Photomode and Video Zone - 14th November: News "Final"

• Thread starter Pebb
  • 3,856 comments
A great shot that fit my desktop perfect:sly:. and of course I will be be drooling in here:) as long as you post great pics, I will be drooling:D

Cool PGR3 pics TVR. But I too think they look a little bit toyish. The amount of polygons is amazing, and the detail to every little part of the car is incredible. And the sunlight effects are great as well. But the part of PGR3 that is killing me is the wheels. The wheels look horendous. They seem to have there own lighting enviornment that the car does not have, and there seems to be a lack of shadows on them. The shot of the front end of the Lotus looks very toyish because of the wheels. The diffuse light highlights on them look very out of place. But please realize that the rest of the picture looks fantastic. The white paint has very realistic look to it with the shadows and the reflections look pretty good. It does look a little glossy, but that's XBox for ya. Also, the shot has poor shadows under the car. The orangish light from above the car does'nt seem to be casting a shadow, as there are no shadows under the tires. That detracts largely from the realism of the shot. I am sure the shadows probably look better while you are out racing and take pictures of the car in motion though. But they look good TVR.👍

440 CHARGER
Cool PGR3 pics TVR. But I too think they look a little bit toyish. The amount of polygons is amazing, and the detail to every little part of the car is incredible. And the sunlight effects are great as well. But the part of PGR3 that is killing me is the wheels. The wheels look horendous. They seem to have there own lighting enviornment that the car does not have, and there seems to be a lack of shadows on them. The shot of the front end of the Lotus looks very toyish because of the wheels. The diffuse light highlights on them look very out of place. But please realize that the rest of the picture looks fantastic. The white paint has very realistic look to it with the shadows and the reflections look pretty good. It does look a little glossy, but that's XBox for ya. Also, the shot has poor shadows under the car. The orangish light from above the car does'nt seem to be casting a shadow, as there are no shadows under the tires. That detracts largely from the realism of the shot. I am sure the shadows probably look better while you are out racing and take pictures of the car in motion though. But they look good TVR.👍
You know not every rim in the world is shiny, some supercar makers like to keep the rims un shiny. While making them strong and the white highlight on the rim is done by me.

I thought the highlight on the rim would add a bit of realness to them, also not all rims in GT4 are shiny. However too many of the rims in GT4 are flat. Also some of the garage locations offer more sunlight, which offer more shadows.

Remember the Esprit V8 is mainly in a shady place. So that does not add many shadows to it. Also like I said before it depends on the day, and what angle i use.

But thanxs for the comments 440, I am trying to improve my shots in PGR3. As well as the rims.

@Gerco Thanxs a lot Gerco.

-----

Here is a smaller version of the 1st shot, which has been edited a bit more in PS7:

Ok here is the 2nd part of the Esprit V8, but don't worry work will begin on the 2nd part of V8 Vantage later on folks.

Lotus

I am also looking to improve how i show off my updates in the replies.

Nice joking, but they do not look like toy cars to me. Now some people, that really clean up GT4 cars make there shots look like toy cars. (I,m not naming who those people are)

But many of the cars in game, are made out of fibre class.

Which look shiny and plastic, when there is a lot of sunlight on them. While being in the shadows, in other words many cars in the shadows do not show many highlights. Anyway here is an example:

Diecast model Car

PW457RED-MI.JPG

V

vipers011jd.jpg

But remember Fyffe, I am not having a go at you. I am just putting my point out, and also remember i am trying to improve my PGR3 shots more.

So I can really show, what the PGR3 cars look like on a HDTV. And to show PGR3 is the better looking, and the more real looking game then GT4.

Maybe some people cannot see much difference on a SDTV, but it is a different story on HDTV. Even in 720p or 1080i.

Also I may take some shots when running the game at 720p, to see if it makes a difference to my PGR3 photomode shots.

-----

Gallery News - 27th April 06

Ok I will allow 2 people to request 1 PGR3 car each, as a treat for summer. And 2 different people can request 1 car in GT4 each, but if you don't know the car list in PGR3.

Then I will post up the PGR3 car list.

P.S: Yoda cannot request at the moment, due to he has already request 3 times in the past. And well he will have to wait till later this year, also no one is allowed to request: 2CV's or MX5's.

appie17
make some pics o the Mercedes Benz A160 Avantgarde in GT4:D
1 GT4 photomode request spot, has been taken up by appie. That leaves just 1 GT4 photomode request spot now, as well as 2 PGR3 photomode request spots.

