Tuner Garages

• Thread starter Kent
  • 2,497 comments
I'll see what I can do.

edit

MFT Camaro Z/520 '69

My biggest gripe in typical american cars is the fact that the torque and power have been split apart. Torque is low down, and horsepower high up. There are few exceptions though, like some Chevrolets. This time I used '69 305ci Z/28 Camaro, and gave it more power and improved the handling and drivetrain. Thus, I represent MFT Camaro Z/520'69! (pics will be up tomorrow)

What you need: Chevrolet Camaro 305ci Z/28 '69

oilchange, racing exhaust, racing chip, NA stage 3,port polish, engine balancing, S3 tyres, racing brakes, brake controller, racing suspension, racing transmission, triple plate clutch, racing flywheel, carbon driveshaft, FC LSD, weigh reduction stage 2/3

Suspension:
SR: 5.0/3.0
RH: 110/110
DBS: 5/3
DRBS: 5/3
Camber: 3.0/1.5
Toe: 0/-2
Stabilizer: 5/2

LSD
I:30
A:13
D:5

BBC: 5/3

Alright...
The list on the first page has been updated.
Took a while to run back through the thread but I've found a couple of garages to add to the list.
Also, Mr. Shaffer has been submitting cars but no garage has been posted (as far as I can tell) and without a garage he/you will not be listed in the first post.

That aside, I'm glad to see people are still having fun with this thread.
If any ever gets around to trying the last car I did (my Supra I've been slowly tuning since I first got the game) please let me know what you think. 👍

Nothing else for me to say now so I'll let you all get back to the tuning.
Have fun! :cheers:

I have been tweaking my S2000 when I have some spare time over the last few months or so, that hopefully will be up quite shortly just some really, really vigorous testing to come then it will be fit for everyone elses use.
After that I don't know anymore cars that I would like to tune apart from maybe a Impreza.

LdS's Merc 300SL First Impressions

Hi LdS and welcome to the Tuner Garages thread. I've tried your first (from many, I hope) car and I've decided to reply with a small review and maybe some tips. This way someone might be more interested in testing the car, so we can compare opinions on it.

I've tried it with your settings, except the driving aids. You can perfectly turn them to 0 and the car would still be drivable (I'm an average GT4 driver). You just need to have a little throttle control (not smashing the accel button), specially in tight turns or when you're in 2nd or 3rd gear. The car feels stable even if I only tested it in smooth surfaces like Tsukuba, where by the way, managed a 1'01.802 lap.

I've set the Brake Balance Controller to 3/3 since you haven't specified any values. But then tweaked it to 5/8 and managed a 1'00.942 lap (almost 1sec better). This values allowed the car to enter the corners with a bit more speed, since the rear brake bias helped turning the car. Using the ghost replay of the first time I could easily gain a lot of ground exiting the first corner with these values.

I've enjoyed testing this Merc, representing a bit of a challenge and also being interesting to drive, because you have to baby her in some corners. Nice work 👍

Has anyone found out why road tyres are better then sports tyres in the wet, because I tested the time diffrenets with road (E3) and sport (S2) tyres and the time gap is up to 3 seconds.

alfaromeosprintzu3.jpg

alfaromeosprint2ht4.jpg

It was this car that spearheaded the Alfa Romeo marketing campaign that led to wider international sales of the brand's products.

Summary of the car:
Car: Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale;
Colour: Rosso Alfa;
Year: 1963;
Drive train: FR;
Dimensions: 4120 x 1660 x 1245;
Mass: 893 Kg;
Engine Type: L4: SOHC;
Displacement: 1570 cc;
Power: 152HP / 6500rpm;
Torque: 17.83kgf.m / 4200rpm.

Tuning Parts
Parts
CAR > Prize
Wheel: Enkei 017
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
Stage 1 NA
Port Polish
Engine Balance
Semi Suspension kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Triple Clutch
Sports Flywheel
Variable LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
Normal Road Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 1 and 2

Total Spent: 75.500Cr.

