Greycap's Greatest Snapshots - Updated 020608 - Mercedes Benz 300SL-C

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 946 comments
Dorifto~Dan - Thank you! The learning is infinite, I'm not at my top level yet either. :)

eastley - One more vote for the last picture, thanks!

nosturbo - You might be more right than you even realize, but we'll see. And no, no clues because I don't even have them myself. :lol:

De@tthwi§ho0 - The white car worked well with this cold look, thanks! And please wipe your own puddles from the floor when you leave. :D

Been there, De@tthwi§ho0. I'm glad I was able to help. :)

Now I have clues about the next update (in fact a series of them), they will feature quickish Japanese cars. :D

Nice, Greycap.
I like the not-super-saturated look they have.
The body lean is great in the first big one & the last thumb.

Thank you, thank you. :)

This is a re-shoot of one of my earliest updates, I thought it deserved a second chance. It also opens my latest project, a series of JGTC photo collections.

Toyota WedsSport Celica '03 JGTC GT300

I tried to make this a quality over quantity update, I hope I succeeded. Please leave a comment, be it good or bad. :)

You never fail to impress Rene. The first photo is very clean with alot of detail and is my favorite in this update. Also i like the "Dunlop Corner" shot too as its a little different to most photos. The Detail on the second shot is also very, very good.

Its always a pleasure to come and view your updates! Keep it up and someday you will be as good as me........or have i got that the wrong way round? :lol:

Spec....

PS the new avatar is looking good!

Cool pics, the 1st thumb probably is my favourite. 👍 Of this car I really like how the wheels look when moving. The dunlop corner pic is really nice too.

good lookin car, but im not sure about its color. :crazy: maybe it would look more at peace in a different environment, like a city, or something of that nature. its just way too blue and yellow! however the color of the car does not affect the fact that those are commendable pics bro!

Specialized - Thank you, thank you. I even impressed myself with this set, I think it's one of my best what comes to bringing the colours to life. :)

Dick Steel - Thanks, I will.

sejtur - The wheels are nice indeed, they are the perfect combination of visible and invisible.

De@tthwi§ho0 - Thanks! Been there, done that, and more is on its way. :)

lmracer - Different people have different opinions! I appreciate your comment, it always takes more self-confidence to dislike the pictures and say it. 👍 For me, the colour is probably the thing that appeal to me the most and I really wanted to shoot it on a race track, preferably on a Japanese one.

The rest of you - You haven't been forgotten, thanks for commenting!

The series is going to continue in a few days, as soon as I get a new car.

I like this one very much! I've always liked the colour scheme of this car, and you've done it full justice. The first shot is probably my favourite - I've always been partial to tilted-camera shots, and the vivid colours of the track with the detail on the car makes it look almost perfect! :)

I like the Dunlop Corner one too, very original!

Keep up the good work 👍

DE

PoliniJake - Thank you! *writing one more visitor name into the book*

Dark Elite - Thanks, this set was much better than the one I did in the early days of my gallery. Colour really was the key here. :)

TVR&Ferrari_Fan - Thanks, I will.

Shots taken for various competitions

Callaway C12

Nismo GT-R R-Tune

Peugeot 205T16

- Pictures have been edited, they were unedited in the competitions -

As you may have noticed, this gallery isn't going to have a brilliant future as the updates are becoming rarer and rarer. I apologize for not making the JGTC series I planned, it would have been good but I've had so many other things to do that it had to be abandoned.

I think I can now officially announce that my gallery will be at least quite deserted if not completely closed from July 10th because of my armed service. Until then I try to do some more of these updates, not big ones but the shots are some of my best ever.

Enjoy, and please comment. :cheers:

👍 Very nice shots Greycap, its been a while. I like the calloway pic, the first GTR shot, and the angle on the second Pug is fantastic! Keep 'em coming! :dopey:

It's quite sad to see you go:( You make some great pics every update:)
Of your last update,, I like......all of them:)
Especially the angle on that callaway drift,, and those peugeot pics are awesome:)

Actually I don't know if I'll stop completely, of course I are home once every two weeks or so so I can continue but in a smaller scale (how would it differ from the present state :P). I still like taking the pictures too much to leave it alltogether. Oh well, quality is always better than quantitiy but the best ones are those who have both quality AND quantity... :)

You can find the actual replys to your comments in a bigger reply post I'll post later. :)

I like the Callaway shot and the second 205 one, but I'm not too sure about the R-Tune - it seems to be a little dark in both of the shots.

The Callaway's angle of drift contrasts with the seemingly peaceful background very well, and it fits in on the cambered road. That's probably my favourite here 👍

DE

Thanks to the lower than estimated amount of comments, I make one of these reply posts in a quite early stage.

magburner - It really has been a while but here I am again! Thanks for the comments. :)

De@tthwi§ho0 - As I said, I may not stop completely but the pace of updating will be anything but increasing. Oh well, quality over quantity and thanks for you too!

Dark Elite - Thanks for the critics, I wanted to bring some feeling to the R-Tune pictures by the high contrast but they may have become a tad too dark, even if the car really is elite... :lol: *an attempt at a joke*

The Callaway seems to have impressed, it's a very good-looking car and you may be seeing more of it. But in the meantime, keep the comment river flowing! :)

Those shots are really good. Too bad you dont shoot that often anymore, cuz you stepped your style up a bit. 👍

I'm hoping to see more of these shots from you, if you ever are going to shoot more.

Thanks sejtur and viperpilot!

Ford RS200 Group B Rally Car '85

Right, a complete update after a long while, and the first with my "new" technique I developed about a month ago. The technical change isn't so visible but you may notice the increased quality of pictures. The big pictures are links to full size ones, not just to the ImageShack home page like usually.

I also tried a new border style, even uploaded the complete set with it... viperpilot and Leonidae were the only ones to comment on it. Magburner saw it too but didn't say anything. Immediately after uploading it I began thinking that the old ones might have been better, and they were. It's my style and I'll keep it until the end, so please deal with it. :D

So, here's the version with the old style borders and one picture that wasn't included in the original post. If you want to see the borders I tried, the instructions are in my signature.

Keep the comments coming if possible. :cheers:

- R -

Back