Tuner Garages

• Thread starter Kent
  • 2,497 comments
To Minichris502
I didn’t know how to tune cars (and steel I don’t know) until I entered in this tuner garage thread. I putted everything that exists, and never cared about driving aids. In cars tuned for competitions (on GT4), I tuned the cars I was going to use to the maximum, because I thought that, with maximum speed, I win everything, which is true in one manner, but in the other half, the car lost his stability. I could care less, with the settings part; all that I cared was…winning.
Now, after my first submission on this tuner garage thread, I learned how to feel a car, how to understand and to point out, what it misses, and how it feels.
I what you to do something. In the next car post (and I hope you post many), give up the driving aids, because they are false friends. They give a car a good handle but, low a bit the speed and false the tune of the car. Without the driving aids and with the perfect or a good suspension setup and/or others settings, your cars can do a better lap, than they do whit the driving aids.
All this to say: Give up the driving aids, they are false friends. When testing a car, first, put off all the driving aids, then, test 2 laps whit the car just to feel it. Then point out what it needs (more steer, less steer, more HP… )and only after that buy the tuning parts that you think you need to better the car, and the settings to use.
I’m not better than anyone at tuning, I’m just a noob and I’m just telling you about my experience (that isn't much, but the tinny part of it, I've lerned).
This works whit me and it’s a lot more fun.
I Hope this cleaned your mind, and remember, try not to put Driving aids.
👍

@ leonidae:

I have found myself some time this afternoon, so the updated and upgraded settings will be on soon!

hope I didn't let you wait too long.

IMG0001.jpg

Specs
HP 632
Torque 497.12ft-lbs
Weight 1079Kg
Build Cost-238,580 Credits

Upgrades
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
Full Customize Transmission
Triple Plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
Stage 4 Turbo
Racing Intercooler
Original Suspension
R3 Tires
Stage 1 Weight Reduction
Stage 2 Weight Reduction
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
OZ 030 Wheels
Oil Change

Settings

Spring Rate F:10.2/ R:8.2
Ride Height F:74/ R:76
Camber Angle F:2.1/ R:1.2
Stabilizers F:5/ R:4

Gear Ratios AUTO:14

Driving Aids
ASM (oversteer) 0
ASM (understeer) 0
TCS 2

Comments: This car is awesome it very fast and handles good. You may need to buy a brake controller though depending on how hard you like to brake.

IMG0003-1LOTUS.jpg

LOTUS MOTOR SPORT ELISE '99
Horsepower: 342@8000rpm
Torque: 237@8000rpm
Mileage: 1,735.7
Weight: 637kg ( 1404lbs )

Upgrades:
Racing Exhaust
Sports Chip
Nitrous ( 100 shot )
Stage 3 Turbokit
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
Racing Suspension
Full Customizable Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Full Customizable Limited-Slip
Stage 1-3 Weight Reduction
Port and Polish
Engine Balancing
Roll Cage / Stiffness
2 x Rigidity Refresher ( I beat on it pretty hard, hence why hp is low too )

Settings:
Brakes F: 9 R: 8
Spring Rate F: 10.0kgt/mm R: 9.8kgt/mm
Ride Height F: 76mm R: 76mm
Shock Bound F: 6 R: 6
Shock Rebound F: 6 R: 6
Camber F: 2.5 R: 1.3
Stabilizers F: 5 R: 5
Downforce F: 30 R: 35
Initial Torque: 11
Limited-Slip Acceleration: 35
Limited-Slip Deceleration: 19
Trans: Auto 12, w/ 4.175 Final, .755 6th

Driving Aids:
ASM (oversteer) 0
ASM (understeer) 0
TCS 0

You drive this car with driving aids and you're an idiot.

It's not the fastest car straight line but once you get in the corners w/ R3's it's worth it's weight in gold. On R3's will cut 1:30's on El Captain with a decent driver, Johnny AI on S2's will cut 1:45-1:55 - AI skill dependant - ( for you endurance guys that's a nice 10-15s lead on the next fastest car on El Captain's Endurance Race ).

