Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's okay, take your time. I'm glad to hear that you were pleased with the NSX. I believe that you'll love the Impreza more than the Celica.

^ Kurei: Gotta agree with you on Michigan. I've seen (but never bought) the Celica. I've NEVER seen the Impreza. Oh well. I'd love to have an Impreza Coupe, though...

Any ideas what week it appears on?

3-6-14-15-16-18-21-29-32-33-35-38-39-40-43-45-46-50-52-53-54-58-60-61-62-65-67-68-77-81-83-84-86-90-91-93-97-98

:P

DANGIT! That's the Impreza?

DANG DANG DANG! (I'm late in the cycle, day 2300 or something)

Oh well. I'll try the SEAT, see if I can get past the fact that the engine points the wrong way for being in the front...

Nismo 450R'99

450 bhp, 477 Nm, 1091 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 4
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Refresh
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (Black Nismos)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 4.0 / 5.0
Ride Height: 110 / 110
Bound: 3 / 6
Rebound: 6 / 8
Camber: 1.5 / 2.0
Toe: 0 / -2
Stabilizers: 2 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 7 / 5

LSD
Initial: 15
Acceleration: 15
Deceleration: 5

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 20

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Psst, you there!
Next thing you will hear is strictly unofficial information, which is actually classified as Top Secret at Nissan: If you flash big money under the desk while purchasing new or used S15 Silvia, you will get a chance to own an unique, agile dragon that is built by Nissan's racing arm, Nismo. Named as 450R, it follows Nismo's tradition where the horsepower is actually the name. That's right, this nimble coupe kicks out healthy 450 rampant horses. Suspension, chassis, whole engine and everything in between will be inspected, stripped into pieces, then put together in clinical circumstances. After that, the car spends some time on test track before the finished product will be delivered to happy owner. You seem to be one of the lucky ones, thus, here are the keys, and remember to fasten the seatbelts! 👍

Well i managed to test the Impreza, i looked up the Celica in my Game Guide, turns out its rare in the "old school" car lot, so idk when that will show...

But anyways, The Impreza, someone mentioned that they experienced Understeer testing it, and i did too, mostly during mid-corner to corner-exit acceleration, if i remember, the LSD was set to restrict the front tires alot more than the rear, and i think that causes the rear tires to push the car faster than the front tires can handle, i could be wrong but my experience with LSD's leads me to that conclusion

I'll test the S15 setup, see how that goes, hopefully post the results tonight if my laptop works...

Dodge Viper SRT10 R/T '03

620 bhp, 854 Nm, 1272 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 1
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.5 / 8.0
Ride Height: 110 / 120
Bound: 3 / 6
Rebound: 4 / 8
Camber: 2.5 / 1.0
Toe: 2 / 0

Brake Controller
Brakes: 4 / 7

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.943
2nd: 1.970
3rd: 1.469
4th: 1.188
5th: 0.979
6th: 0.828
Final Gear: 3.400

Autoset 13

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 20
Deceleration: 10

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 25

Driving Aids

Quite a quick sports car that is notoriously well known for understeering when driven on sports tyres, the Viper story has been written a new page here. Lighter and more powerful than the base model, the SRT10 R/T blows some new life into the modern muscle car while still keeping the performance on a sane level. Probably not the fastest Viper out there due to the modest (well, that's relative of course) power figures but certainly one of the best handling. Give it a shot, you won't be disappointed.

I tried the Ibiza setup and have to say I'm very impressed. Kudos for tuning it to be a very good road car and not making it grotesquely modded. I really enjoyed driving it to the limit, especially against cars that were a bit faster, like the NSX, Impreza and Evolution VI. Little wheelspin for that real-world feeling, but very controllable through throttle management.

I also tried the Elise, and this one I liked better, as long as you stay away from tight courses, such as Citta di Aria. The rear car has a tendency to slide a lot, and in that course I bumped every wall. However, on wider tracks, it handled like a dream, being able to floor it even before half-way through the curves and still hold its ground against better, higher-powered cars.

The Mustang is next, I'll let you know how it goes. I might suggest a car, but I can't think of one at the moment.

But anyways, The Impreza, someone mentioned that they experienced Understeer testing it, and i did too, mostly during mid-corner to corner-exit acceleration, if i remember, the LSD was set to restrict the front tires alot more than the rear, and i think that causes the rear tires to push the car faster than the front tires can handle, i could be wrong but my experience with LSD's leads me to that conclusion.

