MAGBURNER: Incisions Beyond Motion. NEW UPDATE 27.09.10 SOMETHING DIFFERENT

• Thread starter magburner
  • 707 comments
Great update!
As you say, this update covers a huge variety of styles and effects, all of which have worked very well.
They're all great and I just love 'those' rims.

Hope your PS2 gets better soon.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks for all the comments and view guys, they are much appreciated. 👍

@PLmatt91: Thanks Matt. 👍

@De@tthwi§ho0: Thanks man. The first pic is one of my faves from that set too. 👍

@Cod_Father: Thanks man. 👍

@speedy_2: Thanks man. 👍

@LGforce: Thanks man. 👍

@GTpinoyBoy: Thanks man. 👍

@nic_brix: Thanks man. Those rims will pop up from time to time, on otehr cars. For now though, I will give them a rest. As for my poorly PS2, its still buggered, so I'm stuck with what I've already got. I should have a replacement soon... 👍

@George Morley: Thanks man. You maybe right. My screen resolution is 1280*1024, it fits on one line for me. 👍

@zero00769: Thanks man. I was definitely in the zone when I created those images. They are some of my favourites from my whole gallery. 👍

OK, Give me a jiffy, and I'll post a quickie update. Until then, take care, magburner. 👍

Hello again! I seem to be taking longer to update than I used to, thats not to say I've run out of ideas, I just have other commitments that take up my time. I still have a lot of interesting concepts to explore, so keep checking back from time to time.

Gallery News

I am in the process of writing out some mini-tutorials. I have stated previously that I would write down how I create the look of my images, but time and the fact that I'm not a very good instructor has put me off the task. Now that i uderstand things better, I feel its time to lift the lid on how I do things. The mini-tutorials will cover all aspects of how I create my images, and eventually will build together to create an informative guide to the things I have discovered whilst using Photoshop. As well as the Photoshop tutorials, I plan to write a couple relating to the photomode in GT4. With luck and some peace and quite, the first mini-tutorial should be with you by the end of this week. 👍

Ok, enough babling, I hope you like my interpretations. :dopey:

JUST A QUICKIE!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AMG Mercedes 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II Touring Car '92

mag153do0.jpg

mag154iq2.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHECK BACK FROM TIME TO TIME FOR UPDATES!

oo nice...the darkness adds a pretty cool effect to it...if you get a chance, come check out my gallery, and comment on my latest pics!

EDIT: btw, im with you on lebanon's side...my father is from there, and i have family there...Stop Israeli Destruction!

Dead_Poetic
EDIT: btw, im with you on lebanon's side...my father is from there, and i have family there...Stop Israeli Destruction!

Man, I hope your family is safe over there. :scared: I'm not Lebanese myself, I'm English, but the devastation I see on TV and the net makes me angry. Hezbollah should be stopped, but not like this! 👍

i def. agree with you...i dont speak lebanese nor have i ever been to lebanon, but my dad and everyone on his side do and have...

I love the angle of the first shot, and it gave some great reflections. The second shot is pretty nice too.

I can't wait to find out some of your tecniques, I'm looking forward to the mini-tutorials. :)

Thanks for the comments and views guys, they are much appreciated. 👍

@FaLLeNAn9eL: Thanks for the A+ man. 👍

@LGforce: Thanks man. 👍

@Pink_the_Floyd: Thanks man. 👍

@nic_brix: Thanks man. The first pic is my fave of the bunch, the shadows look great on that pic. I should have a mini-tutorial up later today hopefully. 👍

@PLmatt91: Thanks Matt. I'll do the wallpaper sometime, but the tutorials will be here sooner. 👍

@noobie 4 ever: Thanks man. 👍

OK, I'm gonna sort out the first of my mini-tutorials. Until we meet again, take care, magburner. 👍

COLOUR BALANCE MINI-TUTORIAL

(From left to right: Black and White, Lime, Rusty Orange, Turquoise, and Hot Pink)

INTRODUCTION ///

I'm not one for sharing my secrets, but I thought that it was time I started. When I first started my gallery, I was just happy to create images in GT4, and post them, but very quickly, I realised that I could enhance them using Photoshop. I won't lie, I use Photoshop a lot, but I feel the adjustments I make are subtle enough to not spoil the images too much. My golden rule is 'never touch an image with a tool'. As these mini-tutorials grow you will see that I rigidly keep to that all important rule. Ok, before I do start, I would like to say this: whatever I say in these mini-tutorials is in no way definitive. Since I have taught myself, and I don't like reading instruction manuals, there might be some things I miss, or miss-represent - so be warned! 👍

These mini-tutorials will each cover small parts of my image editing process. Over time, and when used inconjunction, they will help you create images and looks similar to mine. Also, these mini-tutorials have been written in a style that encourages YOU to experiment. There will be no walk through, step-by-step guides here - use your own imagination and creativity to apply these mini-tutorials to your own image creation process. 👍 The effects I am detailing here are usually added to my picture after all other editing has taken place. It doesn't have to be though, it can be performed any time you like. The good thing about this mini-tutorial is that the effects I will show you are none destructive, and won't harm your image in any way. If you want to experiment with an image of your own, you will need a black and white one - the brighter the better (with good contrast).