Drift kid, that Rx-7 looks nice with those OZ wheels.👍

oh and Leo, I have a little problem with the settings.
I had set the Evo all up, and got a fabulous 1'28.77 on Citta. I had forgotten I hadn't added a GT wing yet. So I did, and put the downforce on 12 and 15.
Now the car is, fabulously, 2 seconds slower!(I had run 7 laps, fastest: 1'30.9) Is it my driving, or the wing?
I don't get it...
anyone's got an idea?

edit: It does handle much better now, though.;)

The cause of the decreased speed might be the drag from the downforce. The track is slow so the added grip doesn't make that much of a difference but the drag does, especially on the long climb to the finish. Increasing the downforce level would give the car more bite to begin overcoming the problem by raising the cornering speeds, and the higher front downforce is a critical part in making that car turn.

The better handling may actually be just the wing causing more understeer and rubbing off the speed... :P

- R -

Finally Scool Vacations!!!:bowdown:
Now I have time to post reviews of the cars tune and post cars.:)
This two last cars look great, maybe I'll give them a try.👍

Stage III Seat Ibiza Cupra '04

This is my first front wheel drive tuner and again is specifically setup for use on the track. Using Racing tyres traction problems are not too severe for the power given out.

Specification

Engine Type: L4: DOHC
Displacement: 1781cc
Power 349PS @ 5800rpm
Torque 296.55ft.lb @ 2000rpm
Mass 1035 Kg

Modifications: Racing Exhaust & Air Filter, Racing Brakes Kit, Brake Controller, Port Polish, Engine Balancing, Racing Chip, Transmission Fully Customisable, Triple Clutch, Racing Flywheel, 1.5 way LSD, Stage 3 Turbine Kit, Large Racing Intercooler, Racing Suspension, Stage 3 Weight Reduction, Increased Rigidity.

Total Cost: 210,380 Credits

Settings

Suspension & Brakes (Front/Rear)

Brake Balance: 4 / 4

Spring Rate: 7.0 / 9.5
Ride Height: 100 / 100
Damper (Bound): 3 / 4
Damper (Rebound): 4 / 5
Camber Angle: 2.5 / 2.0
Toe Angle: -2 / 1
Stabiliser: 4 / 4

Driving Aids

ASM Understeer: 0
ASM Oversteer: 0
TCS Controller: 2

Transmission (Auto Set): 8
Tyres: Racing Hard (R2)
Alloys: O.Z. 001

Performance & Notes

Top Speed: 179.40 mph
0-1000m: 24.188 @ 148.6 mph
0-400m: 14.177 @ 115.7 mph

This is also my first stage 3 project though this is due to the limitations of the engine. As usual comments etc. are welcome. :)

The cause of the decreased speed might be the drag from the downforce. The track is slow so the added grip doesn't make that much of a difference but the drag does, especially on the long climb to the finish. Increasing the downforce level would give the car more bite to begin overcoming the problem by raising the cornering speeds, and the higher front downforce is a critical part in making that car turn.

The better handling may actually be just the wing causing more understeer and rubbing off the speed... :P

- R -

Thanks Greycap for your help!
Would increasing downforce reduce braking distances too?
how far could I go with downforce? Does maximizing it out have any downsides?

Edit: oh I found some background information: here
"Generally speaking, you should always maximize downforce on both the front and the rear, maximum stability at high speed is always a good thing." -GT Center.eu
Anyone agrees?

Thanks Greycap for your help!
Would increasing downforce reduce braking distances too?
how far could I go with downforce? maxing out?
You're very welcome! Yes, it would, not by very much but every inch is valuable. Go for the downforce Leonidae mentioned, I'm sure it will make a difference. That thing about maxing it on both ends is total bull**** if you ask me, I doubt I have full rear downforce on pretty much any tuned road car. Make life interesting... :P

FLK, that Ibiza looks promising but there is one really big thing bugging me. It's the tyres. Every single piece of crap in this game will handle amazingly well on R5 tyres, even on R3. As a result the settings play strictly the rhythm guitar while the tyres take care of the highlights... still you opted to use the traction control which hinders the agility of the car. It's fast, but sometimes speed isn't everything.

- R -

Fair comment as I am probably addicted to using R5 tyres, I just want to get the most performance out of the cars and setups and using the best tyre surely helps achieve this?

I still think R5 tyres are necessary for my first two cars due to the power but I'll consider race hards or even sports for my next 300-500 bhp projects that I am currently working on.

