PS3 General Discussion

Actually the more I look at the picture the more the 80GB bit looks photoshopped... Because it looks so clear and in focus compared to the rest of the box which obviously was its created intention (to make people see the 80GB bit)....

To be honest it doesn't make much sense that Sony would change nothing and just give you 20GB more, unless this is the new Premium Version being sold at the same price and the 60GB version will be phased out. What would make more sense is to give added features to a premium model such as.. a built in PS2 card reader etc..

Even if it is true I wouldn't call it "pulling a Microsoft" since its just an HDD which can be bought separately from a number of different companies. Now if sony came out with an 80gig ps3 that had many new things or things that can't be added to the current system that would definitely be a "Microsoft"

I think it's just a PS job there, but it would be nice to have an 80GB model for U$599 and the 60GB model for U$499. :D

What else would an 80GB version offer?

The PS3 60GB is already spec'ed up to its eye balls surely?

Remember that as part of their FCC filing regarding the 80GB model there was also language describing an update/change to the bluetooth hardware. I have no idea what the details are however.

Well, I just played the Ninja Gaiden demo, and holy crap is it good. It's definitely very pretty (60fps with self-shadowing, it'll be 1080p when it releases), and the gameplay is really good as well.

Looks like I'll have something to keep me occupied until Lair comes around. :dopey:

Duċk;2644132
Well, I just played the Ninja Gaiden demo, and holy crap is it good. It's definitely very pretty (60fps with self-shadowing, it'll be 1080p when it releases), and the gameplay is really good as well.

Looks like I'll have something to keep me occupied until Lair comes around. :dopey:

Which store did you get it from?

Scaff

I only twigged about this and set up a new account the other day. Why oh why don't they just have the same content across all the stores?? Seems silly if you ask me. Ho hum, it's hardly something that will keep me awake at night. (I'll leave that job to my randy housemate and her ever-obliging boyfriend... jeez, get a room you two! Oh wait, they already do... right next to mine... :ouch: Get a room somewhere else then... :D )

G.T
The Japanese store.

I'm downloading now. :)

Thanks, I've go Hong Kong and US accounts, looks like I will have to set up a Japanese one as well. GT does the Japanese store have an English language option the same as the HK one or is it all in Japanese (because that will be fun).

Thanks in advance

Scaff

It's all in Japanese.

You'll have to remember where all the options are, as they're all laid out the same as the other accounts (or guesswork...). Most of the time you can put random letters/numbers in, even when address part comes up, you can put random letters/numbers in each - no address validation is requited. :odd: And a valid email is required, though.

Or this can help you, that I've just found:

http://blogs.ign.com/xheavenxsentx/2006/12/09/39684/

G.T
It's all in Japanese.

You'll have to remember where all the options are, as they're all laid out the same as the other accounts (or guesswork...). Most of the time you can put random letters/numbers in, even when address part comes up, you can put random letters/numbers in each - no address validation is requited. :odd: And a valid email is required, though.

Or this can help you, that I've just found:

http://blogs.ign.com/xheavenxsentx/2006/12/09/39684/

👍

Very, very handy

Scaff

why would sony bother upgrading the HDD to 80GB they may as well stick a 120GB or 200GB HDD in.

Duċk;2644132

The game is already 1080p....

Never mind, answered my own question.
Sorry for the trouble.
Thanks again. :cheers:

The game is already 1080p....

Really? Cool.

EDIT: Well, just checked the Store, and it looks like the Ninja Gaiden demo made it overseas... there's also a Virtua Tennis 3 demo, and a couple of game trailers.

Definitely made up for last week's lackluster lineup. 👍

There is a Folding@Home update as well to 1.1. New proteins to fold with a new funky noise when rotating the protein.

The Ninja Gaiden demo is only 720p... I checked the output details on the TV and it flipped to it.

The graphics were good, but nothing to shout about. There's still some stuff in it that made me think "previous gen", with the very bland textures when you look closely at some walls, and you walk "through" bodies on the floor. I still think Motorstorm looks better...

The game play is almost the same. Am I right to say that's the same location as in one of the previous games?

G.T
The Ninja Gaiden demo is only 720p... I checked the output details on the TV and it flipped to it.

The graphics were good, but nothing to shout about. There's still some stuff in it that made me think "previous gen", with the very bland textures when you look closely at some walls, and you walk "through" bodies on the floor. I still think Motorstorm looks better...

The game play is almost the same. Am I right to say that's the same location as in one of the previous games?
I think it's the same game released for Xbox, only now you can play with the girl too.

G.T

dsc00288zp8.jpg

No, it's 1080p.

Havnt seen any eyetoy news posted even though its a day or 2 old.
London, 26th April 2007. Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced the arrival of the next-generation PLAYSTATION®Eye camera.

Scheduled for a Summer release in Europe, PLAYSTATION Eye is an essential accessory for voice, video chat and online gaming that will enable gamers to enjoy their PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) experiences like never before.

Designed specifically for PS3 and featuring huge advances in USB camera and microphone technology, PLAYSTATION Eye is set to revolutionise the experience of online communication on the PLAYSTATION®Network. Expanding on the market-leading heritage of the EyeToy® USB Camera for PlayStation®2, the sophistication of the PLAYSTATION Eye naturally complements the advanced features and capabilities of PS3 – all in one slickly designed, unobtrusive unit.

Designed specifically to work with the next generation of social gaming titles and new services being developed for PS3, key features of the PLAYSTATION Eye include:

- A sophisticated microphone with the ability to reduce background noise and focus on the spoken word for smoother, more accurate speech recognition and transfer
- The ability to capture videos and audio clips directly to your PS3’s hard disk drive
- Engineered to perform well even in low-light conditions
- A range of different capturing modes, including slow motion and time-lapse
- Faster frame rate for improved tracking, responsiveness and smoothness
- Two position zoom lens for close-up and full body options
- A range of eye-catching visual effects to apply to photos and videos
- Bundled with EyeCreate™ editing software, which allows users to save and edit photos, video and audio clips

Will be interesting to see how well the mic holds up instead of using a headset.

playstation_eye_giz.jpg

And thats what it looks like..... pretty sweet with the black and red theme but I wish they had kept it called Eye Toy instead of PS3 Eye... I loved the eyetoy logo!

I'm glad the new Eye Toy is HD, anyway, I have finally got my Official Sony PS2 Memory Card Adapter for the PS3 through this morning, so now my PS2 has finally been stored away and well now I have a spare bit of space on my TV Stand.

I'm glad the new Eye Toy is HD, anyway.

Actually, I don't think it is. The numbers I saw the other day indicated 640x480 at 30fps, or 320x240 at 60fps. You'll note that the article Waxer posted never mentions the resolution, nor does it ever mention the phrase "high definition" or "HD".

but I wish they had kept it called Eye Toy instead of PS3 Eye... I loved the eyetoy logo!

Sounds like Ali G has just anounced it.

And Ninja Gaiden is defo 1080p my Sony tv says it is :sly: , its not a bad game but a bit repetative, but I do like the ease of use and the speed it plays. graphics are quite nice but nothing special, TBH I would not have looked at this game if I had no opertunity to download for free. I bet PS3 magazines are hurting right now.

Actually, I don't think it is. The numbers I saw the other day indicated 640x480 at 30fps, or 320x240 at 60fps. You'll note that the article Waxer posted never mentions the resolution, nor does it ever mention the phrase "high definition" or "HD".

It's 320x240 at 120fps, not 60.

Latest Posts

Back