Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the explanation, it’s good to know that you think about why those settings are working well. +rep
check.gif

Come on guys and gals, we need feedback! Soon there will be new rides from us, that need to be tested and reviewed.

Indeed we do, we will launch two high speed tarmac rippers tomorrow but we don't even know how you like the more mildly tuned ones... and the offer still stands, a review for us and a tuned car of your choice for you!

maybe i'll test the Ibiza, because i have already one, and so i could compare your setup and mine!

EDIT: i think i've found a car to tune: could you guys please make me a really good handling Charger '70? just a bad-a**-handling car? thanks

viper

RUF BTR '86 "Blackbird"

700 bhp, 815 Nm, 1038 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing exhaust
Racing brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 4
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
R3 tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (Spoon/Honda black 5-spokes with blue bolts)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 13.0 / 12.5
Ride Height: 100 / 100
Bound: 8 / 8
Rebound: 6 / 4
Camber: 2.0 / 1.5
Toe: 0 / -2
Stabilizers: 3 / 3

Brake Controller
Brakes: 7 / 9

LSD
Initial: 60
Acceleration: 17
Deceleration: 50

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 30

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Inspired by Anime/Manga known as Wangan Midnight, I decided to recreate one of the main cars in the series, a Porsche 911 Turbo. Known as Blackbird, this car has been undefeated on the high speed runs on Japanese highways. This car has been made for fast tracks as well, so please, don't bother yourself by taking it into Autumn Ring mini, it'll just bite your head off. It'll love to run on Apricot Hill and fast tracks like that, and if you're brave enough, you can take this wild axe murderer to Nurb. Have fun, and may the Forced Induction be with you!

Edit: Setup updated. Car should be more friendly now.

Last edited:
ProtoMotors Spirra SC '04

524 bhp, 814 Nm, 1096 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Supercharger
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.0 / 7.5
Ride Height: 130 / 140
Bound: 3 / 4
Rebound: 4 / 4 - Originally 4 / 8
Camber: 3.0 / 1.5
Toe: 0 / 0
Stabilizers: 2 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 3 - Originally 5 / 5

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.896
2nd: 2.003
3rd: 1.539
4th: 1.246
5th: 1.041
6th: 0.893
Final Gear: 3.100

Autoset 11

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 40
Deceleration: 30 - Originally 10

Downforce
Amount: 25 / 30 - Originally 30 / 30

Driving Aids

Maybe the least known supercar of the game, this Korean road rocket is something you won't want to miss. The handling is directly comparable to JGTC or LM cars and despite the low downforce levels this black bullet is fast enough to challenge GT500 class cars on equal terms. Watch out, Pagani! Here we come!

EDIT - 110907 - The car was tuned to be a bit more driver friendly in late July. The setup you see now is "Mk II", the changes from "Mk I" have been added. Don't mix the different setups, use one or the other and when reviewing the car, please tell which settings were used.

Reviews:

by Frozen
by iLex
by Nicknamealguem
by Rotary Junkie (MkI setup)
by Rotary Junkie (MkII setup)
by Swish_aus

Last edited:
Now, people. The time to be honest. Don't you like our cars or what's up with the amount of comments? I know that we pick odd models to be tuned but that's part of the game, the concept of a riced wannabe fast Civic with too much power and overly hard suspension has been seen so many times that it's really getting a bit old.

Tell us what you want, and the ideas will definitely be taken into consideration. Test our cars and give feedback - we will return with even better ones. You give us an opinion, we will give you a fast car. Easy? That's what I thought, too. :)

i'm sorry Greycap, i don't know why people don't seem to notice your wonderful thread with the amazing setups.........

viper

ProtoMotors Spirra SC '04 , Wow it's really a supercar ,this car so powerfull :scared:
I try it at mid - field track ,and I got 1.07.xxx .(I'm not a good driver)and I know that car can do much more better . :)

today I will try RUF BTR BlackBird 86"- it's really get interesting -and I will post you the result. This time I will try it at the Nurb

MyResult: the RUF was excellent at Apricot Hill track and I got 1'20.071,in other hand the car need some stabilize at high speed, you can't brake and turn at high speed you will get bad result if you do that :indiff: , so it's not good at Nurb track

maybe it just was my bad driving,I don't know

anyway I gave you my opinion .

and I thank you for it. do you have any request for a car that you'd like me to tune for you, and what kind of limits it should have in power, weight tyres etc..?

thanks guys (Greycap) for my Charger-setup...........it's so great, i love it!!

i only can recommend this service from you to all the others out there, guys review one of the Mad FinnTuners setup's and you'll get a personal tune for your favourite car.......

viper

The RUF is very nice, I had one fully tuned myself, but these settings really fin(n)ish the car, it's a real beast. 700* hp Porsches own.

