Greycap's Greatest Snapshots - Updated 020608 - Mercedes Benz 300SL-C

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 946 comments
not bad pics, not bad at all. obviously inspired due our group b-themed chatter yesterday.. but the new frames.. I don't like them. they look way too old. it could work if the pics would be black and white though.. đź’ˇ

Very nice shots man! I like the quality of these! I've never given that car much thought before, but your pics have made me look at it in a new light. đź‘Ť Keep 'em coming! :dopey:

Surprised that a rally car could look so good there.
I like all the thumbs and the last big one.
Awesome shots, Greyc.

Nice! The thing that enjoys me watching your pics is that you put elements of the track in it too. With that said, 1st pic's my fav. :)

The thing I like too is that you shoot a rallycar at the nurb. đź‘Ť

Pictures are all about small details, and little quality improvements.
In my opinion, the quality is very noticable, and it's a very good update;)đź‘Ť

those are awesome greycap...nice job...curious but what track is the first shot of the ford taken on? I'm thinking the 'ring like the others but not sure

I'm digging the RS200 shots. nice. I really like the first one. Has a bit of an older photo feel to it.

viperpilot - Thank you!

Leonidae - Actually this set has its roots in another situation but yes, the chatter played some role too. About the borders, I edited the first post.

magburner - Thanks, it's one of my favourite cars when it comes to looks. Now I just need to make it drive well! :)

PERFECT BALANCE - Oh well, I forgot to lower the car... but thanks to you too!

GeorgeMorley - Thank you, đź‘Ť for taking a look at the opening page too!

Vonie - Thanks, the last big one may be the best shot of the set.

sejtur - Scenery shots until the very end! I thought that these cars should be given a chance to be driven on racing tracks too and your comment shows that it works.

Niels - It's amazing how little tweaks make the pictures a lot better, thanks!

Ermac26 - Thanks! The first shot is from the last corner of Nürburgring, coming to the finish straight. :)

Syntax error - Thank you, thank you, the first photo seems to have attracted quite a lot of attenton here.

No no, this post doesn't mean that this update is history! More comments are always welcome. Oh, and if someone is wondering about the level of editing - only brightness and contrast. :)

Rene,

Ive been a friend and a fan of your gallery for a while now yet you never seem to surprise me each time. I find your gallery very refreshing to look at. Sure there are other gallerys with photoshop splashed all over the place but you just deliver great shot after great shot with what seems mininal editing.

Great work as usual!

Ben

Another gorgeous update, Rene... Brilliant work, I'm trying to come up with an outright favourite, and it's very hard - I like the angle you took going into Flugplatz, I bet that took some holding! :D

About the new border, I don't think I like it as much as your previous style... As you know, I see your previous style a couple of times a day and I quite like it ;)

I think if I had to choose a single shot, it's gonna be the middle thumb in the last trio - A fairly original angle, emphasizing the sunset and dark greens, and showing the way the Nordschleife undulates and cambers all the time. And speaking of camber, we've got a nice bit of body lean on the car as well, just as you let off the right-hand lock at full throttle. Yes, it's a dark photo, but it looks like it was meant to be. Suits the car very well, I think, and I reckon it's my favourite.

_sp_sign0173.gif

DE

I love the last shot the most, keep up the great work. Oh and Grey please have another check at some of my lastest updates please.

Specialized - Thank you! What can I say at that? And the line continues with the new update, coming very soon. :)

Dark Elite - Thanks, you seem to have taken quite a sharp look! I really like the vertical shot myself too, it's very peaceful while the car is travelling through the forests.

niallz06 - No, I don't want it, why do you think I have postponed sending that PM for three months? :odd:

TVR&Ferrari_Fan - Thanks, I will.

RUF RGT '00

One more picture set, the car has played a big role for me in the past two weeks and thus it deserved to be the star of this update. The big pictures are links to even bigger ones again.

