Tuner Garages

• Thread starter Kent
  • 2,497 comments
How do i make the post

Welcome Mr. Shaffer.

well, first read through the tuning related section of the forum, read a couple of guides so you have a little knowledge about tuning, if you don't have already. Then find a car you like to tune.
then:
- do your tuning
- put all the parts you find on a list
- press new reply
- type the parts from your list
- tell us your story
- tell us your problems(ex: it has to much understeer, how could I solve it?)

(suggestion: put on the top why you chose the car, and a little history about the car. It gives the post something special.)

example post

Mitsubishi Mirage Cyborg ZR '97

mirage2hn8.jpg

Specifications
196HP/7500 RPM
186.98 Nm/7000 RPM
932 kg
4.753 Power to Weight Ratio

Parts
Racing exhaust
Port Polish
Racing chip
1 way LSD (optional)
FC Racing suspension
Stage 3 Weight reduction
Rays 020 wheels
Oil change

Suspension Settings
Spring Rate: 7.4/4.0
Ride height: 110/115
Damper Bound: 7/6
Damper Rebound: 8/7
Camber angle: 2.5/0.8
Toe: -1/0
Stabilisers: 3/4

No driving aids

Get the PDF file with the full specifications here and feel free to comment. Enjoy!!! 👍​

Dodge Charger 440 R/T '70
Black (sorry no pics)
Exhaust:Racing
Tires:sports medium
Nitrous: 50
Brake Controller: 12/14
Suspension:15.0/15.0
96/96
---/---
5/7
5/7
6.0/5.0
0/0
4/4
Tranny:
1:2.403
2:1.622
3:1.175
4:0.879
5:0.557
6:0.577
Final:4.503
Top Speed:203.33
I need Help on how to get a longer fifth gear( it goes up like 1o more mph in fifth)

Lotus Carlton '90

lotus1gm2.jpg

Initial Notes
Tuning a "brick" is no easy task, but this is my try at it. I've kept power almost stock and focused on suspension settings in order to improve the handling of this 1500+ kg beast.

Specifications
400HP/5200 RPM
583.39 Nm/4200 RPM
1655 kg
4.138 Power to Weight Ratio

Parts
Semi-Racing exhaust
Racing brakes
Semi-Racing suspension
S3 tires
3D Type BB Wing
Lotus wheels
Oil change

Suspension Settings
Spring Rate: 7.5/5.0
Ride height: 98/98
Damper: 4/5
Camber angle: 2.5/1.0

Downforce: 30/25

No driving aids

Get the PDF file with the full specifications here and feel free to comment. Enjoy!!! 👍​

Dodge SRT-4
Spoiler
Chrome Rims
Racing Exhaust
Racing Chip Sports
Racing Medium Tires
Nitrous MAX
Turbine Stage 3
Intercooler Racing
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller/6;9
Suspension:
Spring Rate/12.5;12.0
Height/117;147
Bound/5;4
Rebound/8;7
Camber/3.0;0.5
Toe/-2;-1
Stabilizers/4;3
Tranny Auto 11
No Driving Aids
Downforce/30;10
Limited slip:
Torque/5
accel/10
decel/10
Pretty fun car to drive
( I can afford any car on the game)

Hey guys, i was wondering if any of you have ever tried to tune a car using N tires, lets say N3s being they provide a bit more grip. There inlies a real challenge i would say. How much better can you improve a lap time using stock tires? If any of you have any entries for that, please post them, i would love to try them out!!

ever thought about tuning it with the gearbox? You can manually adjust the gears and make the gears longer.

Then again, 180 mph for a FF isn't hald bad.

