minichris skyline GTaRt '95

parts

stage 4 turbo kit
gear box fully custom.
wing 3D type DS/B/W
Suspension fully custom.(testing)
Specifications

Power:500 BHP

You should try fiddling with setups instead of just parts. I'm sure more people would try them. Anyone can add parts to a car, few know the techniques behind making it handle well and get the power down.

You should try fiddling with setups instead of just parts. I'm sure more people would try them. Anyone can add parts to a car, few know the techniques behind making it handle well and get the power down.

i agree i had a time with the lightning and it was a real hoot to drive after i got it set to where i want it

Agreed. It's one thing to get the horsepower up and another to actually go through each part's setting to find a way control all that power better. Tried some of the slap on "tuned" cars to try and give credit to those who posted. I was thinking that they may actually handle well on their own minus the settings. They do handle better than the stock ones, as the settings that come by default will help stabilize the car a bit, but they didn't even come close to solving the problems inherent with the stock car. And those that don't come with any upgraded suspension parts were worse. Sorry if it might sound offensive, but it had to be said. Besides, I'm not putting down anyone, take it as constructive criticism and I know you guys can really do better if you put more time into it. 👍 👍

Alright, cool. :D By the way, is that a proposed Fiat WTCC car in your avatar?

OT: It's a Punto S2000 rally car, running on the Portuguese Rally Championship. Made it's debut this season and participated in two rallies, including Portugal Rally, last weekend. 👍

Tested Kent's Tsukuba beater (Toyota Supra RZ '97 (442))

Good handling. Used it at Tsukuba to confirm the time and got it at 60 secs on my 4rth run. I feel a bit of Understeer (using a DS2) but I might find it gone on my DFP when I test it at home. The pad's too sensitive for my driving style. I'll post a better review when I test it on the DFP.

Overall, Nice one Kent! I'm looking into tuning a Tsukuba beater myself, but looking into going the NA way. I'll post the specs If I ever get her done. 👍

the cobra is almost ready, it didn't need much tuning to get it fast:)

I'm looking for a cheap american tuner atm, would be good add for my garage.
I mean the rest of my garage hasn't really been cheap to you guys, has it?:P

(mustang from around 150.000 credits, and the cobra from around 600.000)

Welcome to My Garage:)

-----------

I currently have just one car. It's been a very fun little project of mine and that's why I have opened a garage for it. I think when I've got the time I'll try and get a new car in here.
Expect a balanced way up towards more serious cars.

-----------
Cars:

- Toyota MR2 V Edition (J) '02
A very fun little experiment. Came out well, fun to drive, not overpowered and overall just well-balanced

- Toyota Celica 1990's [an FF version] Coming up!

- Honda NSX @ 327 BHP [Most modern looking version of it] Coming up!

----------

Because you are spending a long time on perfecting a certain car, it's hard to find out in the end who adapted to who.
Did you make the car fit your driving style?
Or did, as subtle as it may seem, your driving style adapt to it?

That's the reason why I'd really appreciate some comments and criticism ;)
Some "other driving styles" need to judge my car in the end.
Thank you in advance.

Ok 2 weeks ago I had set myself a goal, to tune a particular car seriously for once. I sold all of my cars I had and wanted a fresh new start. This is my first ever tune I did seriously. A nice starter car seemed the Toyota MR2 Spider. I don't know why but my mind immediatly jumped to that car choice when I read Scaff's Manual. It's my first ever time I adjusted the settings based on trial runs, and I got my inspiration from the tutorial of Scaff.

Well then, here are my eventual settings:

Toyota MR2 V Edition (J) '02
Power: 229 BHP
Mass: +/- 920KG

Parts to Buy:
Port Polish
Engine Balance
Racing Exhaust
Racing Chip
NA Stage II
N3 Tyres
Triple Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Racing Suspension
Brake Balance Controller

---------

Settings:
Brake Balance Controller:
3/4

Suspension Settings:

Spring Rate: 5.8/7.1 (still experimenting)
Ride Height: 101/101
Damper Bounce: 3/3
Damper Rebounce: 4/4
Chamber Angle: 2.5/1.0 (got that tip on a search result, it was supposed to make the car turn-in better. I needed that because I killed the natural turn-in of the car as a side effect of trying to kill the oversteer in mid-corner and corner exits.
Toe angle: 0/0
Stabiliser: 3/3

All aids off!

