GTA: Liberty City Stories - Record Book

• Thread starter Jonas_AH
  • 273 comments
It doesn't appear as Orion left much room for improvement, - but here's a few times on Bump & Grinds:

Fastest lap on Course 1 - 0:12 - GTA Phreak
Fastest time on Course 1 - 0:43 - GTA Phreak

Fastest lap on Course 2 - 0:20 - GTA Phreak
Fastest time on Course 2 - 1:03 - GTA Phreak

Fastest lap on Course 3 - 0:19 - GTA Phreak
Fastest time on Course 3 - 1:03 - GTA Phreak

All using Sanchez, - screenshot: https://www.gtplanet.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-3879

They really should have kept a decimal or two on the B&G stats.

Oh ok, that explains about the jump distance. Thanks for that tip taking a screenshot of the Brief. Actually it happened also to my Torrington TT lap time which at first registered at 1:00, but then it finally recorded in my stat at 0.59.

Does Torrington tt have decimals for it?

No.

But the game maintains a more accurate value, - so it will report sub-second improvements on your best time.

Beware there's a glitch with the race stats, - if you fail to complete the race then the best lap and/or best time will reset to 0:00 in the stats and you can't get it back :banghead:.
So do a screenshot right away, if you do a good time.
Strangely enough, the game still knows the correct time and will report the "previous best" correctly at the end of the next race.

Whice race(s) does this gltich happen where it goes to 0:00?

So i was playing around on bumps and grinds with the meter jump, and i scored a sweet jump on accident.
I went for the jump, right as the train came by, hit the side off it, went kinda high.
No new record, but i scored a 23, then a 3, then a 16 from that single jump. Seemed like i would land it, but when i landed, it was hard, and i tumbled off. Btw, it was with the sanchez. :) I assume you used manchez for your 20+ jumps Orion? This might possibley be a new strat, im not sure.

Whice race(s) does this gltich happen where it goes to 0:00?

Practically all the races. Basically like what GTA_Phreak said, fastest lap time and/or fastest time is/are reset to 0:00 if you didn't finish one or both of them, but whatever position you attained previously is maintained.

This is the case with my Torrington TT race which I managed to clock at 0.059, but didn't finish the race. So my official time registered at Fastest Lap time: 0.59 and Faste Time: 0:00. But my postion remained at 1st place which I already attained before.

Must be some bug R* overlooked somehow.

Speaking of breaking things, i better stop playing tonight. :ouch: :grumpy:

Begin rant*

When i try for fast times, i love to have some good music in the background, or on gta, be listening to a good radio station. But somehow rockstar thought it would be a good idea to randomly change the radio station after each round, and re-start of bumps and grinds. Its very hard to get a in a zone and concetrate for me with this happening, when i keep getting **** on the radio station, i tryed no music, couldn't find a zone. Sick of hiting L1 to flip to another station that ****s me up. If hear radio del ****o(mundo) one more time, i might break this game in 2, i swear.:mad: :irked: :banghead:

Rant over, for now*

So does everyone play with music off or what?

Fastest lap on Low Rider Rumble - 1:10 - Jonas_AH
Fastest time on Low Rider Rumble - 2:23 - Jonas_AH
Fastest lap/time on Deimos Dash - 1:25 - Jonas_AH
All times set with the Hellenbach GT

Updated:
  • Added new records by Jonas_AH

Fastest lap on Low Rider Rumble - 1:11 (Bickle '76) - Orion_SR
Fastest time on Low Rider Rumble - 2:22 (Bickle '76) - Orion_SR

It may not be the fastest car on the roads of Liberty City, but the Bickle '76 has front wheel drive so the handling is excellent. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a good car to race with.

So what you make of that jump i posted Orion?
Oh, sorry. I guess I didn't notice your edit. I assume you are talking about the Most Air stat for Bump and Grinds where you hit a train while riding a Sanchez (link). Although this is directly related to the record book, an extensive conversion on the topic would create unnecessary clutter and prompt our topic host to make extra checks of the thread to find posts without new records.

I hit the train once, didn't bounce far, scored 18 air, and probably a few other "touch-scores" as well. I thought of using this as a strategy, but I find the air scoring system to be confusing, inconsistent, and possibly glitchy, so I decided to work on other stats where skill, guile, and determination were more likely to develop into improved scores.

I would consider any air score using any method as legitimate to be entered in the record book. Comments from people posting new air scores would be appropriate, but we should probably restrict general discussion to the LCS Thread.

