Tuner Garages

• Thread starter Kent
  • 2,497 comments
hmm, I am a little bit out of inspiration to set a new car up...

Who wants me to rate one of his cars? (Please note wich track you tested it on)

VW Golf R32 Stage2 '03

r32smalluh2.jpg

German engineering brought to you by: AZEVEDOJOSE'S GARAGE

From the Tuning Shop...

Semi-Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
Carbon Driveshaft
Semi-Racing Suspension
Sports/Soft Tyres
Weight Reduction: Stage1
BBS 018 wheels (optional)

Settings...

Brake Controller
Brake Balance: 5/8

Semi-Racing Suspension
Spring Rate: 5.0/5.4
Ride Height: 90/90
Damper: 4/5
Camber: 2.0/0.8

No Driving Aids

Review...

I've been using Kent's GTi as my all around hatchback, but as it suits the 'Ring perfectly, I can't get the same feeling at Deep Forest or similar courses. I've decided to do my best with this Stage2 R32 to keep in pace with the mentioned GTi at the 'Ring, but achieve a faster rhythm on the tracks I can't extract the best from it. Stage2 R32 feels really balanced and the 4WD traction helps a lot, even if underpowered and overweighted compared to the GTi, maintaining the same speed trough corners and losing a bit on the long straights.

Events won...

Schwarzwald Liga A

Honda S2000 ‘03

Japanese Technology From Speedster502

Buy all the following parts from Honda’s Tuning Shop

Racing exhaust & air filter
Racing brakes
Brake Controller
Stage 2 N/A Tuning
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
Transmission Fully Customisable
Triple Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Variable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Racing Medium Tyres
Weight Stage 1
Racing Suspension

Settings

Brake Controller
Brake Balance: 12/10

Gearing
Auto Set: 13
Final Gear: 4.100

Driving Aids
ASM (Both): 10
TCS: 7

Racing Suspension
Spring Rate: 8.5/8.0
Ride Height: 100/100
Damper Bounce Side: 7/8
Damper Rebound Side: 7/9

This car will cost you:
£148,200

A Few Statistics
0-60: 3.68

Tsubuka Times:
Standard Car: 1’08.008
Speedster502’s Setting: 0’56.750

Description
This car has been in the work house for well over 3 months now. It is a project that has had a lot of hard work put into it. The car is specifically built for Tsubuka, many laps have been put in to get such brilliant cornering speed. The car is very nimble and loves corners. It is quick down the straights but only round the corners do you really get a kick. It is one of my favourite cars that I own; I have not yet tried this car at any other track apart from Tsubuka.

This car is probably the first of 3 cars. There is plans to create a cut down budget one but hoping to keep the same sort of speed involved as this one. Also there is plans to make a fully race focused car too. I really hope you enjoy driving it, if you do drive it any where else then please tell me!

Good luck!

Sorry for the sudden notice, but can anyone try my e55 amg out? I posted a while ago, but there wasn't any reply. So I'm asking if anyone can test it and give me some feedback. Thanks. The post is on pg.35 and the tracks I used to test it is on the post itself. Thanks. :bowdown:

yo. my Stig Tuned BMW M3. it has 509 hp with oil change.

it is outfitted with:

semi racing exhaust,
sport racing chip,
stage three NA tune
port polish
engine balancing

racing brakes and brake controller

R2 tires

racing suspension

racing transmission
twin plate clutch
racing flywheel
carbon driveshaft
1.5 way LSD

a wing

full weight reduction

Costs:
264,610 Cr.

Settings:
Brake controller
front, 5, rear, 4

Suspension
front spring rate, 12.0
rear spring rate, 10.5
shock bound, rebound, all 8
ride height front, 89
ride height back, 90
camber angle, 2 front, 1 rear
toe angle, 0 front and rear
stabilizers, 5 front and rear.

Transmission
1st gear, 4.359
2nd gear, 2.724
3rd gear, 1.907
4th gear, 1.460
5th gear, 1.154
6th gear, 0.915
FD, 3.282
auto, 12

Driving Aids
asm, 4 for both,
tcs, 2

Downforce
10 front 15 back

see how you like it. this car was made for the nurburgring. i only managed 7:15 going around. but i crashed 10 times.