----

Ok, how I started off:
I had a test drive with the car before I began tuning it. I already had some upgrades ready to apply to the car.
I noticed right at the start that the power wasn't for my liking. I needed some more power, for a sporty feel to it.
Then I took my first corner and I noticed the car's turn-in was very good. But during the corner I could really feel the car was MR. It was a bit wobbely, understeer and oversteer were following into eachother very rapidly.
Could be explained by my driving style, I don't really throttle smoothly through a turn. But I was out on eliminating these mid-turn changes never the less. The turn-exit depended on the last phase in mid-turn. If I tried to exit from oversteer, I got more. If tried to exit from understeer, I got more understeer.

So, I basically
-applied some more power.
-got rid of the mid turn MR problems.
-tried to maintain the crispy light turn-in tendency of the car.
-titled it as my favorite car in my garage :)

I didn't tune it much further, I think it's kind of fun right now. Don't want to make the car too mechanically enhanced, it feels just right this way.
Don't expect too much of it. But if you ever look at this car and think...hey...that might be a cool car. Then here's a set up for it that at least worked for me 👍

@gt40: I've driven your GT a while back(a week or 2) and it was fun to drive!

I will give you a test soon, and a rating from 1-10.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a cool 2nd car for me to try and set up?

I'm thinking of a light car at around 200-300 bhp. Anything other than an FR car. Maybe an NSX, stock power?

Does anyone have any suggestions on a cool 2nd car for me to try and set up?

I'm thinking of a light car at around 200-300 bhp. Anything other than an FR car. Maybe an NSX, stock power?

Honda Beat.
Mazda Autozam Az.
Toyota MR1600.

@gt40: I've driven your GT a while back(a week or 2) and it was fun to drive!

I will give you a test soon, and a rating from 1-10.

ok i was just wondering. i've forgot about your car :ouch: doh! i'will be getting the settings tomorrow

vince, i have your car settings and i will beat the dog snot out of it and give you the results of the testing probably tomorrow

I've got a low budget one here for ya'all.

Mini Cooper-S

European project

A couple of weeks ago, some guy came to us. He told me he wanted to take a test drive with the '65 ViPP Mustang. I agreed and so we went for a drive. He was very impressed and so he told me he was an innovation manager working by the Mini car company. later, he called me: "I want to know what you can tune with a FF!"

So here it is:

Cost: +- 49000 Cr.

Parts

Mini Cooper-S

oil change
cool rims
car wash
NO wing! looks hideous:scared:

exhaust
racing brakes
racing chip
triple clutch
racing flywheel
sports suspention/racing suspention(+12000 cr.)
weight reduction stage 1

Settings:

Here's the sports suspension settings:

Ride height 120/120
Damper 4/4
Camber angle 2.5/1.0

Here's the racing suspension settings I've used:
Spring rate 6.4/5.6
Ride height 110/110
Bounce 8/8
Rebound 8/8
Camber angle 2.5/1.0
Toe angle 0/0
Stabiliser 4/4

Description of handling characteristics:

Very stolid handling. Go try out the Euro hot hatch Championchip with it, good to test it. this way you'll win 105000 credits(115% profit) with it, you'll have good competitors and a Volvo 240 GLT '88 Estate!

Source:
I'm not saying the sports suspension isn't enough. Maybe if you tweak a bit the sports suspension settings you don't need a racing suspension at all. I'll have to try it.