FLK
Fair comment as I am probably addicted to using R5 tyres, I just want to get the most performance out of the cars and setups and using the best tyre surely helps achieve this?

I still think R5 tyres are necessary for my first two cars due to the power but I'll consider race hards or even sports for my next 300-500 bhp projects that I am currently working on.

R5s you got 13.4? try adjusting a ton of settings, if you want the lowest possible 400m ET turn TCS all the way up ( but where's the fun in that, all you do is mash the accelerater and shift when necessary and punch Nitrous in 2 or 3... and you should drop to high 12s on R5s)

Did you update the old setup or are you going to post new settings? I could give them a go later today.

Well I didn't update it yet... That was because of the little downforce problem.
I hope they'll be up this afternoon, but I don't know that for sure yet. Two big exams tomorrow, so things are still unclear...

sure thing, no rush. I'm just trying to tame Ford GT..:scared: :crazy: this car is a total axe murderer! I know 900bhp cars that are easier to drive than this 615bhp monster.. oh, wait, it's a Ford.. that's why it decides to bite my head off without warning. 💡 :lol:

With the way people are talking about, and happily testing the Ford GT, I am sure my next tuner will be the GT. :mischievous:
I'm hoping to tune it so it is easy to handle yet still as fast as ever. The one problem will surely be the braking distances (which makes a driver's technique all that much more important).
None the less, I'm going to start working on that very soon, I look forward to seeing what you all have to say once I've managed to create a setup. :D

Until then,
-

well, the Ford GT that I have is the prize car from the premium sports lounge, which might explain the twitchy behaviour. I heard a rumour that the downforce would be different in it, and I think that I can agree with that..:nervous: 700bhp RUF is easy to drive when compared to this.

LOTUS MOTOR SPORT ELISE '99

Well, first I was very septic about the tuning of this car.:guilty: I’ve tested the car only whit the parts to bought to see what is, our was, the behavior of the car before the tune setup. The car was a bit...ah..hmm.....it's better to say nothing
Then I drove the car whit the tune setup……….wow...a brand new car 👍 …. Very handling (in its own matter). I enjoyed driving it and I learnt some things (like…the rear hasn’t to be always higher than the front).
This car is recommend for people how like drift cars.
I enjoyed testing this car…and keep up the good work.👍

well, the Ford GT that I have is the prize car from the premium sports lounge, which might explain the twitchy behaviour. I heard a rumour that the downforce would be different in it, and I think that I can agree with that..:nervous: 700bhp RUF is easy to drive when compared to this.

Well Good luck with it.;)
I've done a couple of changes, but not all of them. Could you give me advise on what could be done better?

Oh and Greycap, and everyone else offcourse, feel free to test my improved(?) touge setup...

2cvmm4.jpg

2cv2tg5.jpg

The 2CV belongs to a very short list of vehicles introduced right after World War II that remained relevant and competitive for many decades - in the case of the 2CV, 42 years.
In 1988, production ceased in France but was continued in Portugal. The last 2CV, grey with chassis number VF7AZKA00LA376002, rolled off the Portuguese production line on July 27, 1990

Summary of the car:
Car: Citroen 2CV Type A;
Colour: Peche (Special Colour);
Year: 1954;
Drive train: FF;
Dimensions: 3780 x 1480 x 1600;
Mass: 450 Kg;
Engine Type: Boxer2: OHV;
Displacement: 1576 cc;
Power: 50HP / 3500rpm;
Torque: 8.93kgf.m / 3500rpm.

Tuning Parts:
CAR > Prize
Wheel:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Port Polish
Engine Balance
Racing Chip
Stage 1 Turbo
Semi Racing Suspension
Fully Customisable Transmission
Triple Clutch
Sports Flywheel
Variable LSD
Standard Road Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 1, 2 and 3
Total Spent: 83.900

Settings:
Suspension:
Spring Rate:2.5 / 2.0
Ride Height: 131 / 131
Damper: 3 / 3
Camber Angle: 4.0 / 2.0​
LSD:
LSD Initial Torque: 60
LSD Acceleration: 60
LSD Deceleration: 5​
Transmission:
1st Gear: 3.081
2nd Gear:2.205
3rd Gear: 1.653
4th Gear: 1.229
5th Gear: 0.945
Final: 3.870
Auto: 6​

