GTA: Liberty City Stories - Record Book

• Thread starter Jonas_AH
  • 273 comments
What I mentioned previously in another forum (I think you read that one in gamefaqs) about the timer glitch in the RC Triad Takedown I believe wasn't a beneficial glitch at all. Timer just disappears for awhile but the count appears to be normal.

As for vigilante, I used the Rhino and did Vigilante a bit late in the game when 6 stars is attainable already.
Gotcha. I thought it was sometime like the timer glitch that allows infinite time for fire fighting missions. Vigilante 169, huh? Nice score. That'll be tough to beat using cop cars - especially with limited ammo.

Vigilante 169, huh? Nice score. That'll be tough to beat using cop cars - especially with limited ammo.

Thanks :D It was a product of one idle weekend with nothing else to do but play. Actually I stopped at that level because I desperately needed to take a nap :D

Fastest time on Red Light Racing - 1:39 (PCJ) - Jonas_AH

Updated:
  • Added new records by Orion_SR and Jonas_AH
  • Added screenshot by Orion_SR

Well? Two days, and still no response from Phreak on the distance record. Could it be that he bought the line about my screenshot collection? I've got a video for my most recent series of jumps, but I'm afraid to upload the file for fear that he'll learn my secrets.

What the heck. I've been wanting to try out this vB code anyway. Besides, if I post the jump I get to name it. The video is a tad long for a single jump, but I was trying to get the footage to fit the music.
Jambalaya Jump

sweet

I was wondering where you were jumping from--

Is that the best bike for that jump??

Also-- I saw the word "avenger" after you got back on the bike-- is that the bike from after "avenging angels" in Portland-- I never collected it, thinking it would respawn-- if so does anyone know if I can get it by repeating avenging angels in Portland??

I know its bullet proof-- is it fast too?? What about handling??

Yeah the Avenger appears to be the best for long jumps, - it's very fast in a straight line, but turns like a cow on ice.
I'm afraid you can't get it back if you didn't save it.

Nice video Orion:tup: I did actually test out that jump earlier, - without any promising results.
For my jumps I used the same "ramp" but going the other way, - landing on the cliffs beyond the park. For the longest I had to land right by the water next to the steep cliffs north of the park, bailing right after landing Toni barely managed to hang on on the outside of that steep cliff side :crazy:

And before I forget it, - I'll just reclaim a few records :P

Fastest lap on Low Rider Rumble - 1:11 (Yakuza Stinger) - GTA Phreak
Fastest time on Low Rider Rumble - 2:26 (Yakuza Stinger) - GTA Phreak
https://www.gtplanet.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-3764

Fastest lap on Gangsta GP - 0:52 (PCJ 600) - GTA Phreak
Fastest time on Gangsta GP - 2:43 (PCJ 600) - GTA Phreak

https://www.gtplanet.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-3765

No, dude. You are out of luck on the Avenger earned from Avenging Angels in Portland; it's a one time deal. And BTW, that really sucks. Unlocked vehicles in GTA games traditionally respawn, so a lot of people ignored the first and only spawn. And with the limited garage space of Liberty City is doesn't help matters to throw in one-time vehicles.

Anyway... yes, I think the Avenger is the best bike for the Jambalaya Jump. I had tried it with other bikes but wasn't scoring much over 120 m. The Manchez seems to be every bit as fast as the PCJ, but has unique handling properties which makes it easy to weave through traffic and hit the proper line into a jump. It also manages grass and dirt ramps better than a PCJ. However, I find it difficult to find the proper leaning angle for the Manchez.

The Avenger seems very fast - especially when I first started driving it and was working the top speed. I've since gotten used to the bike, and don't usually have enough time to reach full speed on this jump, so I don't notice it as much anymore. It handles very much like you'd expect a Super Angel chopper to handle, but seems to have some extra tweeks to it's properties. It doesn't drift quite the same way, and will suddenly stop if spun around backward. I think it might also have a mass or momentum enhancement similar to the BP Landstalker. It will plow through lighter vehicles if Toni doesn't hit hard enough to fall. So I'm not sure if the extra distance is from speed, or if the vehicle flies farther due to the physics. Also, I suspect the special properties of the Avenger allow it to use bumps for jumps where other bikes loose too much speed from the impact of the ramp.