Fastest lap/time on Deimos Dash - 1:23 (FBI Cruiser) - Orion_SR [screenshot]
Hitmen wasted - 36 - Orion_SR

It figures that Rockstar would provide their hardcore cop bots with a really sweet ride. The FBI Cruiser is fast, can take a good hit without loosing much speed, and handles like a dream. It has all the advantages of the Bickle '76 but can drift just enough to carry speed through tight turns. It feels very much like a 4WD vehicle. I'd recommend it to anyone who prefers to hold the pedel to the metal for (almost) the entire race.

Screenshot also applies to Low Rider Rumble - 2:22 with the Bickle '76. BTW, for a while my Deimos score showed a fastest lap of 1:24 and fastest time of 1:25.

Best lap on Wi-Cheetah Run - 1:33 (Infernus) - Orion_SR
Best time on Wi-Cheetah Run - 3:07 (Infernus) - Orion_SR

I was having a hard time finding another sleeper that could challenge Jonas and his Banshee, so I went with the obvious instead.

Well, it looks like things are wrapping up around here so I did a little maintanance on my Gallery.

Added 1st place screenshots
Wi-Cheetah Run 1:33/3:07 [screenshot]
Hitmen wasted 36 [screenshot]

Removed 2nd place screenshots for:
Kgs of Explosives used
Longest face plant distance

I was all geared up for an assault on my Bump & Grinds scores, but then I had plently of time to work on Table Tennis - I can even win a match once in a while.

Well I've started my 2nd run through the game, - here's a few entries from that (I wasn't really trying to do something extraordinary):

Highest Vigilante level - 18 - GTA Phreak (using police car)
People saved in Ambulance - 414 - GTA Phreak (1 run)
Highest Paramedic level - 40 - GTA Phreak
Total fires extinguished - 791 - GTA Phreak (1 run)
Highest Firefighter level - 71 - GTA Phreak

Screenshot: https://www.gtplanet.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-4087

Well I've started my 2nd run through the game, - here's a few entries from that (I wasn't really trying to do something extraordinary):
Well played Phreak, especially that Firefighter score. You'll have to give me some pointers for completing the PC version of Firefighter for my ultimate beginning save in Vice City. I can't quite manage to chase down all the flaming idiots and put them out fast enough with that useless PC spray effect.

If you've started a new game... is there any chance I can talk you into checking your % progress? I posted a spreadsheet with a complete list of missions that I developed while Spuds was tracking down his last few packages. It'll do the math too - not that it's all that difficult. The reason I ask is that a couple of people have reported earning 100% before completing the last mission or collecting the last package set. I've checked and rechecked most of the side missions. I've even been using a Shoreside Redemption gamesave at 99% for one of my stat games in the hopes of stumbling across something.

Well the firetruck seems pretty much indestructible by traffic damage, - so it's mostly down to endurance. Failed it by running over 1 of the victims while fending off a cop trying to bust me (washed him off several times but he just kept comming :rolleyes: )

I don't remember having difficulties completing it in Vice (PC), - AFAIR I simply point the hose a bit to the side and then aim by moving the truck around.
Btw. I got a ultimate starting save for Vice in my Vice City savepack at: http://gtaphreak.filefront.com, if you want to compare notes.

I'll keep your checklist in mind, - so far it seems to add up:

97 pkg's collected (I used your post drop, - easy to do from watching your video 👍) Home Sweet Home + 9mm. + Scooter + Noodles + Vigilante + Fire + Paramedic = 9%

I caught some nasty bug and was playing LCS to distract me from my misery when I couldn't sleep, and managed to improve on one of my stats.

Max insane jump flips - 4 - Orion_SR

Oh, and it isn't that the firetruck is indestructable, but during the mission it gets healed a little everytime a fire goes out. I've noticed this trend for many of the R3 missions. I don't think it helps much for Taxi, but on upper levels with many goals, it's pretty easy to heal a firetruck, vigilante vehicle, or ambulance.

For some reason this mission sounds like a catch phrase for a Japanese cartoon that didn't quiet translate the way is was intended. Anyway, this is about the best I can do with my current route.

Best time for Go Go Faggio - 1:08 - Orion_SR [screenshot]
Hitmen wasted - 37 - Orion_SR

Hitmen is a running stat; I'll post another screenshot eventually.

Most time left on Karmageddon - 2:38 - Spuds725

WHat was the best before Orion's time (posted today)-- I thought mine was real quick but he beat me by 40 seconds... :(

Jonas posted a score of 2:00 for Karmageddon to open the topic. I think he must have worked a little on many of his records, both Karmageddon and Go Go Faggio seemed much better than simply passing the mission the first time. It took me quite a while to find a strategy to compete in Karmageddon, and even longer to pull it off. But I'm sick and miserable, and Toni feels no pain, so I hung out all night in LCS.

Back