( Can we post the Formula?)
Renault Clio V6 Dark Blue
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes/Controller:12;14
Full Modified Engine
Tranny FC/
1:2.943
2:1.959
3:1.420(LOL)
4:1.081
5:0.863
6:0.724
Final:4.070
Clutch TP
Flywheel RC
Limited Slip FC:10;20;15
Suspension RC:14.0/14.5;83/85;5/7;6/8;1.5/2.0;-2/-1;3/4
Racing Tires Soft
Full Weight Reduction
Spoiler 3D Type DB(Black)
Enkei Rims 029
Oil Change
(Quick Little Car)
(No aids)
(open to suggestions)
( My Toyota MINOLTA did 0'07.708 in Las Vegas power and speed!)

Hey guys, i was wondering if any of you have ever tried to tune a car using N tires, lets say N3s being they provide a bit more grip. There inlies a real challenge i would say. How much better can you improve a lap time using stock tires? If any of you have any entries for that, please post them, i would love to try them out!!

give me a car and I'll do it.
It can't be that hard.:nervous:

bjb
give me a car and I'll do it.
It can't be that hard.:nervous:

How about a 93-95 Efini RX-7, that should be a good one, i love that car, tune it anyway you want, but keep it on N3s. Test track is up to you. Cheers. Also for reference, give me your stock lap time vs. tuned lap time.

Do not get the SRT-4s, they suck so bad. I cant believe I spent 20 grand on a car that cant turn. It topped out at 180 mph... THAT SUCKS!!!
I can't believe that you dumped every available power upgrade into a FWD car and then are surprised that it doesn't want to turn with all that stuff roasting the front tires.

The SRT-4 is a great and fun car if you treat it reasonably and drive it effectively. Putting a huge amount of power into it is not treating it reasonably, and I'm betting that your throttle control and braking technique are not terribly effective, either.

FWD cars are far better as momentum cars than they are as point-and-shoot missles. That means you want to keep the power modest and focus on carrying as much speed smoothly through the turns as you can, rather than relying on brute force to dig you out of the hole on every corner.

Because weight transfer is the enemy of front-wheel-drive cars, FWD racers must strive for momentum. The object is to brake, steer, and accelerate smoothly and minimally in order to conserve velocity. If you’re used to a blunt power weapon like a Skyline or Supra, you’ll need to relearn your driving habits.

Because FWD cars tend to understeer, the natural response under stress is to steer even harder into the turn. This is counterproductive, since the understeer is caused by overloading the front tires to begin with. Reducing the amount of steering lock can help the front tires regain grip, resulting in a paradoxically tighter turn.

Braking techniques vary by car. Some FWD cars prefer to be braked heavily in a straight line before turn in, so that the front tires don’t get overloaded. This is the classic driving technique from the days of skinny, bias-ply tires. Many FWD cars, however, respond to trail braking, which means braking later and riding the brakes into the corner. Keeping the weight on the front and off the rears can help the car rotate into the corner, provided the front tires can handle the load. Brake hard at first, and ease off the brakes as you increase steering.

Just like braking, accelerating too much or too soon can interfere with tight cornering. There’s only so much traction to go around; spend it wisely. Try letting the car coast through the apex, and squeeze the power back on as you exit. Give as much throttle as possible without causing the front end to wash out in understeer. If the car heads outside, trailing throttle (a slight lift) should help tuck it back in.

Because of the limited traction, FWD cars benefit from and rely on a dogleg, late-apex line. Turning sharply and early in the turn, to straighten out the second half of the curve as much as possible, lets the driver get back in the throttle and carry more speed out of the corner.

Although the post is somewhat confrontational, I'm definately giving Duke positive reputation for that last post.
Take the advice he offers. FWD'ers are hard to work with and obviously Duke knows something about how to make them work. 👍

How about a 93-95 Efini RX-7, that should be a good one, i love that car, tune it anyway you want, but keep it on N3s. Test track is up to you. Cheers. Also for reference, give me your stock lap time vs. tuned lap time.

Ok I need a resaon to by the 93-95 Efini RX-7 anyway so I'll post the stock and Tuned times and settings if you want them. This may take some time as in I have to find the car money is not the problem.

