TVR&FF's Photomode and Video Zone - 14th November: News "Final"

• Thread starter Pebb
  • 3,856 comments
I'm going to pop-in here to say my opinion.

As a lot of you know (well, maybe not you guys as a lot of you don't go anywhere else on GTPlanet), I do have a 360, PGR3 and a HDTV to play it on. You do need a HDTV to see the real difference really, as there isn't a big leap from GT4 on a normal TV. I agree the cars do look a little toony, in the way like Forza was. They are bright and colourful, no matter what setting you put on your TV. They do look better in dimmer light, but somehow they still don't feel right, they have this un-real feel to them like you don't get in GT4. I'd have to say the same with the backgrounds, like the grass and trees, but they are superbly detailed, especially so for the buildings. The amount of polygons you have on a car are irrelevant too really, it's the way you use them; GT4's cars still look very good, despite them having very much less than what they have in PGR3.

I totally agree it looks better than GT4, you'd have to be insane not to agree IMO, but what I've mentioned above makes GT4 look and feel more real in some places. You'd have to see PGR3 in action to properly know what it's like.

Right lmracer you gransport it is, but G.T if you look at some of the cars in GT4. Some use the polygons better, then others.

Same with PGR3, some of the cars used the polygons better then others, while not being rushed. And some of the PGR3 cars were rushed, same applies to GT4.

And a mix of cars were rushed in GT4, both game devs had set deadlines to go by. But like I said before, i am looking to improve my shots. Aswell, as testing out different settings in PGR3.

So I can get the best balance in my shots, i will even see if using 720p or 1080i will make the cars better looking. Since 720p has a lower res, while having less jagged edges then 1080i.

I just wonder if using an lower res in 720p, will make the cars look more real. Due to the shots still have great detail, but less of a cut out look then 1080i.

P.S: I will even try to use a narrower angle shot much more in my future PGR3 shots, to try and hide the rims a bit more.

BTW, just to let you know, PGR3 only supports 720p, so it shouldn't make any difference. Look on the back of the box. ;)

Sorry to say , but I think you are a fanboy :roll:
I personaly don't give a **** how many polygons has PGR3 and how it looks at HDTV. So far I think GT4 looks better (that's just my opinion 👍 ).
So if u want me to say "PGR3 is better" , forget this ;)

PEACE mate :cheers:

I am no fanboy, i am just putting out the true point. Put GT4 against PGR3 on a Pal PS2 and Pal 360, on both a Pal HDTV and SDTV side by side in both different settings.

Then you would see PGR3 wins more votes, due to the hardware which is being used. And the amount of time 1 car takes to design in game, and if i was a fanboy then i would not be playing both GT4 and PGR3.

Plus I would not be playing on a PS2, don't bring up fanboy stuff plz. Give PGR3 a bad angle, and bad settings then GT4's soft shadows will just make GT4 look better.

But give PGR3 shots a great angle, and good settings. Then well PGR3 will look better, and lm you know most peoples galleries are photoshoped images.

Which is why it must look better to you in places. And also I am just putting out my own thoughts, i am not having a go at you rcwr.

G.T
BTW, just to let you know, PGR3 only supports 720p, so it shouldn't make any difference. Look on the back of the box. ;)
True, but when it is on a TV. The games res get a bit stretched, due to some 360 system data.

TVR&Ferrari_Fan
I am no fanboy,

Well actually the definition of fanboy is

fanboy = a person who is much more than a fan... a person who actually imitates/copys the object of their fanaticism... a person who identifies him/herself with their object of their fanaticism.

Now you identify yourself on GTP as TVR&Ferrari_Fan so yes you are a Fanboy :lol:

Spec....

No RcWr thought I was a PGR3 fanboy, when in fact i am not. And fan boys praise everything, every sec and every day of the week. If I was a PGR3 fanboy, then you would not be seeing any GT4 shots.

So stop bringing the whole fanboy thing up, because people will get bored of it. Ok here is a brand new PGR3 update; I took this in 720p with some new settings.

Cadillac

Plus you forgot about the 2 car makers in my username, so it does not class me as a fanboy, if it was just one game or car company in my name. Then you could say other things.

Anyway the 2nd part of the Cadillac Sixteen Concept may be up this weekend folks.

P.S: Remember fan boys stick with one thing, an example is people who love PS2 over Microsoft. And never buy any Microsoft consoles, while slaging off Microsoft consoles are classed as fanboys.

TVR&FF has only stated the facts that PGR3 looks better than GT4, weather he is or isn't a fanboy is only relevent when he starts a: stating opinion as fact and b: stating that things that arn't correct, as being true. And sure, he may be a fanboy when it comes to TVR's and Ferrari's, but that's still irrelevent to this topic.