Setting
Break Balance Controller: 5 /13
Suspension:
Spring Rate: 6.0 / 3.0
Ride Height: 100 / 100
Damper: 5 / 5
Camber Angle: 4.0 / 2.0​
LSD:
LSD Initial Torque: 5
LSD Acceleration: 60
LSD Deceleration: 5​
Transmission:
1st Gear: 2.919
2nd Gear: 2.065
3rd Gear: 1.552
4th Gear: 1.220
5th Gear: 0.954
6th Gear: 0.752
Final: 4.555
Auto: 6​
Weight Control:
Ballast Weight: 25
Front / Rear Balance: -15​

NO DRIVING AIDS (0/0/0)

Top Speed: 229 Km/h

This car was tested and tuned on: Costa di Amalfi Circuit: 2’31.983

Hey all,

just a thought:

Idea for a challenge

- You invite 2(,3, 4, 5, etc) people with a tuner garage.
- Choose a car.
- Choose a track.
- Let the dude's do the tuning.
- They send their settings to Kent(or anyone who wants to be the judge).
- The judge judges the Settings and chooses a winner.

Any suggestions?

I think this way we can learn big stuff from each other and it give's a little exitement too.:D

Vince.

Hey all,

just a thought:

Idea for a challenge

- You invite 2(,3, 4, 5, etc) people with a tuner garage.
- Choose a car.
- Choose a track.
- Let the dude's do the tuning.
- They send their settings to Kent(or anyone who wants to be the judge).
- The judge judges the Settings and chooses a winner.

Any suggestions?

I think this way we can learn big stuff from each other and it give's a little exitement too.:D

Vince.

I'm up to it :sly: Nice idea 👍 💡

and how does that differ from the tuning competitions that we had in the tuning and settings-subforum months ago?

then we had what, 5 judges and about 10 participants etc.. but it died off after 16 events.

Unfortunatly, Leo is right and the proposed idea is exactly like the old tuning competitions. However, I believe Kent had a rather good idea with a mock touge style race. If enough people show interest in that I am sure we could get something going. 👍

peace,
eg6_dude

Has anyone tried my Camaro yet? it relies on weight shifting and throttle control since I made it understeer a bit. good car for beginners that are moving to more powerful cars.

Has anyone tried my Camaro yet? it relies on weight shifting and throttle control since I made it understeer a bit. good car for beginners that are moving to more powerful cars.

Believe me Leo, I've wanted to judge your settings...
It's just time breaking me up. There is always the choice of GTP or homework.

Luckily I have found a day off(today) and no homework.:bowdown:

So You can expect to see a post about your cars soon.

Edit:
So I went to your garage, looked around a bit and found myself 2 cars that deserve a level of higher interest:

- The MFT Evo.
- The MFT Focus.

And don't forget to let your keen eye to pass one of mine, mmkay?;)

Roger that! :dopey: I've just found a perfect car that almost rivals MX-5 and MR2 in very fun and involving cornering attitude! coming to my garage soon..

thus, after finishing with the mysterious sportscar, I'll take some of your precious ones under close inspection!

Roger that! :dopey: I've just found a perfect car that almost rivals MX-5 and MR2 in very fun and involving cornering attitude! coming to my garage soon..

thus, after finishing with the mysterious sportscar, I'll take some of your precious ones under close inspection!

What, you finally found the MGs in GT4? ;) :lol:
Also, while I'm in here, I just want to mention that I never got feedback on my Supra. True, I don't exactly need the feedback (because I know the car for myself) but I'd love to pass the car on to another racer so they might be able to enjoy a super fast Supra on sports tires (that's right, a fast Supra on Sports tires, not racing tires! ) :P

Nah, it's american car.. keep guessing :sly:

well, I think I could give your Supra a shot too, after trying Vince's GT500.

Well, hope you like the Supra if you get a chance to drive it.
Also, you've given away the car. :sly:
I'll leave it to you to reveal what it is, although I get the feeling many people will know the instant they read "American." :lol:
If I'm thinking of the right car though, it should be a great competitor with the Miata and MR-S... More than likely, I'd say it will be an even better car than either one of those. 👍
(that's speculation though) :D

actually, fully tuned it's probably bit slower than Miata, but in corners just as fun. we shall see though. I have to re-do the setup because thunderstorm caused power surge and I hadn't saved for a while..:ouch:

Aah nice car choice.:D

I hope you'll have great fun with it.:)

Don't forget the feedback! ;)

I'll get on your Evo right away!:P
Edit 1: It's a pretty hard one to get, you could name it "a kind of a rare car..."
Edit 2: Hmm, I have got 2 evo's now, but they are both white...:(

fordgtgk7.jpg

fordgt2gm2.jpg

It is a very high-performance, two-seater vehicle with a strong styling resemblance to its racing ancestor and performance to match.