115 m was scored on a PCJ using the unique jump through the window near the upper dam into the picnic area below. This jump has a terrible lead-in but is usually limited by the water's edge. I had better luck starting in the narrow alley. It might be possible to score in the upper teens using this jump and still live.

122 m was scored using a PCJ on the Jambalaya Jump. I scored a little better using the Manchez, but couldn't quite catch Phreak's 124 so I went looking for the jump limited by water.

129m was scored using a PCJ on the same corner but taken from the other direction to land in the Campground. 136 m was scored at the Campground jump but using a Manchez and angled differently to avoid the water.

I think everything over 140 m was scored with the Avenger. I went looking for other jump examples in stunt videos and found a record of 121.27 m landed by Master Yayo on an Avenger using the unique jump in Portland from the bribe in St Marks to the docks - this was my first clue that the Avenger was a great jumping bike. I kept changing back to the Campground to stay ahead of Phreak, but was unwilling to save any jump where I lost my one-time special vehicle and spent a lot of time trying to figure out the Jambalaya Jump.

Fastest lap on Torrington TT - 0:56 (PCJ) - Jonas_AH
Fastest time on Torrington TT - 1:55 (PCJ) - Jonas_AH

Updated:
  • Added new records by GTA_Phreak and Jonas_AH
  • Added screenshots by GTA_Phreak

thanks for the info on the avenger.

I'll stick to my spins ;) although my 3666 wil be hard to beat-- I had a nice tight spin on it and doubt I can beat that in the with my current spot--

Since you shared your distance spot I'll share my spin spot--

On SSV take the road that cuts between the hospital and the police station down the hill-- at the bottom of the hill there is a nice ramp-- if you take it straight you will go in the water (I'm not sure if you can clear the water or not--don't remember)-- but I crash into a trashmaster or other large vehicle parked on the lip of the ramp (you have to pop a wheelie and turn a bit at the last second)--- most of the time you don't get a decent spin-- but every once in a while you get a big one--- I've only had maybe 10 of 1500 degrees or more--- out of a hundred or more jumps--

I've only used a PCJ and a Sanchez so far... haven't tried the Manchez-- the Manchez might be decent-- I've had some decent spin with it in other places.

For RC Triad Take-down, i have noticed the timer also goes away, but im 99.9% certain it doesn't help at all. It always comes back, usally quickly if you start doing bad.

I've also noticed the timer will stop, it only happen to me 1 or 2 times. Usally on runs where i get some kills just or exactly as the timer is about to expire. I don't think it helps either, cept for that 1 run after, where you have some free time to find a good kill spot/group. (iirc)

Nice video Orion, im pretty sure i would have found it though. ;) (eventualy)
I remember playing around alot with those cliffs on gta3, so i already knew that spot.

I need to stop playing around with other games and get back to this one. :crazy:

Orion, Any chance you made a vid of Most air achieved 26?
If not, was it the same spot/way i descriped that i did my 23?
I hope it was the same spot, because that way, i wouldn't bother trying to match it.:) 23 was too much of a pain imo.

Nice video Orion, im pretty sure i would have found it though. ;) (eventualy)
I remember playing around alot with those cliffs on gta3, so i already knew that spot.

I need to stop playing around with other games and get back to this one. :crazy:

Orion, Any chance you made a vid of Most air achieved 26?
If not, was it the same spot/way i descriped that i did my 23?
I hope it was the same spot, because that way, i wouldn't bother trying to match it.:) 23 was too much of a pain imo.
Thanks for the nice comments, gentlemen. I'm quite happy with how the video turned out. Except, if I had planned on such a long sound track I might have tried to collect some more dramatic footage in spots. But I figured another jump was better than a crash montage. And I know the jump isn't all that big of a secret, but I gave it a name anyway. If nobody else uses the name then it won't stick. That's the way naming works - they must fall into common use.