PGR3 is technically far superior to GT4, it's graphics are better, if you prefer the look of GT4 over PGR3, that's an opinion and it's okay to think that, to say GT4's graphics are better than PGR3 is stating sometheing as a fact and it's not true, effectively putting yourself in the category of fanboy.

I have never said that GT4 graphics are better.. I just think that GT4 creators made much better work with less polygons and I like natural more than shiny , bling-bling cars..:roll:

Nice Cadillac there , but as always.. No realisim at all.. Lighting is far too bright and blurry ;)

Specialized
Well actually the definition of fanboy is

fanboy = a person who is much more than a fan... a person who actually imitates/copys the object of their fanaticism... a person who identifies him/herself with their object of their fanaticism.

Now you identify yourself on GTP as TVR&Ferrari_Fan so yes you are a Fanboy :lol:

Spec....
:lol: Pure pwnage...
When I was reading the red texted part I was about say tha t:dopey:

TVR&Ferrari_Fan
Ok here is a brand new PGR3 update; I took this in 720p with some new settings.

Does it make a difference what you take the picture in? The 720p is just the rate of the scanlines in your HDTV. It should'nt have an effect on the placement of pixels in your jpeg image. Unless the XBox 360 does some crazy kind of file writing...

And those Cady shots are mighty shiny... They look pretty nice.

RcWr
I have never said that GT4 graphics are better.. I just think that GT4 creators made much better work with less polygons and I like natural more than shiny , bling-bling cars..:roll:

Nice Cadillac there , but as always.. No realisim at all.. Lighting is far too bright and blurry ;)
Thats because its got lots of skylights in it.

@live4speed Thanxs for your input, we all have are own thoughts on graphics in games. But at the moment in the gaming world, i would have to still go with better gameplay over graphics.

Tetris shows, that it may not look nice. But it has one of the most classic games, with one of the best pieces of gameplay in a puzzle game.

@HKS-V I so enjoyed working on the Pao, its fun to go back to the cheap cars once in a while. That Pao I tuned, has about nearly 600kg of weight.

And about 115BHP.

@franz Thanxs buddy, I must say the 16 uses polygons better then the last car i used in PGR3 photomode.

@Cosmic Cosmic don't go all CS on me.

@RcWr To add, to what i said. Maybe its the HDR, which is making it shiny in your eyes. Your lucky I did not take a shot of the sun in that garage lol.

Or you would be blinded by the light.

@lmracer I never played the gransport in game yet, its going to be fun to hear its sweet engine.

@440 Thanxs for the comment.

-----

Anyway guys here is a neat tool for your photomode gallery shots:

http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/

This tool uses the same stuff, which billboard people use. What I mean by this is, well it makes the pixels bigger in any pictures.

This allows you to create big posters, out of different sizes of paper. Best of all its free, once you upload the picture to there server.

Or link its server to a picture, it then asks how many peices of paper you want to use for your big or giant poster.

And then downloads it into a PDF file. I am so tempted to use this tool, to maybe use one of my past GT4 shots.

----

I will look to do some drift racing on PGR3 real soon guys, which will get mixed into some of my future PGR3 shots. I will also try to get some shots, of the madness i see at times online.

One last thing, at the weekend I will begin typing up my review of the top 5 galleries. Which I like to look at.

Guys I am buying other future booster packs for PGR3, once they are out. Rumours are saying 3 of the cars in the next booster pack are:

XLR-V, STS-V, and CTS-V aswell as some others.

Rumours are also saying the 3rd booster pack will be called Style pack, and that these will be the cars in it:

BMW M3 CSL
BMW M6
BMW Z8
Chrysler Firepower Concept
Ferrari Daytona
Gumpert Apollo Coupe 4.2 V8
Maybach Exelero Concept
Mercedes-Benz DTM C-Class
Morgan Aeromax
RUF R.K. Spyder 3.8
Shelby AC Cobra
Vanwall GPR V12

Nissan Pao... well the car is ugly.. but some great shots the last is my favorite. That caddillac looks awesome man:tup:

btw. when do you think my Lotus will be up:D

Just before summer, you cannot rush requests. Since I do some of my best work during photomode requests.

Gallery News - 1st May 06

Work will begin on the requests next week or 2, also sorry for a bit of a delay on the 2nd part of the 16 concept. But at the moment I am crossing off the days on my calander, before my Sky HD set top box is installed.

Anyway work should begin on the 2nd part of the 16 concept this Tuesday guys.

Latest Posts

Back