NO DRIVING AIDS (0/0/0)

Top Speed: 118 Km/h

This car was Tested and tuned on Opera Paris: 2’13.089

Minichris E 55 AMG ‘02

Cheaper (and quicker)
Than a SL 65:D

Trial mountain time for SL 65: 1'41.7xx

Specifications
Engine Type – V8:SOHC
Displacement – 5.4L
Power – 607BHP/6100rpm
Weight – 1910 kg
Trial Mountain time – 1’45.3xx

Parts:
Stage 2 NA tuning kit
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Sport Suspension
Racing Chip
Speedline 004

Settings

Suspension

Ride Height – 120/120
Shock Absorbers – 7/7
Camber Angle – 1.5/2.0

Driving aids

ASM (under) 2
ASM (over) 2
TCS 1

Sirhcinim stage III Cupra comfort '04

Specification

Engine Type: L4: DOHC
Displacement: 1781cc
Power: 344BHP @ 5800rpm
Mass: 1177 Kg

Modifications:
Racing Exhaust & Air Filter,
Racing Brakes Kit,
Brake Controller,
Port Polish,
Engine Balancing,
Racing Chip,
Transmission Fully Customisable,
Triple Clutch,
Racing Flywheel,
1.5 way LSD,
Stage 3 Turbine Kit,
Large Racing Intercooler,
Racing Suspension,
BRIDGESTONE 001.

Total Cost: 179,280 Credits

Settings

Suspension & Brakes (Front/Rear)

Brake Balance: 5 / 5

Spring Rate: 7.0 / 7.5
Ride Height: 100 / 100
Damper (Bound): 3 / 4
Damper (Rebound): 7 / 6
Camber Angle: 2.5 / 2.0
Toe Angle: -2 / 1
Stabiliser: 2 / 2

Driving Aids

ASM Understeer: 0
ASM Oversteer: 0
TCS Controller: 3

Transmission

(Auto Set): 10

As usual comments etc. are welcome. :)

Minichris 350Z supercharged ‘03

This is the 350Z, competing with the likes of the Dodge Viper, TVR Speed 6, and Ford GT.

Specifications
Engine Type – -:-
Displacement – 3.4L
Power – 392 BHP/6200rpm
Weight – 1320 kg
Trial Mountain time - 1’36.1xx

Parts:
Supercharger
Sports Suspension
Racing transmission
Carbon driveshaft
Wing BB
RAYS 018 or O.Z. 001

Settings

Suspension

Ride Height – 100/100
Camber Angle – 1.8/2.3
Damper – 7/7

Down force

25/25

Driving aids
👍
All this to say: Give up the driving aids, they are false friends. When testing a car, first, put off all the driving aids, then, test 2 laps whit the car just to feel it. Then point out what it needs (more steer, less steer, more HP… )and only after that buy the tuning parts that you think you need to better the car, and the settings to use.
👍

👍 I did that!👍

ASM (under)0
ASM (over) 0
TCS 1

Gear ratios

Auto settings 9
6th gear 0.789
Final 3.590
3rd gear 1.750

The car is great, there was a great feeling driving it.

Minichris 350Z Roadster supercharged ‘03

This is the 350Z, competing with the likes of the Dodge Viper, TVR Speed 6, and Ford GT.​
  • Won spider & roadster event

Specifications
Engine Type – -:-
Displacement – 3.4L
Power – 392 BHP/6200rpm
Weight – 1320 kg
Trial Mountain time - 1’40.6xx

Parts:
Supercharger
Racing Suspension
Racing transmission
Carbon driveshaft
Racing brakes kit
Sports exhaust
RAYS 024 or RAYS 023

Settings

Suspension

Ride Height – 80/85
Camber Angle – 2.8/3.3
Damper (Rebound) – 8/8
Damper (bounce) – 8/8
Spring rate – 9.0/9.0
Stabiliser – 6/6
Down force
25/25
Driving aids
ASM (under)0
ASM (over) 0
TCS 1
Gear ratios
Auto settings 9
6th gear 0.789
Final 3.590
3rd gear 1.750
4th gear 1.300

and my ZZ-S didn't do too bad either, it did the fastest laptimes, but the lack of traction etc did prevent it from becoming a winner. oh well..

Back