Sorry, I didn't begin taping until I almost landed that 145 jump; landing a good jump is a fairly rare occurance. Taping is a bit of a pain. I need to use the old PS2 connected through a VCR to get the S-Video to the camcorder and play with the coax connection using 4:3 panorama instead of wide screen component signals - it looks terrible.

I think I provided a fairly good description of the 26 air jump some place. What I remember from your post was something about using the unique jump, collecting easy scores in the upper teens, and occasionally landing a really good score. Were your 20+ particularly long jumps? Or did you score higher but land in the same general area? Anyway, I landed several 22 m jumps using short hops to the tracks. Maybe strattling the edge while landing boosted the score. The 26 m jump was landed by taking the unique jump at full speed, but landing a little to the right of the main track. Maybe I strattled the lip on the landing there as well. I couldn't figure it out. That stat, and particularly that jump, are glitchy.

Actually, I'm taking a bit of heat for continuing to play this game. My son got a new Xbox 360 for his birthday, so I'm supposed to be killing zombies and trying to learn pong again.

Really nice video Orion_SR. I was kind of holding my breath when Toni made the jump, sort of expecting he'll kiss the ground when he lands given that Toni has such bad biking skills in the game and falls off it easily. And good luck with your son on the pong game :D

In other news, herewith are my latest stats:

1.Criminal rating (Consigliere) - 41,192 - GTA_Loco [screenshot]
2.People you've wasted - 20,892 - GTA_Loco [screenshot]
3.People Wasted by others - 1,957 - GTA_Loco [screenshot]
4.Cars exploded - 8,075 - GTA_Loco [screenshot]
5.Boats destroyed - 203 - GTA_Loco [screenshot]
6.Helicopters destroyed - 505 - GTA_Loco [screenshot]
7.Tires popped with gunfire - 3,596 - GTA_Loco [screenshot]
8.Total number of wanted stars attained - 1,273 - GTA_Loco
[screenshot]
9.Total number of wanted stars evaded - 1,028 - GTA_Loco
[screenshot]
10.Criminals killed in Vigilante Mission - 3,737 -GTA_Loco
[screenshot]
11.Number of headshots - 910 -GTA_Loco
[screenshot]
12.Gang members wasted - 3,377 -GTA_Loco
[screenshot]
13.Criminals wasted - 4,722 -GTA_Loco
[screenshot]
14.Bullets fired - 110,155 -GTA_Loco
[screenshot]
15.Bullets that hit - 55,005 -GTA_Loco
[screenshot]
16.Highest score in 9MM Mayhem - 14 -GTA_Loco
[screenshot]
17.Sprayings - 327 -GTA_Loco
[screenshot]
18.Auto repair and painting budget - $25,100.00 - GTA_Loco
[screenshot]
19.Property destroyed - $46,417,152.00 - GTA_Loco
[screenshot]
20.Kgs of explosive used - 1,243 - GTA_Loco
[screenshot]

You really seem to like the violent part of this game, GTA_Loco ;)

Max insane jump distance - 128.77 - Jonas_AH
Max insane jump flips - 3 - Jonas_AH
Max insane jump rotation - 824º - Jonas_AH

Updated:
  • Added new records and screenshots by GTA_Loco
  • Added new records by Jonas_AH

Alright Orion glad it was the same spot. :)
I'm pretty sure i wrecked on my 23 run. I remember going to the left or centered for all my jumps. Plus trying for great speed before hiting it.

Did you have a aproch starting spot?, or did you simply bulid speed on the dirt part of the track and takeing the turns before the jump?
But if you say you went right, after hiting the jump, i might have to give that a few goes in the future.

Btw, how old are you?, haveing a son and all. :P I'm 27, no kids.

Did you have a aproch starting spot?, or did you simply bulid speed on the dirt part of the track and takeing the turns before the jump?
But if you say you went right, after hiting the jump, i might have to give that a few goes in the future.