Here's the racing suspension settings I've used:
Spring rate 6.4/5.6
Ride height 110/110
Bounce 8/8
Rebound 8/8
Camber angle 2.5/1.0
Toe angle 0/0
Stabiliser 4/4

There's another Mini Cooper S in this thread. Have you checked it? With an oil change and racing exhaust, your Mini puts out the same power as Soprano S13's Mini. I´ve already tested both at the same course and guess what... :sly:

And here's the sports suspension settings:

Ride height 120/120
Damper 4/4
Camber angle 2.5/1.0

And here's the results of my tests at Suzuka East:

Soprano S13's Cooper S: 1'02.477
ViPP Cooper S w/ racing susp mentioned above: 1'01.632 (racing exhaust)
ViPP Cooper S w/ sports susp mentioned above: 1'01.837 (racing exhaust)

Nissan Silvia Q’s Aero S14 ’96 (200 HP Class)

NissanSilviaQsAeroS14962.jpg

Parts to buy

NA stage 1
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
ECU
Semi-racing exhaust
Fully customisable transmission
Twin-plate clutch
Semi-racing flywheel
Carbon propeller shaft
Fully customisable LSD
Semi-racing suspension
Soft sport tires
Weight reduction stage 1

Settings

Transmission
Final: 3850
Auto: 1

LSD
Initial torque 20
Acceleration: 40
Deceleration: 20

Suspension
Spring rate: 3.0 / 4.0
Ride height: 105 / 105
Damper: 3 / 5
Camber: 3.0 / 2.0

Tires
Type: S3 / S2

Specs

199 Hp @ 6400 rpm
238 Nm @ 4800 rpm
1118 Kg

Comments

As you can see its power is almost at the limit of this class. That means it is fast on the straight even with relatively much weight. The setup was designed to create an easy controllable car with a little bit oversteer at the limit just to avoid the understeer. It has a lot of grip when going full throttle from a standing start and also in the corners it is hugely fast. Due to the high grip tires it doesn’t oversteer to much but if you equip it with lower grip tires it becomes easy to drift.

NissanSilviaQsAeroS1496.jpg

The X2R follows the successful S1R car but takes everything a step further. At it's heart the car is a simple X2, but the engine, suspension, and bodywork has all been reworked to make a true racer. The car competes in the GT1 class of Le Mans. The car won the Dream Car Championship despite some parts being removed to get under the desired $200,000 pricetag.

Specifications
Engine Type – V8: OHV
Displacement – 5.67L
Power - 674HP/6000rpm
Torque – 512/2ft.lb/4800rpm
Weight - 1 239kg (2 731lbs)
HP/Liter – 118.87
1/4 Mile – 10.835s
0-1000m – 19.121s
0-100kmh – 3.3s
Lap Time at Tokyo – 1'32.3xx
Lap Time at Midfield Raceway – 1'17.8xx

Parts:
NA Tuning Stage 3
Racing Exhaust
Racing Suspension
Stage 1/2 Weight Reduction
Racing Chip
Racing Flywheel
Racing Breaks
Racing Medium Tires
Racing Transmission
Yokohama 023 Wheels
3D Type B Wing

Settings
Spring Rate – 9.5/9.6
Ride Height – 85/90
Shock Bound – 8/8
Shock Rebound – 8/8
Camber Angle – 1.0/1.0
Toe Angel – 0/0
Stabilizers – 7/7

Transmission – Auto 13

Price
$199,220

Aquendwato,
The one thing I would say to change is a detail in your story about the X2R is the class of Le Mans you say it runs.
Fact is, GT2 is for cars like the F430 and GT3 911... I understand them to run less than 500hp... That Corvette you've got posted would easily fall into the GT1 class with that 600+ hp. 👍
Just something to consider but otherwise- great work. :cheers:

As always, I'm very happy to see so many still having fun with this concept. Keep up the good work everyone.
Finally I just want to mention that I have been keeping up with new garages and I think the thread is updated accordingly. :sly:

vince, i drove your mustang, i love it so much i have 2 of them. one is a track car and the other is a street tire car. awesome work.

Aquendwato,
The one thing I would say to change is a detail in your story about the X2R is the class of Le Mans you say it runs.
Fact is, GT2 is for cars like the F430 and GT3 911... I understand them to run less than 500hp... That Corvette you've got posted would easily fall into the GT1 class with that 600+ hp. 👍
Just something to consider but otherwise- great work. :cheers:

As always, I'm very happy to see so many still having fun with this concept. Keep up the good work everyone.
Finally I just want to mention that I have been keeping up with new garages and I think the thread is updated accordingly. :sly:

Edited. I thought the XJ220, GT LM, and Zonda were GT2, but compared to GT1 cars (ie: Corvette C5R) I guess it does makes sense to put them there.

Back