Greycap's Greatest Snapshots - Updated 020608 - Mercedes Benz 300SL-C

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 946 comments
Thanks Cod_Father and sejtur!

Unfortunately I couldn't make a new update on this leave so you'll have to wait for another two weeks (at least) to see more of my work, I'll be leaving again tonight. Anyone that hasn't commented yet is encouraged to do so! :cheers:

Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M '89

Rising from the edge of the cliff once again, I'm back in the business with one more update. The car isn't too spectacular and the shots are of the same old run-of-the-mill Greycap style but I hope it won't stop you from telling me how you like them. :cheers:

I like your use of open spaces rather than zooming in on the car in your photographs, it really lends them a unique style. I especially like the shot where the dust has been kicked up by the car.

Nice update, also you were gone for a bit longer then expected, but welcome back. Anyway please drop by my gallery, because it’s been a while since you last did.

Also please can you check out the last 5 pages in my PGR3 gallery, anyway I look forward to your next update.

Leonidae - Thank you!

Moglet - Thanks, that's just the said "Greycap style" and I took the last shot in just to show that a driving mistake can sometimes produce better results than perfect cornering! :lol:

LGforce - Thanks, good to see that my skills haven't disappeared in the Finnish forest! (this is an inside joke, some people know the point)

Dark Elite - Nice to hear, and feel free to write it in a new reply so I can counter-comment on it. :)

mavi - Thanks you!

TVR&Ferrari_Fan - The break got "a bit" longer, yes, but better late than never. I took a look at your galleries, you'll find the responses there. :)

nice update Greycap 👍 i bought the car about one week ago, and i had never thought of it to be soo much fun..........looking forward to your next update!

viper

At last, we're back in business! It's been a long time since the gorgeous Stratos, but let's see if we can't find a gallery to better it. Is this Dark Avenger going to be the one to do it?

The first shot, then. "I'm a scenery man", indeed we know! This is a glorious use of the surroundings, I love the way it's vivid without looking saturated. The rumble strip in the bottom corner (where it always seems to be!) is incredibly clear, and the clouds almost look real. The car itself seems very dark in these surroundings, but in no way dull. It makes the car seem rather menacing, especially in that we can't even see the wheel rims or much detail on the side. A very well composed shot, and as always it goes well with its task of opener.

Into the thumbnails...
I knew a photo of this car 'burnin' rubber' would appear somewhere! It's still on the line, of course, and a little bit of body lean adds to the overall realistic feel of this shot - the crisp lines are spoilt a little by Polyphony's laziness with the green bank in the background, but even so it adds a nice accent to the photo. Perhaps this would've looked nicer with the afterburners lit, to add some more interest to the car.

The second thumb - a striking shot. Again the kerb in the bottom corner is very sharply captured, in contrast with the blurred clouds, which make the sky look like an overspeed vortex of some sort, rather like the car is creating its own weather! To the untrained eye the car looks so straight-on to the camera it could be parked, but with that much body roll I doubt that somehow :P sideways but in control. I like the row of hills in the background, too.

Afterburners! Now, those have been modified slightly, haven't they - surely they aren't that red on the original car, but more orangey? :sly: The advertisements are taking my eye in this shot, they're very crisp. Tilted camera works well here, giving the impression of rolling into the coming corner. Again it's bright and colourful, again in contrast with the dark and moody style of the car. The distance-warning signs are a nice touch, as well.

The fourth thumb, I hoped this camera would see use. Having the bottom of the Corkscrew in the background looks great, and again everything is beautiful vivid colours. The blurring adds a good impression of speed, and seems suitable here - the car is dead flat and level, powering on into the next corner, making it appear very skillful and practised as well as fast. Very good.

The last thumbnail... This is a very unique shot, I've never seen this angle used before. It seems a little dark in comparison, and lacking the many colours of the others. The only thing relieving this is the fencing to the right, which helps slightly, although the tree to the left just looks a bit odd. I don't really like over-crest shots such as these, and usually the only redeeming factor is being able to see the sky underneath the car, which I like. Unfortunately, the car's too far over the hill in this one and so, it's my least favourite photo here.

The final photo of this set, then - oh yes, and it's a good one. Believably taken by a marshall or spectator at the top of the Corkscrew, who watched you slide two wheels over the dusty gravel and captured it being blown up by your passing. The car is very sharp indeed in this photo, and looks long and sleek - in fact, I could possibly mistake it for a GT-R in this shot. I really like this photo, the angle is extremely good, the colours are bright but not saturated and the idea itself is great. A brilliant photo!

Overall, this is a very nice update. For the most part, the photos are bright, interesting and very cool. The lowliness of this car (comparatively speaking, that is ;)) is not at all noticable. I was at first very surprised to see an 'ugly' rear wing fitted, but in fact all it does is add to the impression that this car is a lot better than its name suggests. Genius work once more. My favourite by far is the spectacular last shot. 👍 👍

DE

Viperpilot - Fun is exactly the right word for that car! The next update has been in the pipeline for quite a while but I can promise you it will see the light of day in the near future. :)

Dark Elite - One more novel by you, these should really be compiled into a small paperback! :P

Big thanks for both of you, the next set will feature the "big brother" of the GTS-t. Stay tuned!

Wow, sweet shots of that Skyline.. i'm new on this site and have a gallery too, i'd appreciate if you'd check it too so i can get more comments.

Rayquaza - Thank you! I'll be there. :)

GT4_Rule - Thanks, more of the same class to come.

I'll do an intentional double posting here, to prevent the updates from becoming a mess with comments in them...

Nismo GT-R V-SpecII Nür S-Tune '00

The promised big brother of the GTS-t Type M and the revival of my gallery, after a long (too long) break. The designation of the car is fictional but it tells a lot more about it than the stock name, there are a few people that know the story behind it but it's too long to explain here.

As always, keep the telegraph singing the comments in my direction. :cheers:

Nice pictures.. but somehow I think you've become bit repetitive lately. maybe you should use some more colorful scenery for a change?

TVR&Ferrari_Fan - Thank you, I wish there doesn't have to be many of these comments in the future!

Leonidae - You may be right, time to get some colourful cars too... we'll see!

GT4_Rule - Thanks.

HiQQory - After a lot of thinking, yep, I remember you! Good to see one more of us here, thanks for the visit and kind words and be sure to come back some day! 👍

Dodge Viper GTSR Concept '00

These breaks are getting long but I'm literately fighting to find time to make new updates. This one is a bit of an experimental set, I wanted to see if I can get something out of a huge pile of concrete with only two corners on the entire course.

Feedback, please. :cheers:

This Viper update is cool Greycap. I like the last shot also and the birds eye view of the car. Interesting angle which you don't see often. Great work. 👍

Another nice update Greycap, but on Christmas Day you should check out the Christmas requests I have done for people in both my PGR3 gallery and GT4 gallery.

Leonidae - Thanks for the quick reply!

.*StReeTz*. - Thanks, the scenery man strikes again and Merry Christmas for you too!

Drift2XS - Thank you, odd angles were needed to bring some interest in the game!

TVR&Ferrari_Fan - Thanks, I'll try to remember to check those out.

very nice greycap! i love the fourth and fifth one too, though they're a bit rough on some of the edges, but it's no biggy. they still look great! goodwork!

Latest Posts

Back