Btw, how old are you?, haveing a son and all. :P I'm 27, no kids.
If I landed the jump, then I continued around the track building speed and practicing my racing lines. When I crashed I'd line up backwards heading toward the bank after the bump and build speed around the corner.

However, I suspect you'll have better luck trying to figure out the glitch. My current hypothesis is that landing in a certain place or certain way will trick the game into providing a double score. My other hypothesis is that the jump is glitched because it is unique, clears the track, or crosses complicated geometry and robs Toni of his proper score, and taking the jump in a certain way will prevent the glitch. Actually, taken outside the race, these jumps should score distance in the 40 to 50 meter range, so I'm not even sure what we're trying to measure.

I'm old enough that I usually have to stop and do the math to answer your question. And I'm dissapointed because I just discovered that the computer uses another bit to calculate my age - damn I'm old. I try to avoid the question because it's difficult to maintain a reputation as a credible gamer. Just you watch, people will be taking pot shots at my records simply because they are unwilling to be outscored by someone older than their father.

My son is about your age - 26. He's the best gamer I know. He taught me to play modern games when he graduated from high school so he would have some competition. He plays more games than I do; I tend to beat my games to death before moving on. I remember when he tried to interest me in GTA III. I thought it was a pointlessly violent game and refused to buy and play Vice City. But I got hooked by the story, finding hidden packages, and flying the helicopter. Besides, I got a total kick out of the voice actors used in VC. My son is currently studying animation and gaming, and had a course in UT2004 last quarter. He and a classmate designed vehicles and I did the coding to implement them in a game. We finally got the whole thing working pretty much as expected. We even had appropriate death meshes, and explosion effects for the final project.

But we keep drifting way off topic. I'll leave it to Jonas to push us off to the other thread if things get out of hand.

Years Gaming - 44 - Orion_SR (no grandkids)

Sorry - no screenshots

Really nice video Orion_SR. I was kind of holding my breath when Toni made the jump, sort of expecting he'll kiss the ground when he lands given that Toni has such bad biking skills in the game and falls off it easily. And good luck with your son on the pong game :D
Thanks a lot for the specific comment. It let's me know some of the methods I used were effective for building anticipation. And it looks like people are viewing the video more than once, so I guess it isn't too long after all. Is anyone interesting in making a video to promote the record book? I can probably get my son to make a professional looking logo. Oh, and while I'm thinking about it...

Can I use the image from the first post of this topic in a video if it seems appropriate? I thought about using it for Jambalaya, but it didn't seem to fit anywhere.

And it's not really Pong, or I'd have a better chance at winning - I was pretty good at Pong (great big paddle, slow moving squares). He's been working on all the unlockables for the Rockstar Table Tennis game and has been wiping out the bots while I was wasting my time on the same dumb jump over and over again. He's gunna kick my ass.

But we keep drifting way off topic. I'll leave it to Jonas to push us off to the other thread if things get out of hand.

Other topics than those about LCS records and the record book should not be discussed here, so it is getting off topic, yes.

Can I use the image from the first post of this topic in a video if it seems appropriate?

Go ahead :)

Also, maybe we could get this thread pinned, just like the other record books?

Hey Orion don't worry about your age, your only as old as you feel. I fill like 40-50. :P
I come from a gameing community where i've almost always been the oldest, there is a couple people older then me. Its nice haveing some company at my old age. :P
I compete on the ge rankings, im currenlty 11th, about to be past by a 12 year old from pakistan. Thats a kick in the nuts if you ask me.

I played allitle gta lcs last night, i think i back. :)

Also, maybe we could get this thread pinned, just like the other record books?

I'm sure it will be eventually-- however it doesn't need it if it keeps getting bumped--- but if you PMed Famine I'm sure he will hook us up... Matt (formerly Jimmy) isn't on too much any more but if you PMed him he probably would too... Time to dig up the "off topic" thread

I was working on my Hitman stat and recorded a few new records. I'm not having much luck getting the buggers to spawn. This was the first time I'd figured out how to do long stoppies - a little Toni Hawk action.