Summary of the car:
Car: Ford GT;
Colour: Mark IV Red Clearcoat;
Year: 2005;
Drive train: MR;
Dimensions: 4643x1953x1125;
Mass: 1435 Kg;
Engine Type: V8: DOHC;
Displacement: 5409 cc;
Power: 599HP / 6500rpm;
Torque: 74.07kgf.m / 3750rpm.

Tuning Parts:
CAR > Prize
Wheel: BBS 017
Wing: 3D Type AB
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
Port Polish
Engine Balance
Racing Chip
Racing Suspension
Fully Customisable Transmission
Triple Clutch
Sports Flywheel
Variable LSD
Racing Super Hard Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 1 and 2

Total Spent: 98.580

Setting:
Break Balance Controller: 5 / 8
Suspension:
Spring Rate: 7.8 / 9.0
Ride Height: 87 / 87
Dampers (all): 5 / 5
Camber Angle: 1.0 / 1.5
Toe Angle: -1 / 1
Stabilizers: 7 / 7​
LSD:
LSD Initial Torque: 10
LSD Acceleration: 60
LSD Deceleration: 15​
Downforce: 20 / 30
Transmission:
1st Gear: 3.716
2nd Gear:2.385
3rd Gear: 1.630
4th Gear: 1.208
5th Gear: 0.873
6th Gear: 0.667
Final: 3.360
Auto: 14​

NO DRIVING AIDS (0/0/0)

Top Speed: 352 Km/h

This car was tested and tuned on: Trial Mountain Circuit: 1’26.131

yeah, I know.. black cars are faster :lol: :D

Lol @ Leo :P

*MFT Evo review*

So, after a couple of hours buying rims to get the car, I took the car out for a drive.

First impression:

Whoa!! What an acceleration.:embarrassed: It's just amazing.:)

Well maybe that's just because I was just getting used to FF drivetrains. As you all know, there is a big difference between AWD and FF...:P

Second impression:

The car, it steers great. Even under high speeds.
It's just wonderful how you've managed to put sll this power under such control. Bravo!

Your settings have beaten my GT500 @ GVS:

MFT Evo: 2'03.495
VIPP GT500: 2'03.764

Was this car worth the wait?

Yes.

I'm grateful of your review. I'll add VIPP GT500 review today. last days at school have been hectic, so I haven't had much timne to do such thing. same goes for Kent's supra.

VIPP GT500 Review

I have just one word for this car, and its "FUN!". I did leave the TCS off and ran a lap on the GVS with S2's, resulting as 2'04.343, only a second behind your time that was presumably done with S3-tires, am I right? Anyways, I had to be careful with the throttle especially in corner and especially when exiting the corner. Tail did break loose easily, lit up the rears and resulted as drifting through the last tunnel, which was immensely fun.

You hadn't done much to the suspension, but no worries, since FoMoCo didn't do much to it either. The car could had handled better with bit more daring suspension setup, but it takes some experience before diving into the wonders of suspension tuning. Anyways, VIPP GT500 is a promising and fun car, as long as one knows how to either control throttle or countersteer. :D:tup:

I give this car.. hmm.. 7½+/10. Next time, I suggest that you'd forget the power and concentrate on trying different things with the suspension while using sport tires. After that, if you transfer the things you've learned into this car, I believe that VIPP GT500 could go under 2'00.000 at GVS.

VIPP GT500 Review

I have just one word for this car, and its "FUN!". I did leave the TCS off and ran a lap on the GVS with S2's, resulting as 2'04.343, only a second behind your time that was presumably done with S3-tires, am I right? Anyways, I had to be careful with the throttle especially in corner and especially when exiting the corner. Tail did break loose easily, lit up the rears and resulted as drifting through the last tunnel, which was immensely fun.

You hadn't done much to the suspension, but no worries, since FoMoCo didn't do much to it either. The car could had handled better with bit more daring suspension setup, but it takes some experience before diving into the wonders of suspension tuning. Anyways, VIPP GT500 is a promising and fun car, as long as one knows how to either control throttle or countersteer. :D:tup:

I give this car.. hmm.. 7½+/10. Next time, I suggest that you'd forget the power and concentrate on trying different things with the suspension while using sport tires. After that, if you transfer the things you've learned into this car, I believe that VIPP GT500 could go under 2'00.000 at GVS.

Thanks Leo for your time.:)

I thinks it was with S2's, but well, you might know I still drove with driving aids when I made that setup.

I could do a suspention improvement, but I think I need more experience with it before that.

have to go! will edit some more in later(tonight)

Back