I did set the front differential rather tight, since I got fed up with the slow speed understeer at tight corners. thus I set it up like this onrder to make it handle like front-wheel drive car in tight corners. And that it does, the fronts pull the car into the corner, but at higher speeds it results as slight understeer. Just for jun, try it out at Costa di Amalfi's hairpins. I managed actually spin that car in the hairpins before the finish line.. :dunce:

I hope you like the S15.

I tested the S15 yesterday, but didn't get to post as i said, my laptop gave out :indiff:

Anyways, now on the old computer, so while its super slow, it works

The S15, Could be a great car, if the tires were up to snuff, but the S3's just aren't enough for the car's capabilities, understeer here, wheelspin there, etc etc, upgrade the tires and it'd be better, thats really the only bad part of the car

That Viper looks quite interesting, i'll give it a go when i can

S15 was meant to be drifter, obviously you tried to drive it like normal, grip-oriented car. but no worries, soon you'll get a total grip-monster that clocked low 49's at Tsukuba. and it's American..

Now please excuse me, but I didn't understand a word. To be honest, I'm not sure if those were even words.

he must have visited a dentist or something. :odd: I did speak like that after those visits.. but it didn't affect on my ability to type.:dopey:

It's an expression. Don't know exactly where it came from, but I like it.

Where's the grip monster? *grabs rack full of soft compound slicks* The grip is MINE, ALL OF IT! BUAHAHAHA!

Hope that gets understood. (You'll get a test from me, most likely)

You won't need that rack of soft tyres, the Medium ones will do just fine. It will probably roll out on Sunday at earliest.

So your saying it could run with my C12 back at IDW ?, lol no worries, i found it a long lost foreign friend, capable of 47's:crazy:

Anyways, got to test the Viper, and i got to say it was a blast, on the last corner before the finish at Tsukuba, the car's rear seems to like to power-over, just enough to allow me to change the angle for that exit for faster speeds, and its on S3's, very impressive, and quite fast might i add, it really picks up speed on straights, and begs you for more as you hear the engine scream, lol

Looking forward to this "Super Grip" car :sly:

Thanks for that Kurei, sounds like the Viper did what is was built to do!

I'd also like to say one thing here... aimed not only at Kurei, but for everyone. When trying out these cars, the ones made by me at least, please consider other courses alongside Tsukuba. I understand that it's a popular testing course but to be honest, I don't think it lets the cars to show their real potential being so slow and short.

I'm not saying that you must not drive them there but you'll get a better picture of them on, for example, Autumn Ring (a very good handling test for slower cars) or Grand Valley Speedway where the full power and handling in all speed ranges can be put into a test.

Just a suggestion. 👍

Yea, Leo mentioned i should try his Impreza at Costa di Amalfi (Capri for short), and i did and it did perform better there, but not enough to eliminate the understeer, that stayed about the same

I also tested the Viper at Infieneon as well, its just its performance at Tsukuba got me excited :D

MFT C740R

740 bhp, 874 Nm, 1197 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 7.5 / 6.0
Ride Height: 100 / 100
Bound: 4 / 4
Rebound: 6 / 8
Camber: 3.0 / 1.5
Toe: 0 / -2

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 7

Transmission

NOTE! First adjust autoset, then final and last gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.840
2nd: 1.891
3rd: 1.371
4th: 1.043
5th: 0.833
6th: 0.710
Final Gear: 3.420

Autoset 13

LSD
Initial: 20
Acceleration: 13
Deceleration: 5

Downforce
Amount: 30/30

Driving Aids

Some say, that American cars are rubbish. Others say that they're best bang for the buck in the world. We Finns don't say a thing, we just skip the debate and get down to business. This time, the subject was nothing else but iconic Chevrolet Corvette, it's fifth generation to be exact. Despite featuring ancient mechanical parts such as pushrods and leaf springs, this car is NOT ancient smog machine. And with some Finnish insanity and guts, this car has been stretched to it's outer limits. It was renamed as MFT C740R, and as usual, the name tells you the power. Thus, treat it with respect until you learn it's limits, and it'll blast you under 0'49 at Tsukuba.