Bump & Grinds with a Manchez
Fastest lap on Course 1 - 0:11 - Orion_SR
Fastest time on Course 1 - 0:42 - Orion_SR

Hitmen wasted - 34 - Orion_SR
Longest stoppie time - 81 secs - Orion_SR
Longest stoppie distance - 515.95 m - Orion_SR

My 32 meter jump height score was bothering me since I couldn't be sure it wasn't a warp glitch. I didn't find the original spot, but I finally managed to match (and land) the score anyway. This time I'm sure this wasn't a blue hell glitch. Sorry, Spudz, you'll need to play the game again if you want to use the same trick. I've got another spot which seems promising, but I don't get any distance or rotation and need to force 2 flips in order to trigger the insane stat, so it isn't working out very well.

Max. Insane Jump Height - 32.36 - Orion_SR [screenshot]

(screenshots for yesterday)
Bump and Grinds Manchez 1 - 0:11 & 0:42 [screenshot]
Longest Stoppie 515.95 m & 81 sec [screenshot]

Hey GTA_Loco. I noticed that you were having fun with the helicopter in Blue Hell. You might enjoy some of my videos documenting other methods for exploring the LCS tunnel system. Some of the Tunnel Drops allow Toni to get to other islands early. This link will take you to a post in the local LCS thread - a good place for off-topic discussions.

Orion_SR's LCS Video Collection

Hey GTA_Loco. I noticed that you were having fun with the helicopter in Blue Hell. You might enjoy some of my videos documenting other methods for exploring the LCS tunnel system. Some of the Tunnel Drops allow Toni to get to other islands early. This link will take you to a post in the local LCS thread - a good place for off-topic discussions.

Thanks a million Orion_SR 👍 Those vids are exactly what I was looking for :) I was looking for them yesterday to share with someone who was asking for them in a forum.

The drop methods though hasn't worked for me yet til recently, don't know what I might be doing wrong. But hey, thanks again for the link.

Records update :)

1.Max insane jump distance - 123.00 - GTA_Loco
[screenshot]
2.Max insane jump height - 10.00 - GTA_Loco
[screenshot]
3.Max insane jump rotation - 916º - GTA_loco
[screenshot]
4.Longest stoppie time - 4 secs - GTA_Loco
[screenshot]
5. Longest stoppie distance - 67.36 - GTA_Loco
[screenshot]
6.Longest 2 wheels time - 2- GTA_Loco
[screenshot]
7.Longest 2 wheels distance - 66.72 - GTA_Loco
[screenshot]
8.Daily police spending - $84,806.00 - GTA_Loco
[screenshot]
9. Seagulls sniped - 9 - GTA_Loco
[screenshot]
10. Highest score in Scrapyard Challenge - 28 - GTA_Loco
[screenshot]

I was wondering why my max insane jump registered at 123.78m at first, then went down to 123 after I saved the game.:grumpy:

I was wondering why my max insane jump registered at 123.78m at first, then went down to 123 after I saved the game.:grumpy:
The game rounds down some of the stats. Insane jump distance and height get rounded so I take my screenshot of the brief just after the jump. Be careful not to bounce and replace the score with something small.

Any luck with the Tunnel Drops? The Portland Post Drop and especially the Karmaggedon Drop are difficult to pull off. Drop me a note in the other topic and I'll see if I can provide a few tips.

The game rounds down some of the stats. Insane jump distance and height get rounded so I take my screenshot of the brief just after the jump. Be careful not to bounce and replace the score with something small.

Any luck with the Tunnel Drops? The Portland Post Drop and especially the Karmaggedon Drop are difficult to pull off. Drop me a note in the other topic and I'll see if I can provide a few tips.

Oh ok, that explains about the jump distance. Thanks for that tip taking a screenshot of the Brief. Actually it happened also to my Torrington TT lap time which at first registered at 1:00, but then it finally recorded in my stat at 0.59.

Back