Tuner Garages

• Thread starter Kent
  • 2,497 comments
Kent's Supra

Honestly, when I first saw the differential setup, I was like "is this guy serious..?", but then i drove it, and I have to admit that it wasn't what I expected it to be. Fast..? yes. Wheelspin? yes, unless you know how to control throttle or use bigger gears in corners. After all, this car was pretty similar to VIPP GT500, but more eager to turn in corners. it also accelerates like bat out of hell, and pulled impressive 1'58.847 at GVS, which is almost exactly same, as my new secret project that doesn't have any downforce.. yet. :mischievous:

I give this car 8½/10 for surprisingly good handling despite the wacky "welded diff"-setup.:dopey: and next, I shall introduce my secret project.. be patient.:sly:

Kent's Supra

Honestly, when I first saw the differential setup, I was like "is this guy serious..?", but then i drove it, and I have to admit that it wasn't what I expected it to be. Fast..? yes. Wheelspin? yes, unless you know how to control throttle or use bigger gears in corners. After all, this car was pretty similar to VIPP GT500, but more eager to turn in corners. it also accelerates like bat out of hell, and pulled impressive 1'58.847 at GVS, which is almost exactly same, as my new secret project that doesn't have any downforce.. yet. :mischievous:

I give this car 8½/10 for surprisingly good handling despite the wacky "welded diff"-setup.:dopey: and next, I shall introduce my secret project.. be patient.:sly:

Many thanks to you kind sir. :bowdown: :bowdown:
Not because of the grade (although I appreciate that as well) but because you took the time to give the Supra a drive.
It's very rewarding to have someone check out the product (even if it hadn't had a good result).
So again, thank you and please let me know when I can return the favor. :cheers:
(btw, + rep... In my world, contributing by testing my Supra is a quality contribution to the thread as well as my GT4 career. 👍 )

Many thanks to you kind sir. :bowdown: :bowdown:
Not because of the grade (although I appreciate that as well) but because you took the time to give the Supra a drive.
It's very rewarding to have someone check out the product (even if it hadn't had a good result).
So again, thank you and please let me know when I can return the favor. :cheers:
(btw, + rep... In my world, contributing by testing my Supra is a quality contribution to the thread as well as my GT4 career. 👍 )

Kent, just at note: Your golf GTI looks very interesting.:)

Especially that time you've managed at Tsukuba!

This thread is somewhat dying. It needs something (instead of just posting cars tuned) to reanimate it. How about some challenges? Like someone (whit a garage) challenge another one (whit a garage and cars already edited). Example: I edit a car…a Dodge Viper GTS, and challenge one of DLRgian’s Dodge Viper Srt-10 (example). We take the settings from one and other and test each other cars or/and, in one course we see what car do the best time.
No judges, just a sort of (post link?) whit the challenges and the winners (name and car).
And the challenges are randomly, in free will and with the agreement of both.
This is only an idea…and of course, it needs Kent’s authorization (if it goes forward).

Ok, I'm interested in a doing a challenge as well... So, this is what I would like to establish...
What category of car will the challenge encompass?

I'm thinking either the 200 class or the 350 class. 👍
Let me know which one you all would preffer. After that I will post the track... Then you all can submit one car each for that particular challenge.

From there I will link the cars in a new thread (a challenge thread) and we will grade them (all of us).

Sort of like the idea of a touge challenge only with more judges.

So for now... What class should the challenge fall under?
Then I will announce a track and give everyone a week to submit their cars.

Maybe the submissions should go to me via PM and I will post them all at once in the other thread.

In any case, get back to me regarding the "class" we will use! :cheers:
(looking forward to both creating and testing in this challenge so let's get it on!)

well, I have to add few cars that fit within 200/350 class, otherwise I'm just good. what kind of power tolerance are you thinking, +-10 bhp, depending of the aspiration etc..?

Ok, I'm interested in a doing a challenge as well... So, this is what I would like to establish...

Let me know which one you all would preffer. After that I will post the track... Then you all can submit one car each for that particular challenge.

From there I will link the cars in a new thread (a challenge thread) and we will grade them (all of us).

Sort of like the idea of a touge challenge only with more judges.

So for now... What class should the challenge fall under?
Then I will announce a track and give everyone a week to submit their cars.

Maybe the submissions should go to me via PM and I will post them all at once in the other thread.

In any case, get back to me regarding the "class" we will use! :cheers:
(looking forward to both creating and testing in this challenge so let's get it on!)

Is this same like WRS

true Shangnoob...

but, we could do it different.

Like restrictions(HP between this and that, etc..)

p.s. @ Leo: in your garage, you told your MFT evo is an "evo with an AYC gadget" beater...
So I was planning to make an VIPP Evo, to give your car a bit of a challenge.;)

to be continued...

p.s. @ Leo: in your garage, you told your MFT evo is an "evo with an AYC gadget" beater...
So I was planning to make an VIPP Evo, to give your car a bit of a challenge.;)

to be continued...

Bring it on! :mischievous: I'll prepare my 6.2 mile VI RS for a battle.. I know that the used one is bit of a beast but this is even more so! Tons of grip and even that nervous tail-end swinging during braking has been fixed.. :D :cool:

true Shangnoob...

but, we could do it different.

Like restrictions(HP between this and that, etc..)

Explanation:
We also could take 2 (different) cars, with the same kg/hp rating...
Say a FR against a AWD.(FR for the more experienced tuner offcourse) This way we could keep it a challenge for everyone.

did I miss something?

agreed?

Any suggestions?

@ Leo: Okay, you can expect my VIPP Evo VII GT-A settings in a couple of days.:) just a question: You'll judge my settings?