COLOUR BALANCE ///

How many of you use adjustment layers? Apart from brightness and contrast, levels and maybe some curves very few of us have ventured any further than that. Hopefully after this mini-tutorial some of you will try this type of adjustment layer out too.

Colour balance can be used to slightly change the mood of a picture, or it can be used to drastically alter the look of a picture - how much it affects the image is soley down to you, so practice and imagination are the keys to success here. For this tutorial, I have decided to show its uses on black and white images, as this adjustment layer can be used to create some great vibrant colours. If you look at the images I have posted above, then you can see that there is scope to create some great colours, and it is simple to create new ones too! Some colours can be created easily, others have to be mixed, but the process is straight forward, so I'll start with a little explaination of the dialog box for this adjustment layer.

cbdialogxj7.jpg

The first thing you see are three sliders. These sliders act as percentage mixers for each colour. Move the first slider to the left, and notice how the number in the first box will turn negative and the image starts to go cyan. How much it turns, depends how far you move the slider across the bar. You can also enter a corresponding positive or negative number straight into the boxes if you want an exact mix of a certain colour. Experiment with all of the sliders to see how you can create various colours and looks. You can combine the colours too, so to create orange - a colour that there is no option for, just move the sliders towards red, and yellow. Do this with other colours to find new ones!

SHADOWS, MIDTONES, HIGHLIGHTS ///

If you want to to create some very different looks, there are options below the sliders that can add increased scope to the colours and how they are mixed. So far any colour changes you have made have only affected the midtones - as shown by the radio button that highlights that option. If you change the radio button, you can alter the colour balance of other parts of the image too. As the options suggest, you can alter the colour balance of the shadows, midtones, and highlights. select each option and adjust the colours to see how they affect your image. If you've been paying attention, you will notice that each option can be adjusted separately, and you can choose different colors, and they will all show up in your image. Experiment to find good mixes of colours!

PRESERVE LUMINOSITY ///

I told you there were gaps in my knowledge of Photoshop, and this little check box is one of them. I haven't seen any noticable difference when this check box is ticked or unticked. It might serve a purpose, but at the moment, I don't know what it might be. If anyone knows, then maybe they could share the information... :sly:

NEXT TIME ///

In the next mini-tutorial, I will show you how the colour balance adjustment layer and its corresponding blend mode can be used in conjunction to change how the colour is finalized. In addition to this, I will show you how the layer blend mode can dramatically change the look of your images - Layer blend modes are a core part of my image editing process - especially for night/dark images. Until then, take care, magburner.

magburner
PRESERVE LUMINOSITY ///
I told you there were gaps in my knowledge of Photoshop, and this little check box is one of them. I haven't seen any noticable difference when this check box is ticked or unticked. It might serve a purpose, but at the moment, I don't know what it might be. If anyone knows, then maybe they could share the information... :sly:

If checked, the colours you pick for highlights or shadows etc. will be of the same luminosity as the previous colours. Generally, this gives brighter, more vivid colour effects if changing the colour balance from an already colour photo. Changing it from black and white won't any difference, as the luminosity of each area isn't affected by a colour.

Or something like that. It's hard to describe what it does, but try it with a full colour photo and you'll definitely notice a difference. Because you've edited from black and white, there is no colour luminosity to affect your changes so the colours come out more 'correct', if you like.

Examples:-

originalpz1.jpg

Original

shadowsredpreservegf0.jpg

'Shadows' with slider onto full red, with luminosity preserved. The darker areas have become a darker red.

shadowrednoxr6.jpg

'Shadows' with slider onto full red, without preserving luminosity. The darker areas have not stayed dark, and the whole image just has a bit more red to the shadow areas. Most noticable change is the dark tarmac which is now a light red colour.

Hmmm, I've done that before, but in your way. I used a filter and did the layer settings, but it almost turned out the same way. Good stuff dude.

Very nice tutorial, and thanks moglet for sharing that...ill keep it in mind!

Also, Magburner, if you never use any tools, how would you get rid of jaggy's?

Woo-Hoo! I finally broke 10,000 views! Thanks again for the views and comments guys. 👍

@Moglet Thanks for sharing that with me Moglet. 👍

@PLmatt91: Thanks man. 👍

@Dead_Poetic: How do I remove jaggies? The truth is that there are no jaggies! :D Seriously, I get my fair share of images with jaggies, and I usually end up throwing them. As I've stated, I never use tools, as I see their use as a flaw in the image.

Ok, I have an update to bring to you shortly, until then, take care, magburner. 👍

M COUPE

BMW M Coupe '98

mag158bu9.jpg

mag156ft6.jpg

mag155gc5.jpg

mag157ps5.jpg

A COLLECTION OF DOORS

like that bmw. the closeup of the lights was the kind of lighting i wanted out of my bmw from a side angle but didn't work. but awesome pics man:drool: i like that copar too. the rims match perfectly.

Liking the collection of doors you have there. :)
The car looks nice enough in those photos but it seems a bit too dark for me. I know they're supposed to be dark photos, but they are really quite dark, even with my laptop screen on full brightness. :indiff:

Back