List of PGR3 cars

Ariel Atom 2 Supercharged
Aston Martin DB9
Aston Martin DBR9
Bentley Continental GT
Cadillac Sixteen Concept
Callaway C7
Callaway C12
Callaway Sledgehammer Twin Turbo
Chevrolet Corvette C6
Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1
Dodge Viper GTS ACR
Dodge Viper SRT-10
Dodge Viper SRT-10 Carbon
Elfin MS8 Streamliner (Already posted up 2-4 days ago
Farboud GTS
Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale
Ferrari 575M Maranello
Ferrari Enzo
Ferrari F355 GTS
Ferrari F40
Ferrari F430
Ferrari F50
Ferrari F50 GT
Ferrari GTO Evoluzione
Ferrari Testarosssa
Ford GT40 MK1
Ford GT90 (Already posted up nearly a week ago)
Ford GT
Ford Mustang GT-R Concept
Ford Shelby Cobra GT500
Ford SuperCar Concept
Ford SVT Mustang Cobra R
Jaguar XJ220
Jaguar XKR
Joss Supercar
Honda NSX GT2(street Version)
Koenigsegg CCV8S (Posted up 2-5 days ago)
Koenigsegg CCR
Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary
Lamborghini Diablo VT 6.0
Lamborghini Diablo GT
Lamborghini Gallardo
Lamborghini Miura P400
Lamborghini Murcielago
Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT
Lotus Elise GT1
Lotus Esprit (Posted up today & Yesterday)
Maserati GranSport
Maserati MC12
McLaren F1 LM
Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR
Mercedes-Benz SLR Mclaren
Nissan Skyline GT-R Concept
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nur
Nissan R390 GT1
Noble M400
Noble M14
Palmer Sport JP1
Pagani Zonda C12-S 7.3
Panoz Esperante GTLM
Panoz Esperante GTR1 (street)
Radical SR3 Turbo
RUF CTR 2
RUF CTR Yellow Bird
RUF R Turbo
Ruf SuperCar concept
Saleen S281E
Saleen S7
Shelby Cobra Concept
Shelby GR-1 Concept
Shelby Mustang GT-500
Spyker C8 Double 12 S
Toyota GT-One
TVR Sagaris
TVR Typhon
TVR Cerbera Speed 12
Ultima GTR
Volkswagen W12 Coupe (Nardo) Concept
Wiesmann GT

PGR3 Booster pack cars

Aston Martin V8 Vantage (Already posted up 1-2 weeks ago)
Audi RS 4 (Already posted up 1-2 weeks ago)
Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe
Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
Lamborghini Gallardo SE
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII FQ-400
Nissan NISMO R34GT-R Z-Tune
Pontiac GTO
Radical SR8
RUF RT12
Saleen S7 Twin Turbo

TVR&Ferrari_Fan
Nice joking, but they do not look like toy cars to me. Now some people, that really clean up GT4 cars make there shots look like toy cars. (I,m not naming who those people are)

But many of the cars in game, are made out of fibre class.

Which look shiny and plastic, when there is a lot of sunlight on them. While being in the shadows, in other words many cars in the shadows do not show many highlights. Anyway here is an example:

Diecast model Car

PW457RED-MI.JPG

V

vipers011jd.jpg

But remember Fyffe, I am not having a go at you. I am just putting my point out, and also remember i am trying to improve my PGR3 shots more.

So I can really show, what the PGR3 cars look like on a HDTV. And to show PGR3 is the better looking, and the more real looking game then GT4.

Maybe some people cannot see much difference on a SDTV, but it is a different story on HDTV. Even in 720p or 1080i.

Also I may take some shots when running the game at 720p, to see if it makes a difference to my PGR3 photomode shots.

The cars looks like toy cars imo because of how he shot is taken, it looks like you are lying on the ground just a few inches away from the cars. The cars have much reality, they seem to be real. the shot is really great, but the angle made them look like toy cars. I hope that you understand drivel:) (sorry, for my bad english:crazy: )

And one more thing... I would like to see some shots of Lotus Elise motorsport:D (GT4)

lmracer
definetly the ariel or maserati
You need to decide which model lm, thats the whole fun of requesting. Anyway here is the 2nd part of the V8 Vantage.

Aston Martin

Click for full size version

Fyffe
The cars looks like toy cars imo because of how he shot is taken, it looks like you are lying on the ground just a few inches away from the cars. The cars have much reality, they seem to be real. the shot is really great, but the angle made them look like toy cars. I hope that you understand drivel:) (sorry, for my bad english:crazy: )

And one more thing... I would like to see some shots of Lotus Elise motorsport:D (GT4)
You know there is no lye down feature in the garages part of PGR3 photomode, that shot was fully zoomed out. Which was the only way to get them in the shot.