On a side note does anyone know how to download you GT4 money in to your bank because I have 20,000,000 just sitting around doing nothing.

bjb
Ok I need a resaon to by the 93-95 Efini RX-7 anyway so I'll post the stock and Tuned times and settings if you want them. This may take some time as in I have to find the car money is not the problem.

On a side note does anyone know how to download you GT4 money in to your bank because I have 20,000,000 just sitting around doing nothing.

Perfect, can't wait to see what you come up with!

mercedes300yf5.jpg

mercedes3002nd2.jpg

The Mercedes-Benz 300SL is a two-seat, closed sports car with characteristic gull-wing doors. It was also given the name "Widowmaker" because many male drivers died when crashing their 300 SL's

Summary of the car:
Car: Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe;
Colour: White Grey;
Year: 1954;
Drive train: FR;
Dimensions: 4520 x 790 x 1300;
Mass: 1139 Kg;
Engine Type: L6: SOHC;
Displacement: 2996 cc;
Power: 249HP / 5800rpm;
Torque: 32.23kgf.m / 4600rpm.

Tuning Parts
CAR > Prize
Wheel BBS 017
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
Port Polish
Engine Balance
Semi Suspension kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Triple Clutch
Sports Flywheel
Variable LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
Sport Soft Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 1 and 2
Increase Rigidity
Body Rigidity Refresh Plan (If needed)

Total Spent: 164.150Cr.

Settings:
Break Balance Controller: 8/6
Suspension:
Spring Rate: 3.1 / 2.7
Ride Height: 129 / 136
Damper: 5 / 5
Camber Angle: 2.5 / 1.5​
LSD:
LSD Initial Torque: 5
LSD Acceleration: 60
LSD Deceleration: 10​
Transmission:
1st Gear:3.676
2nd Gear:2.480
3rd Gear:1.797
4th Gear:1.290
5th Gear: 0.972
Auto: 6
Final: 3.640​
Weight Control:
Ballast Weight: 50
Front / Rear Balance: -25​

NO DRIVING AIDS (0/0/0)

Top Speed: 256Km/h

This car was tested and tuned on: Autumn Ring Circuit:

Interesting Car LdS.:)

I could give you one tip:
turn of all driving aids, You will get to know the whole car then. Driving aids are there for people who just want to do some arcade racing. Since you are here, I'd guess you're not like that.

hope this was any help, happy tuning!

Interesting Car LdS.:)

I could give you one tip:
turn of all driving aids, You will get to know the whole car then. Driving aids are there for people who just want to do some arcade racing. Since you are here, I'd guess you're not like that.

hope this was any help, happy tuning!

Done. Thanks 👍

Very interesting choice in car indeed! It reminds me of when I tuned my old Jag E-type!

Just added a suspension guide for FFs in my FF specialty thread! Thought you guys might be interested! Heres a link !

Nicknamealguem’s Garage

This Garage/Tune/Company works for a single propose of/for tuning cars. Although trying always to do a balance between the Power/Speed/Performance/Handling of a car, we, at Nicknamealguem's garage, are more focused on the handling, trying always to make the balance.
Note: Our cars do not use any kind of driving aids, so please, when testing, turn them off (0/0/0). Click in the pictures too see more about the car. If you want to make a review of a car, feel comfortable and do it on the thread. If you have any doubts, questions and suggestions, please P.M. me.
Yours truly,
Nicknamealguem (tuner and owner of this garage.)

Cars

Normal, we see them often
Born-again Monaro

History through the Ages of Beauty
The "Windowmaker"

4-cylinder

The Pink Duck

So close to the road that must be a Roadster

Japanese Tune up​

The “Integra” Replacement

The Richest Luxury
The 300SL Inspired

American Muscle

Super Cars!!!
Without the Strips

The world’s first 16 cylinder

Beyond the Concept
The Frog

Requested Cars
minichris502 request

Competitions
The Toyota RSC on the 350 Touge Battle! - an an undeserved position…

Last edited:
Back