The Victorious Formula
------------------------------------------------
------This tuning works fine for mostly these types FR,MR,4WD(AWD)------
------------------------------------------------​
Take any car from previous types
Buy the best parts (it will be better to not choose the Original parts )

These are the settings:

Brake controller:
|-- Brake Balance: 12/16

Racing Suspension:
|-- Spring Rates: MAX/MAX
|-- Ride Height:MIN/MIN
|-- ShBound:3/6
|-- ShRebound:5/8
|-- Camber:0/0
|-- Toe:0/0
|-- Stabilities :2/2

Gearing : the set-up of your choice

Downforce: the set-up of your choice

Aids:
|-- ASM(Ovstr):0
|-- ASM(Undstr): between (5-8) .it's your choice (I recommend 5)
|-- TCS:1

LSD:
|-- Int:10
|-- Acc:40
|-- Dec:20

Tyres:it's your choice but again I recommend Sports & Racings tyres

------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
I tested those settings at these cars (Audi R8 race car ,Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX Spec C,Honda NSX-R Prototype LM ,BMW M3 GTR ,Nissan PENZZOIL Nismo GTR ,Cadillac Cien.) and it works fine. it's good for beginners and advancers GT4 players . I really hope someone try it.
So any suggestion will be welcome

shangoob, are you serious with those settings? You're maxing the spring rate, making the car a rock sled, and minimizing the ride height, making sure that the titanium hard suspension doesn't have travel to work. Zero camber ensures that the tyres will never have a full contact patch when cornering and to complete the package, you cripple what's left with driving aids. The only thing that keeps the car from understeering like a snowplough is the ASM Understeer, and that takes off a big part of the cornering speeds.

If some "advanced GT4 player" uses those setting and finds them better than their own settings for the cars, they are fooling themselves by saying they're advanced. An advanced GT4 player can tune a car better than those settings.

You'll hate me for this. Go on, flame as much as you ever want to. Get your friends into the flame fest too. But you can't change the fact that I'm right on this subject.

shangoob, are you serious with those settings? You're maxing the spring rate, making the car a rock sled, and minimizing the ride height, making sure that the titanium hard suspension doesn't have travel to work. Zero camber ensures that the tyres will never have a full contact patch when cornering and to complete the package, you cripple what's left with driving aids. The only thing that keeps the car from understeering like a snowplough is the ASM Understeer, and that takes off a big part of the cornering speeds.

Of course I'm trying to be funny Greycap.

If some "advanced GT4 player" uses those setting and finds them better than their own settings for the cars, they are fooling themselves by saying they're advanced. An advanced GT4 player can tune a car better than those settings.

it's good for beginners and advancers GT4 players (as you see I wrote good not the best)

You'll hate me for this. Go on, flame as much as you ever want to. Get your friends into the flame fest too. But you can't change the fact that I'm right on this subject.

And indeed I don't hate you my friend .Rather than I respect you.:)
I'm afraid you are the one that hate me ,and you trying-like a forestalled man -to search tiny mistake from this post to that post.

And don't worry I tested mine settings before at these cars (Audi R8 race car ,Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX Spec C,Honda NSX-R Prototype LM ,BMW M3GTR ,Nissan PENZZOIL Nismo GTR ,Cadillac Cien.) and it works fine.

I tested your tuning before and I said it was the best tuning I ever seen 👍 .So it's your turn to try my tuning and prove it by saying it's the worst tuning 👎 you ever seen.

And I'm sorry for my bad english .but I'm sure you are smart enough to understand it.

Don't take it quite that steeply, I don't hate you but the sad truth is that there is no formula to fit all cars excellently. What I'm trying to say is that your formula will always be worse than a customized setting for a certain car. You're only making yourself look dumber than you are by stating that it will work fine on every FR, MR and 4WD car. It won't, I know from experience that there are cars that need very odd tuning to behave acceptably. A certain formula is a good starting point but every car will need its own fine tuning.

I tried it out. Not on those very same cars, but I usually don't base critics on an "I think" basis as it would look (and be) extremely silly. The main problem is that the weight transfer is completely ignored by the very hard suspension, and the result is that the tyres get overloaded which leads to losing grip. Softer and higher cars are more responsive until a certain limit, after that limit the effects will begin to reverse. Camber is always needed outside of the drag strip as it greatly increases cornering grip. And the fact that you used ASM proves that there is something wrong with the formula.

The cars you've used, with the exception of the Impreza, are very wide, low and stable cars that usually have a hard suspension with a low ride height. The results about the overall suitability would have been really different if you had tried out, for example, Shelby Cobra for FR, Lotus Europa for MR and Audi TT for AWD. Those are all cars that need pretty specific tricks to make them drive well and even if you say that the formula will work fine, the cars will be close to uncontrollable with it. Always take into consideration all the different possibilities when making "universal solutions". I've done those before myself and found out that they don't work 100% of the time.