So it looks like I tricked you into thinking it was tooken on the ground, when indeed it was not Fyffe lol. And remember I am not having a go at you buddy.

Oh and Fyffe has the last GT4 photomode request spot, that just leaves 2 PGR3 photomode request spots.

RcWr
Hrm.....Why? :roll:
To challange those people, who do not like PGR3. Anyway back onto the update, I may even sometime tell you lot how i did that bonnet colour trick.

What do you think of the first shot, which Icall the first shot:

Vantage got a bit sick

Also thanxs for the comments, guys there is still 2 request a car in PGR3 photomode spots open folks.

well, the shot isn't bad. but the shot dosen't speak to me, the rims looks great and the hood... hmm... I don't now. If you hade have the hood white (but still as shiny that it is now) and the rest of the colors like it is now would be better imo.

:cheers:

Ok the bonnet was not white at first, you may go wtf or how. But it is true, i used the sun light and did some moding to the sunlight's colour as well as some of the other colours. Which did not take long to do, and it was not even hard to do as well.

Oh and LM I still need you to pick a model, out of your request.

Anyway here is my artist week 7 comp entry:

Some info on the week 7 comp entry:

20 mins before I finished working on this remix. It was so big, it crashed my photoshop 7. After a restart I remembered, something was eating up way too much of my memory.

Anyway before it was resized, its total res was past 5k+ by 1k+. With a file size of 7MB+, yeah crazy I know lol.

To challange those people, who do not like PGR3. Anyway back onto the update, I may even sometime tell you lot how i did that bonnet colour trick

I don't think u'll change their opinions.. Actually you will not change my opinion too , so.. ;)

I like a challenge, i reckon give it time and i will. But belive me you need to see it on a HDTV, to see it in its full glory.

Plus even when transfered, the shots look better on my PC via my HDTV at 1080i. Even if you looked at it on a LCD/TFT Monitor or CRT monitor, it would not still look better then on a HDTV.

Most likely just before summer, which is not far away. Anyway I still have GT4 running, so I think i will begin work on another update now guys.

And Fyffe, the near ghostly white adds to the title of the first Vantage shot. Which I will repeat, and the title once again is Vantage got a bit sick.

Some nice pics, TVR. But about PGR3 I totally agree with 440's post. 👍

Still a request spot open? Well, you still have it in your title so....

Testarossa, while driving please. :)

I just loved that 1:18 model ten years back. Gool ol' times.

sejtur
Some nice pics, TVR. But about PGR3 I totally agree with 440's post. 👍

Still a request spot open? Well, you still have it in your title so....

Testarossa, while driving please. :)

I just loved that 1:18 model ten years back. Gool ol' times.
But sejtur, have you ever played it on a HDTV, remember both GT4 & PGR3 shots do not show there full detail when transferred. Then what they looked like on any TV, I like a challenge.

So I am aiming to improve the shots, while showing what they look like on a HDTV. By photoshoping them. Maybe the amount of polygons are overloading some people’s brains lol, but like a

ll racing games.

Some cars look more real then others in PGR3, and use the polygons better then others.

Also the devs of PGR3 had a set deadline, so they had to rush some of the cars. Just like in GT4. But I think i may know a way to improve the rims, with out editing them. Since people like 440, said the rims ruin the car. Same has to be said about GT4's rims.

Anyway here is the Pao.

Nissan

Click on small pic, to see full size version.

Click on small pic, to see full size version.

P.S: Also some of the rims in PGR3, use the polygons better then others. But like I said before devs had a set deadline, so some of the rims were rushed.

Last thing, some people who clean there shots up. While having to remodel the lines on some of the GT4 cars, make some of there shots look toony or toy car like.

I,m not naming which galleries. Oh and I remembered something else, since PGR3 has more detail aswell as more polygons.

It is bound to take more work, to take the shots to the next level through PS7. While GT4 has less polygons then PGR3. Which does help out, when trying to take the shots to the next level in PS7.

----

Sejtur has a PGR3 photomode request spot, ok sejtur since some of my best GT4 work has come from requests. Since I work even harder on peoples requests, so i can plz them.

You may finally start to see my better and true PGR3 shots come to life, in both yours and lm's request. In other words I will be working even more on the PGR3 cars request shots, so i can plz people.

And mainly lm and sejtur.

Back