Some details:
My test track: Citta d'aria.(Touge style.:D)

Agreed. don't be afraid to touch the suspension this time, it won't bite. :)

just after brief test, I can already tell you that you need to be in low 1'30s if you want to challenge me for real.

Let me know which one you all would preffer.

Are 200hp and 350hp the limit that it will be putted or, we can chose cars whit a approximate number of hp (350 = ~320~380)??? I think that it should enter/put both 200hp and 350hp (do some challenges in 200hp and some in 350hp (and in this way we can please Greeks and Troians). But if it is only one…I prefer 350hp.

I was thinking also:idea: ….why won’t you do a type of WRS but fore tunners (I don’t know if this exists or existed or is going to exist or was going to exist but it was quitted).
Something like, you give an track, and limits (HP, tyres (and in special events – manufactures or year or era/époque)), and we post cars setting and time and someone judge it. :)

Of course and again I say: _This is only and another idea 💡 (just trying to inspire the inspiration of the mind)👍

(Offtopic
well, I have to add few cars that fit within 200/350 class, otherwise I'm just good. what kind of power tolerance are you thinking, +-10 bhp, depending of the aspiration etc..?

Hey Leonidae, did you notice that this post was post number 666??? (scary)) :nervous:

Agreed. don't be afraid to touch the suspension this time, it won't bite. :)

just after brief test, I can already tell you that you need to be in low 1'30s if you want to challenge me for real.

WTF, What Tyres your flyin' on? R5??:P
I was near a 1'36. but I didn't do any finetuning yet.

WTF, What Tyres your flyin' on? R5??:P
I was near a 1'36. but I didn't do any finetuning yet.

R3's, buddy, R3's..:sly:

and I believe I could squeeze about 1½ seconds off it when I find a way to get out of corners without slowing down to walking pace or making a massive burnout..:crazy: :scared: :nervous:

Well, I'd rather we do 350 than 200 because my intention was to keep a 200 class in the FF only state of mind. :sly:

So, 350 it will be.
Now for the next part of setting up a touge challenge...
I need people to submit the cars that will run in the challenge.
So here's the deal...

New thread coming, labeled "Touge 350 Challenge."
Will be posted in the Tuning Forum, I'll be back with a link shortly. :D

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95330

R3's, buddy, R3's..:sly:

and I believe I could squeeze about 1½ seconds off it when I find a way to get out of corners without slowing down to walking pace or making a massive burnout..:crazy: :scared: :nervous:

Lol, I was on S2's, and I still got 1'36.XXX:D
Time to switch to R3's then.
This gives some hope..:P

p.s. Well, Throttle control is against massive burnouts, isn't it?:scared: Or you could try to do a drift in those corners:)

can people still submit to be a tuner because I have an sti I would really like to put up?:sly:

Of course you can... This thread isn't going under or ending, we are simply doing a little showdown on the side. :D
Feel free to post a garage and car anytime you wish. :cheers:

In real life i compete in Historic Touring Cars, you can check us out at www.historictouringcars.com.au The fastest car in the class is a '69 Camaro SS 350. I was so pleased to find one in GT4 and felt compelled to build one to our rules.

Stage 3 NA tune, port & polish, balance & blueprint, chip (carbs in real life), race exhaust. This should give 480hp.
Triple plate clutch, racing flywheel & standard brakes and no weight reduction & no wing. S2 tyres. Chassis refresh & roll cage.

FC transmission & custom LSD
1st gear 2.5
2nd gear 1.8
3rd gear 1.3
4th gear 1.0

Final drive 3.08:1

Set the LSD to 60 on Accell & 5 on decell & initial (to simulate a Detroit locker).

Minimum ride height is 100mm. Try 3 to 4 degrees of neg. camber on the front and about 1 degree on the rear.

Inspired by its new version, the E63 Amg. I decided to make the E55 Amg in GT4 behave like its newer counterpart. Mild power upgrades to put it in around the same hp range, but the weakest link is the 5 speed transmission, at least give me a 6!! Here is my current setup, using B-spec on Inferion(spelling?) the longer one took 1:48.111. Tsukuba laptime around 1:05.

E55 Amg Setting:

-E55 Amg (I prefer a dark color)
-Oil Change
-Semi-Racing exhaust upgrade
-Racing Chip
-Port polish (Total hp should add up to 540)
-Triple-plate clutch
-Semi-Racing flywheel
-Carbon driveshaft
-Brake Balancer
-Comfort Tires!!
-Fully-customizable suspension

Settings:
SR F:7.2 R:6.0
RH F:108 R:110
B F:6 R:6
RB F:6 R:6
Camber: F:2.2 R:1.2
Toe F:0 R:-1
Anti-Roll F:3 R:4

Brake Balancer
F:3 R:3

Can someone please try this setting out, as it has spent me around 3 hours to tune it, I know its not perfect yet so I welcome suggestions. And if it is possible please post your time on the same track,so I can refer to and compare with my driving. Thank you

These last two entries are... how can I say it??? Interesting :mischievous:

I'll review them soon!!! 👍

@ LdS: Where did you get that nice looking Ford GT without the stripes??? Or is it photoshop skill you're showing us???

These last two entries are... how can I say it??? Interesting :mischievous:

I'll review them soon!!! 👍

@ LdS: Where did you get that nice looking Ford GT without the stripes??? Or is it photoshop skill you're showing us???

In the Premium Sports Lounge races(Extreme Events) you can win Ford GT's with and without stripes.

Sorry Leo, I hope you don't mind, I'm having some trouble with a girl, which eats the time I planned to use for my tuning...

first date tomorrow:scared:

Back