What I'm trying to tell you is that every car is different. Believe me or not, I'm trying to help you, even if my way of doing it is a bit weird. I'm not saying that it's the worst tuning I've ever seen. You should see what I've seen in this game series. And you don't want to know all that. :scared:

And don't apologize for your English, as long as you're doing your best writing it it really doesn't matter if you don't get it right. Txt spk is the way to get flamed, not having English as a native language is definitely not.

Don't take it quite that steeply, I don't hate you but the sad truth is that there is no formula to fit all cars excellently. What I'm trying to say is that your formula will always be worse than a customized setting for a certain car. You're only making yourself look dumber than you are by stating that it will work fine on every FR, MR and 4WD car. It won't, I know from experience that there are cars that need very odd tuning to behave acceptably. A certain formula is a good starting point but every car will need its own fine tuning.

The Victorious Formula
------------------------------------------------
------This tuning works fine for mostly these types FR,MR,4WD(AWD)------
------------------------------------------------​

who said every Graycap.I'm not sure if I'm making my self dumber.
don't take this game seriously it's still a game .then why Ferrari team ,Mclaren team ,BMW team and other race teams didn't use GT4 for their tuning . 👍

Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon STi '00
Parts were bought from Mine's (499HP)
Race Exhaust
Sports chip
original turbo
race intercooler
nitrous (optional)

Race brakes
Brake Controller

Original Suspension
R3 tires
Stage 3 weight
all rigidity upgrades

Full customize transmission
race flywheel
triple clutch
cabon driveshaft
full customize LSD
oil change

Settings:
Nitrous:55
Brakes:5/5
Spring rate:12.5/12.0
Ride Height:116/116
Camber angle:2.5/0.6
Toe:0/0
Stablizers:4/5

Transmission Auto:11 Final:3.920
1st:3.449
2nd:2.366
3rd:1.747
4th:1.351
5th:1.094
6th:0.928

LSD 21/21
45/45
20/20
aids:10,10,7
Tsukuba time: 0'53.508
400M time:0'09.011 (with nitrous and driving aids)
This is my first time really tuning a car and i think it turned out well. I love this thing, it is a rocket coming out of corners and turns great. Please test it yourself and comment.
P.S I will try some one else's car if they try mine.

The results about the overall suitability would have been really different if you had tried out, for example, Shelby Cobra for FR, Lotus Europa for MR and Audi TT for AWD. Those are all cars that need pretty specific tricks to make them drive well

Hmm, maybe that's why the Cobra isn't working for me...

Could you please tell me the "specific tricks" for the Cobra? I think that would help my tuning a lot.:)

ps. azevedojose, you have a "hard to spell" user name. JK;)
The R32 review is taking it's time, almost 2 hours this morning.:P So I might post it here around thursday. I have to work tomorrow all day, so I won't have time for it...

pps. Oh and kent, how are you? any new (secret) tuning projects going on?

pps². Sorry Speedster, I already have a nice S2000 in my (ingame) garage. It's set up for drifting, and I learnt drifting in that S2000, so personally it would feel like shouting in the church if I would race in it.

pps². Sorry Speedster, I already have a nice S2000 in my (ingame) garage. It's set up for drifting, and I learnt drifting in that S2000, so personally it would feel like shouting in the church if I would race in it.

Ohh....I was hoping you could test it.....(not saying I didn't want anyone else to test it). Also whats wrong with shouting in a church? Is it offensive or something to do that, if so I owe the vicar a apology......

You can get a setup for Cobra just by testing one of his settings that he has put up at Mad FinnTuners Co. After that you can request one tune-up per tested car, simple as that.👍

You can get a setup for Cobra just by testing one of his settings that he has put up at Mad FinnTuners Co. After that you can request one tune-up per tested car, simple as that.👍

Yes, I can. But that would be too easy, wouldn't it? What I want is tuning and understanding why I did so... I feel like a paladin without a mentor when I'm tuning to be honest... (you know, when you're doing something, but you just don't know why your doing it)
hmm, I might need to reread those tuning guides in the tuning sub-forum.💡

I seriously think it's odd that so many individual tuner garages have popped up after I made that one of me and Leonidae. Heavy bandwagoning or what? There had been none for a long time, everyone had settled for this thread. Then we baked a cake and everyone wanted their slice of it. :odd:

Am I irritated by this? Lying takes me nowhere so hell yes, I saw an empty place to be filled and then the others obviously thought that copying a good idea is a good idea too.

Back