MAGBURNER: Incisions Beyond Motion. NEW UPDATE 27.09.10 SOMETHING DIFFERENT

• Thread starter magburner
  • 707 comments
Thanks for all the comments and view, they are much appreciated. 👍

@NTX1982: Thanks man. I shot this picture on the vivid setting, something I don't normally do. I think it came out ok. 👍

@PLmatt91: Thanks man. 👍

@djskyline701: Yeah, kind of... This pic was taken on Grand Valley reverse, and after the long straight, and loads of nos, I realised, that the car wasn't going to stop! I tried an ad-hoc drift, but then realised that I had poor sports tires, and instead of drifting neatly around the corner, I kinda flew into it! Many collisions and spins later, I finally ended up by the cones that mark off the East section of the track! 👍

@throttlehappy: Didn't you know, its better to drift on the grass...? :sly: Thanks man. 👍

@appie: Thanks appie. 👍

@De@tthwi§ho0: Thanks man. 👍

@mavi: Thanks man. 👍

'Crescit Eundo'

RUF RIDER
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All-righty! Here is the RUF RGT update I promised a while back, and (as usual) failed to deliver on time. :sly: I Haven't got to much to say about this update, as I am happy with the look, except I've used the soft blur enough for now. After the next couple of updates, I will revert to my former less blurred style, with the added twist of vivid saturation - something I have used very little of so far. I also have a couple of motion blur pics post soon, look out for them! Anyway, I hope you like my interpretations. :dopey:

RUF RGT '00

mag546ag.jpg

mag556ra.jpg

mag569fa.jpg

mag572hd.jpg

mag580fq.jpg

mag593xm.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check back, from time-to-time for updates!
Take care, magburner.

Awesome update mate:drool: Fantastic,, those rims are awesome and the color on your RUF is fantastic:drool: I love em all,, and I think your doing a good thing with changing your style a bit,, I expect some great things:)
Keep em coming:dopey:

Great work in this gallery. I think my favorites are your work on the Corvette. I also like that you change your editing, and don't follow one particular style. It makes for more of an art gallery rather than a catalog of templates.

Thanks for the comments in my first gallery.

-Dahze

Viewed the most recent 100 posts.

Competition entries looked nice.

All of them are good. I wish I knew how to make the rims shine.
Anyway, I hope those images had neccessary blur.

You know that HKS shot would've been damn boring if it wasn't taken on the grass, while you are saying it's not that good because of that. I love it, nice little detail:tup: One of the best drift pictures out there!

Nice update, but why did you use Pink. But were you by chance unwell when you chose the pink colour lol.

Thanks for the comments and view, they are much appreciated. 👍

@De@tthwi§ho0: Thanks man. I've finally saettled on my new style, it will a mix of my old style along with some more artistic type shots. I hope you like 'em. 👍

@smithgraphix: Thanks man. 👍

@appie: Thanks appie. 👍

@RcWr: I know, this is the last update with those rims for a LONG time. :sly: Thanks man. 👍

@garnettrules21: Thanks man. Hey, I just noticed your siggie! I'm honoured that you would think my interpretations are that good. That's a distinguished club of artists. 👍

@dahze_dichriste: Thanks, man. Most of my images have been edited almost identically, even though they look different. 👍

@Dick Steel: Thanks man. 👍

@Krame: Thanks man, alas I'm growing bored of the soft look, and will return shortly, with sharper more defined images. 👍

@throttlehappy: Thanks man, it is striking isnt it? 👍

@pzygho_freak: thanks man. 👍

@Niels: The HKS shot is kinda growing on me, I like the angle, just wish it was on the road a little more. Then again, there is nothing wrong with a wipeout every now and then! 👍

@TVR&Ferrari_Fan: :D It's a really striking colour, and after tests, I found it to be best suited for the update. Thanks man. 👍

@PLmatt91: Thanks man. 👍

'Crescit Eundo'

EXPERIMENTAL BLURS

Hello again! I have some experimental blurs to post up, not all of them are perfect, but I hope you can see where I am heading with them. I've learned a lot creating these, and hoepfully my next blurs will be even better. Ok, I won't say to much more as each image has a small narrative underneath.. I hope you like my interpretations.

LEAD PURSUIT

blur13cw.jpg

This was my first attempt at 'round the corner' blur, and to make it that tad harder, I thought I'd include multiple cars.
I'm not entirely happy with the blur effect, as it looks a little odd down the left side of the picture.

---

HI-LO

blur20xo.jpg

As the name suggests, this picture has high saturation, and low contrast. I used some of the techniques I used for my blur comp entry for this, and on top of that, I decided to go for a more artistic look. This is probably my favorite of all the blur pics.

---

SLIPSTREAM

blur31it.jpg

For this image I thought that I'd try to create a 'tunnel effect' that made the car look like it was in the slipstream or the car in front. To achive this, I created a simple radial spin blur, and blended it into the finished picture.

---

MIND THE KERB!

blur44do.jpg

Along with Hi-Lo, this is one of my favourite blurs. I like the angle alot, but there are still improvements I could make to this shot. It was never mean't to be an 'around the corner' blur, instead I focussed on a camera that was moving across and away from the kerb. I feel that the road is a little over emphasised compared to the rest of the image, and the vanishing point of the blur is not nearly far enough away from the main subject. I am also trying out some new techniques to create a slightly more transparent shadow.

---

HYPERSPEED

blur54dj.jpg

I was inspired to create this image, after seeing sejtur's awesome blur pic featuring this car. I orginally intended for the car to look like it was going really fast, but the separation between the car and the sky takes away the sensation of speed. I also added some effects to the sky to add to the sense of speed.

---

SIDE ON

blur64wb.jpg

Last but not least is this simple side-on motion blur pic. Apart from the scenery in the background being blurred, I also added blur to the side window, as it had a rather static reflection of a tree. I also added blur to the section of the main window that the arnco barrier was visible through.

Check back, from time-to-time for updates!
Take care, magburner.

I love the 3rd and 4th from bottom shots the most, oh and Mag I did not expect to be awake now. But when you get the chance, can you please have another look at my gallery sometime.

Because its a while since you last dropped by Mag.

the hi-low and mind the kerb pics dropped my jaw! i love 'em! fantastic job, and im glad to see you getting better and exparimenting with blurs! that means more awesome work from you to come! cant wait... make some full screen! :D

Nice creativity among all the shots!!! Your not too far off from getting that blurring techinque down pat. I still am working on different techniques as you can see with my lastest update. Great work as usual my friend 👍!

Back