Comments, anyone? :cheers:

Again and Awesome update mate:tup: Last pic,, 3th thumb and first big pic are my favs,, especially the 3th thumb,, were the lighting is amazing,, great acton in some too:),, Great work;)

Excellent! I think you liked my indepth look at my favourite photo last time, so I'll give myself an excuse to stare at these pictures and give my thoughts on each of them! :cool:

The opening large photo is a very good first shot for this set, the car gives the impression of being sideways although I don't think it is. The yellow certainly goes well with the autumn colours of the track. This shot also, although you can't see much of them, discloses the rims on this car - Black rims, pale yellow car, yes please! đź‘Ť

The first thumb isn't an angle that I really like on this car, although the intensity of the photo makes up for it a little. I think this makes the car look a little wide-arsed, but I suppose it is, and it also makes it look sleek and fast.

The second thumb is a 'better' angle in my opinion, I like cars coming out from under bridges like that and the blur suits it well. The rest of the picture is extremely sharp, something that's occasionally missed on blurred photos, but here only the car is out of focus: just right. The track curves away in the background, which I like, and again the rims are shown up well among the yellow.

The third thumbnail was always going to be hard to get right - no special effects like the blurring on the second one, no angle of drift or even turn, and the car's in deep shadow. But somehow it still looks good. The car stands out, but not too much, from the moderately out-of-focus background, and is slightly right of center, giving the impression of being too fast for the photographer's hand. I think this is a photo of the car as the car, rather than the car as being driven, if you get what I mean. I like it, and the more you look at it the better it becomes.

The last thumb, aha, I knew there'd be at least one shot of this car going sideways - it is an RUF, after all! This one's good too, it gives the impression of the car being in an enclosed space and fighting to get out. No countersteer, which I think suits this situation. Somehow almost all of the car is in focus, and all of the background is, but the wheels are not - this makes them seem to be spinning very quickly, making the car look like it's going fast and hard.

The last shot of this set is a good one to end on, as usual you've selected the opening/closing photos well. Unlike the previous rear angle, this doesn't make the car look too wide. It does make it appear to have a very firm stance on the track, almost completely flat on the springs despite having just come out of a corner. Mentioning the corner brings me onto the fact that you can't see it, and thus onto my opinion that the photo is possibly too closely cropped. Although, this isn't a photo of the track, it's for the car, and the detail on the rear and the black-and-yellow arrows pointing the car forward in the background combine well with the good lighting. This is a well-planned shot, I think.

So, after going over all of the photos, it's safe to say they're all brilliant, up to your usual standard! :) It's hard, as always, to choose a favourite, but I think the first shot is probably the best - it opens this set very well, and as I said, showcases the car, the rims and the circuit very well.

Fantastic job đź‘Ť đź‘Ť

DE

WOW Dark Elite, that a way to break down each photo, stop by my gallery sometime, I would love to hear your thoughts on some of mine!!! Awesome work greycap!! Nice variety in angles and sense of speed đź‘Ť!

đź‘Ť Great update man. I like the Yellow/black combo of the whole update, its fantastic. Super stuff, keep 'em coming! :dopey:

Your pics are getting closer to the car, still you show nice stuff of the enviroment, thats like your trademark. :)

I love all pics, but what's up with the rims in thumb #4?

Garnett
WOW Dark Elite, that a way to break down each photo, stop by my gallery sometime, I would love to hear your thoughts on some of mine!
Thanks :embarrassed: (Feel free to use the red rep tick!) ;)
I'll drop by your gallery soon, especially since you've got a 400R set up recently! đź‘Ť

DE

Time to make one of these posts again!

De@tthwi§ho0 - Thanks!

PLmatt91 - There was the RS200 set too, thanks! (And about the PSP, only B & C this time ;))

Vonie - Thank you, the bridge shot shows that unusual ideas work too!

Midnight Runner - Thanks, just thanks! :)

Dark Elite - That's what I call a comment!
bigeyes.gif
Big thanks, that's really all I can say!

garnettrules21 - Thanks, I don't know about the sense of speed but that car looks fast even when parked...

magburner - Thank you, the colours worked well indeed!

DRIFT GOD - Erm, thanks, but how about a bit more words the next time? :lol: Kidding, really, that's fine!

sejtur - The angles on this track demanded getting closer, and no idea about the rims... they look weird indeed. Thanks for you too!

viperpilot - Thank you!

Anyone else wanting to share their opinion? :)

Im running out of words for your gallery. Time after time you just keep updating with quality images. The Ruf looks so smooth in those images and i especially like the blurred ruf under the bridge. Its a little different from the norm and stands out because of this

Great work and i await your next update

Spec....

Latest Posts

Back