MAGBURNER: Incisions Beyond Motion. NEW UPDATE 27.09.10 SOMETHING DIFFERENT

• Thread starter magburner
  • 707 comments
the Astra TC one looks very nice, the spiky blur and the high saturation make it perfect, but i must say the Merc looks the best. The sharp radial is perfect.
The pics are amazing. Nice gallery.

I really like all of them except the curb one, it's not a great angle for blurring.
Great job, though.

Wow, Thanks for all the comments and views, they are much appreciated. 👍 The 'Experimental Blur' update was as much about just posting my interpretations, as it was about feeling the mood for these kinds of image. I've learned a lot doing this update, but I've also learned alot about what you guys think too. Ive almost mastered the blur technique, but I still have a long way to go in regard to the concept. Thanks again for your feedback. 👍

@TVR&Ferrari_Fan: Thanks man. I know I've been a stranger round your gallery, but I've left some comments now (great updates BTW!). 👍

@GT40 MKII: Thanks man. 👍

@LGforce: Thanks man. 👍

@lmracer: Thanks man. Both of those were my favorite blurs too, I'm glad you liked them! 👍 My next set of blurs (sometime in the future) will include some wallpaper sized versions too. Look out for them! 👍

@PERFECT BALANCE: Thanks man. That my aim, improve, improve, improve! 👍

@garnettrules21: Thanks man. I've still some way to go yet. When I can equal 440 chargers shots for quality - which is a tall order! Then I'll be happy. Until then, I'll try to keep improving. 👍

@mavi: Thanks man. 👍

@throttlehappy: Thanks man. 👍

@De@tthwi§ho0: Thanks man. 👍

@Dick Steel: Thanks man. 👍

@dahze_dichriste: Thanks man. 👍

@gabibyte: Thanks man. 👍

@PLmatt91: I was hoping you could be a little more clearer with your comment, but no worry. I will admit that not all of the images were of the same quality, but as the title of this update suggests, it was as much an experiment in the technique as it was with peoples opinions. 👍

@Vonie: Althought the angle of 'Mind The Kerb' is different from the usual blur angles, I was trying to add a little more action into the stale formula. I'm most impressed with that Image, as there is a lot more action in it that other blurs I've seen, but the quality of the blur itself, could of been a lot better. 👍

@RcWr: Thanks man. 👍

'Crescit Eundo'

BREAD AND BUTTER
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right then! I have another update for you, this time the hero is the Saleen S7. I fitted the gold wire 'bling' rims agian, and chosen black for the colour, as I feel the reflections on the car suit that colour the best. I've further split the update into two halves. The New York images were shot a month ago with the mature setting, and the Midfield images were shot just last night using the vivd setting.

I've also re-written my Photoshop action, to make the images clearer, and as you will notice, I have decided to use less blur than I have been of late. Infact, for this update, I've used none at all! Anyway, on with the show - I hope you like my interpretations. :dopey:

Saleen S7 '02

mag604uv.jpg

mag617vi.jpg

mag625mq.jpg

mag634ho.jpg

mag641yz.jpg

mag657jm.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check back, from time-to-time for updates!
Take care, magburner.

Those blurs are pretty damn nice man. They're not perfect but I bet some people get inspiration from that. I like the merc pic the most, with the spin blur applied. Maybe I have to play around with blur some more too. 👍

BTW I'm very flattered that you got inspired from my GT-One pic. It looks pretty Div-ish to be honest. Maybe you shouldve made it lighter, because of more sense of speed.

Your new update looks very clean. I want to shoot that car now too.

Those blur experiments are very good. Most of them look really nice like the merc shot. The new update is nice as well. The lighting is perfect as always and the reflections look really good on that car.

What can I say?! Simply amazing, one of your best pics in my opinion:) Nice details in all pics, WOW!! Bring more.

Fantastic work:drool: The reflections on the car are just awesome,, and so are the rims,, They really stand out,, especially in the last shot:drool: Which is my favourite,, closely followed by the drift pic:)
Awesome and keep up:dopey:

LMAO@Topic name :lol:
Very nice pics! 👍 Didn't even think about S7 + Bling-Bling wheels...:roll: ....But here it looks AMAZING :eek: Really great job my friend ;)

Thanks for all the comments and views, they are much appreciated (but then you already knew that!) 👍

@Niels: Thanks man. 👍

@sejtur: Thanks man. 👍 Those blurs were a big test for me to see if I could try and improve on the technique. I've still got things to learn like the perspective and the speed of the blur, but I think I got the basics. The GT-One pic was more of a car inspriation than the look of it. I thought I'd try a dark blur, as I haven't seen to many of them. 👍

@Krame: Thanks man. The Merc pics seem to be the hit of that update, a lot of people said they like them! 👍

@garnettrules21: Thanks man. 👍

@PLmatt91: Thanks man. 👍

@NTX1982: Thanks man. 👍 I've got more coming asap! :sly:

@appie17: Thanks again for all the drool appie! 👍

@Div is back: Thanks man. 👍

@throttlehappy: Thanks man. 👍

@De@tthwi§ho0: Thanks man. 👍 I was in two mids about the last pic, it looks good, but different to the other NY shots, I like it though, because it is so smooth. 👍

@RcWr: Yeah, the topic name is kinda unusual, but I thought it was apt as I was returning to what I (try and) do my best aka my 'Bread and Butter'. I like those bling wheels, they look good when rotating. I have another update with those wheels, but that is a couple of days away yet. 👍

@Dick Steel: Thanks man. 👍

'Crescit Eundo'

TREACLE ON TOAST
'You either love it or hate it!'

Another update so soon? :D Here is a Shibuya update for the S7, and as a change to the concept, I thought I'd try something a little different. I haven't got too much to say about these as they are more artistic than accurate. Basically, I like the look, do you guys? I hope you like my imterpretations. :dopey:

Saleen S7 '02

mag672mh.jpg

mag666mi.jpg

mag680yy.jpg

mag696zn.jpg

mag705bh.jpg

Check back, from time-to-time for updates!
Take care, magburner.

That is one of the best S7 set of shots I have seen in a while, the only thing that ruins it is the rims.

:( only three comments? Oh well...

@Vonie: Thanks man. 👍

@TVR&Ferrari_Fan: Thanks man. 👍 I don't know about the wheels to be honest. They look good in rotation, and they kinda look good standing still. Just thought 'id try something diffenent. 👍

@PLmatt91: :D I have a soft spot for that shot too. I like how the light reflects on the rims, and the reflection on the far rear end of the car looks neat too. 👍

OK, I'm off to shoot a pic for the 2.0 comp, and I may have a mini-Le-Mans update later tonight too. Until then, take care, magburner.

looks great! the first and last pics are the ones i liked the most. its very cool to have that car dark, and have the rims shiny. shibuya is the perfect atmosphere to take pics like that. 👍

Back