I just tested the Seat Ibiza Cupra, and found it a very satisfying car. The power level is just perfect for an FF in this game with these tires, with no wheelspin in typical running and still requiring throttle control for an absolutely perfect corner. I immediately took it to the Nurburgring and lapped it [poorly driving] in 8:20. The suspension had a good balance of not being uncontrollably stiff or annoyingly supple, flying through the N-ring quite well. I particularly liked its when-you-mess-up etiquitte: get on the accelerator too early at an apex and understeer your outer wheel just slightly off-course, and you're suprised with a frisky FF drift, outer rear wheel off course--at low speed. At high speed, the FF power isn't enough to keep the oversteer under control, and I entered a few 100-mph manji maneuvers and spins, and for this I must give it an 8/10 for enjoyment.

I have been having trouble with my AE86 Trueno. If it's at all possible, I would like you to set me up a non-turbo, unwinged AE86 Trueno on S3's. Ideally, it would have a touch [or a bit more than a touch] of oversteer throughout the corner. The idea of the car would be the same as that of the Ibiza: lightweight, maneuverable, low-power, and enjoyable, if not blindingly fast. I eagerly await the setup!

Thanks for the feedback! As ironic as it is, the slowest car I've made seems to collect the best points. I would have thought Nürburgring to be too fast for the Ibiza but you've proved me wrong, sounds like it worked well there too.

The Trueno is somewhat problematic without a wing, it's damn difficult for me for some reason to get the front to grip well enough when there is no downforce helping in that. Throttle oversteer is no problem though... *goes to pat Leonidae on the shoulder*

After a few weeks if lurking the forums, this thread inspired me to create an account, just so I could post about my experience with the Toyota Caldina.

I've always been one for sleeper cars, and if I've ever used a sleeper in GT4, the Caldina would be it. I was nearly impressed beyond words with the speed and acceleration of this beast. For anyone that hasn't tested it, don't let this faux-soccer mom vehicle fool you, it really CAN hang with super cars. I took it on a few Family Cup races and it didn't let me down at all, the Caldina easily took the lead. As far as handling goes, I have nothing negative to say about it. It handles about how it should, nothing extraordinary, but it won't leave you frustrated either.

Major kudos to you guys for crafting this fine piece of machinery! I'm not sure if this is allowed in the thread, if not I'll gladly delete them, but I'm including a couple shots of me having a little bit of fun in Seattle. Apologies for the shots not being more clear, there is no decent photo editing program on this laptop yet.

Dodge Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi '71

732 bhp, 1022 Nm, 1528 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.5 / 9.0
Ride Height: 150 / 150
Bound: 3 / 4
Rebound: 4 / 8
Camber: 3.0 / 2.0
Toe: 2 / 0

Brake Controller
Brakes: 4 / 7

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.783
2nd: 1.957
3rd: 1.529
4th: 1.241
5th: 1.040
6th: 0.900
Final Gear: 2.650

Autoset 10

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 35
Deceleration: 10

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 20

Driving Aids

It looks like a quite ordinary Charger, but it isn't jokingly called "Attitude Adjuster" for nothing. This big chunk of dark blue steel will change your idea of muscle cars for life. While the ordinary Super Bee is sluggish, slightly underpowered for its weight and overall a tiresome package, this creature of the early seventies will take care of all those problems. Razor sharp handling (considering the weight of course), a truckload of grunt from the mighty Hemi V8 under the hood and an all round racy feeling make it one of the most enjoyable American cars around. For a while, hide your hatred towards the old American muscle and let it show you its true nature. You'll end up with a good ride.

Reviews:

by Tuuba-A
by Vander

Last edited:
The Super Bee looks nice, I'll give it a go after I try out a few more of your cars.

Since I drive an Acura Integra in real life, I'm curious to see what you can do with the Integra on GT4. Just something that's enjoyable on the track and that can give cars with a "few" more horsepower a mean shock. If it helps, I'm best at driving vehicles with a pretty good amount of oversteer.

Too bad there isn't a white Acura Integra in the game...Or is there? :sly:

First, thanks for the feedback! My thread inspired you to create an account? That's something that really makes me feel good, I've done something worthwhile!

"you guys for crafting this fine piece of machinery" is actually a bit wrong, all our cars are mostly independently built, ie. my cars usually don't have Leonidae's touch on them and vice versa. Still I appreciate you seeing the thread as a joint operation (which it naturally is), I just had to let off some steam towards a guy who ignored Leonidae completely. Team work is the best work.

I don't mind the couple of shots you posted, as long as you keep your own setups out of the thread I'll be happy. It's always good to see what our cars can do! Just don't make it a kind of a picture gallery. ;)

And, as the offer goes, you tried out a car tuned by me, I owe you one of your choice. You've already picked one, I'll see what I can do about it!

I hope we'll hear from you again! 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back