If you are interested, could you do something with a Lotus Elise S? It's hard to make it handle well when it's fully tuned, but it's low weight combined with higher power could make a killer car when properly tuned.

We already have a MotorSport Elise ready to run, to be published in a few days. Not full tune but still pretty quick. Be sure to return when it's out! :)

I assure you, Agent Kri, that LMS Elise is a real beast. it can keep up with 500bhp+ road cars with ease. it'll be easier to drive than my Blackbird though, so it might not get your heart racing like the RUF. but, feel free to PM me if you have a need for a setup for any car, and I'll give it a shot.

Lotus MotorSport Elise 260RS '99

260 bhp, 244 Nm, 637 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 1
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 4.0 / 6.0
Ride Height: 110 / 120
Bound: 3 / 6
Rebound: 4 / 8
Toe: 2 / 0
Stabilizers: 2 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 7

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.752
2nd: 1.946
3rd: 1.519
4th: 1.246
5th: 1.048
6th: 0.903
Final Gear: 4.000

Autoset 9

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 25
Deceleration: 5

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 20

Driving Aids

The little pocket rocket with a lot of potential and the looks of a junior Group C racer, this Elise is ready to make many supercar owners think twice before challenging it to a race. 260 brake horsepower doesn't sound much but 637 kilograms sounds even less... take it on a twisty track and feel your bad mood disappear!

Reviews:

by DuoMaxwell
by Sauriini

Last edited:
Just noticed this thread and I'll thoroughly test all of your setups. Looking forward to it as I'm always really bad at properly setting up my car (especially when it comes to suspension). Thanks for the work and contributions you've done!

Alpine A110 1600S'73

306 bhp, 322 Nm, 650kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 4.5 / 6.0
Ride Height: 105 / 105
Bound: 3 / 4
Rebound: 4 / 6
Toe: 0 / 2
Stabilizers: 2 / 3

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 3

Transmission

NOTE! set Auto value first, then Final and gear ratios last.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.029
2nd: 2.130
3rd: 1.598
4th: 1.310
5th: 1.088
6th: 0.900
Final Gear: 3.000

Autoset 10

LSD
Initial: 60
Acceleration: 15
Deceleration: 5

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 30

Driving Aids

This old classic car might look pretty, but just like poisonous frogs that are pretty colourful, this has a weapon too, and it's called power to weight ratio. having 306bhp producing turbocharged 1.6-liter unit in a chassis that weights only 650 kilos has it's advantages.
Car sticks to the road like superglue, and can easily keep up with Blackbird on Apricot Hill, where mere second separates them, despite the fact that RUF has 394bhp advantage and almost 3 times as much torque. And unlike the German axemurderer, this pretty French lady doesn't want to kill you. No, She wants you to push harder, deeper, just to find out the limits.. and you will find your own limits before the car begins to reveal it's own ones.

yup, she's pulling similar times as fully tuned LMS Elise. She might be heavier, but she's also more stable and suffers less about traction issues.

I just tested out the Seat Ibiza Cupra on Infineon and feel like it has a bit too much tendency to understeer at higher speeds. But I think this is mainly due to the fact that it's a front wheel drive car. The tuning itself is spot on. I feel it's perfectly suited for courses like Hong Kong where there's a lot of hairpin turns and a lower speed range. What fascinates me the most is how nimble it is at lower speeds and especially how it appears to stop on a dime. Also impressed with the way it pulls itself out of tight turns. Further analysis on your other setups to come :) Great work thus far.

I had so much fun with the RUF BTR "Blackbird" that I didn't want to stop running laps. Running that beast on Laguna Seca is the most fun I've had in a while. Surprisingly stable even with the high output and soft suspension. Great car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back